PDA

View Full Version : is this all you do at the beginning (noob question)

kefka95
Nov 25, 2006, 04:30 PM
I apologize if this is a silly question - this is my first time playing any variety of PSO/U. So far all I've found to do in the initial stages of this game is run through this "Access Corridor" mission and the "Fight for Food" mission after it, fighting the same three enemies over, and over, and over again.

I've tried partying on higher level missions, perhaps mistakenly assuming that if a party is open from the "Join party" menu it means they're actually looking for a party member. I don't think I've managed to stay in a party for more than 30 seconds without being kicked out - is there some line of etiquette I'm missing here?

Finally, as much as I hate to say it because I know Sonic Team usually makes great games, this game just seems kind of half-assed and hardly worth the $50 to buy the game, much less the monthly fee. Is this really all there is to it, or am I just completely missing some aspect of the game?

Randomness
Nov 25, 2006, 04:32 PM
What level are you, for starters, and secondly, some people are too obsessed with S rank.

If the party has some requirement listed in the comment or title, thats one thing, but otherwise, they should let you join, since you can always stand back with a pistol.

Natrokos
Nov 25, 2006, 04:33 PM
I wouldn't say it's 'half assed'. It hasn't lived up to it's potential (yet) Try going to Parum and getting a group there.

I'm afraid that if you don't like the aspect of killing monsters then you are S.O.L. because as of right now there are no real quests or anything.

Xbob
Nov 25, 2006, 04:44 PM
There are three planets aside from Cylez, of which you are on. There is plenty more to do. Try looking around the fourth floor, there are three gates leading to the other planets. As of yet we have no story missions yet, but I believe we get the first on this Thursday/Friday.

UltimateCarl
Nov 25, 2006, 04:46 PM
Well, there are other areas to visit. On the same floor with the entrance to the "Unsafe Passage" mission are spaceports. On the opposite side of the floor are exits that lead to three other planets, each of which has more missions of their own in different locations with different enemies.

As for people booting you from the party, I'm not sure what's up there. I haven't been booted from a party yet. I 'spose try to check levels and make sure you don't join a party with players all much higher level than you. Most players are S-Rank whores and automatically assume that lower level characters will ruin it. I dunno what to tell you, other than maybe try Universe 15, the PSOW server. Also you could talk to players inside of the cities and all form a party there then go all go on a mission.

Finally, for more things to do... When you first start out, yeah, there's not much for you to do but kill things endlessly. Later on, however, you can raise your PM, craft, open a shop, customize your character's appearance, try out multiple classes, grind some weapons, and, oh yeah, I almost forgot about the other players. You can always talk to them.

Anyhow, if the game isn't your cup of tea, I can understand and I'm sorry you feel that way. On the other hand, you haven't really experienced even a tenth of the real game, yet.

Hope that helps!

Randomness
Nov 25, 2006, 04:46 PM
As a side note, as far as difficulty goes, Colony<Parum<Neudaiz<Moatoob, in general, though Moatoob and Neudaiz are arguable.

kefka95
Nov 25, 2006, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the replies. I'm hoping I just haven't given it enough time and that it will pick up later on. I'll try again to get in with some parties and actually interact with people - maybe the few I've tried have just been bad apples.

Shinnaki
Nov 25, 2006, 06:35 PM
When I first started playing, I was all alone for two weeks and sort of thought the same thing. I stuck with it, though, and after getting a keyboard, I have all sorts of friends now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Just try to hang in there, it's only going to get better.

Also, if you want some help whenever, my character name is the same as here (Only, Shin'naki with an apostrophe). I'm always on Universe 15 running around. :3

Ryoki
Nov 25, 2006, 07:35 PM
First thing I did when I joined was Mad Creatures C.
I didn't think there was a Linear Line mission, since it existed as a tutorial on Story Mode. So I made it through Mad Creatures C, hiding behind Vahras and taking advatage of their bad AI. Wasn't too bad, I only died 5 times (level 10 creatures, only have a saber/handgun, no PA, you get the picture.) After about 3 runs i had enough for my Rising Strike PA. Remember, I did not do the tutorial since I had been playing Story mode before going online, and had previously played PSO on GC.
So yeah, I assume you are at least level 4, go to Parum and do Mad Creatures C.

________
Friend Advice Advice (http://www.love-help.org/friend-advice/)

Randomness
Nov 25, 2006, 07:41 PM
My god, I haven't ever seen anyone pull off a quadruple post, much less a fiver.

ThunderChao
Nov 25, 2006, 07:50 PM
I'd just go grinding on some of the starter missions. It took me a bit to have a good party on Uni. 2 until I hit lvl 15.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ThunderChao on 2006-11-25 16:56 ]</font>

Ryoki
Nov 25, 2006, 07:53 PM
On 2006-11-25 16:50, ThunderChao wrote:

On 2006-11-25 16:41, Randomness wrote:
My god, I haven't ever seen anyone pull off a quadruple post, much less a fiver.

I think that's a new record......

Wow, ever hear of a computer error? Seriously, go to hell, both of you.

Also, I suggest you edit your posts. They make no sense now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2006-11-25 16:53 ]</font>
________
Ford modular engine (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Modular_engine)

ThunderChao
Nov 25, 2006, 07:57 PM
On 2006-11-25 16:53, Ryoki wrote:

Ever heard of a joke? And if it bothered you so much, then I'm sorry.

Ryoki
Nov 25, 2006, 08:00 PM
On 2006-11-25 16:57, ThunderChao wrote:

On 2006-11-25 16:53, Ryoki wrote:

Ever heard of a joke? And if it bothered you so much, then I'm sorry.

I am not so much offended of your comment as I am his. The way he said it, made it seem like I intentionally made 5 posts. And yes, I knew it was a joke, but it still kinda angered me.

________
FERRARI DINO ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Ferrari_Dino_engine)