PDA

View Full Version : Wow, PC

Maskim
Nov 24, 2006, 05:25 PM
Ok, so I just got done selling my 360, and will be heading out shortly to get some PC controllers, and my wife a new video card. In anticipation of moving to the PC servers though, I had already installed and played with story mode for a bit on my laptop this morning. Now I don't have the nicest laptop, by any means, but it gets the job done.

Anyways, I was very pleasantly surprised to find, that even after turning the settings down to abysmal levels, to speed the game up, which in turn gives me faster loading and performance than my360 did, it still looks as good and smooth as on the 360! When I turn the settings up a bit, giving it above 360 visuals, the performance is still around the 360 level! Now when I put it all the way up, it's unplayable slow...but it's BEAUTIFUL.

So why didn't anyone tell me this before so I coulda been playing on pc this whole time???

Oh wait...y'all did. I just didn't listen. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rizen
Nov 24, 2006, 05:30 PM
XD Welcome to the good side...I mean PC! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif]
I will be around Uni 15 if you need me or just post.

peenk
Nov 24, 2006, 05:32 PM
Xbox/xbox360 = poor man's PC
I like the system but PCs were/are/will always (be) the best.

mogshaz
Nov 24, 2006, 05:35 PM
On 2006-11-24 14:25, Maskim wrote:
Ok, so I just got done selling my 360, and will be heading out shortly to get some PC controllers, and my wife a new video card. In anticipation of moving to the PC servers though, I had already installed and played with story mode for a bit on my laptop this morning. Now I don't have the nicest laptop, by any means, but it gets the job done.

Anyways, I was very pleasantly surprised to find, that even after turning the settings down to abysmal levels, to speed the game up, which in turn gives me faster loading and performance than my360 did, it still looks as good and smooth as on the 360! When I turn the settings up a bit, giving it above 360 visuals, the performance is still around the 360 level! Now when I put it all the way up, it's unplayable slow...but it's BEAUTIFUL.

So why didn't anyone tell me this before so I coulda been playing on pc this whole time???

Oh wait...y'all did. I just didn't listen. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Thats because the game's graphical median is the ps2. At best this is an average original xbox game.

etlitch
Nov 24, 2006, 05:36 PM
You should have kept the controllers. Xbox360/PSX controllers + adapters are the best ones you can get.

Maskim
Nov 24, 2006, 05:56 PM
I sold the controllers too, at full $50 a pop retail. Would rather get two average controllers for 15$ a peice and keep the change. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Garnet_Moon
Nov 24, 2006, 07:24 PM
That is the magic of LCD screens on laptops. They make shit look like delicious chocolate fudge. :3

Diablohead
Nov 24, 2006, 08:04 PM
The main differences from pc to 360 is that the 360 has better management with the focus blur and background filters, all the graphical models are untouched it seems. Might be a filter on the textures too but its hardly noticeable.

BluCast20xx
Nov 24, 2006, 08:08 PM
i think its a little more risky for people to try and hack on the 360servers than the PC/PS2 servers, since the users go through Xbox live to play.

Kanore
Nov 24, 2006, 09:39 PM
On 2006-11-24 16:24, Garnet_Moon wrote:
That is the magic of LCD screens on laptops. They make shit look like delicious chocolate fudge. :3

... Th... that wasn't chocolate fudge?

peenk
Nov 24, 2006, 09:42 PM
On 2006-11-24 18:39, Kanore wrote:

On 2006-11-24 16:24, Garnet_Moon wrote:

... Th... that wasn't chocolate fudge?

The one that came with lemonade? ..?
>_<

Para
Nov 24, 2006, 09:51 PM
Yeah you should keep the Xbox 360 controllers as they are compatible with PC and you can use them to play PSU. I plan to get a xbox 360 controller to use for myself in psu.

mogshaz
Nov 24, 2006, 09:52 PM
if he got 50$ for each controller he can just buy another one and he will have saved money anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mogshaz on 2006-11-24 18:53 ]</font>

peenk
Nov 24, 2006, 09:55 PM
On 2006-11-24 18:51, Para wrote:
Yeah you should keep the Xbox 360 controllers as they are compatible with PC and you can use them to play PSU. I plan to get a xbox 360 controller to use for myself in psu.

Probably the best part of 360.
I dont have the system but I do have the controller and its really great for any games not necesserily (sp) PSU. Great investment in general. Just make sure to get the wired version as there is no support for wireless controllers unless you have some specific version of windows (multimedia?). Though you can double check because i think they were going to release some kinda fix/drivers for the wirless version to work on any windows as well.

cApNhOwDy
Nov 25, 2006, 02:33 AM
On 2006-11-24 18:55, peenk wrote:

On 2006-11-24 18:51, Para wrote:

Probably the best part of 360.
I dont have the system but I do have the controller and its really great for any games not necesserily (sp) PSU. Great investment in general. Just make sure to get the wired version as there is no support for wireless controllers unless you have some specific version of windows (multimedia?). Though you can double check because i think they were going to release some kinda fix/drivers for the wirless version to work on any windows as well.

I heard that Windows Vista would support the wireless Xbox 360 controllers. Correct me if I'm wrong tho.