PDA

View Full Version : Why do people...

-Crokar-
Nov 24, 2006, 09:43 PM
because people are assholes like that

Randomness
Nov 24, 2006, 09:43 PM
Why do people threaten to boot people if they die? It seems horribly vindictive to me, they dont get the S rank back, all they do is deny the guy his reward. And most deaths, in my experience, are flukes. So why do people threaten that?

peenk
Nov 24, 2006, 09:44 PM
On 2006-11-24 18:43, -Crokar- wrote:

agreed

Kanore
Nov 24, 2006, 09:45 PM
So that they don't die maybe?

Why is training in the Marines so hard? They should be more easy on them so that when they get on the field they can give the guy with an AK-47 pointed at their head a big hug right? :3

Wallin
Nov 24, 2006, 09:45 PM
Because the extra 350 meseta and mission points are worth more than the time the player would speed the run up so that they could have already started another run.
... don't ask me why people think that way.

Randomness
Nov 24, 2006, 09:50 PM
On 2006-11-24 18:45, Wallin wrote:
Because the extra 350 meseta and mission points are worth more than the time the player would speed the run up so that they could have already started another run.
... don't ask me why people think that way.

except there isnt any extra for booting him... the death still counts...

On 2006-11-24 18:45, Kanore wrote:

Why is training in the Marines so hard? They should be more easy on them so that when they get on the field they can give the guy with an AK-47 pointed at their head a big hug right? :3

How is that applicable? This isnt training, a lot of the time it isnt even a lack of skill.

Is it the marines' fault when a soldier gets blown up by a bomb because they didnt train him enough?

AkiraXxx
Nov 24, 2006, 09:54 PM
Scape dolls are really cheap in player shops, you should always carry a couple. Hell if you buy the board you probably have enough ingredients by now to make a couple of your own.

Not everyone is a level 10 hunter or has money, and when they are there to get a S rank, they want a S rank, someone dieing other then them is going to get them pissed off lol.

Wallin
Nov 24, 2006, 09:57 PM
On 2006-11-24 18:50, Randomness wrote:

Because the group will likely do more than one run, and they don't need dead weight (no offense, I'm talking from their perspective) when they can get someone else to join their game on the same or next run who won't die.

Rekitheforce
Nov 24, 2006, 10:01 PM

I'll 3rd that.

Randomness
Nov 24, 2006, 10:08 PM
On 2006-11-24 18:57, Wallin wrote:

On 2006-11-24 18:50, Randomness wrote:

Because the group will likely do more than one run, and they don't need dead weight (no offense, I'm talking from their perspective) when they can get someone else to join their game on the same or next run who won't die.

The most skilled player in the world will still get owned now and then.

Wallin
Nov 24, 2006, 10:11 PM
It doesn't matter. If the most skilled player in the world gets owned, they'll still get booted by the host.

It has absolutely nothing to do with who is playing, it's just the fact that they died and now the rank is ruined. No matter how it happened, because you actually did die, in the host's eyes it means you are more likely than anyone else to do it again. Since they also don't know your history, they might think this is a common occurrence for you, that you are normally a reckless player, or that you did it on purpose. In the end, it just doesn't matter. You died, you get booted, don't take it personally, just move on to a new group. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Dhylec
Nov 24, 2006, 10:16 PM
If you get booted for KO'ed, it means the leader is too uptight to enjoy the game.

I have open games where people played & died more than a couple of times. Booting never even crossed my mind. I feel the fun of playing isn't decided by just rank alone. Sure, there is some loss in reward & rank, but that nothing you can't get back. Compare that to your name being used in a fan forum & other avoid you like a disease. ;D

Also, remember to carry a Scape Doll next time. That can help more than a few layers of pants. ;]

NightStorm
Nov 24, 2006, 10:18 PM
I remember the old days of PSO when there were no ranks for missions, people actually Moon Atomized or reversered someone when they died. The person who was revived said thanks, you said no prob, and moved on. People were more friendly in general to each other. Now people have become obsessed with getting S rank everytime. Not sure what happened to just having fun and being courteous. Hell anyone here remember Dark Falz and Olga Flow. I remember people dying... alot. Too bad we can't all just play nice and stop booting people for selfish reasons.

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 24, 2006, 10:20 PM
Scape Dolls are the answer :/

Wallin
Nov 24, 2006, 10:20 PM
I don't know if it's just me, but I've noticed in almost every game that if someone does die, reviving them is the last thing on the party's mind and they'll just keep killing and won't say anything. It's a pretty sad change from PSO.

JAR
Nov 24, 2006, 10:30 PM
On 2006-11-24 19:20, Wallin wrote:
I don't know if it's just me, but I've noticed in almost every game that if someone does die, reviving them is the last thing on the party's mind and they'll just keep killing and won't say anything. It's a pretty sad change from PSO.

I'll always carry moons with me to revive a fallen comrade, but sometimes people are reckless and then I just let them rot.

Eliash
Nov 24, 2006, 10:39 PM
My solution to people who are boot-happy is simple, I create my own games. Out of the very few times that people die in my games, only once did a problem ensue. I think that it is kinda sad when the dead person asks to be booted...and when you don't they are shocked. Maybe I'm too soft on people, but I try to do what I would consider just should I had not been the leader and was the one that was dead.

Saligun
Nov 24, 2006, 10:46 PM
If someone is so DAM worried about someone diying and ruining there chance at S rank then that person should just play alone!!!Problem solved.

Auronp
Nov 24, 2006, 10:49 PM
I can understand why people boot others that die. Someone else said it on here, that they dont know if they can be trusted regardless of their level. It's not being selfish either, cause if you leave them there and they keep dying then you get paid nothing for all the hard work you put it. Is that fair? That takes away from the fun you would have. Also imo when ppl die i leave them there until the mob is cleared becuase they obviously had a problem with them so bringing them back right away is a risk.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Auronp on 2006-11-24 19:50 ]</font>

Jedah
Nov 24, 2006, 10:52 PM
Too many options for the wrong people. Of course you do still have a few beasts out there that like to go on Suicide missions...

EphekZ
Nov 24, 2006, 10:57 PM
They wont ge mad unless: 1) they need to s-rank to get their class exp points. I didnt even risk playing with other people(well I dont even play with random people anyways). 2) THEY ARE FUCKING POOR. In this game obtaining s-ranks are the best way to get meseta. so yeah. It's about the grind that makes people mad when you die.

edit: also randomness, the player who died gets punished, and the player's punishment is no reward. as he ruined it for everyone else.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkgunner on 2006-11-24 19:58 ]</font>

Randomness
Nov 24, 2006, 10:59 PM
Scape Dolls are rares.

AlMcFly
Nov 24, 2006, 11:00 PM
You asked why they "threaten" to kick, not why they kick after death. People threaten before the mission starts to put an extra importance on them being careful. If they weren't afraid of dying, idiots would run in the center of a mob pack and expect not to get double-teamed. It's annoying when people aren't concerned with dying. It's like they don't even watch their life gauge :/...

Randomness
Nov 24, 2006, 11:01 PM
On 2006-11-24 19:57, darkgunner wrote:
They wont ge mad unless: 1) they need to s-rank to get their class exp points. I didnt even risk playing with other people(well I dont even play with random people anyways). 2) THEY ARE FUCKING POOR. In this game obtaining s-ranks are the best way to get meseta. so yeah. It's about the grind that makes people mad when you die.

edit: also randomness, the player who died gets punished, and the player's punishment is no reward. as he ruined it for everyone else.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkgunner on 2006-11-24 19:58 ]</font>

Right. Would you punish someone for tripping? For having a heart attack?

Nietzsche
Nov 24, 2006, 11:04 PM
quoted for truth
never ever ever seen anyone get booted from dying with a scapedoll, and yes we all know even the best players get owned sometimes, that's why scapedolls exist, also this....

actually i've been meaning to get perspective on this...the other night i went into a DeRagan A group and durring the boss fight one of the hunters gets killed, after my nanoblast wore off i go ahead and revive the guy. he makes it about 20 seconds and gets killed again,this time i save my moons and finish off DeRagan, was i wrong? could i have handled that better? just been wondering.

also just noticed this...

Scape Dolls are rares

They can be bought in player shops for 800-1000m
it might not seem worth it in c rank stuff but come on 800-1000m to not loose points and money for yourself and 5 other people, i don't think its that bad a trade off no more often then you should really actually need one. I would never do a mission without a scape, and this includes when i was a newbie because to me having a little insurance tucked back is teamwork related.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nietzsche on 2006-11-24 20:11 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nietzsche on 2006-11-24 20:11 ]</font>

AlMcFly
Nov 24, 2006, 11:10 PM
On 2006-11-24 20:01, Randomness wrote:

Yeah, I would punish someone for tripping if it cost me something I was working towards. Death is preventable. It's called learning how to play the game. Their are tactics you should follow. If your tactics are getting you killed, then it's time to reevaluate them. I rarely ever die, because I know how to prevent it. Making it ok for someone to die just gives them the impression that they don't have to get better. This goes into the same ideals of "too hard on my kids, or too soft". Just like parents overly babying their kids. It gives them an excuse to not be tough and experienced about how hard the world is. They don't like getting kicked, tough, learn how to not die and it'll be fine...

Nietzsche, you were not wrong to do that. He deserves it for dying twice in the same battle.

Midicronica
Nov 24, 2006, 11:11 PM
Meh, I don't trip when someone dies. I'll admit that I do get a little disappointed, but I don't hold it against that person for dying. Scape Dolls definitely solve the problem of losing your rank it's a relief to see other people carrying them.

Rekitheforce
Nov 24, 2006, 11:15 PM
It all depends on your seriousness of the mission. If you're a hardcore have-to-get-S-rank-all-the-time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif kinda person, then good for you. If not, then that's great too. Eveyone's playing style won't be the same, so deal with it.

Ryogen
Nov 24, 2006, 11:15 PM
I don't like when people don't rez others....

Nietzsche
Nov 24, 2006, 11:26 PM
I don't like when people don't rez others....

not too sure if you were refering to my situation or not? This is the only time i ever left anyone dead, it was just the fact it was twice on the same boss within 40 seconds that got my goat.

I dunno to me there is a fine line between being a total elitist and just having reasonable expectations.
Expecting people to never die is unreasonable
Expecting a new player to not make mistakes is unreasonable.

However to me when doing B-A rank stuff i just don't think its unreasonable to hope people have scapes as insurance.

EphekZ
Nov 24, 2006, 11:28 PM
On 2006-11-24 20:10, McFlyVII wrote:

On 2006-11-24 20:01, Randomness wrote:

Yeah, I would punish someone for tripping if it cost me something I was working towards. Death is preventable. It's called learning how to play the game. Their are tactics you should follow. If your tactics are getting you killed, then it's time to reevaluate them. I rarely ever die, because I know how to prevent it. Making it ok for someone to die just gives them the impression that they don't have to get better. This goes into the same ideals of "too hard on my kids, or too soft". Just like parents overly babying their kids. It gives them an excuse to not be tough and experienced about how hard the world is. They don't like getting kicked, tough, learn how to not die and it'll be fine...

Nietzsche, you were not wrong to do that. He deserves it for dying twice in the same battle.

QFT

industrial
Nov 24, 2006, 11:34 PM
For the grind and normal progression of missions past lvl 20ish in which people in the party are trying to get mission points:

People that die without scapes straight up suck or they are in over their head or they are extemely self centered. I have a massive surplus of scapes on all my characters and I've never bought any. I've fed quite a few to my PMs and I still have at least 15 on each of my toons. I always carry 5+ in the field because I have died to flukes/flashes of stupidity before and I would feel like crap I ruined the rank for my team.

To be honest, I'm hesistant to revive players that die because they are most likely the weakest link and would just die again. A smart player won't need to be revived because they had scapes. I will revive them after combat if I'm in a good mood.

None of this applys to rare farming in A missions though. I'm sure when we get S missions, even good players will die often but at that point your farming still. Mission point grind for most people will be done at lower ranks probably.

AzureBlaze
Nov 24, 2006, 11:49 PM
I don't like to be threatened.
If anyone ever says anything like that upon join, I'm gone. I don't care how good they are, I don't care that I've only died maybe 3x (with scape every time) since this game STARTED, threatening people is not the way to get help.

There's a box when you create the team called "Comment" you can write in there your specs for joining the team. If someone -doesn't- read it, then it's on them. But it's also on the people to ask IF someone read the rules before they jumped in.

It's not rude to specify ahead, it's not rude to ask if they read.

To keep things civil/whatever responsibility falls on everyone, not just joiners but makers to lay down the ground rules for what they're going for. Having scapes is part of the responsibility...but if you're just starting, they're hella rare. I mean those linear line missions where most start out only give 200 meseta per run, it is NOT tempting to spend 4 runs worth of money to get one doll...to lose it on a laggy mob you didn't know was lagging.

I feel the situation will improve as more dolls start showing up on the marketplace bringing the price down, and as people lvl higher, they'll not die as much, and also have more money to toss around for stuff like that. Familiarity with reading for the comment will also help.

Aaron777
Nov 25, 2006, 12:02 AM
I haven't died yet although I'm not trying to taut this or anything don't get me wrong. I have come ridiculously close numerous times and most of the time it was due to some unforseen error that I couldn't control. I realize that people have goals in mind but people could defintely be nicer about it rather than just boom! your gone. Whenever someone dies in my group (the few times it's happened) I just say NP and keep on playing. In the scheme of things most of us are getting S or A ranks most of the time and it's unreasonable to expect perfection from people. (But people should try to carry scapedolls if they're doing A rank missions).

The environment is just so much more hostile than it was PSO (sorry to refer) and I wish people could just focus on the group aspect a bit more and perhaps help players out if they die rather than just boot. Anywho...

Xbob
Nov 25, 2006, 12:22 AM
I've never ever booted someone for dying, and I've never had anyone die on purpose. I don't take the game that seriously, hell, they could completely ruin the mission, no biggie. Hell, the hardest mission is what, 50 minutes maybe? Wow. What an unimaginable time sink... It's so much harder than say...RDM AF3...

Pentence
Nov 25, 2006, 12:22 AM
On 2006-11-24 19:52, Jedah wrote:
Too many options for the wrong people. Of course you do still have a few beasts out there that like to go on Suicide missions...

Only the foolish ones and as a beast i consider that the purest form of natural selection.

Anywho way i see it always carry a doll around,mny of us can make them and all of us have had them droped for us.So just grab a few when ya head out.Howevr just becouse a guy dies once before ya boot at least consider how and why he died.If he was in a bad way and no one could save him includeing himself then dont boot yet.If however he did a ,as Jedah said,"suicide run" then that might be grounds to boot.

Point is realy just dont be a dick to becouse ya lost a bit of meseta once.This is simply good and inteligent practice.If you boot a person who dies via fluk and they happend to be owning usualy you have lost a decent player.It is in the leaders best intrest to take into acount these things rather than just flat out booting for a death.

KiteWolfwood
Nov 25, 2006, 12:25 AM
Because that is what the room creator has set up as the rules. If you do not like his set of rules then join another game or create your own. Enough said.

MayLee
Nov 25, 2006, 12:27 AM
People have their heads up their butts and try to be perfectionists.

:rolls eyes:

Aegias
Nov 25, 2006, 12:43 AM
I'd run die=boot games, no one ever died because they were probably actually trying. Tbh most of the cool people ive met joined those games, probably because they knew they were capable of putting for the effort of playing like they have a brain. Its understandable now that megid is in game, and some mobs lol2shot you within two seconds when your stunned, but pre patch dying was near unacceptable. Don't complain if you can't handle playing the game with sense, do not join the die=boot game, too hard?

If you don't understand, most folks when joining a game that says die=boot will try HARDER to dodge and not put themselves in stupid situations like jumping in the midle of 4 mobs and a king mob and trying to spam the twin dagger PA. Its not the rank thats that much of a deal its the fact the person in the party wont even try to not screw everyone else in the party by playing smart.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aegias on 2006-11-24 21:46 ]</font>

GeoHolyhart
Nov 25, 2006, 12:51 AM
I don't care if people die, but I'm disappointed. I wouldn't expect a level 1-20 to carry tons of scapes, but after that you should.

I'll just go ahead and ask. This is all happening on Uni 1-3 right? Because I'm always on 15, where everyone is friendly I don't see this stuff happening.

Eternal_Drake
Nov 25, 2006, 12:54 AM
I boot people if they die more than once [unless they have scapes].

AlMcFly
Nov 25, 2006, 01:04 AM
Bottom line, if you are above lvl 15 and you don't have a single scape, I will be unsympathetic. Yes they are rare but go shopping sometimes. I see scapes being sold for ridiculously low prices. There is no excuse for not having a scape on you.

Eternal_Drake
Nov 25, 2006, 01:06 AM
On 2006-11-24 22:04, McFlyVII wrote:
There is no excuse for not having a scape on you.

dotdotdotdot
Nov 25, 2006, 01:10 AM
i don't think there is really a clear-cut answer to what is right in every situation. i've had experiences where people i was grouping with or friends died, and it didnt really bother me, ressed them and enjoyed the rest of the mission. i've also run games where a low player joins, runs into a mob, dies, and leaves the party without saying anything.

i think it is safe to say though, that if you're in b or a level missions, you probally should carry a scape for the sake of the rest of the team. they don't drop like monomates, but it isn't exactly hard to get your hands on them either.

Nietzsche
Nov 25, 2006, 01:22 AM
i guess most people probably prefer to see something more like S-rank only, as it implies people should be prepared, at least that's what i usually put when i'm grinding missions away

Valius
Nov 25, 2006, 01:27 AM
I don't boot for dying, but I will boot someone if they're being stupid about it,
I.E. : Running off alone all the time.
I also don't usually carry scape dolls, but if I'm in a party where people don't want to lose rank I go ahead and grab them.

It's all about communication if you boot someone and never told them "We're going for S-Rank." that's wrong. But on the other side if you join a party that's obviously playing for rank and you die, don't get upset if they kick you out.

The lesson here is: "Don't assume everyone plays the way you do." it's up to both sides to make the system work.

Shinnaki
Nov 25, 2006, 08:13 AM
On 2006-11-24 19:18, NightStorm wrote:
I remember the old days of PSO when there were no ranks for missions, people actually Moon Atomized or reversered someone when they died. The person who was revived said thanks, you said no prob, and moved on. People were more friendly in general to each other. Now people have become obsessed with getting S rank everytime. Not sure what happened to just having fun and being courteous. Hell anyone here remember Dark Falz and Olga Flow. I remember people dying... alot. Too bad we can't all just play nice and stop booting people for selfish reasons.

This is absolutely true, and has been quoted as such. Yarrr.

I'm glad I play with Geo and the others. They don't mind that I get exploded all the time. :S

I still feel bad for flubbing up, though...

Arieta
Nov 25, 2006, 10:37 AM
Well here's my "Why do people....?" thing.

Ok I want to get to baffon base (yes I spelled that right =Þ) so I need to do mad creatures to get there. My characters are level 50 so I could just do C and get there in no time, but I like to see if another group is almost done so I can join it for a free hitch. I won't even touch their mobs unless we're all like 20+ just running through the place.

What really pisses me off though is when I join a group that's on block 3, like 30 seconds away from ending the mission and they just boot you out of the group because you're high level. Are they just jealous that I'm higher level then them? Mad that I want to join the group to save time? It's even more annoying when it's a group of 20-30's in Mad creatures C and they boot me out. Is your 13 exp that precious to you? That 150m and 2 mission points to uber pass up?

I don't know why, but it just inflames me when I get booted for that. Even if I tell that I won't steal their exp, poof I'm back in town. I made a few mad creatures C groups today just waiting for low levels to join to kick them all out 2 seconds after they joined in revenge because it got to me that much.

cobfab
Nov 25, 2006, 11:17 AM
PSU community sucks. Full of selfish SOBs. People getting way too serious over getting S Rank. Listen, it is not the end of the world, you have many many many times to do it over and over and over again. I know people will say, "I'm not going to waste 20ish minutes just to have someone die and ruins S Rank." Class lv only goes up to 10 for now, it's doesn't take long to get it to 10. Stop being so serious over such a stupid thing like S Rank runs.

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 25, 2006, 11:24 AM
On 2006-11-25 07:37, Arieta wrote:

Ok I want to get to baffon base (yes I spelled that right =Þ) so I need to do mad creatures to get there. My characters are level 50 so I could just do C and get there in no time, but I like to see if another group is almost done so I can join it for a free hitch. I won't even touch their mobs unless we're all like 20+ just running through the place.

What really pisses me off though is when I join a group that's on block 3, like 30 seconds away from ending the mission and they just boot you out of the group because you're high level. Are they just jealous that I'm higher level then them? Mad that I want to join the group to save time? It's even more annoying when it's a group of 20-30's in Mad creatures C and they boot me out. Is your 13 exp that precious to you? That 150m and 2 mission points to uber pass up?

I don't know why, but it just inflames me when I get booted for that. Even if I tell that I won't steal their exp, poof I'm back in town. I made a few mad creatures C groups today just waiting for low levels to join to kick them all out 2 seconds after they joined in revenge because it got to me that much.

Same thing with me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I try to join a game that's almost done and then they boot me for my level.

I even tried to join a game and say that I was going to do nothing but resta them so that no one dies? Yet before I'm able to type anything, they would curse at me then leave the party. ;/

I actually thought about doing what you did with booting the low levels too... But I decided not to ><;

It hurts right here... My heart ; ;

happy_cricket
Nov 25, 2006, 11:27 AM
On 2006-11-24 20:04, Nietzsche wrote:

quoted for truth
never ever ever seen anyone get booted from dying with a scapedoll

I've seen it several times.

Kanore
Nov 25, 2006, 11:30 AM
On 2006-11-25 08:17, cobfab wrote:
PSU community sucks. Full of selfish SOBs. People getting way too serious over getting S Rank.

ALRIGHT, GROUPS 1 3 5 AND 7 ON THE LEFT SIDE AND 2 4 6 8 ON THE RIGHT. LETS MOVE, LETS MOVE LETS GO NOW.
WTF WHY DO WE HAVE SOMEONE FROM GROUP 4 ON THIS SIDE
WHY ARE YOU RUNNING AROUND THE TAIL... OMFG GJ
WIPE. WIPE. WIPE. 50 DKP MINUS.

Wheatpenny
Nov 25, 2006, 11:48 AM

I agree.ZOMG YOU DIED GTFO!!!

JC10001
Nov 25, 2006, 12:00 PM
If I'm playing with you on an A rank mission (especially on Moatoob) and you die without having a scape doll I will boot you and I won't feel the least bit bad about doing it. Its as simple as that.

Nothing is worse than making it to the third block of a Moatoob A rank mission without any problems whatsoever and then having someone join in and get killed within minutes because they did something stupid. After having it happen twice I started typing in the comment 'die without a scape = boot' whenever I start one of those missions.

People need to come prepared with scape dolls. Period.

I hate being a jerk about it but IMO the people who join missions and die, thereby ruining the mission for everyone else who have already invested their time/effort into it are much, much, much bigger jerks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JC10001 on 2006-11-25 09:05 ]</font>

Eroica
Nov 25, 2006, 12:00 PM
Its always your fault for dying. The only time I ever die (and I'm a Force with 2 star armor) is when I stand in the middle of a rave of enemies and try and shake hands with them all on A rank missions. Even bosses like OMG it is your fault for dying. There are ways to avoid it. Figuring out how to not die is your responsibility, not the Force's, not your scape doll's.

I will say that I have been insta KO'd a couple of times and taken half life criticals from a Valhra, but that could have been avoided if I MOVED from the games laughably easy to avoid attacks. When you play the game you should assume that you can be hit for half life or more damage and avoid accordingly. It should be no surpise when you die from Da Ragan's fire breath or Valhra's because you asked 4 of them out on a date.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eroica on 2006-11-25 09:00 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eroica on 2006-11-25 09:02 ]</font>

hucast21
Nov 25, 2006, 12:05 PM
On 2006-11-25 07:37, Arieta wrote:

Some people are jealous of your level. I've been booted a couple times when I joined a party full of 40+ players on Dimma A (highest level was 47 during those boots).

I shrug it off personally and I create my own game.

RyuKisargi
Nov 25, 2006, 12:09 PM
I personally don't do that. If you die then oh well, shit happens.

What I do is kick people that don't read my comments. Usually I party with 2-3 people when I make a run, most of the time they're friends, and we agree on a level limit.

If I, or any leader on thier comment says, "Don't join if you're under level XX", then don't join if you're under level XX! I usually blacklist the guy 'cause he doesn't read the comment, doesn't care, or doesn't pipe up when he comes in, "Hey, don't worry about me, I have scape dolls. ^_^"

cobfab
Nov 25, 2006, 12:20 PM
People that joins games that says "die=boot" are idiots then. The creator of the game is selfish, doesn't care for team members(don't give a rat's ass as long they take care of themselves and don't die), most likely unfriendly, and above all, an asshole. What good can come from playing with someone like this? One hell of a boring game.

SanrioHorror
Nov 25, 2006, 02:33 PM
I think the answer is just creating your own missions. I tend to create missions, set rares to random and put in a note about it just being for friendly play and levelling.

A bit over a week ago I had a game with a low level force and did De Ragon for the first time. We must have died about eight times each and burned through loads of meseta and moons, but we had a fantastic time.

If you're only in it for the S-Rank, maybe putting a note in the comments would be a good idea to help keep more casual players out.

Shinnaki
Nov 25, 2006, 02:33 PM
Now I'm scared of not having Scape Dolls... -_-

*Was keeping them in storage until now, but always forgot to bring them on the missions they'd be handy...*

Ryoki
Nov 25, 2006, 03:20 PM
I think it is funny how some people try so hard on the newer missions to not die, and get an A rank because they missed a few enemies.

I can't tell you how many onmagoug runs I had to go back to the teleporters to grab that second key while my other teammates are like "WTF, we already went there!"

________
Mercedes-benz c112 specifications (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_C112)

Mayuga
Nov 25, 2006, 03:47 PM

word.

SonicTMP
Nov 25, 2006, 04:00 PM
reality check. It may be a game but you still face the consequences when you fail. Just like real life. If your in school, doing a group project and one guy fails to do his part the entire group gets a lower grade.

If you don't like leaders kicking people for dying, you can either find a new game or make your own. Usually you see leaders kicking the lower levels that don't listen or come in and get flattened for stupid reasons. Most will accept a fluke death with just a minor complaint. But when someone comes in and does really stupid things then ya, they get booted.

Natrokos
Nov 25, 2006, 04:18 PM
On 2006-11-24 18:45, Kanore wrote:

That is the dumbest analogy I have ever heard. That's like comparing a 2nd grade scuffle with getting your face smashed with a hammer.

People expect perfection. I have had two occasions where the leader is the one who died and neither time did they have scape dolls.

I don't do that, accidents happen....But you should carry scapes and if you die multiple times over stupid stuff I will not hesitate to kick you out.

Pik
Nov 25, 2006, 06:01 PM
I was kicked just before the end of a mission once because the leader decided they didn't like the hat I was wearing...

Xeraphim
Nov 25, 2006, 06:06 PM
On 2006-11-25 08:30, Kanore wrote:

On 2006-11-25 08:17, cobfab wrote:
PSU community sucks. Full of selfish SOBs. People getting way too serious over getting S Rank.

ALRIGHT, GROUPS 1 3 5 AND 7 ON THE LEFT SIDE AND 2 4 6 8 ON THE RIGHT. LETS MOVE, LETS MOVE LETS GO NOW.
WTF WHY DO WE HAVE SOMEONE FROM GROUP 4 ON THIS SIDE
WHY ARE YOU RUNNING AROUND THE TAIL... OMFG GJ
WIPE. WIPE. WIPE. 50 DKP MINUS.

We're going to DPS very slowly, and when I say slow, I mean FREAKING SLOW. If you die, you did it too fast and you get a 50 DKP minus.

lawl. WoW is serious business.

Anyway, I don't mind losing an S Rank as long as it isn't over a silly mistake. For instance, I once had someone linger at yellow health for a long time. Eventually, I just asked why they aren't healing themselves. I receive this response.

"lol no mates." Afterwards, they are hit by a critical strike and die. And what else do I get?

"lol"

That will cause me to crawl down your throat, into your stomach, so I can build a house for my dogs to play in. Indeed.