PDA

View Full Version : Probably been asked before: Do Ranks affect boss loot

Orin654
Nov 24, 2006, 08:07 PM
Does the rank you get at the end of a boss run affect their drops?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Orin654 on 2006-11-24 17:13 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Nov 24, 2006, 08:13 PM
Not online it doesn't.

Offline though, beating missions with an S nets you an item reward.

hucast21
Nov 24, 2006, 08:39 PM
On 2006-11-24 17:13, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Not online it doesn't.

Offline though, beating missions with an S nets you an item reward.

I have to disagree. If S rank doesn't affect boss loot; I would have far more par/neu/mot ebons, 6/7* star boards, etc by now.

I solo 90% of the time with my trainer and NPC since reaching level cap 2 weeks ago.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 24, 2006, 08:41 PM
hucast, i'm calling you a liar.

You just have terrible luck. I've done Relics on Parum and Neudaiz at least a thousand times, and only today did I see a Relic Edge drop. It was on The Holy Shrine B from a Gohmon.

I've always gotten S ranks on those unless I join in late, so no. Keeping an S rank from room to room, and then eventually with the boss as well doesn't affect anything except Mission reward.

For De Ragan? S every single time. Maybe 100 total A or below due to deaths from other people. Maybe done that one 1,500 times. Only seen one Tail drop.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-24 17:43 ]</font>

hucast21
Nov 24, 2006, 08:48 PM
On 2006-11-24 17:41, Garnet_Moon wrote:
hucast, i'm calling you a liar.

You just have terrible luck. I've done Relics on Parum and Neudaiz at least a thousand times, and only today did I see a Relic Edge drop. It was on The Holy Shrine B from a Gohmon.

I've always gotten S ranks on those unless I join in late, so no. Keeping an S rank from room to room, and then eventually with the boss as well doesn't affect anything except Mission reward.

You could call me a liar for all I care. I give two shits what you think. The OP asked a question, so I gave him my persoal experience.

The best rares that I got were from S ranking A missions, period.

Why are Newman forces booting players out if someone dies during Omnagoug A runs?

They want that Me/Quick, that's why.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 24, 2006, 08:51 PM
You're getting kicked because if you don't die it's a reasonably nice chunk of Meseta, in addition to what you already got.

That, or they are paranoid. I've seen no proof; NO proof to validate the whole "Keep S Rank for good drops" debate. I've seen tons of people invalidate it through personal experience. Try proving it before people will believe your hearsay and conjecture.

As for me? Well, if you want me to put videos of my endeavors with S ranks and then C ranks on youtube, then pay for the video camera. I'll prove the rank doesn't affect jack squat outside of class points and meseta.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-24 17:53 ]</font>

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 24, 2006, 08:52 PM
Well of course your best rares are going to be from A ranking missions...

Garnet_Moon
Nov 24, 2006, 08:55 PM
Yes, X, but getting an S Rank won't affect the drops.

EDIT: I change my stance on proving it myself. You can prove it YOURSELF. Try some random searches on this forum for drops, and see all the emo people getting S rank and getting trash, and then people getting less than S and getting good drops.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-24 17:57 ]</font>

hucast21
Nov 24, 2006, 09:00 PM
On 2006-11-24 17:51, Garnet_Moon wrote:
You're getting kicked because if you don't die it's a reasonably nice chunk of Meseta, in addition to what you already got.

That, or they are paranoid. I've seen no proof; NO proof to validate the whole "Keep S Rank for good drops" debate. I've seen tons of people invalidate it through personal experience. Try proving it before people will believe your hearsay and conjecture.

As for me? Well, if you want me to put videos of my endeavors with S ranks and then C ranks on youtube, then pay for the video camera. I'll prove the rank doesn't affect jack squat outside of class points and meseta.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-24 17:53 ]</font>

Why are you assuming like a dumbass that it was me that's getting kicked? ROFL.

I wasn't talking about me, just looking at party comments on Nuedaiz:

"Doing Omnagoug A runs. Die=boot. I want Me/Quick"

Again, this is my opinion that S Rank affects boss loot.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 24, 2006, 09:02 PM
"Assuming like a dumbass"...? Wow. I don't know how to reply to that one...

So, you're going to listen to a 13 year old Newman Force; who has loot set to Finders Keepers; with their GH410 out; about the drop conditions for items when he probably heard it as a joke from somebody, but since he has little to no social life he believes it like it's biblical? Right.

You do that. Silly robot.

THERE IS NO SOLID PROOF THAT ALLOWS YOU TO SAY THAT S RANK IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET ITEMS.

UNTIL THERE IS PLEASE DO NOT SPREAD THESE RUMORS.

ALL YOU'RE DOING IS CREATING MORE ASSHOLES WHO LOVE FINDERS KEEPERS AND BOOT YOU IF YOU DIE.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-24 18:05 ]</font>

etlitch
Nov 24, 2006, 09:04 PM
Boss box drops are generated before the rank at fixed drop percentages for each item. It's thous impossible for the resulting rank to effect the items recived from the boss box.

hucast21
Nov 24, 2006, 09:06 PM
On 2006-11-24 17:55, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Yes, X, but getting an S Rank won't affect the drops.

EDIT: I change my stance on proving it myself. You can prove it YOURSELF. Try some random searches on this forum for drops, and see all the emo people getting S rank and getting trash, and then people getting less than S and getting good drops.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-24 17:57 ]</font>

I personally think getting S rank increases your chances of getting better rares, you disagree, fine.

I've only seen other players get the Rabol Hard armor board and Tero/Legs while S Ranking Dimma A.

Of course Randomizer doesn't like me lol.

hucast21
Nov 24, 2006, 09:11 PM
On 2006-11-24 18:02, Garnet_Moon wrote:

So, you're going to listen to a 13 year old Newman Force; who has loot set to Finders Keepers; with their GH410 out; about the drop conditions for items when he probably heard it as a joke from somebody, but since he has little to no social life he believes it like it's biblical? Right.

THERE IS NO SOLID PROOF THAT ALLOWS YOU TO SAY THAT S RANK IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET ITEMS.

ALL YOU'RE DOING IS CREATING MORE ASSHOLES WHO LOVE FINDERS KEEPERS AND BOOT YOU IF YOU DIE.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-24 18:05 ]</font>

I wouldn't have the responded the way I did if you didn't call me a liar.

Don't expect to call someone a liar and not get a response.

I don't give a fuck who you are. You're calling someone a liar for their opinion, how fucking retarded is that?

Garnet_Moon
Nov 24, 2006, 09:15 PM
On 2006-11-24 18:11, hucast21 wrote:

I don't give a fuck who you are. You're calling someone a liar for their opinion, how fucking retarded is that?

First of all the question called for fact, not rumors or opinions. Your opinion should've never entered the equation. All it would do is cause more people to believe this nonsense.

Second, I don't care who you are either.

Third, I believe calling you a liar was justified because it's true.

Fourth, if the truth is retarded then I guess alot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-24 18:15 ]</font>

hucast21
Nov 24, 2006, 09:26 PM
On 2006-11-24 18:15, Garnet_Moon wrote:

On 2006-11-24 18:11, hucast21 wrote:

First of all the question called for fact, not rumors or opinions. Your opinion should've never entered the equation. All it would do is cause more people to believe this nonsense.

Second, I don't care who you are either.

Third, I believe calling you a liar was justified because it's true.

Fourth, if the truth is retarded then I guess alot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-24 18:15 ]</font>

This is a message board, I have every right to post my opinion on a topic. So you could take your elitist attitude and shove it up your ass.

When a PSU developer states S Ranking missions doesn't effect boss drops, then this argument is over.

Until then I could speculate all I want.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 24, 2006, 09:27 PM
It's a useless cause I guess.

OP, it does not affect it and don't believe otherwise. Certainly don't end up like the guys getting emo and aggressive about S-Rank only.

Eternal_Drake
Nov 24, 2006, 09:29 PM
Garnet owning faggots itt.

Only hard proof can solve this arguement, and your personal experiences arent hard proof so there is nothing anyone can contribute to this thread except saying it is Unknown.

Wallin
Nov 24, 2006, 09:30 PM
On 2006-11-24 18:26, hucast21 wrote:
This is a message board, I have every right to post my opinion on a topic. So you could take your elitist attitude and shove it up your ass.

When a PSU developer states S Ranking missions doesn't effect boss drops, then this argument is over.

Until then I could speculate all I want.

Opinion: I speculate that you get the best loot on C rank because it shows you worked the hardest and died the most to obtain it... umm, yeah... that was helpful...

If you're going to post an opinion then you should clearly say it's an opinion because it just confuses people.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2006-11-24 18:30 ]</font>

lordzanon
Nov 24, 2006, 10:48 PM
was running a few new people in relics today, 3 of em were lvl 5 and died a few times,... and walla on block 3 a relic edge dropped.

we ended up with 11 deaths. No more needs to be said here now.

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 24, 2006, 10:55 PM
Yeah, its all random. Ive got rares with 10+ deaths and 0 not even a moonx board on S rank A de ragan.

Kaply
Nov 24, 2006, 10:56 PM
On 2006-11-24 19:48, lordzanon wrote:
was running a few new people in relics today, 3 of em were lvl 5 and died a few times,... and walla on block 3 a relic edge dropped.

we ended up with 11 deaths. No more needs to be said here now.

Except boss loot implies the set of boxes that spawn after you complete the mission. Relic edge dropping on block 3 means you didn't complete the mission yet. So case is not closed. Unless someone can dig into the files and pull out how it's hard coded. It's all conjecture. I don't see any way any one can prove it either way given that any data set can be said to be on a lucky or unlucky streak.

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 24, 2006, 10:56 PM
I agree with garnet, Resulting Rank has nothing with what actually drops. I've seen a Me/Quick drop and we got a C rank.

Auronp
Nov 24, 2006, 10:58 PM
To each his own. Though many people seem to believe it doesn't...i am one of them. ITS RANDOM! All of it is. You could have lvl 3 luck for a week straight and get S ranks all day and never see a relics edge or tail, but then a guy with no luck brags about getting it. So what do you do? Buy one from player shops or do some more missions.

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 24, 2006, 10:59 PM
im not one to go searching for items myself. I prefer Save up and buy all my items from shops much easier since i have VERY BAD LUCK with drops.

Arislan
Nov 25, 2006, 12:04 AM
HUcast and Garnet, verbal warning for you both for flaming, that was completely uncalled for. Only reason you're not getting official warnings is that I've seen nothing like this from either of you before. Thread locked, but not deleted, since between the flames, there are a few grains of information.