PDA

View Full Version : Traps. And why math fails the average shopkeep.

Niered
Nov 25, 2006, 02:47 PM
So yesterday Im feeding my PM, something I hardly get around to doing, which is why im lvl 48 and hes a scanty 31. I happen to slip in a trap for S&G's and lo' and behold +12 Range! My immediate first reaction is, why not try buying from player shops instead of paying 500m a pop?

Bad idea.

You see, math is something that apparently is an enigma to the average shopkeep. I was expecting a 50% markdown on these things, around 250 a pop. What I found was...

1000-2500m a G trap.

Now I understand that many people complain about the shopkeeps doing a poor job of maintainng lower than NPC prices. Marseline for 3k is pretty damn stupid, but this is just downs-syndromed to the max. Marseline you can forget about being in a synth shop, but EVERYONE has seen the tool shops in the feild lobbies selling G-Traps for 500m. There is simply no excuse for this.

So if your one of those people that is selling the damn things,

please lower your price.

(Or Ill set one off in your store >=D)

Dr_Lantis
Nov 25, 2006, 02:50 PM
I have yet to find a place in my week+ of trap shopping for my Ranged PM that sold any kind of trap for less than the NPC price.

Xbob
Nov 25, 2006, 03:00 PM
To be honest, the average player probably doesn't know you can buy those traps. For one, no one really buys traps to use, so the word of the shops doesn't get around much, and two, trap shops aren't exactly set up where you'd accidentally talk to one of the vendors looking for PAs or something. Half the time if someone's buying an item, they only see the item they want, they won't notice the trap under the scape.

Metempsychic
Nov 25, 2006, 03:13 PM
Not to mention that they rarely drop. Theyre not even rare. I've seen only one trap drop during my entire online experience, while countless other "real" rares have had many more drops.

By the way, I'm pretty sure that using the 2* (100m) traps is cheaper, if you're willing to wait maybe 2-3 days longer.

Sydz
Nov 25, 2006, 03:24 PM
Farming Grove, or Endrum will net you a ton. i find them like mad.

Ryogen
Nov 25, 2006, 03:25 PM
Need to understand that their shop is their business and their business is their business. You can't come here and just complain about their style of selling items. If that is the case, camp at their room till they come by and talk to them. There are 100's of shops with some things overpriced, and all we got to do is go to the computer, Item search, select another place.

I understand you bro, but that is how some shops work and maybe they really don't want to give it up. Just keep searching.

FenixStryk
Nov 25, 2006, 03:40 PM
I'm gonna be frank with you; you're paying 5x the price for 2x the payout of normal traps. Normal traps (100m) give +6. G traps (500m) give +12. Unless you're really impatient and/or have a shootload of money, go with normal traps.

ZiG
Nov 25, 2006, 03:47 PM
On 2006-11-25 12:40, FenixStryk wrote:
I'm gonna be frank with you; you're paying 5x the price for 2x the payout of normal traps. Normal traps (100m) give +6. G traps (500m) give +12. Unless you're really impatient and/or have a shootload of money, go with normal traps.

This may be true, but you have a limit of 99 items per 12 hours. This means you can get 12 levels (roughly) or ranged per 12 hours, instead of 6. This cuts your time to 80 by half, thus allowing you to get your useable PM in around 6 and a half days, instead of 2 weeks. You're paying for convenience.

therealAERO
Nov 25, 2006, 04:01 PM
Just a heads up, whenever I see traps at a higher NPC price, I than go buy from the NPC if I can't find any lower. SO stop being stupid, and lower your trap prices.

Niered
Nov 25, 2006, 04:27 PM
On 2006-11-25 12:47, ZiG wrote:

On 2006-11-25 12:40, FenixStryk wrote:

This may be true, but you have a limit of 99 items per 12 hours. This means you can get 12 levels (roughly) or ranged per 12 hours, instead of 6. This cuts your time to 80 by half, thus allowing you to get your useable PM in around 6 and a half days, instead of 2 weeks. You're paying for convenience.

Exactly. And besides, thats really not what this topic is about in the first place. Im just saying that these shop owners need to try doing a lil research first.

Randomness
Nov 25, 2006, 04:29 PM
There are however, some varieties of G trap that aren't sold, such as Virus, but that shouldn't be too much more.