PDA

View Full Version : Aw, @#$%. Any way to recover deleted data?

isahn80
Nov 25, 2006, 05:57 PM
DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU!

I had been harvesting CAST parts for a cheap and easy way to level my PM (by deleting and creating a new CAST character over and over and stripping her of parts and armor)and I guess I wasn't paying attention because I logged on for the umpteenth time to see this:
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/bullshit.jpg
What a kick in the nuts.

Isahn was lvl 45, 10 levels RA, 8 FO. I realize this is my own dumbass fault, and I'm not expecting Sega to be able to do anything about it, but I thought I'd ask you guys to see if anyone knew anything concrete.

Also, I wanted to say thanks to Jife_Jifremok, who convinced me to stay on PSU because I was about ready to quit altogether. Thanks Bro.

Well, although he wasn't around for long I'm posting a few screens of Isahn in case anyone cares (a couple of these are pretty funny though):

Still a noob... (http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/isahn1.jpg)
First time to Neudaiz (http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/isahn2-1.jpg)
Talking shit (http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/isahn3.jpg)
Lesbian butt licking (http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/isahn4.jpg)
Last known sighting... (http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/isahn5.jpg)

FinalDragon
Nov 25, 2006, 05:58 PM
Ouch. My condolenses go out to you.

Parn
Nov 25, 2006, 06:01 PM
Yikes. I always had that voice in the back of my head asking me if I was sure I picked slot 4 when Iwas creating my armor PM when I went through that ordeal. My recommendation is to try to contact their support section and email them. The absolute worst case scenario is that they'll tell you 'no' to restoring your character and you'll have to start from scratch.

And even then, I wouldn't sweat it TOO much. Consider: you'll be able to catch back up in no time.

Polly
Nov 25, 2006, 06:08 PM
Shiiiiiiit :(

With the last patch, it seems that the character name in the slot (providing there is one) is saved in the name field of the creation screen as sort of a last reminder that "HAY YOU SURE BOUT THIS, GUY?" Which I guess doesn't mean much now...

Sorry dude :

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Triela on 2006-11-25 15:08 ]</font>

Wubbie
Nov 25, 2006, 06:27 PM
Damn, I feel for you... Same thing happened to me, only my little brother did it while I was out of town... and it was a Newman...

needless to say, he was level 16(The Newman) and my CAST was only 28 at the time... So I kept playing with the newman and I'm... 46 at the moment.

DizzyDi
Nov 25, 2006, 06:31 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
Damn Isahn. Thats pure booty, it was so much fun partying with you. Don't worry though, I'll help ya get back up there in no time...For a fee. =P

ProfessorZ
Nov 25, 2006, 06:36 PM
PWNAGE!! Damn I wouldn't plat PSU for the longest time if that happened to me

RedMachineD
Nov 25, 2006, 06:36 PM
Nice going, idiot. Hopefully that'll teach you to pay attention.

Eternal_Drake
Nov 25, 2006, 06:47 PM
No sympathy because it's your fault.

Hell, when I used to play Guild Wars [ugh awful game], I kept making new pvp chars and deleting them [they are auto max level], and I accidently deleted my level 20 mo/w [spec'd to solo UW, before Jewnet nerfed that]. Funny thing about that is, in Guild Wars you have to type your character's name to delete him/her, and yet I still managed to fuck up.

Natrokos
Nov 25, 2006, 06:58 PM
^ Good job pointing out that it's his fault......Considering he already admitted that.
And RedmachineD you've been here a week and posted twice...You don't have the right to come here and criticize a guy who hasn't done anything wrong.

I don't think you can recover your character bro but I hope you can. Peace

Authenticate
Nov 25, 2006, 07:01 PM
That's one of the main reasons I stare at the character select screen for at least 5 seconds to make sure slot 4 is the one glowing orange. >.> If I'm getting cast shells for Armor PM food, anyway.

Eternal_Drake
Nov 25, 2006, 07:03 PM
On 2006-11-25 15:58, Natrokos wrote:
^ Good job pointing out that it's his fault......Considering he already admitted that.
And RedmachineD you've been here a week and posted twice...You don't have the right to come here and criticize a guy who hasn't done anything wrong.

I don't think you can recover your character bro but I hope you can. Peace

Uh, yeah he did do something wrong. He deleted his main. Also RedmachineD has every right to criticize, just as we all have the right to criticize him.

Also, I am 100% postive that it is impossible for you to get your character back.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eternal_Drake on 2006-11-25 16:04 ]</font>

Pandatron
Nov 25, 2006, 07:06 PM
Sorry to hear what happen to ya there. I know when building my PM for my main character for pure armor i would at times be a bit paranoiaed about spacing out during the mindless process of harvesting to them. Most i guess we can all say is be more careful next time if you plan to do so.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 25, 2006, 07:16 PM
I don't know how this is even possible when the game retains the character name when you go to recreate.

I'm still really paranoid and this is why the character I use to recreate for armour/grinding is in my FIRST character slot, so there's no moving the joypad onto the wrong box. There's no moving it at all.

Eternal_Drake
Nov 25, 2006, 07:22 PM
On 2006-11-25 16:16, -Shimarisu- wrote:
I don't know how this is even possible when the game retains the character name when you go to recreate.

Don't know how what's possible, how both his old and new being named Ishan?

My character's name is Drake, and there are like, 2 other people on pc/ps2 servers with characters named Drake as well.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 25, 2006, 07:26 PM
He said he was harvesting cast parts, so it'd just be a junky button mashing name.

Niered
Nov 25, 2006, 07:30 PM
FUCK ISAHN! I partied with you just last night, you gimme your partner card saying to call you if you need a force...tsk tsk. Oh well. Good luck there buddy, Mail me if you need anything!

VelosofLight
Nov 25, 2006, 07:55 PM
This is why I don't delete and recreate characters for PM food or clothes/parts to sell, 'cause I'm not an idiot.

Try to cheat the system and it bites you in the ass. Karma.

-Black_Tiger-
Nov 25, 2006, 07:55 PM
I did the same thing to my highest save file in Phantasy Star II back in the day.

I was playing through one of the dams and used the Visa Phone to accidentally erase the top slot.

I think that was the turning point when I stopped playing that game over and over.

Nice to see how far thing have come nearly two decades later. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Danger_Girl
Nov 25, 2006, 08:04 PM
Ouch! That's painful. I've been fearing the same thing, and will be glad when I'm done with my PMs.

VelosofLight
Nov 25, 2006, 08:17 PM
Is noone listening to this?! Maybe try EARNING your stuff instead of cheating to get it. To boost armor, use Linear Lines and Sunflowers!

Kanore
Nov 25, 2006, 08:20 PM
On 2006-11-25 15:58, Natrokos wrote:

I have twice the amount of your posts. Therefore, I say that you have no right to criticize a guy who has only two posts.

Quit it with the 'omg you has no posts' shit now before it starts.

VelosofLight
Nov 25, 2006, 08:48 PM
Speaking of PMs, does anyone find it funny that PMS is censored? I have to use a tilde~ whenever I want to talk about my Partner Machines.

isahn80
Nov 25, 2006, 08:52 PM
Well, I e-mailed Sega and let them know (for whatever good it will do), but for now will be concentrating on my CAST alt.

Needless to say, as far as PM's go, I'm just sticking with 410-440.

Well, thanks for the sympathy guys; I'm rapidly getting over it and like Parn pointed out, it won't take me long to get Isahn back up to speed when I re-create him. I look forward to the day I play with you other high-levels again (you know who you are).