PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone explain to me the logic behind....

Nietzsche
Nov 24, 2006, 11:19 PM
...setting both your item distributions to Give Finder and then posting a comment threatening to kick players for "looting" or "item hoarding"? This really doesn't jive with me as to me Give Finder just doesn't promote sharing, and is inheritly unfair to forces and rangers. My theory is they are bitter about not getting rares period.

Edit:i should probably clarify that the reason i find give finder unfair to forces/rangers is that hunters are right ontop of the mob when it dies 9 times out of 10 therefore right by the drop, whereas forces/rangers and farther back

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nietzsche on 2006-11-24 20:20 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nietzsche on 2006-11-24 20:33 ]</font>

Banert
Nov 24, 2006, 11:24 PM
It is unfair to rangers and forces if the person who grabs ask if anyone needs it. Why hoard a wand if your a hunter with not plans on going force when theres a force that could use it?

p.s. creme de la creme: Give finder loot with the tag line "all meseta drops are mine, anyone who takes them will get kicked" 100% true

Jedah
Nov 24, 2006, 11:27 PM
Wow, that's right up there with people talking about 'stealing keys'...

If anything that'll just get people to loot in that game. Not a bad idea actually... I should make a game like that right now just to practice those booting skillz. :/

Nietzsche
Nov 24, 2006, 11:29 PM
i've never gone into a Give Finder mission unless was in a hurry and didn't notice it. I dunno i don't like it because i don't want to feel like i'm grabbing all the items at least on random/set order i'm just helping play pickup and its out of my hands

Rekitheforce
Nov 24, 2006, 11:30 PM
On 2006-11-24 20:19, Nietzsche wrote:
...setting both your item distributions to Give Finder and then posting a comment threatening to kick players for "looting" or "item hoarding"? This really doesn't jive with me as to me Give Finder just doesn't promote sharing, and is inheritly unfair to forces and rangers. My theory is they are bitter about not getting rares period.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nietzsche on 2006-11-24 20:20 ]</font>
The second statement completely contradicts the first one. Setting item disrtibutions to Give Finder and then threatening to boot them is complettely childish. It's a mere case of jealousy. It's like saying, "if I find it great, but if I don't, it's still mine".

Jedah
Nov 24, 2006, 11:33 PM
On 2006-11-24 20:29, Nietzsche wrote:
i've never gone into a Give Finder mission unless was in a hurry and didn't notice it. I dunno i don't like it because i don't want to feel like i'm grabbing all the items at least on random/set order i'm just helping play pickup and its out of my hands

Truth

But it seems all the Give Finder missions are the ones that aren't locked. Well there's a few other wise but, blue moon type stuff.

Midicronica
Nov 24, 2006, 11:35 PM
Just sounds like stupidity to me. If they don't want anyone hoarding items, then yes it's ideal to put it on 'set in order' or 'random' there really be no need to complain.

I don't play with random people who hoard items or take an item without asking. And when I forget to set a password to my party and someone joins who does the things listed above, I don't boot them while still in the game. I wait until after we do the mission. I forgot to do this once and a [B]Twin Crea Saber dropped and the person grabbed. I can't say that I was angry. XD I didn't boot him tho.. Then in the next game he took the Nanoresin..
But it's my fault for not locking the party or not setting to 'in order' or 'random.' -_-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Moses on 2006-11-24 20:35 ]</font>

Katrina
Nov 24, 2006, 11:39 PM
So the game is set at give finder, and includes a comment along the lines of "if you loot, you get the boot"...? He he, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I'd avoid that game like the plague. There is no logic behind that, other then maybe, "maybe", the leader is on farming mission and left the game open for hitchhikers to get to the next area (highly doubtful). Or he/she could just be greedy, idk. That doesn't make sence.

Invisus
Nov 24, 2006, 11:46 PM
I'm not sure exactly how that makes sense. You could start by asking the roughly 3.2 million people that made a post about this before you.

Eliash
Nov 25, 2006, 12:07 AM
I've seen a comment on a give finder mission (Sleeping Warriors B) that said something like: "If you loot you will be booted." I just stared at the screen for a few seconds and laughed... I generally try to put the loot in the "Normal: Set in order Rare: Random" setting for several reasons.

1. It prevents loot hoarding
2. Forces/Rangers are more likely to join
3. It is only fair for Forces/Rangers for the game to be set this way
4. It promotes better team work since people are not box hunting
5. I don't have to worry about picking up all the items
6. I always feel like I'm taking too many items (even when I'm the leader)
7. If I wanted the option of getting all the loot in a particular mission, I'd put it on Give Finder and play solo...

KojiroAK
Nov 25, 2006, 12:08 AM
On 2006-11-24 20:19, Nietzsche wrote:

Actually they want to be the hoarder.
They want the other player only to help them and let them all the stuff which is dropped.
They want them to be their slaves.

Sounds fair, doesn't it?

Eliash
Nov 25, 2006, 12:33 AM
I think the Irony tag isn't working right... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rekitheforce
Nov 25, 2006, 12:36 AM
Lol.

MayLee
Nov 25, 2006, 12:39 AM
I have yet to run across something likee this and hope I'll never have to.

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 25, 2006, 02:28 AM
Just happened to me theother day... I was doing A rank runs on moatoob and a lv 50 who Is basicly owning everything says Why isnt it on Set in order?Host says oops nextgame... next room hosts boots the level 50 because hewas supposedly looting... No rares even droped.... If you want Tons of items go solo or something -_-

GeoHolyhart
Nov 25, 2006, 02:34 AM
On 2006-11-24 21:39, MayLee wrote:
I have yet to run across something likee this and hope I'll never have to.

It must be happening on Uni 1-3, because it doesn't on Uni 15.

Agne
Nov 25, 2006, 02:34 AM
well i'm not the guy who did this but here's the logic (since you asked): if you remember old pso....hmmm been a while lol.. it was basically give finder on all games, but there was never this big of a complaint about loot ninja's. Some players, me included, love the feeling of killing an enemy seeing an item drop and picking it up... especially if it's a rare, you know old pso style. that style of play is only supported on give finder.. however this play style is near to impossible to play with ninja looters, as well as being unfair to forces and rangers. so the answer is since i am the leader i do what i want with my game and create it's style to my choosing, and sometimes that requires telling ppl right off the bat the repercussions of not playing the style of game i created. even ppl played zombies on halo. the end lol sorry went on a high rant for a while didn't realized i talked for so long

Garnet_Moon
Nov 25, 2006, 02:53 AM
When I took force to level 4 earlier today; /wristing the entire way because of how boring it was, I never had a problem with being too far from items. I evaded 90% of all attacks sent my way anyway, so I didn't feel like standing too far out. Plus, being point blank really helped my Diga to land on those evil swine in Agata Relics. They never stay still, but casting so close is an almost garaunteed hit. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Why, earlier today I was the one who grabbed the Relic Edge that dropped. Or maybe it was somebody else. We where all on top of it so fidning out who got it is impossible. It randomized to a Hunter though, so that was nice.

ProfessorZ
Nov 25, 2006, 04:01 AM
I only play in games that are set in order/set random so I don't ever have to worry about picking items up. In give finder games im lazy I just run and grab stuff and wait for people to kill stuff so I can grab some more. Give finder brings out the worst in me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ryogen
Nov 25, 2006, 04:12 AM
People do that all the time. Just don't join their game and move on.