PDA

View Full Version : ME NEEDS FORCE ADVICE

Guitarsmasher
Nov 25, 2006, 09:57 PM
ok, im about to make a force.........any suggestions?? i MIGHT make it a wartecher, idk yet. im looking for advise like whether i should be a newman or human, what type of pm should i make, armor, weps, technics, stuff like tht

Xbob
Nov 25, 2006, 09:59 PM
Newman. PM doesn't matter. PM's are for noobs. Armor needs slots. Get tech/MST units, all technics, level resta often, and use rods. A wand is not recommended unless used for quick casting, which is generally useful for Resta, but I don't carry wands because I do not need them.

Eternal_Drake
Nov 25, 2006, 09:59 PM
If it isn't going to be a fortecher then dont bother with Newman.

Dragon_Knight
Nov 25, 2006, 10:04 PM
Well race doesn't particularly matter if you want to go wartecher route. But if you want to go pure force I would recomend finding an elemental spell you like and having resta/reverser close at hand. Try to have four rods (elemntas and resta) and two wands (just resta/reverer) also carry a bow or other gun type weapon you like and a saber for soloing. As for the PM your going to want a mind PM but it doesn't nessicaraly have to be your characters PM. Other wise a 410 or 420 is a good choice.

Ryoki
Nov 25, 2006, 10:26 PM
actually, I think you should go human force. You won't have to worry about taking damage as much. You still do amazing damage with them, my friend is a human force. As for pm, I recommend 410, since after it's striking goes over 30, you can just spam on the technic, making it a fighting pm that makes good FO weapons. (This should work, but i can't verify it.)

________
Honda vtx1800f (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_VTX1800F)

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 25, 2006, 10:27 PM
Sky's Force Strategy Guide!"

Hello hello~ Welcome Force newcommer!

So YOU want to be a force eh? You think you got the skills, eh? You think you can support your team and nuke at the same time, eh? if THIS is true, then you!!!!11! are perfect for a Force!1`~

Okay. Lets take it one step at a time~

Class!: Well now. I recommend becoming a newmn as well since they are the main players of a Force. Going ForteTecher is also good unless you want to be a battle force... WarTecher, Which I would reccomend other classes for that such as Human and beast.

*Why Beast for Wartecher?! Sounds crazy but... buffs and debuffs + alot of strength at hand...

Technics: Which to start off?! Well.. First off, buy resta and reverser. Anything else, you can go ahead and buy further. Which should you max first? AoE can be fast, so use the RA techs. They will cap faster than any of the single techs. Make sure when you attack, try to get the most out of your attacks by switching to elemental weaknesses.

Which one is the strongest?!~ Diga. Single, slow, yet efficient in power.

PM:~ Depending on how you would like to play.
PM model 410 or 420: Good for if you want to solo. You can let your PM fight while you maintain her status at the while, nuke.
PM model 450: My reccomendation. Why? Well... heh.eeheewawhaaahwah. o.o; You need to make your weapons of course. Switching between alt characters and such to make your weapons will be very slow. Besides... In the future, her other techs will be unlocked: ( Gibarta, Ramegid, Megiverse) so then you will be a power-house team http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Support Strategies!:

You need alot of eyes. One set on focusing status effects and health, while the other focusing on location of your group. When you are about to resta, it's best to get into a postion where you can tag the most people ( you dont want to waste a cast since It costs alot of money in the end.)

It's best to keep everyone's health above 75%. Once you are at a boss, it's necessary to keep them above 90%! unless you know that your group is good enough to survive. Why do I say 90? Well with bosses like Onmagoug and his lightening... You will see why...

OH yea: Block casting. Your #1 friend to a frontline force. the higher your def and the more your evasion, you can block-cast alot! making you a speed demon among casting~

OH yea: Rods and cane setups:

Depends if you want more damage by adding a few percentage, or not. I reccomend setting up ALL your RODS in a simple fashion. Like say.. Adding resta to -> on front of all your rods and reverser on (down)->. So you know that your support techs are at similar areas.

That's it! Well.. not really... Just cant think of anything at the moment o.o'

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-11-25 19:44 ]</font>

Xbob
Nov 25, 2006, 10:29 PM
On 2006-11-25 19:26, Ryoki wrote:
actually, I think you should go human force. You won't have to worry about taking damage as much. You still do amazing damage with them, my friend is a human force. As for pm, I recommend 410, since after it's striking goes over 30, you can just spam on the technic, making it a fighting pm that makes good FO weapons. (This should work, but i can't verify it.)

I've never had to worry about taking damage as a Newman. Knowing how to quickly use items on self rather than Resta is the #1 key to self-preservation.

And don't even REMIND me of guides...once I start writing a guide I never finish...Don't...make...me...write...an...in depth... FORCE GUIDE!!!

Dragon_Knight
Nov 25, 2006, 10:31 PM
Hmmm good I suppose but I find sticking to an elemnetal attack you like is better for 90% of the cases. The other 10% are ones with high MST where you might want to switch to the weakness, or just tag them and let others kill them.

Ryoki
Nov 25, 2006, 10:32 PM
On 2006-11-25 19:27, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
Sky's Force Strategy Guide!"

Hello hello~ Welcome Force newcommer!

So YOU want to be a force eh? You think you got the skills, eh? You think you can support your team and nuke at the same time, eh? if THIS is true, then you!!!!11! are perfect for a Force!1`~

Okay. Lets take it one step at a time~

Class!: Well now. I recommend becoming a newmn as well since they are the main players of a Force. Going ForteTecher is also good unless you want to be a battle force... WarTecher, Which I would reccomend other classes for that such as Human and beast.

*Why Beast for Wartecher?! Sounds crazy but... buffs and debuffs + alot of strength at hand...

Technics: Which to start off?! Well.. First off, buy resta and reverser. Anything else, you can go ahead and buy further. Which should you max first? AoE can be fast, so use the RA techs. They will cap faster than any of the single techs. Make sure when you attack, try to get the most out of your attacks by switching to elemental weaknesses.

Which one is the strongest?!~ Diga. Single, slow, yet efficient in power.

PM:~ Depending on how you would like to play.
PM model 410 or 420: Good for if you want to solo. You can let your PM fight while you maintain her status at the while, nuke.
PM model 450: My reccomendation. Why? Well... heh.eeheewawhaaahwah. o.o; You need to make your weapons of course. Switching between alt characters and such to make your weapons will be very slow. Besides... In the future, her other techs will be unlocked: ( Gibarta, Ramegid, Megiverse) so then you will be a power-house team http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Support Strategies!:

You need alot of eyes. One set on focusing status effects and health, while the other focusing on location of your group. When you are about to resta, it's best to get into a postion where you can tag the most people ( you dont want to waste a cast since It costs alot of money in the end.)

It's best to keep everyone's health above 75%. Once you are at a boss, it's necessary to keep them above 90%! unless you know that your group is good enough to survive. Why do I say 90? Well with bosses like Onmagoug and his lightening... You will see why...

That's it! Well.. not really... Just cant think of anything at the moment o.o'

Holy hell, you have just crushed everyone else's suggestions... Good Job! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

________
M271 engine (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_M271_engine)

Garnet_Moon
Nov 25, 2006, 10:39 PM
Clearly the "Newman" you see getting hit are Humans wearing novelty ears. Newmans don't get hit. We block everything. That's right. Everything. >.>

As for Human versus Newman for Wartecher? You don't get the snazzy lv21 PAs, but since you can get the Twin Crea Daggers then grind those and have fun with it. The current PA for those do nice damage with the right element. Add a few grinds and you'll be fine no matter what race you choose.

Don't forget to throw Megid at random stuff.

My Newman Female is going to cap out Guntecher to level 60 before I try the other advanced jobs, but a good candidate for my second choice is Wartecher.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-25 19:42 ]</font>

Invisus
Nov 25, 2006, 10:44 PM
PMs are for newbs...Yeah, until you need to make an S rank anything.

SonicTMP
Nov 25, 2006, 10:45 PM
On 2006-11-25 19:39, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Clearly the "Newman" you see getting hit are Humans wearing novelty ears. Newmans don't get hit. We block everything. That's right. Everything. >.>

for now at least. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif

Xbob
Nov 25, 2006, 11:06 PM
On 2006-11-25 19:44, Invisus wrote:

Or I could just save the billions it would take to level my PM and just buy my S-Rank.

Invisus
Nov 25, 2006, 11:07 PM
Because S ranks only cost 20 mil and pure PMs cost 890k for the most expensive. That makes perfect logical sense.

Guitarsmasher
Nov 25, 2006, 11:11 PM
wow, you guys dont know how much all of this info helps me out, thank you everyone!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Garnet_Moon
Nov 25, 2006, 11:14 PM
Gather materials to synth S Ranks over time, and then craft them for profit with your pure PM. Even if it took a month to see all the materials drop for you on your XP runs, that's still a nice chunk of change you can make. If the elemental % is high, you could easily double its price. PM's are for newbs? Right. Consider the profit you can make over time. One good synth can pay for your PM anyway.

Randomness
Nov 25, 2006, 11:15 PM
On 2006-11-25 20:06, Xbob wrote:

Or I could just save the billions it would take to level my PM and just buy my S-Rank.

Please. 166,700 meseta gets a pure ranged. A competent striking PM can be made for nearly free if you dont mind only 75 striking. Which amounts to a few percentage at most. Except for the nightmare that is Tech, PMs are not that expensive to raise.

Xbob
Nov 25, 2006, 11:17 PM
On 2006-11-25 20:15, Randomness wrote:

On 2006-11-25 20:06, Xbob wrote:

Please. 166,700 meseta gets a pure ranged. A competent striking PM can be made for nearly free if you dont mind only 75 striking. Which amounts to a few percentage at most. Except for the nightmare that is Tech, PMs are not that expensive to raise.

I am a Force. I need a Tech PM.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 25, 2006, 11:20 PM
You're looking at it the wrong way, Xbox.

Sure, it may take X Amount of meseta to create a PM, but you're forgetting something very important:

Once it is complete you don't have to do it again.

Anything after it is complete is profit.

Sure it takes a hefty chunk of meseta to get a pure Tech one right now, but eventually you will not only pay it off but also have a form of income. I don't know why but people love Hajirods. Personally I love my Rayharod +6 and Slyrod +6. You should be happy to take their meseta.

D:

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 25, 2006, 11:21 PM
Oh~ I've spent 880k to make my Tech PM to lvl 80. She's staying there and not leaving >:[

Yea.. It takes a while to get them to the required lvl... but patience is key. Buy lots of inexpensive rods, disks, etc. from player shops even! Or when you find a low lvl board for rods, place them in your PM so that she could make them just so she could eat it <3

Oh yea. I'm making good profit from my PM. I'm the only person Synthing Hajirods for 18k~ I can synth them regularly since I try to farm Me/quick every day. Brings alot of Neu Ash... atm I've made over half of what I spent on my pm. Good stuff.~

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-11-25 20:23 ]</font>

Spellbinder
Nov 25, 2006, 11:22 PM
For additional info on on Technics and whatnot, you might want to check out the guide in the other section of the forums:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=122405&forum=22&57

Wallin
Nov 25, 2006, 11:24 PM
On 2006-11-25 20:17, Xbob wrote:
I am a Force. I need a Tech PM.

You need a tech PM, but you also have 3 other character slots. Make a character you someday plan to make into a hunter and give them the tech PM so that your hunter can get free heals, and make yourself the striking PM so that you can heal it in combat.

It's also kind of a waste to buy all the techs because you won't use most of them. Diga is the strongest single target spell, perfect right now for anything, even against Ground monsters. Barta and some of the Ra-spells are good for hitting multiple targets, but you also really only need to pick one of those as well, otherwise you waste a lot of time leveling multiple skills slowly instead of getting one or two quickly to 20.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2006-11-25 20:28 ]</font>

Guitarsmasher
Nov 25, 2006, 11:24 PM
On 2006-11-25 20:22, Spellbinder wrote:
For additional info on on Technics and whatnot, you might want to check out the guide in the other section of the forums:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=122405&forum=22&57

o0o, cool guide

DonRoyale
Nov 26, 2006, 12:34 AM
Newman Force.

Make sure you DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANSES SPAM THE NOOBIVERSES.

Also, make a rod with the following techs:

-Diga
-Radiga
-Resta
-Reverser

And you should be fine.

Remedy
Nov 26, 2006, 03:49 AM
This is a good guide to Force gear.

Weapons:
Ulrod -> Rayharod -> Hajirod (Foie/Resta/Rafoie/Reverser)
Ulrod -> Rayharod -> Hajirod (Barta/Resta/Rabarta/Reverser)
Ulrod -> Rayharod -> Hajirod (Zonde/Resta/Razonde/Reverser)
Ulrod -> Rayharod -> Hajirod (Diga/Resta/Radiga/Reverser)
Ulrod -> Rayharod -> Hajirod (Resta/Reverser)
Compardi -> Baybari -> Alteric (Reisei-sou or Ensei-sou)

Armor and Slots:
<generic armor with head slot> -> Ageha-senba -> Gi-senba -> Hoza-senba
Hel/Force -> Gi/Magic -> Me/Quick
Mega/Wall -> Tero/Legs or Mega/Rainbow
Me/HP Restore

Follow the progression of the arrows for your upgrades. Anything not listed is probably not worth the money for the upgrade. (and Me/Concentrate is the biggest waste of Meseta this side of Neudaiz)

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 03:51 AM
Ionno if I'm going about the PM thing totally wrong, but I'm giving my characters the PM that'll best support them in battle. A Ranger PM for my Force, a Hunter PM for my Ranger, and a Force PM for my Hunter. That way I can get the items I need and still be able to solo with ease.

Wallin
Nov 26, 2006, 03:59 AM
On 2006-11-26 00:51, VelosofLight wrote:
Ionno if I'm going about the PM thing totally wrong, but I'm giving my characters the PM that'll best support them in battle. A Ranger PM for my Force, a Hunter PM for my Ranger, and a Force PM for my Hunter. That way I can get the items I need and still be able to solo with ease.

That's one of the better ways to do it (I say better because I'm sure someone will disagree otherwise), I have the same set up pretty much, my Wartecher gets the Ranged PM, Fortefighter/Figunner gets the Tech PM, Fortecher gets the Striking PM, and my Cast has the Armor PM.

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 04:01 AM
I don't have the patience to do an Armor PM...

All my PMs are impure, so they get a bit of armor mixed in there, but I think I'll do one of 'em armor-heavy, just need to get a form I like.

Wallin
Nov 26, 2006, 04:25 AM
Armor PMs aren't even worth it anyway. I spent all that time just so I could have my Gigaline's synth max out at a measly 56%. I gave the same PM a 5-star mechgun board today since I don't have my ranger PM yet, and it was 53% to start with. Armor is just messed up.

Sexy_Raine
Nov 26, 2006, 04:59 AM
Wartecher don't even deserve to be called forced since your tech ability will be nerfed. And your probably not if going to use offensive spells. If you want that class, please use human. Now if you want to be a real force(fortecher), please read on. Use a newman. Nanoblast is for noobs.

You will need the following: Foie, Barta, Diga, Radiga, and Rafoie.
Barta is already a multi hitting tech, so you won't need Rabarta yet. Plus it can hit up to 5 enenmies.

Have a least one bow. 2 cane and 3 rods. That's what I have. I have only one autogun and I pretty much use that for opening boxes since our ATP is crap.

Use strafe, I can't stress that enough. Depending on the situation it's sometimes easier to attack right in front of the enemies, you will miss less.

Be a good healer, support your party. Keep an eye on members location on the mini-map. Reveseer is optional , I only use it when people truly need it, such as paralysis and burn.

Good Luck, don't let people tell that being a force isn't worth it. We're more worth using than hunters are. Hunters are dissapointing in PSU, they're not that fun to use.

Spellbinder
Nov 26, 2006, 05:04 AM
Barta is already a multi hitting tech, so you won't need Rabarta yet. Plus it can hit up to 5 enenmies.

Just to nitpick http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif there doesn't seem to be a limit to how many enemies Barta can hit, as well as Zonde.

Remedy
Nov 26, 2006, 05:09 AM
This is so full of holes, I don't know where to start.

On 2006-11-26 01:59, Sexy_Raine wrote:
You will need the following: Foie, Barta, Diga, Radiga, and Rafoie.

A) Rabarta hits three enemies, but in an AoE radius. Barta is linear, and is uncapped on the number of targets it hits. Because of this, Barta is weak - Rabarta is SIGNIFICANTLY stronger than Barta. Use Rabarta on single-targets and multiple targets that you can't get in a straight line.

B) Where the hell is Zonde, Razonde, Resta, and Reverser? (We already discussed Rabarta)

Have a least one bow. 2 cane and 3 rods. That's what I have. I have only one autogun and I pretty much use that for opening boxes since our ATP is crap.

Have a bow: Good
Have 2 canes: LOL

Protip: 4% more damage on a spell that does 600 damage is 24. Now, I don't know about you, but having fast access to Resta (by putting Resta and Reverser on all 5 of my rods) is a LOT better than 24 damage. Letting people die is bad, just so you know.

Also, Wands are a freaking liability. They have absolutely piss-poor PP pools, and you'll find yourself wasting money on Photon Charges just to be useful. Plus, you're wasting an entire hand if you don't use a gun, and if you are using a gun, you're a waste of a party slot.

Be a good healer, support your party. Keep an eye on members location on the mini-map. Reveseer is optional , I only use it when people truly need it, such as paralysis and burn.

So if a Hunter/Ranger gets Shocked/Poisoned/Virused/Jellened/Zalured/Zoldeeled, you're supposed to let them sit there and wait it out? Also, how can you heal if you tell people earlier in your post to only get "Foie, Barta, Diga, Radiga, and Rafoie"?

Hunters are dissapointing in PSU, they're not that fun to use.

This is like... the only part of anything I agree with, other than the "heal people" and "use a bow" parts.

Edit 1: Included Jellen/Zalure/Zoldeel to the list of statuses that Forces should Reverser as well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Remedy on 2006-11-26 02:11 ]</font>

industrial
Nov 26, 2006, 05:13 AM
On 2006-11-26 00:51, VelosofLight wrote:

That's totally correct though I would also take into consideration:

your race(for npc in case you have an odd job/race combo)
ranged PMs seem very weak & dumb
healing PM is broken atm

Force + 410 is sweet
Hunter + 450 used to be
Ranger + 450 + Lou used to be

industrial
Nov 26, 2006, 05:19 AM
Wartecher don't even deserve to be called forced since your tech ability will be nerfed.

Um, resta? Ultimate solo machine? Buffs? Hello?
Beast wartecher = unstoppable solo machine? Possible!

Sexy_Raine
Nov 26, 2006, 05:27 AM
Um, right now 3 rods are all I need to get me through any mission. Please don't tell me what the fuck I need, my parties do fine.

Remedy
Nov 26, 2006, 05:32 AM
Well yeah, when all you do is mindlessly use (Ra)Foie and (Ra)Diga and Resta, three rods will get you through most C- and B-rank missions.

Real missions (read: A-rank stuff like Demons Above, Grove of Fanatics, Holy Ground, and others) will tax your PP, both in the fact that you're constantly elemental switching to maximize damage (read: ZONDE DOES MORE FREAKING DAMAGE TO EARTH MOBS THAN DIGA DOES.) and more healing due to more damage income. You try running Grove of Fanatics A, Holy Ground A, or Demons Above A and tell me you didn't drain your "3 rods" at least more than once. I use five +3 Hajirods (one of each element + heal techs and one for resta/reverser only) and I'm out on all four offensive rods and probably at half PP on my healing rod by the time I get to a boss recharge cube.

Wands are garbage and are only good for leveling techniques.

Sexy_Raine
Nov 26, 2006, 06:15 AM
I'll admit, I do need recharges if it isn't a party of 5 or 6. But I do like the faster speed of wands. Rods cast so slow, but they are better at being able to last, you're right about that. I take back what I said about the autogun, I do use it to drop flying enemies. I've done Neidaiz relics A runs plenty of times.

May I ask one thing? Is there unit coming out the increses the speed of PP restoration?

Gazette
Nov 26, 2006, 06:19 AM
There is, though it doesn't help out too much.
(The only JP recorded one I've seen slows your cast time as well)
Don't expect Remedy's info to be the end-all guide to FO wisdom.

Best thing you can do is play the game how you'd best enjoy playing it.
Just be smart about your equip and how you use your PP.
While Wands do suffer a quite a bit compared to the Rods in the PP department, a smart FO should be able to make efficient use of what they have.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2006-11-26 03:51 ]</font>