PDA

View Full Version : Well need some help here.

rille2k
Nov 25, 2006, 07:54 AM
Here it is, im back after couple of years waiting for the best online game there is, So i got some question.

At the moment, im installing PSU
Is it good to play on PC or is it hard and do i need to get a gamepad because PSO on PC was terrible to play on.

How is it the loading times?
and how is the name thingy, i dont wanna se like 3566735678 named Sephiroth or Blade hehe..

Cheers !

lordzanon
Nov 25, 2006, 08:00 AM
loading times are quick, no worries on those.

but yest get a gamepad, this game is ment to be played with a controller.

tirith
Nov 25, 2006, 08:41 AM
friend of mine reccomended this: http://www.redoctane.com/universaladapter.html as a ps2 controller adapter, and i've seen him using an xbox controller on his puter aswell

i woulda linked to lik sang, but sony put em outta business =/

Collar
Nov 25, 2006, 08:45 AM
On 2006-11-25 04:54, rille2k wrote:
Here it is, im back after couple of years waiting for the best online game there is, So i got some question.

At the moment, im installing PSU
Is it good to play on PC or is it hard and do i need to get a gamepad because PSO on PC was terrible to play on.

How is it the loading times?
and how is the name thingy, i dont wanna se like 3566735678 named Sephiroth or Blade hehe..

Cheers !

"As long as your PC is up to the requirements you should be fine. A lot of people, myself included, prefer the controller over the keyboard layout. But there have been a few that swear by the keyboard once they adjust to it. The only real difference between the two is that with the controller you have an added layer of camera controll with the right analog stick, which is not available otherwise.

Sydz
Nov 25, 2006, 08:56 AM
I've heard alot of people swear by the xbox360 controller for PSU. I got one cheap on ebay too, because my current con is a peice of junk with poor response time.

Banert
Nov 25, 2006, 11:20 AM
360 controller is a blessing. Only problem I have with it is I can't configure a button to open that main menu, so I have to push f1 every now and then, no big deal though.

Xeraphim
Nov 25, 2006, 11:24 AM
I personally didn't bother getting a controller and stick with the keyboard. I'm enjoying it alot, since most online RPGs, I'm used to playing with a keyboard anyway. (Horribly structured sentence.) But most people say they like the controller. I say go with what makes you feel comfortable.

GeoHolyhart
Nov 25, 2006, 11:49 AM
On 2006-11-25 08:24, Xeraphim wrote:
I personally didn't bother getting a controller and stick with the keyboard. I'm enjoying it alot, since most online RPGs, I'm used to playing with a keyboard anyway. (Horribly structured sentence.) But most people say they like the controller. I say go with what makes you feel comfortable.

Ditto. I've played a lot of mmorpgs, all using the keyboard. I have a controller and don't use it. I like being able to type really quick in the midst of something.

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 25, 2006, 11:52 AM
On 2006-11-25 08:49, GeoHolyhart wrote:

On 2006-11-25 08:24, Xeraphim wrote:

Ditto. I've played a lot of mmorpgs, all using the keyboard. I have a controller and don't use it. I like being able to type really quick in the midst of something.

I third that. I don't mind playing on the keyboard.

More buttons... more options..

Niered
Nov 25, 2006, 03:03 PM
I bought a X360 for the sole purpose of playing PSU on my pc. Keyboard is a bytch, but this controller is the closest thing youll get to the original dreamcast feel (if you wanna be nostalgic) so id go with that.

Xbob
Nov 25, 2006, 03:13 PM
I use a PS2 controller. I'd prefer to use a Gamecube controller over anything, but I don't have an adapter for it. PSU isn't a normal MORPG, (Just one M fellas.) and it's not designed for the keyboard.

tirith
Nov 25, 2006, 06:44 PM
i played eq and a few other mmo's <massive multiplayer...> i'd play those with the keyboard, but this feels much better to me with a controller