PDA

View Full Version : In an attempt to get some more roleplaying going... (PC/PS2)

Miyoko
Nov 25, 2006, 12:46 AM
I'm going to start running open games on universe 17 (Parum for the next little bit) with the name "Roleplaying Paradise", and the comment "Roleplayers only, or face possibility of being kicked". I know it seems a little harsh, but if I want to do an open game for everybody, then I wouldn't make it geared towards roleplayers ;p

Anywho... I see talk about people wanting to roleplay pretty often here, but nothing ever being done about it. I figured I'd take a step towards that, and invite everybody interested to come join me in some monster-slaying, roleplaying fun. I'm in Mad Creatures right now, and will stick around Raffon Field base after. The character name's Miyoko, and she's a Lv10, li'l beast http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif (Every level is welcome, but higher levels, please be conservative about destroying everything onscreen http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif )

Also, if anyone's ever seeking some casual or quick RP , I advertise my Caseals shop as a "Miyoko's Maid and Ranger services". So search for it, and drop by, as I'm in character 90% of the time there ;p (And chances are, I'll more likely be in my shop and roleplaying in my shop than in a game with my little beasty)

Anywho... Yeah, I was tired of seeing talk about roleplay, and wanted to actually get some going. ;p Please drop by! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Miyoko on 2006-11-24 23:00 ]</font>

Eternal_Drake
Nov 25, 2006, 12:49 AM
As long as you remain in universe 17 and away from me with it I'm happy.

Miyoko
Nov 25, 2006, 12:54 AM
Wow, that was totaly unnecessary...

Eternal_Drake
Nov 25, 2006, 12:56 AM
On 2006-11-24 21:54, Miyoko wrote:
Wow, that was totaly unnecessary...

totally*

Miyoko
Nov 25, 2006, 01:00 AM
Level 38 RaCast / 10 Ranger [future Fortegunner]
Buying any 6* rifle [preferrably Kubara versions].
In the future I will also be buying 6* Dualies and Shottie [If you have those slick ass Kubara Dualies, I will buy, PM Me]. -buying any 6* above for 25-30k, paying more depending on weapon.
*preferably

Look, I can be an ass, too! >_>

You need more constructive things to do with your time. Grow up, or get out.

Eternal_Drake
Nov 25, 2006, 01:02 AM
On 2006-11-24 22:00, Miyoko wrote:

Level 38 RaCast / 10 Ranger [future Fortegunner]
Buying any 6* rifle [preferrably Kubara versions].
In the future I will also be buying 6* Dualies and Shottie [If you have those slick ass Kubara Dualies, I will buy, PM Me]. -buying any 6* above for 25-30k, paying more depending on weapon.
*preferably

Touche.

Dr_Lantis
Nov 25, 2006, 01:13 AM
Sounds fun

Kuai
Nov 25, 2006, 01:14 AM
roleplaying in a mmorpg is for furry fags

Eternal_Drake
Nov 25, 2006, 01:16 AM
Edit by Moderator: Watch the language, and stop trolling in this thread, you are obviously not interested in the topic.

Sychosis
Nov 25, 2006, 01:16 AM
I've never seen a role-playing topic meet with such hostility before...

Yoruichi
Nov 25, 2006, 01:18 AM
Its always a treat when non roleplayers go out of thier way get nothing accomplished. If you don't RP stick to post NOT talking about RP please.

GeoHolyhart
Nov 25, 2006, 01:19 AM
On 2006-11-24 22:14, Kuai wrote:
roleplaying in a mmorpg is for furry fags

Massive
Multiplayer
Role
Playing
Game

OMG! It's so crazy, mind blowing if you will! Someone get the press on the phone!

Katrina
Nov 25, 2006, 01:20 AM
Just ignore the trolls Miyo. (They feed on attention and pointless drama)

Sounds like fun, I'll keep an eye out for you on Uni 17 sometime

Genobee
Yiff?

AkiraXxx
On 2006-11-24 21:46, Miyoko wrote:
I'm going to start running open games on universe 17 (Parum for the next little bit) with the name "Roleplaying Paradise", and the comment "Roleplayers only, or face possibility of being kicked". I know it seems a little harsh, but if I want to do an open game for everybody, then I wouldn't make it geared towards roleplayers ;p

Anywho... I see talk about people wanting to roleplay pretty often here, but nothing ever being done about it. I figured I'd take a step towards that, and invite everybody interested to come join me in some monster-slaying, roleplaying fun. I'm in Mad Creatures right now, and will stick around Raffon Field base after. The character name's Miyoko, and she's a Lv10, li'l beast http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif (Every level is welcome, but higher levels, please be conservative about destroying everything onscreen http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif )

Also, if anyone's ever seeking some casual RP, I advertise my Caseals shop as a "Miyoko's Maid and Ranger services". So search for it, and drop by, as I'm in character 90% of the time there ;p

Anywho... Yeah, I was tired of seeing talk about roleplay, and wanted to actually get some going. ;p Please drop by! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

When I get my comp back, if you can stand to have an outlaw amongst your mist ill surely join in.

Eternal_Drake
On 2006-11-24 22:18, Yoruichi wrote:
Its always a treat when non roleplayers go out of thier way get nothing accomplished. If you don't RP stick to post NOT talking about RP please.

their*
to get nothing accomplished

The last sentence is just poor english, I won't bother with details.

Miyoko
Nov 25, 2006, 01:21 AM
Internet tough guys. Sigh.

It'd be nice if this forum had better ignore functions. Ah well

Yoruichi
Nov 25, 2006, 01:23 AM
On 2006-11-24 22:20, Eternal_Drake wrote:

On 2006-11-24 22:18, Yoruichi wrote:
Its always a treat when non roleplayers go out of their way to get nothing accomplished. If you don't RP stick to post NOT talking about RP please.

their*
to get nothing accomplished

The last sentence is just poor english, I won't bother with details.

Many thanks, still waking up, see not so hard to be productive hmmm?

AkiraXxx
Nov 25, 2006, 01:23 AM
On 2006-11-24 22:22, Eternal_Drake wrote:
Attention everyone, there will be a yiff party for all of you roleplayers, MEET AT GAWIK'S PUB ON UNIVERSE 17 LIEK OMG WE CAN PRETEND WE ARE PEOPLE AND WE CAN CYBAR AND YIFF AND SHOW OFF OUR LE3T COSPLAYS

Whats worst? Roleplaying, or being like you and getting dropped off at the movies in your mothers white mini van.

Eternal_Drake
Nov 25, 2006, 01:24 AM
On 2006-11-24 22:23, AkiraXxx wrote:

On 2006-11-24 22:22, Eternal_Drake wrote:
Attention everyone, there will be a yiff party for all of you roleplayers, MEET AT GAWIK'S PUB ON UNIVERSE 17 LIEK OMG WE CAN PRETEND WE ARE PEOPLE AND WE CAN CYBAR AND YIFF AND SHOW OFF OUR LE3T COSPLAYS

Whats worst? Roleplaying, or being like you and getting dropped off at the movies in your mothers white mini van.

Actually I go to the movies with my sister, because she works there so I get to watch free movies when Im with her.

Also I be all up on dat shit, son.

AkiraXxx
Nov 25, 2006, 01:26 AM
On 2006-11-24 22:24, Eternal_Drake wrote:

Actually I go to the movies with my sister, because she works there so I get to watch free movies when Im with her.

Well like your father always says, If you cant keep it your pants keep it in the family right?

Yoruichi
Nov 25, 2006, 01:28 AM
This will end up being the third locked thread today...assuming the first two 2 didn't get warnings already lets keep it civil.

Miyoko
Nov 25, 2006, 01:35 AM
Agreed.

The group's still up, though it's in relics now. Had someone drop by. Was fun. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I'll be loitering around there for a bit, so pixie, you could drop by now if you're not busy! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Lashiens
Nov 25, 2006, 01:55 AM
To get things back on topic, yes, that sounds absolutely fun, I'll try and show up with my little caseal, if at all possible. Just got a new computer, so trying to get everything caught back up to speed, and such. Happy day. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Midicronica
Nov 25, 2006, 02:20 AM
I'm assuming this on the PC version, correct? I've always wanted to try a little roleplaying on PSU.

Pentence
Nov 25, 2006, 02:33 AM
I have only been advertising a forum built just for roleplaying in PSU for 2 weeks now.But ill shamlessly do so again here. The link is in my signature but just to make it obvious here ya go.

psurp.s4.bizhat.com

We do rp on both servers 360 and ps2/pc so please join us,we are trying to get the biggest rp community for psu together.There are FAR too many people i know of who claim they cant find people to rp with and there are hundreds of them.So please join our forum and spread the word so we dont have to put up with hacks who dont like to rp.

PS:If ya dont like rp then dont bash it just ignore it and be on your merry way.I am not a fan of certain music genres but i dont yell and scream and condon it that is just rude and imature.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pentence on 2006-11-24 23:38 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pentence on 2006-11-24 23:39 ]</font>

Lashiens
Nov 25, 2006, 03:14 AM
Miyoko is adorable. True story, I saw her.

Remedy
Nov 25, 2006, 03:43 AM
*merrily fills out a PM or two to the mods*

I might stop by sometime tomorrow or something. It'd be nice to roleplay as my RAcaseal. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Miyoko
Nov 25, 2006, 03:53 AM
*Swoon* Aw... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I feel so cute <3 But alas, I am just your run-of-the-mill caseal maid / catgirl beast!

Zato-2TWO
Nov 25, 2006, 04:13 AM
*clears throat*

ARGUING ON THE INTERNETS >: I

See you all in Uni 17.

Zer0_ConvoY
Nov 25, 2006, 04:16 AM
On 2006-11-24 22:24, Eternal_Drake wrote:

*am
*that
*person of which I share no relation

princejake2
Nov 25, 2006, 04:46 AM
My god some people on this forum are assholes. If you don't like it, then ignore it. Not like it hurts you.

Also, arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics - even if you win, you are still retarted, so give it a rest.

Miyoko
Nov 25, 2006, 06:29 AM
Well, that's the end of the first night... Six people including myself were involved in RP-goodness, and although it took like 2 hours of RPing to get to an actual mission, it was tons of fun. Definately expect to see me doing it again! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Lashiens
Nov 25, 2006, 06:52 AM
Indeed, it was a good time. Had an unexpected new hardware crash, and that put me out for the night.

GRASSHOPPA! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Shinnaki
Nov 25, 2006, 07:59 AM
I never knew some of the people hanging around on this site were so vicious. :S

I think I'm starting to see why some folks are distancing themselves...

Lashiens
Nov 25, 2006, 08:04 AM
On 2006-11-25 04:59, Shinnaki wrote:
I never knew some of the people hanging around on this site were so vicious. :S

I think I'm starting to see why some folks are distancing themselves...

Precisely. I have nothing more to say.

Collar
Nov 25, 2006, 08:38 AM
On 2006-11-24 22:20, Genobee wrote:
Yiff?

"YOU RANG?! lolololol

You won't be able to walk in the morning, but I'm good if you are.

Kismet
Nov 25, 2006, 09:04 AM
Mmm, sounds interesting. I might drop by sometime. =D Another RP universe is Uni 12, so if anyone wants to, drop on by. We usually hang out in Moatoob or Neudaiz now. If you want to join, ask. (Melany's kind of like our leader, so I guess you'd need her permission. Btw, our story's kind complex so... I can get you up to speed if necessary. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif)

Rekitheforce
Nov 25, 2006, 11:46 AM
On 2006-11-24 22:16, Sychosis wrote:
I've never seen a role-playing topic meet with such hostility before...

I know... they're usually friendly and stuff.

GeoHolyhart
Nov 25, 2006, 11:59 AM
looks like we found a furry. clean up your keyboard after you finish playing your beast and you "nanoblast" on del regan ok?

I'll just go ahead and stamp you with grade A idiot. I play a human, which is clearly shown with my awesome sig. Oh and it's De Ragan. Just out of curiosity you do realize you haven't made a single valid point on anything, right?

It's sad how people hijack these topics and no one does anything about it. Don't worry I won't reply to flames anymore, sorry for doing it twice already.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GeoHolyhart on 2006-11-25 09:01 ]</font>

RyuKisargi
Nov 25, 2006, 12:36 PM
On 2006-11-24 22:19, GeoHolyhart wrote:

roleplaying in a mmorpg is for <removed>

Massive
Multiplayer
Role
Playing
Game

OMG! It's so crazy, mind blowing if you will! Someone get the press on the phone!

You win, good sir.

Kanore
Nov 25, 2006, 12:39 PM
There's a difference between roleplaying and roleplay as a furry. The former is acceptable, while the latter is disturbing and should recieve its own Universe.

I'm no roleplayer, and I doubt that I'll be hitting U17 much, but if I do, there'd better be no furries on there.

A2K
Nov 25, 2006, 01:35 PM
If I may borrow from the original post:

"Roleplayers Polite discussion only, or face possibility of being kicked banned". I know it seems a little harsh, but if I want to do an open game for everybody, then I wouldn't make it geared towards roleplayers people who aren't jerkasses ;p

The offending parties have been warned. Play nice, or not at all.

Xeraphim
Nov 25, 2006, 01:45 PM
Everytime I pop into Uni 17, it's usually vacant everywhere I go. Not to mention most of the games are password'd, so ithe open game strategy is a good one. I'll be sure to drop by sometime, maybe even right now since I'm not doin' anything.

Miyoko
Nov 25, 2006, 04:21 PM
The game's currently down, since I'm busy for the next few hours... But I'll be sure to do it again tonight.

I'll add it to my sig weather it's up or not ;p

Natrokos
Nov 25, 2006, 04:35 PM
I think it's cool that you are trying to start an open game rpg. Most people just complain about why there isn't one.

Kichi
Nov 25, 2006, 04:40 PM
I'd love to come role play with you guys! I'll try to be there when you open it again. ^-^

ThisIsMyPanic
Nov 25, 2006, 04:41 PM
I may give uni17 a visit once in a while to try it out sometime http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ThisIsMyPanic on 2006-11-25 13:44 ]</font>

Pentence
Nov 25, 2006, 04:46 PM
If you guys wantto set up something just pm me caus imalways up for some rp.This saturday and sunday night though(est) i am going to be a bit buisy but im on almost till dawn once i get off work.Then right back to it when i get up round noon.

UltimateCarl
Nov 25, 2006, 04:53 PM
This is a great idea!

I'll prolly drop in sometime, though I'm at a bad point for RPing Meena. See, considering her backstory... Well, actually, you probably don't care to hear it so I won't bug you. Let's just say that she's supposed to be really damn powerful, and that's a little hard to do at level 16.

Regardless, if I see ya I might drop by. I always play in 17 anyhow.

princejake2
Nov 25, 2006, 04:58 PM
I'm actually somewhat interested in this. Not the best RPer ever, but it might be fun.

Zabot
Nov 25, 2006, 05:55 PM
dude pent and i monitor a site for PSURP im a mod LOL i RP all the time with my friend its great fun, if you want the site ill give it to you. PM me

Miyoko
Nov 25, 2006, 06:24 PM
Game's up!

On mad creatures right now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Miyoko on 2006-11-25 15:44 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Nov 25, 2006, 07:01 PM
That RyuKisari guy is copying how I talk.

How troublesome.

RPers aren't a specific kind of person. For you to generalize RPers as "furry f@gs" is like saying that Barney was the father of Teletubbies. It makes no sense, right? Shut up, respect how others have fun playing the game, and go sulk in a corner on Field Base because no one likes you =)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RyukiZero on 2006-11-25 20:01 ]</font>

Turambar
Nov 25, 2006, 07:09 PM
I'll drop by later, after I get home. And would someone please drop Drakey a temp. ban? It would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Miyoko
Nov 25, 2006, 07:13 PM
It's called trolling, and you're doing a prime example of it.

I'm not going to bother getting into it, I'm just going to tell you all to knock it off, and stay on topic.

This thread is about roleplaying. If you don't want to discuss joining a roleplay team, then don't post in here, it's that simple.

P_C_A
Nov 25, 2006, 07:14 PM
Meh, i used to RP a bit on FFXI (not that great at it though). I might drop by, but i really just like watching people RP. It's entertaining.

ThisIsMyPanic
Nov 25, 2006, 10:04 PM
To try enjoying the game in a different way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ThisIsMyPanic on 2006-11-25 19:17 ]</font>

Miyoko
Nov 25, 2006, 10:14 PM
Well, we're done for now. Had a full team of 6, with levels ranging from 11-46, we did from MC to undersea labs. Was a blast http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

We'll probably start up again tonight, for those interested. <3

-Ryuki-
Nov 25, 2006, 11:03 PM
On 2006-11-25 17:41, Niered wrote:
I have no problems with "getting into character". By which I mean, making some shortcuts to some catchphrases or witty comments. But roleplaying is in my opinion a bit silly. The game already has a story line, why add things that are silly, full of drama, and just detract from the gameplay?

If you find it a bit silly, then keep doing so. It's not like we are trying to make YOU RP or anything, however, that doesn't mean you should try to start wars with members in hopes of trying to ban RPing from PSU.

ThisIsMyPanic
Nov 25, 2006, 11:07 PM
On 2006-11-24 22:16, Eternal_Drake wrote:

roleplaying in a mmorpg is for <removed>

Beam of holy truth.

<removed>.

Where does that logic come from? I hope its sarcasm. :-/

Pentence
Nov 26, 2006, 01:25 AM
As an avid and old school D&D player i love to act the part.It is no different than acting after all and a good diolouge is entertaining ,just like a real inteligent conversation is.Most people who roleplay enjoy good conversation and a interesting dialouge.Thusly roleplaying can be quite fun even if your new to it.

In an effort to get things roleing for the new roelplayers,or those not yet used to it heres sumtin that might help.For those of you who think it is odd or are uncomfortable with it just relax and try conversing as tho you were your chracter.Just try this once and who knows you might like it.

Those who have done this and find it a bit interesting try this next ,think about how your chracter would react in a given situation then act out the reactions and emotions.

These are the same tricks actors use in method acting.

Speaking of which if any of you have ever been into theatre then rp may come far more naturaly to you.Interesting fact is that many actors got some of their first tastes of acting the part in old school rpgs.I aint talking FF i am talking ,thats right, D&D old school paper pencil gameing.One of the most outspoken of this being the very man who forwarded the book that cellibrated the games 30th aniversery.

Any body have an idea as to whom that might be??The answer may surprise you.

PS:ill post the answer tommarow some time but feel free to speculate

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pentence on 2006-11-26 00:38 ]</font>

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 04:12 AM
I like roleplay, but the problem is that many roleplayers just need to dream up ridiculous stories for their characters. I've met so many time-travelling genius pimp mage demi-god messiahs in my roleplaying adventures that it's boardering on traumatic. My characters are all people that if they existed in the real story of PSU would not change a thing. They just have personalities and hobbies.

Remedy
Nov 26, 2006, 04:26 AM
Well yeah, Velos. That seperates the decent RPers from the good ones.

Good RPers can fit their backstories to the world, not vice versa. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

-Ryuki-
Nov 26, 2006, 04:46 AM
I haven't thought of any REAL background to my character, to be honest. I TRIED to come up with something that would fit with one of my friend's characters, but that's rather hard when I never met her back on PSO. Her character's profile/background derives from PSO, whereas mine just started on PSU.

To be just, I don't know what I'm doing at the moment XD;

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 04:47 AM
w00t, I have once again earned a S-Rank! Hey, C.D., Lumi, get over here! It's time to dance!

-dances with my 410 and 440-

Remedy
Nov 26, 2006, 04:55 AM
Yeah, that's my problem - I'm having to rewrite my Force's backstory for PSU. It's tough.

My Ranger, however, is quite simple. Sure, there's some kinda corny stuff in it, but I defend that in the respects of "If a light bulb is supposedly an 'ancient artifact' and considered a weapon, there's no reason why they couldn't find a PS1 and a Star Ocean 2 disk and consider that some sort of heroic story or something".

=>.>=;

Shut up.

Shinnaki
Nov 26, 2006, 08:36 AM
On 2006-11-25 16:11, Eternal_Drake wrote:

On 2006-11-25 16:09, Turambar wrote:
I'll drop by later, after I get home. And would someone please drop Drakey a temp. ban? It would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I don't believe correcting spelling errors is specifically prohibited, but if it is I am sure a mod would have sent a warning by now.

A2K, who is a mod, left a warning on page 3...

It wasn't to refrain from correcting spelling, but it was to keep the thread polite, rly.

From what I've seen thus far, you are not a very polite person, Mr. Drake. In all honesty, I would have to say you are a touch confrontational. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Merumeru
Nov 26, 2006, 10:07 AM
XD hehe grammar/spelling nazis are funny, but they lose all their power after they themselves make a mistake x.x

XD anyway i wanna RP, but i find it too much of a hassle to go to a nearly-empty universe x.x better off just making RP games in Uni1 with "RP or Get Kicked" in the tag XD

Zabot
Nov 26, 2006, 10:29 AM
sorry i didnt get to play last night, i forgot and ad to go to bed LOL, im getting my new comp ordered today YAY and then i should be getting it here in about a week. but ill be on here in a bit, uni 17, look for Zabot, please say hi, and we can chill.

By the way here is the link to PSURP

http://psurp.s4.bizhat.com/

Pentence
Nov 26, 2006, 03:13 PM
Answer:Vin Diesel

dont belive me check out this wiki about him

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vin_Diesel

Xeraphim
Nov 26, 2006, 03:35 PM
I try to RP often, but the empty universe situation doesn't help. So, I joined a RP Network to keep me close to alot of the RPers on PSU. As far as character background goes, Xeraphim has a rough one that I randomly just typed up. Nothing complicated. Personally, pick up RPing doesn't call for extensive backgrounds. Just behavior and personality, things that come on the fly.

-Ryuki-
Nov 26, 2006, 08:33 PM
I can go on now =)

Miyoko
Nov 26, 2006, 11:42 PM
I won't be doing the game tonight. Too swamped in homework. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif sorry guys. Tomorrow's ... Not looking great either. Last week of class. :/ I'll do so as soon as I can, though.

princejake2
Nov 26, 2006, 11:50 PM
I was looking for it today, but alas it was in vain. I'll try again later.

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 11:53 PM
I haven't been online, since with the holidays ending I have a bunch of homework that I put off to catch up with. RP-wise, Momoko is sick, and Zeo is tending to her in her time of need. Unfortunately, Ender needs maintenance and with Zeo too busy, he lacks a technician to fix him up. I should be back on tomorrow or the next day, though, and maybe I'll try and hunt down your RP game some time.

GeoHolyhart
Nov 27, 2006, 12:50 AM
I wander from Planet to Planet sometimes on Uni 17 to find a game, but to no avail. RP'ed last with Miyoko night. Was fun.

Lashiens
Nov 27, 2006, 01:04 AM
I have a thread in Site related content where I'm more or less attempting to get an RP board hooked up, if folks would be so nice to. It would be a great way to be able to help coordinate these kinds of things, pop on over and sound off there if you feel like it.

And I'm around all hours of the day, floating around random places. If you see me, hit me up, I'm always game for rp.

Pentence
Nov 27, 2006, 02:29 AM
On 2006-11-26 22:04, Lashiens wrote:
I have a thread in Site related content where I'm more or less attempting to get an RP board hooked up, if folks would be so nice to. It would be a great way to be able to help coordinate these kinds of things, pop on over and sound off there if you feel like it.

And I'm around all hours of the day, floating around random places. If you see me, hit me up, I'm always game for rp.

Once more if you are haveing trouble finding rp groups we got your answer.Just hop on over to PSURP.Since this thing went up i havent had any trouble finding people to rp with.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pentence on 2006-11-26 23:31 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Nov 27, 2006, 02:42 AM
RPing's getting to be no so fun when the groups all start to tighten, and become rude to others.

Take me for instance. I was trying to hang out with a friend who was in one of the three groups, and everyone in the group was ignoring me. The only time they said anything was when I said I was going to leave. Made me feel leftout, and it was rather saddening. I don't care who thinks that's lame or "emo", but it really wasn't a good feeling.

Lashiens
Nov 27, 2006, 03:33 AM
On 2006-11-26 23:42, RyukiZero wrote:
RPing's getting to be no so fun when the groups all start to tighten, and become rude to others.

Take me for instance. I was trying to hang out with a friend who was in one of the three groups, and everyone in the group was ignoring me. The only time they said anything was when I said I was going to leave. Made me feel leftout, and it was rather saddening. I don't care who thinks that's lame or "emo", but it really wasn't a good feeling.

Exactly, that's why I tend to shy away from those type of things. I don't like to be "exclusive" to people in the RP sense. It's much like playground cliq's, for example. Not my cup of tea.

-Ryuki-
Nov 27, 2006, 04:04 AM
The only ones I'm exclusive to, are the ones in my "troupe" as everyone seems to call it. They're only on at a certain time of day (and usually not for long), so when they want me to be with them, I go. Everyone else, I welcome to RP with, but something doesn't add up when I'm the one who isn't being welcomed.

Pentence
Nov 27, 2006, 04:11 AM
I havent had any trouble with tight knit groups yet but i am sure they are out there thats why i like to welcome ALL rpers to PSURP.No being biased that just makes it so people leave without even takeing a second glance.IMO thats just not cool besides its bad rp as well.Would you just ignore a guy who just got assigned to your squad? HELLLZ NO bad rp there.

Btw joining an rp group dosent mean you are being exclusive it is just a way to get your name out there for others to know hey i can rp with this guy.Or to set up groups of rpers that is the goal of PSURP anyhow.There may be groups who try to be like "NO YOU NOT IN OUR GROUP SO BUZZ OFF" but not me hell no.I lvoe to rp with anyone and anywhere and i welcome all rpers with open arms.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pentence on 2006-11-27 01:12 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pentence on 2006-11-27 01:18 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Nov 27, 2006, 04:12 AM
Well, the case was, they ignored the guy who was 10+ levels below everyone else, because the "new guy" wasn't elgible for "the squad".

Pentence
Nov 27, 2006, 04:20 AM
Wow jerks,say man in my games it is like this RP comes first lvls next.I have a lvl 40 char but he loves to help others out so he will.I often play with lvl 10-20s who need a hand or jsut like to rp.

-Ryuki-
Nov 27, 2006, 04:26 AM
RPing isn't suppose to be limited. Once you single someone out, something's wrong. I can understand people not RPing as well compared to others, but as long as they're trying, that IS what matters. Saying they're low leveled and then ditching them is rather.. a low blow to someone's ego. Why? Because then, it's not an RP. It's just leveling.

Pentence
Nov 27, 2006, 04:30 AM
On 2006-11-27 01:26, RyukiZero wrote:
RPing isn't suppose to be limited. Once you single someone out, something's wrong. I can understand people not RPing as well compared to others, but as long as they're trying, that IS what matters. Saying they're low leveled and then ditching them is rather.. a low blow to someone's ego. Why? Because then, it's not an RP. It's just leveling.

Words out of my mouth mate.If its about the Rp then make it about the rp.If it is about the lvls frickn say so.I for one prefer a good fun enjoyable gamewith crap money,exp and drops to a god awful flamer one with great everything.

Lashiens
Nov 27, 2006, 04:44 AM
Couldn't have said it better. That's why I left "that other" mmo that people talk about 'round here (hint, it's not FFXI.)

One of the reasons I loved the original Star Wars Galaxies (not it's current rubbish form), was simply because once you took away levels, it changed people's perspective, especially in roleplay.

Pentence
Nov 27, 2006, 04:56 AM
Say you two,ryuki and lashiens, yall wanna team up? cause im on right now and likely will be fora awil?All this talk and no rp make pent a very dull boy.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

-Ryuki-
Nov 27, 2006, 05:26 AM
Me and Lash are already in a group with each other. Y'know, the one that's not affiliated with anyone (unless Lash did something I don't know about) XD

Lashiens
Nov 27, 2006, 05:49 AM
On 2006-11-27 02:26, RyukiZero wrote:
Me and Lash are already in a group with each other. Y'know, the one that's not affiliated with anyone (unless Lash did something I don't know about) XD

You're silly. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

The Non-Group Group! (tm)

-Ryuki-
Nov 27, 2006, 05:56 AM
Yeah, that's us. The NGG XD

Pentence
Nov 27, 2006, 06:01 AM
nani? o.0

Lashiens
Nov 27, 2006, 06:06 AM
Rumor has it, that we're too cool for school.

Think of it like the Jets and the Sharks from West Side Story. Only difference is, we have WAY cooler hair. Oh, and photon weapons. Can't forget those.

-Ryuki-
Nov 27, 2006, 06:41 AM
To be just, we're fine with just each other as RPers.

Lashiens
Nov 27, 2006, 06:43 AM
On 2006-11-27 03:41, RyukiZero wrote:
To be just, we're fine with just each other as RPers.

What he said. But I still have the coolest sneakers on my block, so there.

I'll see you on the playground after school. By the flag pole. 3pm.

-Ryuki-
Nov 27, 2006, 06:44 AM
Are we hanging up your shorts? =X

Lashiens
Nov 27, 2006, 06:49 AM
Actually, no. I was thinking we could shake down the rest of the kids around the flag pole for their milk money.

-Ryuki-
Nov 27, 2006, 06:51 AM
Hmm.. How about I just take pictures, to prove that you did it? That way, I don't have to take part in any bad actions you do, and just be considered a witness instead? =)

Pentence
Nov 27, 2006, 07:00 AM
wow well dont mess with this small beast cause im poor http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif no milk money buti have pogs ...oops cats outa the bag *nanos* ok then who wants to try to take my pogs ? huh huh?!?!

-Ryuki-
Nov 27, 2006, 07:06 AM
That's no fun. Me and Lash are tall and "fit", and here you are short and would-be-cute since you're a beast boy =P

Pentence
Nov 27, 2006, 07:19 AM
Hey im short FIT and CUTE top that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif plus....im soft and furry

-Ryuki-
Nov 27, 2006, 07:23 AM
But we're hot, and you know it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Pentence
Nov 27, 2006, 07:26 AM
so? never said you werent.But IMO Parn has us beat hands down it seems...: we need to over throw him....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pentence on 2006-11-27 04:27 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Nov 27, 2006, 07:31 AM
Parn? Why would you want to overthrow Parn? He's the reason why I look so hot. You can never go wrong with trying to look like a Boy Band member =)

Miyoko
Nov 27, 2006, 07:34 AM
@_@ Wow, I uh...

I'm not quite sure what to make of the last page and a half! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

-Ryuki-
Nov 27, 2006, 07:37 AM
That's okay Miyo. You have bad timing though. We've yet to ever RP, and one of my "members" showed up =P

Miyoko
Nov 27, 2006, 07:39 AM
Psssh, you and your "members".

All you gotta do is show up when I host one of these http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Everyone is welcome.

-Ryuki-
Nov 27, 2006, 08:18 AM
But you shouldn't promote your "meetings" so openly. Besides, you never invite me.

princejake2
Nov 27, 2006, 10:47 AM
@.@

I used to have Pogs when I was younger... good times.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: princejake2 on 2006-11-27 07:47 ]</font>

Miyoko
Nov 27, 2006, 07:10 PM
On 2006-11-27 05:18, RyukiZero wrote:
But you shouldn't promote your "meetings" so openly. Besides, you never invite me.

Why not? The whole point is to be open about it. And dur you're invited -- anyone who wants to try roleplaying is. I'm not going to go around giving individual invites when it's free for everyone to join ;p

-Ryuki-
Nov 27, 2006, 07:54 PM
That's one way of "advertising". You might get unwanted attention from people who randomly join XD

happy_cricket
Nov 27, 2006, 10:40 PM
LOL - I know your tricks. I have looked for this game every single day since... okay, well today, and I haven't found you yet!

-Ryuki-
Nov 27, 2006, 10:42 PM
Not entirely sure if that was supposed to be funny.. -Rubs his chin.-

Naes_Siwel
Nov 29, 2006, 05:31 AM
Should have seen this thread sooner...

Well if you guys are intrested, I also RP with a group on universe 15 (sometimes 17). I've ran into some others from here and they're pretty cool people. I hang around Moatoob (or Neudaiz) most of the time so don't be afraid to say hi http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

Oh and
this (http://psurps.proboards86.com/index.cgi?)
is another good place to get things started as well

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Naes_Siwel on 2006-11-29 02:33 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Nov 29, 2006, 06:36 AM
Nice to see you, Naes.

EnixBelmont
Nov 29, 2006, 07:37 AM
Oh, wow. Some people are complete jackasses. Interesting.

-Ryuki-
Nov 29, 2006, 07:57 AM
Who're you refering to, good sir?

EnixBelmont
Nov 29, 2006, 08:09 AM
Eternal_Drake and Kuai, obviously. I have no interest in roleplaying either, but I'nm not going to call anyone that does fags and insult everyone, ESPECIALLY in a topic all about roleplaying.

Merumeru
Nov 29, 2006, 09:37 AM
XD ah no sweat, the world wouldnt be complete without evil to battle the good

anyway, i think an RP event should just be hosted so that you can grab a buncha RPers Partner Cards and itd be a lot easier to find someone to RP with http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Miyoko
Nov 29, 2006, 09:53 AM
I'm terribly sorry I haven't hosted the game in a while ;- ; Last week of classes, and it's been hectic >_< Buuut, when this week is done... Well, let's just say, MeruMeru, I very much like that idea, and would be up for organizing something like that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

princejake2
Nov 29, 2006, 10:52 AM
Hopefully it won't get shot down like D.J. SkyEpic's Ultimate FO Challenge -_-

-Ryuki-
Nov 29, 2006, 11:50 AM
Sure, sure, and watch how many people cling. It'll be like PSO all over again.

AndrewLD16
Nov 29, 2006, 11:54 AM
On 2006-11-24 21:49, Eternal_Drake wrote:
As long as you remain in universe 17 and away from me with it I'm happy.

:bowrofl:

I played with a kid a couple days ago... he was a cast. Everytime his weapon was out of PP, he would do all this robot speak and say his ammo was out. Same thing when he was about to use his SUV weapon. It was kind of annoying O.o

Oxidation
Nov 29, 2006, 12:08 PM
I remember on Final Fantasy 11 every time this black mage chick would cast a super spell she would say the lines that lina inverse said in the anime Slayers... after a few of that people were like stfu!!! lol

-Ryuki-
Nov 29, 2006, 12:16 PM
You mean macro-ed skills+text? I did that so often, and I didn't care what people though. I was the only Nuker, and they needed me, so I told them to STFU or find a new one. Unfortunately for them, they couldn't =)

"Rip to shreds! Aero!"
"Time to get wet! Water!"
"Let's rock! Stone!"
"Did anyone ask for a heal? Cure!"
"Intoxicate! Bio!"
"Burn, baby, burn! Fire!"
"Freeze, and shatter to hell! Blizzard!"

Yep, those were my phrases. Never played much of BLM though. I got to lvl 19 and quit >.>

Blu_Swade
Nov 29, 2006, 12:19 PM
I'm gonna' hafta' spam "Hot stuff comin' your way!" at least once while using Foie online, otherwise a void will open up in my soul, I can't wait to get online! "Reactor's spent! Cover me, I'm goin' in melee!" XD
"Outta' scapes! I'm switching to support tactics!"
I propbably won't remember those, or I won't dignify them with use once I do get online XD

-Ryuki-
Nov 29, 2006, 12:44 PM
I really feel like making macros, just to annoy people. Granted, they shouldn't be able to kick me out if I'm the one doing all the killing. Let's just say, it's a way of testing one's patience.

Pentence
Nov 29, 2006, 05:39 PM
Say Miyoko,search the foums for "rp meet" you will be quite surprised .

Also i would love to help organize a RP meet and get someone to take picks of it *wink wink*.But alas when n where is the eternal question...for many things.

-Ryuki-
Nov 29, 2006, 07:57 PM
Was I just summoned?

-Rubs his chin.-

Eternal_Drake
Nov 29, 2006, 07:58 PM
Edit by Moderator: Stop spamming.

-Ryuki-
Nov 29, 2006, 07:59 PM
Lolhater.

Pentence
Nov 29, 2006, 08:47 PM
Eternal i must ask have you nothing better to do than post your hatered for roleplaying?Have you no hobbies you could be spending your time on.As a human you only have aproxamitely 80-100 years on this planet .That is quite short realy so why are you wasteing precious seconds on such rude and pointless acts?

Eternal_Drake
Nov 29, 2006, 08:49 PM
On 2006-11-29 17:47, Pentence wrote:
Eternal i must ask have you nothing better to do than post your hatered for roleplaying?Have you no hobbies you could be spending your time on.As a human you only have aproxamitely 80-100 years on this planet .That is quite short realy so why are you wasteing precious seconds on such rude and pointless acts?

Why are you wasting time asking me about this?

Pentence
Nov 29, 2006, 08:53 PM
Ah so predictable you are,i knew that would be your response.Well simply put constructive criticism of ones actions is not a waste if it helps better said person.

Pentence
Nov 29, 2006, 09:17 PM
Anywho we should vote on a day in the near future to hold a roleplay meet.The last one i tried to hold was porely timed as it was only 2 weeks into the game.With the RPers old and new now comeing outa the woodwork it seems to me the time is ripe.

We should hold it on a weekend surely but with it being the holiday season it could be quite difficult.

Naes_Siwel
Nov 29, 2006, 10:08 PM
On 2006-11-29 18:17, Pentence wrote:
Anywho we should vote on a day in the near future to hold a roleplay meet.The last one i tried to hold was porely timed as it was only 2 weeks into the game.With the RPers old and new now comeing outa the woodwork it seems to me the time is ripe.

We should hold it on a weekend surely but with it being the holiday season it could be quite difficult.

Why not on the 3rd (or 4th) Saturday from now? I'm sure by then a lot of us wont be busy by then http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

VioletSkye
Nov 29, 2006, 10:53 PM
I think a few people would benefit from reading anew A2K's previous post:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=128009&forum=20&start=40&60#45

-Ryuki-
Nov 29, 2006, 11:13 PM
Works for me. I haven't done anything bad, so.. =)

Tomeeboy
Nov 29, 2006, 11:35 PM
Removed some spam from this thread. If it returns, please feel free to PM me and I'll take care of it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Carry on!

-Ryuki-
Nov 29, 2006, 11:38 PM
Tomeeboy is a possible PSOW Hero for me =O

Miyoko
Nov 30, 2006, 09:03 AM
Alright, well, here's the thing...

Last week of classes = finals following, and extremely hectic life. I've got a semi-final on friday, and a couple following that. I don't want to setup a date for this just yet, because this is a busy time of year for many, many people. I would like to wait at least till my classes are done before I start toying with a date.

So yeah, sorry for the downtime of the game lately and whatnot, but you know, real life first. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Real life needs to be figured out before this gets going!

-Ryuki-
Nov 30, 2006, 09:08 AM
Well then, I better not see you trying to RP with others in the game until you are done! XD

Pentence
Nov 30, 2006, 10:49 AM
On 2006-11-30 06:08, RyukiZero wrote:
Well then, I better not see you trying to RP with others in the game until you are done! XD

*GASP*

eee i ...err ...uhh ...my god man are you mad

RP is thines life blood for the person of limitless imagination.It is nigh unforgivable.To take such a thing away is to take the life blood of the artist his canvas striped from him he has naught left to carry out life for meaning is now lost.

Ronzeru
Nov 30, 2006, 11:01 AM
Who in their right mind would RP in a MMORPG?!?!11!11!1one

Naes_Siwel
Nov 30, 2006, 03:23 PM
On 2006-11-30 06:03, Miyoko wrote:
Alright, well, here's the thing...

Last week of classes = finals following, and extremely hectic life. I've got a semi-final on friday, and a couple following that. I don't want to setup a date for this just yet, because this is a busy time of year for many, many people. I would like to wait at least till my classes are done before I start toying with a date.

So yeah, sorry for the downtime of the game lately and whatnot, but you know, real life first. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Real life needs to be figured out before this gets going!

Yea I'm in the same boat apparently. I've got about 2 projects and 1 research paper in the works, and 3 upcoming finals. I'm taking my time with it since most of it is not due until the end of the semester.

So perhaps during the holidays we could get something going?

NightStorm
Nov 30, 2006, 03:41 PM
I'll keep an eye out for the meeting. I have a guild of my own, but I'm always down to RP with nice folks. Surely I will try to come by. And if you ever see a Purple CAST by the name Tyrannus, feel free to reference this RP topic and I'd love to exchange cards.

GeoHolyhart
Nov 30, 2006, 03:48 PM
I've been urging to RP, but not enough people gather. It seems a lot of people also use alternative characters to RP, which are usually very low level. My urges usually come at night, but not too late, like Ryuki, who always seems to call me right before I'm ready to head off.

Turambar
Nov 30, 2006, 04:34 PM
I'm in the same boat as most. Classes are ending in 2 weeks and finals dates are starting to get announced. I still come on pretty much daily around 11pm to midnight my time (Central) though for about an hour ere I sleep. Of course, sometimes a particular someone *cough Miyoko cough* forces me to stay on longer to the great misery of my mornings xP.

-Ryuki-
Nov 30, 2006, 09:17 PM
Miyo forces you to stay on longer? I know she's never asked ME to stay on longer. Idy maybe, but you as well? Hmmmmmmmmm. Something doesn't add up there =)

Sotaka
Nov 30, 2006, 11:25 PM
I'd have roleplayed in this game if my character wasn't female. =/

Miyoko
Dec 1, 2006, 03:37 AM
Lies, I never force people to stay up longer. >.>

-Ryuki-
Dec 1, 2006, 03:40 AM
Lies. I've proof!

Miyoko
Dec 1, 2006, 03:47 AM
FABRICATED proof! *Raspberries* You ain't got nuffin!

-Ryuki-
Dec 1, 2006, 03:48 AM
-Tosses her into her closet.-

No way to treat someone who takes care of your shop XD

Ronzeru
Dec 2, 2006, 03:53 PM
Now that I think about it, damn I haven't RP'd in a game in awhile. I should start again for fun.