PDA

View Full Version : Welp, I can't decide on a sub weapon...

Zorafim
Nov 25, 2006, 08:34 PM
I was hoping to have both a two handed weapon and twin single handed weapons while leveling fortefighter, but dual claws aren't exactly the pinnacle of effectivaty. I don't know how effective knuckles are, but something tells me neither of its PAs are going to be good while being good looking, not to mention it not matching with my spear. If I sport any other dual weaponry, I'll have to suffer the A rank penalty.

Seems like my options are limited to either hoping that the third twin claw PA doesn't suck, or deal with having a weak pair of daggers...
Can anyone else think of any other small weapon types I could use?

Randomness
Nov 25, 2006, 08:36 PM
Hmm, I found twin daggers to be useful, while I was leveling HU to 3 on my Newman. The PA's ability to hit 3 seperate enemies is excellent, and the number of hits per enemy is also nice.

Zorafim
Nov 25, 2006, 08:40 PM
Twin daggers are my second favorite weapon type, seconded to spear. Ideally, I would level with spear, twin daggers, and single dagger, but the whole S rank thing prohibits that. The first twin dagger PA is also something to love, despite its silly appearance. Maybe I'll just eat the A rank penalty this time, and use twin daggers full time when leveling Figunner.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 25, 2006, 08:44 PM
I will personally slap every Fortefighter I see using anything but Axes, and Claws.

That aside...

Grind your Twin Daggers and keep them on your palette with your S-Rank Axe. As a Fortefighter your job is to kill stuff, and if you grind A-Rank Twin Daggers to a reasonable level you can pretend they are S-Rank Yohmei. I haven't seen any data on any S-Rank weapons, but unless it's some insane boost from A to S, I don't think it's much of a gimp if you grind and continue to use A-Rank TDs when you have S-Rank Axes. From what i've witnessed in game, and on various forums; including this one, you'd be one of very few with guts enough to grind an A-Rank weapon. This will give you somewhat of an advantage over everybody else. I don't think anybody is going to touch S Ranks outside of the first "Never fail" grind.

Before anybody says anything, I say again that i'm ignorant on the boost from A to S rank on weapons.

As a Fortefighter, take risks! Break 100 S-Rank Axes if it means you can finally get a +10 one! Be the best you can be and let everybody else gimp their weapons. We'll be the ones carrying the parties anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-25 17:47 ]</font>

DonRoyale
Nov 25, 2006, 08:52 PM
On 2006-11-25 17:44, Garnet_Moon wrote:
I will personally slap every Fortefighter I see using anything but Axes, and Claws.

As will I

Twin Daggers > You

Eternal_Drake
Nov 25, 2006, 08:55 PM
I agree, heaven forbid someone wants to play a class with the highest ATP but not use one of the slowest weapons in the game, or the other weapon with the awful PA.

Zorafim
Nov 25, 2006, 09:03 PM
You'll be slapping me alot then. As it stands, playing with swords was way too slow for me. I don't think I can stand playing with something both slower and uglier than swords. Beyond that, spears strike about as quickly as sabers and have enough damage to keep me happy, not to mention how their PAs kill things dead. Add in my fetish for poled weaponry, and my primary source of damage is apparent.

And as for the boost between A and S rank weaponry, I would say it's along the lines from C to B or from B to A. Notice how much better people with B rank weapons tend to kill things compared to people with C rank? I figure the change in damage would be about that much. This is why I'm hesitant to use a weapon type I can't perfect. Also, since they'd just be my secondary weapons, I'll spend more time perfecting my spears long before I would my daggers.

Sakura123
Nov 25, 2006, 09:09 PM
Eh, currently as a 41 hunter I'm carring every 5* weapon I'm allowed to use, each of one different element and each with its PA capped except for the Saber which is @14 and working on it. I just love having diversity in battle.

Personally I will master all the PA's of every A and S rank weapon a Fortefighter can equip, and will switch around them in battle. So you can start slapping me all you want right now xD.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sakura123 on 2006-11-25 18:13 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Nov 25, 2006, 09:10 PM
No, I don't notice people killing better than me with what few C ranks I have. It's probably because the C ranks in my armory have high grinds on them.

Ryoki
Nov 25, 2006, 09:55 PM
On 2006-11-25 17:55, Eternal_Drake wrote:
I agree, heaven forbid someone wants to play a class with the highest ATP but not use one of the slowest weapons in the game, or the other weapon with the awful PA.

I love the sarcasm! Anyways, about that Svaltus Sword, I swear that it got extra reach. If you could find that, it might make a nice addition.

________
Vaporizer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmixODIvAtM)

SonicTMP
Nov 25, 2006, 10:43 PM
Seeing as the japanese don't even have S rank yet. Get the best A rank of each when you can and have fun. Worry about min/maxing later once you get used to your new class and see how the new weapons/PA's work out.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 25, 2006, 10:48 PM
Nightwalker (9 star)
Rank A GRM Double Saber
ATA 114
ATP 335
PP 378

Crea Double (10 star)
Rank S Kubara Double Saber
ATA 128
ATP 352
PP 438

This isn't too much of an increase, but Kubara weapons aren't exactly known for starting out higher than other weapons of the same rank. In fact, some of them start off horrendously gimped without grinds.

As far as I know, this is the only S-Rank weapon found on Japanese servers. This is the only one i've heard of, but if others have been found then someome please correct me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-25 19:54 ]</font>