PDA

View Full Version : Apparently there are JP players on PSU 360

zandra117
Nov 24, 2006, 03:24 PM
I just walked up to a level 2 person that is idling on a bench in front of linear line on universe 1 and looked at their gamercard and in the box that sys the name of your country it says Japan. I guess after the last update JP players are also able to purchase Guardians Liscences, they just have to import the US or EU version and then they can play it on a JP Gamertag.

BioWarrior
Nov 24, 2006, 03:26 PM
could just be a glitch, after all on PC/PS2 version it STILL says north american players are from europe

Cjeheth
Nov 24, 2006, 03:27 PM
The 360 servers are shared between all regions. Its been like this since day one, but the Japanese version of the game was released a fair bit after the PS2/PC versions, and the 360's userbase in Japan isn't too hot.

So I don't think the latest update's made a difference to that, I think it was just a change to the billing and regional access, to accomodate the EU players.

BioWarrior
Nov 24, 2006, 03:30 PM
na... jp version shouldnt be out yet, its not coming til early-mid december

zandra117
Nov 24, 2006, 03:34 PM
But the JP version of PSU 360 isn't out yet, it's supposed to release in december. You're not supposed to be able to purchace a JP 360 Guardians liscence untill the game actually releases there.
I looked at this person's gamertag and it was a JP gamertag. It can't be a glitch. If you wanna see, hes still idling there. just select him then view his gamercard.

EDIT:Ok now this is just odd, when you select him and look at his gamercard it gives you the option "Join session in progress" that option is usually only available when the person is in their room and is used to teleport to friends while they are in their room, otherwise it is greyed out. O.O

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-11-24 12:44 ]</font>

Cjeheth
Nov 24, 2006, 03:34 PM
Ah yeh, I think I missed the point of the post. Well, the game is region free, perhaps the payment info got put up for Japanese Gamertags like it did for the European ones? Might of been taken down, or left up.

It could also be a tester? Could be a bug... who knows. Interesting to hear about the location glitch for the PC/PS2 players though, haven't had a chance to check it out though. All I've played of the game so far is the 360 beta a while back, gotta wait till monday for my PS2 copy to arrive.

zandra117
Nov 24, 2006, 03:52 PM
I wonder if hes a sonicteam employee O.O, his name is 30007868

Cjeheth
Nov 24, 2006, 03:55 PM
Any word on what his gamertag is, as thats where the country bit seems to be stored?
And is that his name or ID? Clicking the left thumbstick tends to toggle it and its far too easy to do without realising.

zandra117
Nov 24, 2006, 03:59 PM
Thats his name, not his ID. His ID is 30000012 and his gamertag is ge3usergold.

Cjeheth
Nov 24, 2006, 04:03 PM
Click here for his gamer tag (http://live.xbox.com/en-GB/profile/profile.aspx?pp=0&GamerTag=ge3usergold)

Well, doesn't look like he's on a dev team, typically there'd be a lot more stuff on the profile than that. Hmmm, odd. Definately a Japanese profile, so how he's on the game is beyond me. Perhaps the subscription stuff was leaked onto Live like it was in Europe, and he picked up an import copy of the game? Who knows.

zandra117
Nov 24, 2006, 04:13 PM
the only thing thats creeping me out is the option to teleport to his room simply by selecting his character.

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 24, 2006, 04:13 PM
I have also seen this one US pc/ps2 Since launch... someone named TAKAO, who usually sits by linear lines has an ID of something like 1000000004. Always thought he might of been a GM or something.

Ryogen
Nov 24, 2006, 04:14 PM
LOL I know your trying to prove a point but do you have to give out all the infomation? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Seems like some people may go an annoy this guy.

zandra117
Nov 24, 2006, 04:21 PM
according to his gamertag data the only game he has ever played is PSU, I think he may be some sort of staff character

zandra117
Nov 24, 2006, 04:21 PM
On 2006-11-24 13:14, Ryogen wrote:
LOL I know your trying to prove a point but do you have to give out all the infomation? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Seems like some people may go an annoy this guy.

Its public information

Reeve
Nov 24, 2006, 05:49 PM
people are reading way too much into this

its just a japanese person who imported PSU for the xbox 360

i live in the UK and im using a NA xbox 360 account to play but under my profile details it still comes up as United Kingdom

and PSU is gonna be the only game on the list cos thats the only game said person will use that account for, every other game they have ever played is going to be on thier main account