PDA

View Full Version : Some JP-related questions~~

Alli
Nov 25, 2006, 11:36 AM
I have a few questions for you guys, particularly those of you who used to play on the JP servers back in the PSO days.

I started playing PSO during its Dreamcast days, and one of the best parts of the game for me was playing with all of the friendly and cooperative JP players. In fact, a lot of times I would just end up standing around in the lobby, chatting with people and improving my Japanese vocabulary instead of playing the actual game. It was unlike any online community I'd ever seen. People were generally much more polite and courteous than I'd in other games, and when joining a party to blast through a ruins run or take on some challenge stages, everyone worked together and did their part to help out the team. To be fair, many of the US players also did this, but it was often harder to find the good guys amidst the sea of FSOD'ing hackers and DBZ-cloned-10-year-olds. For me, the JP servers became a haven where I knew I could nearly always expect a great friendly game, people sharing equally of rares, and a good time overall.

Naturally, when I learned that in PSU, the JP servers would not be accessible any longer with US versions of the game, I was very disheartened. I didn't leap to buy the game as I had in the past, when the GameCube version was released. I was convinced that I would never find a good community of friendly and honest gamers to play with in this latest iteration of the game. But after returning here to the PSOW forums and poking around a bit, it seems that there may still be some good times to be had after all. For those of you who were fond in the past of playing on the JP servers, is PSU sufficiently cool/fun/satisfying to play with your US brethren, or do you still find yourself longing for a good pick-up game with some peeps on the other side of the planet? Please let me know your feelings on this!

Alli
Nov 25, 2006, 11:39 AM
Hmm.. what argument? Did I miss something? ^_^;

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 25, 2006, 11:42 AM
Oh wow. I used to play with a JP friend named RITZ on the challenge mode of forest 1 all the time. We never ever did anything else but that. It was basically the only thing I did even though they are like 16+ hours ahead of me.. I stay up late just to play with my friends.

I surely do miss them. I bet most surely do miss us..

There will be good times ALL the time in PSU no matter who you play with. It just depends on the people you meet and the oddity of the conversations you have o.o;

Alli
Nov 25, 2006, 11:43 AM
ack. nevermind, I think I just found the thread you were referring to.

BUT IN MY DEFENSE! I wasn't posting it as a racist remark or to say "I think all JP players are better than US players" etc. etc. I was simply referring to the STYLE of play. Some players PREFER to just solo everything and they feel a big rush at being able to single-handedly take out the majority of enemies out there. I personally prefer to work more with a team, and found that in PSO, it was easier to find people who shared my mentality on the JP servers than on the US ones. If this has changed, I'd love to know and play PSU with some friendly US folk!!!

Choja
Nov 25, 2006, 11:46 AM
On 2006-11-25 08:43, Alli wrote:
ack. nevermind, I think I just found the thread you were referring to.

BUT IN MY DEFENSE! I wasn't posting it as a racist remark or to say "I think all JP players are better than US players" etc. etc. I was simply referring to the STYLE of play. Some players PREFER to just solo everything and they feel a big rush at being able to single-handedly take out the majority of enemies out there. I personally prefer to work more with a team, and found that in PSO, it was easier to find people who shared my mentality on the JP servers than on the US ones. If this has changed, I'd love to know and play PSU with some friendly US folk!!!

OH THANK GOD! *hug* Finally found someone great.
Don't worry about the arguement, just think I said nothing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Yoiyami
Nov 25, 2006, 11:49 AM
The JP/US servers on the 360 are linked. The only thing about that is the 360 isn't all that popular in Japan, so there probably won't be many of them. Personally, I prefer meeting people from around the world. Seeing different cultures and beliefs is always interesting. ^_^

Choja
Nov 25, 2006, 12:30 PM
Uh... look now. (Nooooo, it came back, it's haunting us ;_;)

Yoiyami
Nov 25, 2006, 12:54 PM
On 2006-11-25 09:30, Choja wrote:

*patpat* I'm looking and I see a very paranoid person.

Choja
Nov 25, 2006, 12:58 PM
On 2006-11-25 09:54, Yoiyami wrote:

It's more like the paranoia of how many screaming people it takes to see every thread title is a complaint, and the "JP PSU gamers are nice and all, but..." thread is pretty much the opposite side of this one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Choja on 2006-11-25 09:58 ]</font>

Yoiyami
Nov 25, 2006, 01:20 PM
On 2006-11-25 09:58, Choja wrote:

On 2006-11-25 09:54, Yoiyami wrote:

It's more like the paranoia of how many screaming people it takes to see every thread title is a complaint, and the "JP PSU gamers are nice and all, but..." thread is pretty much the opposite side of this one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Choja on 2006-11-25 09:58 ]</font>

I saw that thread. It IS a mess but oh well. Everyone wants to make their point.

Kuai
Nov 25, 2006, 06:43 PM
Move to japan you weaboo

Xbob
Nov 25, 2006, 06:47 PM
I played the JP servers slightly in the DC version of PSO, and while they were friendly, they were no more friendly than any of my buddies here in the US. It's not about finding nice people in a sea of asshats, it's about talking in parties and just being friendly yourself. The people who notice that you're trying to make some pals will add you, and the guys just there to rush their levels will be silent and continue on alone. My partner card list is loaded with people of which I have had the pleasure of grouping with. ;o