PDA

View Full Version : ***SPOILER*** Last boss question and story question

BlindDraken
Nov 25, 2006, 11:18 PM
So you all know how magashi turns into the dulk fakis thing right? well i wanted to know if its just me or is he a copy off of Dark Falz and Olga flow? Also i heard that there are online story missions http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif where can i do these and how and do they have to do with the story anyway?

Garnet_Moon
Nov 25, 2006, 11:23 PM
If he was a copy of Dark Falz he wouldn't have sucked. D:

But yes, it's essentially the same thing as Dark Falz. Though, I should say nothing; absolutely NOTHING even hints at Magashi being possessed by some dark conscious, so i'm just gonna say they are only related by "Dark" in their name. The story mode is completely broken. Nothing is ever explained and more questions are raised with each "answer" given.

I'm sure there is some lineage with the line of evil entities, but honestly, I don't see anything of it in PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-25 20:25 ]</font>

BlindDraken
Nov 25, 2006, 11:26 PM
lol thanks AGAIN Garnet_Moon! ^_^

Kanore
Nov 25, 2006, 11:34 PM
Magashi... turns... oh god dammit why did I click this topic T_T

BlindDraken
Nov 25, 2006, 11:56 PM
ROFL LMFAO!!

SolRiver
Nov 25, 2006, 11:57 PM
Well... the story continues... online.

Almost forgot to say... JP are the only one with story mission online so far.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2006-11-25 20:57 ]</font>

Q_Anon
Nov 26, 2006, 12:24 AM
Nothing is ever explained and more questions are raised with each "answer" given.

Welcome to life.

DonRoyale
Nov 26, 2006, 12:35 AM
On 2006-11-25 20:23, Garnet_Moon wrote:
If he was a copy of Dark Falz he wouldn't have sucked. D:

True dat

Banert
Nov 26, 2006, 01:00 AM
It's sad but true...18 hours of my life and no answers given. What happens to Curtz? What are the SEED? Who does that Hal chick think she is anyways? And why the heck to A-photon scientists feel the urge to have red mushroom cuts! Seriously, I hope we get some answers online.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 26, 2006, 03:34 AM
I wanna know why Gendou Ikari died so early in the game. Isn't he supposed to be immortal? D:<

SabZero
Nov 26, 2006, 04:49 AM
Wait - Magashi was "revived" by the SEED, after Ethan and Tylor kill him. here's your evil possession...

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 04:50 AM
On 2006-11-26 00:34, Garnet_Moon wrote:
I wanna know why Gendou Ikari died so early in the game. Isn't he supposed to be immortal? D:<

He ate my S2 organ! T-T

Creasian
Nov 26, 2006, 05:33 AM
On 2006-11-26 01:49, SabZero wrote:
Wait - Magashi was "revived" by the SEED, after Ethan and Tylor kill him. here's your evil possession...

He wasnt possessed. Infused yes... but he had control over himself. He wasnt like Dark falz or Olga at all where they had no control over their distorted bodies.

Arieta
Nov 26, 2006, 10:38 AM
Really didn't seem to be a need to say what the SEED where, at least not yet. They gave it the generic Sci-Fi movie motive for the SEED. Some alien force from another place that is attracted to where these guys live and warp over till they win. Done it before, will do it again, yadda yadda yadda.

Who was Gendou Ikari anyways? The only people I remember dieing were the scientists.

Arieta
Nov 26, 2006, 10:41 AM
On 2006-11-25 22:00, Banert wrote:
It's sad but true...18 hours of my life and no answers given. What happens to Curtz? What are the SEED? Who does that Hal chick think she is anyways? And why the heck to A-photon scientists feel the urge to have red mushroom cuts! Seriously, I hope we get some answers online.

What matters what happens to Curtz? He's just a military guy. He lived, and he'll go back to doing what he's done for hundreds of years, military stuff.

Hal's just a reporter that most people think is nothing more then a computer program (so says the info about her chartacter). Not sure what you mean by your comment though? She's faily monotone and doesn't seem to have a attitude if that's what you're going at.

Sinue_v2
Nov 27, 2006, 07:38 PM
He wasnt possessed.

You don't know that. We were never presented with a pre- or post- Megashi, or a settei for the game's storyline, so right now the answer is ambiguous, and may end up being revealed through the online missions.

If were weren't given the backstory to Lassic, you wouldn't have known he was possessed (originally, at least). If the Governer of Motavia had died before PSI's end, you wouldn't have known he was possessed. If Rulakir hadn't been freed from the darkness before his death, you wouldn't have known he was possessed. The Earthmen, similarly, were possessed at some level - as was Neifirst, Siren, Dr. Osto, Ult, ect. Though their possession wasn't direct - more like their ambitions were already there - but were amplified and twisted by his influence to Dark Force's purposes.

There are true villans in PS, and Dark Force/Falz shouldn't take credit for every tragedy that occurs in PS - but he IS a god - and he does what it takes to make sure the pawns fall in line with his own ambitions.

Weither Megashi was a villan or not before becoming aquanted with the darkness is up for debate - but it's certain that he IS at least partially controlled and bound to the darkness.

Also - Olga Flow is NOT IN PSU. He was strictly a PSO Ep II enemy because of his ties with that particular game's storyline. Expecting him to come back would be like expecting Seth or Zio to make a return. It's not going to happen. Not to mention that Olga Flow in and of itself was not truely a seperate enemy from Dark Falz. He was an extension of Dark Falz, created from Dark Falz. He was seperate from Falz in a similar way that Dark Force was a seperate entity from the Profound Darkness. The only reason they clashed in Ep III's storyline is because Rico and Flowen still exerted some small modicum of control over their bodies which this being inhabited.

The most you can hope for as far as Olga Flow is concerned is a tribute enemy, which is similar to - but not the same as Olga. There may also be a few references like room decorations and whatnot. However, he is not in the game as a plot device in any shape or form.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2006-11-27 16:44 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Nov 27, 2006, 07:52 PM
They gave it the generic Sci-Fi movie motive for the SEED. Some alien force from another place that is attracted to where these guys live and warp over till they win.

Heh, that's actually the exact same plot device as Gears of War. Humanity discovers Immulsion, a new power source. Their drilling and their use of it attracts the Locust hordes which were living undetected under the ground. The horde then proceeds to wage war on humanity... yadda, yadda, yadda...

I agree though... it's horribly overused. If they were going to rip-off generic sci-fi themes, I wish they would at least do it on some more popular or obscure sources. The entire original PS series, has a very "H.P. Lovecraft-ish" Chutulu feel to it - and PSII in particular seems at least partially based on H.G. Well's Time Machine.

JamesKilton
Nov 27, 2006, 08:09 PM
Well I just finished story-mode and man am I dissapointed. Worst final-game boss fight ever, it took no effort at all. My 7* 30% Light Spear made quick work of the two Magashi-forms. Nothing is explained, nothing is even hinted. Stuff just happens, I kill Magashi (finally...) and the game is over (mushy crappy script for a love story).

Very much like a Brian Singer film, ST doesn't know how to end a game.

Silve
Nov 27, 2006, 10:18 PM
Magashi survived, and has shown up in a few episode 2 missions. Curtz is also completely alive and back to being a commander on Parum, but he likes having his helmet off. The Seed are just infectious parasites as far as I know.

Astarin
Nov 28, 2006, 01:25 AM
On 2006-11-25 20:23, Garnet_Moon wrote:
The story mode is completely broken. Nothing is ever explained and more questions are raised with each "answer" given.

In this respect, Story mode is a lot like PSO's main game. If you read every capsule left by Rico, some of your questions about what happend on Pioneer I were answered, but a lot more questions came up.

Both games created worlds and basically hinted at a lot of events, conspiracies, characters and history. A lot of interesting ideas were presented in PSO, if you looked hard enough; some of them were explored in the various Quests that came later.

Hopefully, PSU's world will expand in the same way. I'd like to know more about the Endrum Collective and it's creator, the war which raged between the races, the Communion of Gurhal, and the previous struggles between the SEED and the creators of the RELICs.

ZiG
Nov 28, 2006, 02:19 AM
Eh... I didn't even use all of the PP on my 7* spear. I used about half... at lvl57. Almost every enemy of the HIVE was more of a challenge than Dulk, lol... The Sorcerer wannabes, man...