PDA

View Full Version : Walkthrough: The Impossibly Correct Guide to Be a Force! MU

Xbob
Nov 25, 2006, 11:44 PM
Because guides seem so rare these days, and I love typing for no real purpose for hours on end... I present to you...

The Amazing Perfectly Correct I-Cannot-Ever-Be-Wrong Xbob's guide to Forcery!
Everything in this guide is completely based on my perspective of being a Force. If you don't like it, you're quite obviously a noob.
Step 1: Creating your character

Before we get down to combat basics, let's work on cosmetics! Here's a few cliches to avoid when creating your Force! You can choose whatever you like, but you'll probably be made fun of and just generally be not as cool as me if you don't follow these simple guidelines.

- No blue hair.
- Choose whatever outfit you like, you'll change it anyway.
- If you're under 4 feet, your character must be deleted.
- Strange Forces stand out. 400 pounds of beef healing you is more memorable than a midget with a bad attitude and blue hair.
- Definitely no blue hair.
- Dude I said no friggin' blue hair!!!!
- Avoid names from video games. Why? Because it's dumb. You're dumb. Shut up.
- Avoid names from anime.
- Choose names from a baby book or from the most epic parts of the Bible. Or something hilarious like TwoHawtFourU.
- If you see more than 2 people with your name within the first 10 minutes of gameplay, you chose poorly.

Hopefully you'll have an excellent name by now and are ready to take your first digital steps as an Xbob™ built Force in no time! Now, we get down to the basics.

Step 2: Gearing up

If this is your first character, than you're free to skip this step and move to the next.

If this is your second, third or possibly fourth character, then you'll have the cold hard cash it takes to make your Force sexy. First off, if you're a solo kinda guy, which I'm now, pick up a bow or two for non-elemental enemies. Second, buy all the spells.

Here's a rundown of what you'll need:

- 4 Staves. They have more PP and TAP. They're downside is they take slightly longer to cast.
- 2 Wands. Since you'll be new, you won't be too awesome with casting just yet. So you'll want to move your Resta to this so you can heal quickly.
- Fill up on monomates. If you're gonna heal yourself, use mates, not Resta. The reasons are too many to count. Just do it.
- If you're not poor, stock up on Photon Charges for later. Don't worry about Scapes until around the time your first character started getting kicked for getting pwned in games. For me, I've always had scapes and avoided death. I'm good like that.
- As stated above, buy all the spells and a few bullet elements for your bows if you bought any. I equip one element per weapon, but you can mix and match at these low levels without anyone worrying too much, it also helps to have resta on each weapon if you're not used to switching quickly.
- A fresh change of pants.
- Try to find or synth low level armor with slots and buy some force units. It's obvious which they are, +Tech and +MST.

Okay, so you've got the gear, but do you have the beef??

Step 3: Starting your journey

Wherever you choose to start, know your elements. Maybe you paid attention as a hunter or a hunter (A rang...what?) or maybe you didn't, but it goes as follows:

Foie (Fire) <==> Barta (Ice)
Diga (Earth) <==> Zonde (Lightning)
Grants (Light) <==> Megid (Dark)

For your several first levels, you don't have to worry too much, dodge the extremely slow moving enemies and do your mega damage that outclasses everyone else.

Step 4: Healing, Healing and making the pain go away

Above all else, you are a healbot. Do not let others let you think you are anything else. You have Resta. Use it.

No, not really, but it's a fair call. You are currently the only class with Resta. Don't deprive your party of it because it, for whatever reason, offends you. If your team is taking hits, nothing increases your overall damage than keeping the real damage dealers alive. Of course you need your hits in too, so never sit there with nothing but a Resta staff equipped waiting for someone to take 50 points worth of damage, use your AoE as often as possible and get that exp!

Oh, and the PP charge for refilling your Resta staff generally will scarcely add up to little more than a single monomate, so unless you're some kind of mentally deficient fool, use it often!

It also helps to carry Star Atomizers in case of dire emergencies where you may not have any PP left or Resta won't be quick enough. Monomates for yourself at 100% recommended as you cannot take much damage, you're expected to not be all that close to begin with, but you still may get hit! Be ready for it.

Carry Scapes and Moon Atomizers at all times. This goes for every class. No one cares how good you think you are, don't risk everyone's S-Rank (Not that it's THAT important, but still, courtesy.) for your ego points. Besides, if you never die, no one will know you're carrying Scapes, right?

Step 5: You are not Di'Groth, the Invincible Fire God of Hell

So stay away from the Dragon's side and his ass, you will die very fast there.

Step 6: Your Partner Machinery and You

Personally I don't have the time or cash to level a Tech PM, but you probably do, Pizza Face. So if you're going to do it, it's best to start off with cheap rods/wands or techniques. It's going to be an expensive, slow and grueling process, but you can do it kiddo. Once it's done I'm sure you'll be very happy with it. I'll save my cash to purchase my S-Ranks.

That's all for now! Come back when I'm not playing Final Fantasy 3!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xbob on 2006-11-25 20:45 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xbob on 2006-11-25 20:51 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xbob on 2006-11-26 00:11 ]</font>

Kanore
Nov 25, 2006, 11:45 PM
- No blue hair.

I stopped there.

God dammit, fuck you T_T

http://zenixstudios.com/x/a4b50withoppai.JPG

D:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kanore on 2006-11-25 20:46 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 25, 2006, 11:46 PM
wah, wonderful o.o'

Wallin
Nov 25, 2006, 11:48 PM
You just contradicted half of the things you said in the other post where the guy was asking how to start his Force...

FenixStryk
Nov 25, 2006, 11:50 PM
LOL @ blue hair. It's so true. xD

Good guide. Step 4 is by far something every god damned Force in the game should know.

Xbob
I didn't contradict them, I just gave the reasons why I wouldn't do it personally, but am making a fair comparison.

Also I know there is a more "comprehensive" guide out, but I found it too long and detailing points which don't matter all too much just yet. I find a simple guide to work with is fine, and experience is your true guide.

RedMachineD
Kanore, you faggot, you can't go five feet down the road without failing miserably.

edit: Call off your dogs, mods, I'm in the same group as that douchebag.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedMachineD on 2006-11-25 20:55 ]</font>

Kanore
Nov 25, 2006, 11:51 PM
On 2006-11-25 20:50, RedMachineD wrote:
Kanore, you faggot, you can't go five feet down the road without failing miserably.

but i sprinkle magic fairy dust and peoples health bars go WOOP

SolRiver
Nov 25, 2006, 11:52 PM
I think this guide was made out of a rant, and for the sake of FenixStryk. Congrats.

Nukei
Nov 25, 2006, 11:55 PM
Whhaaat? Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?...

Xbob
Nov 25, 2006, 11:55 PM
On 2006-11-25 20:52, SolRiver wrote:
I think this guide was made out of a rant, and for the sake of FenixStryk. Congrats.

Not quite. But it may as well have been. The full story is when I see posts asking about my class, and see guides linked, I have an urge to make a guide myself. Normally I make extremely large and detailed guides, my Paladin guide for FFXI was like a Bible, but for PSU I figure it's not too hard to figure out the details, just give it a shot. I do plan to add more, however.

RedMachineD
Nov 25, 2006, 11:56 PM
On 2006-11-25 20:51, Kanore wrote:

On 2006-11-25 20:50, RedMachineD wrote:

but i sprinkle magic fairy dust and peoples health bars go WOOP

True.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 25, 2006, 11:57 PM
On 2006-11-25 20:44, Xbob wrote:
- Choose names from a baby book or from the most epic parts of the Bible. Or something hilarious like TwoHawtFourU.
- If you see more than 2 people with your name within the first 10 minutes of gameplay, you chose poorly.

I haven't seen Byako, Suzaku, Genbu or Kirin yet, so I think the name for my Newman is OK.

As for Ura? Right. Like anybody else could spell it properly anyway.

Xbob
Nov 25, 2006, 11:58 PM
On 2006-11-25 20:55, Nukei wrote:

Whhaaat? Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?...

Because Forces have to meet height requirements. Your staff can be taller than you, but not your wand.

_Deliverance_
Nov 25, 2006, 11:59 PM
Decent advice on some points, but.....
#1 De Ragan's hind quarters are fine. Just don't be a noob. Pay attention, get out of the way when he turns his head.

#2 Your girlfriend didn't complain about my blue hair.

Nukei
Nov 26, 2006, 12:00 AM
And why should your wand not be taller than you?

RedMachineD
Nov 26, 2006, 12:00 AM
On 2006-11-25 20:57, Garnet_Moon wrote:

I haven't seen Byako, Suzaku, Genbu or Kirin yet, so I think the name for my Newman is OK.

Would it kill you people NOT to use a Japanese name?

Xbob
Nov 26, 2006, 12:02 AM
On 2006-11-25 20:59, _Deliverance_ wrote:
Decent advice on some points, but.....
#1 De Ragan's hind quarters are fine. Just don't be a noob. Pay attention, get out of the way when he turns his head.

#2 Your girlfriend didn't complain about my blue hair.

#1 Better not to have anybody risk it because it "can" be safe. Stay where it "is" safe.

#2 That's because you dye yours. Your manbush is still green.

On 2006-11-25 21:00, Nukei wrote:
And why should your wand not be taller than you?

The international standards of anti-noobery decreed it a law 25 light cycles ago.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xbob on 2006-11-25 21:05 ]</font>

Wallin
Nov 26, 2006, 12:03 AM
On 2006-11-25 21:00, RedMachineD wrote:

They're just paying their respects to Sega of Japan, that's all. Yes, that's it... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

RedMachineD
Nov 26, 2006, 12:04 AM
On 2006-11-25 21:03, Wallin wrote:

They're just paying their respects to Sega of Japan, that's all. Yes, that's it... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Fuckin weeaboos should pay respect to a fucking bullet is what they should do.

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 26, 2006, 12:07 AM
lol My character falls under most of your DONTS ;p

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e349/skyepic/psu20061126_140239_009.jpg

Garnet_Moon
Nov 26, 2006, 12:08 AM
Red, you're an annoyance that i'm going to squash when we get PvP.

RedMachineD
Nov 26, 2006, 12:09 AM
On 2006-11-25 21:08, Garnet_Moon wrote:

And you're no better than Fred Gallagher.

Xbob
Nov 26, 2006, 12:11 AM
Gallagher IS one of my most hated "artists."

The guy is a total weirdo, he'd fit right in anywhere around Japan.

_Deliverance_
Nov 26, 2006, 12:12 AM
Red, that was weak...
And Xbob, you have Sonic the fucking hedgehog as your avatar.... ;>.> lol

Nukei
Nov 26, 2006, 12:12 AM
@red machine: You seem to have had a bad day today.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nukei on 2006-11-25 21:12 ]</font>

Xbob
Nov 26, 2006, 12:13 AM
Well I couldn't find Rambo.

Eternal_Drake
Nov 26, 2006, 12:19 AM
On 2006-11-25 21:08, Garnet_Moon wrote:

Haha, yeah he is going to own you when we get pvp. Oh wait just kidding, we arent ever going to get pvp.

DonRoyale
Nov 26, 2006, 12:20 AM
If you don't like it, you're quite obviously a noob.

-The things I disagree with.

Look, just cause I'm a Force doesn't mean my name doesn't have to be original. I've had the name as my main character for almost two years now, I'm not about to change it.

And I'm not a noob for disagreeing with that statement either. >>

This is a good guide, this should be stickied.

Mind telling me your beef with blue hair? oO

Xbob
Nov 26, 2006, 12:22 AM
On 2006-11-25 21:20, SereneShadows wrote:

Look, just cause I'm a Force doesn't mean my name doesn't have to be original. I've had the name as my main character for almost two years now, I'm not about to change it.

Yes, your name has to be original, and for diagreeing you ARE a noob.

And my beef with blue hair dates back thousands of years, when the first Japanophile was born.

Puppet_Papaya
Nov 26, 2006, 12:24 AM
And you're no better than Fred Gallagher.
*clap clap clap*

I agree with everything said in this thread. I agree with this thread. We are pals.

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 26, 2006, 12:24 AM
On 2006-11-25 21:20, SereneShadows wrote:

You're right. Names dont really matter. (Looks to left* Isnt that right DAVID? TOM? GEORGE?) Yea. name doesnt matter even in real life. It's the meaning behind them~

RedMachineD
Nov 26, 2006, 12:38 AM
On 2006-11-25 21:12, Nukei wrote:

EVERY DAY IS A BAD DAY

Kanore
Nov 26, 2006, 01:09 AM
On 2006-11-25 21:38, RedMachineD wrote:

EVERY DAY IS A BAD DAY

it's cause RMD is fat irl

no i'm serious

RedMachineD
Nov 26, 2006, 01:22 AM
On 2006-11-25 22:09, Kanore wrote:

On 2006-11-25 21:38, RedMachineD wrote:

EVERY DAY IS A BAD DAY

it's cause RMD is fat irl

no i'm serious

Xerion12: doesnt mean you weeaboo

Choja
Nov 26, 2006, 01:27 AM
Keep going. Even if you keep farting flames, I will always get to eat and digest my cake.
...wow, sickness is getting to me.
Hey Xbob, does white with a tint of blue count as "omfgno!"?

Kuai
Nov 26, 2006, 01:38 AM
don't forget no red eyes either

Xbob
Nov 26, 2006, 01:40 AM
On 2006-11-25 22:27, Choja wrote:
Keep going. Even if you keep farting flames, I will always get to eat and digest my cake.
...wow, sickness is getting to me.
Hey Xbob, does white with a tint of blue count as "omfgno!"?

I'm talking about dark or sky blue. Not whitey blue.

Remedy
Nov 26, 2006, 02:18 AM
This is a good guide to Force gear.

Weapons:
Ulrod -> Rayharod -> Hajirod (Foie/Resta/Rafoie/Reverser)
Ulrod -> Rayharod -> Hajirod (Barta/Resta/Rabarta/Reverser)
Ulrod -> Rayharod -> Hajirod (Zonde/Resta/Razonde/Reverser)
Ulrod -> Rayharod -> Hajirod (Diga/Resta/Radiga/Reverser)
Ulrod -> Rayharod -> Hajirod (Resta/Reverser)
Compardi -> Baybari -> Alteric (Reisei-sou or Ensei-sou)

Armor and Slots:
Ageha-senba -> Gi-senba -> Hoza-senba
Hel/Force -> Gi/Magic -> Me/Quick
Mega/Wall -> Tero/Legs or Mega/Rainbow
Me/HP Restore

Follow the progression of the arrows for your upgrades. Anything not listed is probably not worth the money for the upgrade. (and Me/Concentrate is the biggest waste of Meseta this side of Neudaiz)

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 02:27 AM
On 2006-11-25 21:04, RedMachineD wrote:

On 2006-11-25 21:03, Wallin wrote:

Fuckin weeaboos should pay respect to a fucking bullet is what they should do.

Personally, I think Japanese names just sound more interesting than, say, 'Frank' ? I wonder if the Japanese use English names, though. Y'know, de-Romanized.

Also, my Force is a black chick with rose-ish hair, like a light pink color. She's about 5'6" or so. Do I get points for that? (I used a Japanese name, but, c'mon, I didn't see anyone else with it.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VelosofLight on 2006-11-25 23:29 ]</font>

Eternal_Drake
Nov 26, 2006, 02:30 AM
Neither english or japanese names are interesting.

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 02:37 AM
So should we start doing middle-eastern ones? I've seen way too many Ahmeds already.

Eternal_Drake
Nov 26, 2006, 02:38 AM
heavy sigh

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 02:40 AM
Don't you emote at me! Answer the question. If not English and not Japanese, not Middle-Eastern and not stolen from video games, what now? Binary code? 1337? I shall name myself 630|263 //. 8|_|5|-|.

Eternal_Drake
Nov 26, 2006, 02:41 AM
On 2006-11-25 23:40, VelosofLight wrote:
Don't you emote at me! Answer the question. If not English and not Japanese, not Middle-Eastern and not stolen from video games, what now? Binary code? 1337? I shall name myself 630|263 //. 8|_|5|-|.

Who said anything about video games?

Also just generic everyday names are sort of extremely fucking gay, regardless of geographic orientation.

Paperluigi
Nov 26, 2006, 02:42 AM
Stop using homo names and start using names that I use, like "Pope Mobile".

Oh yeah, fucking furries.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Paperluigi on 2006-11-25 23:42 ]</font>

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 02:46 AM
On 2006-11-25 23:41, Eternal_Drake wrote:

On 2006-11-25 23:40, VelosofLight wrote:

Who said anything about video games?

Also just generic everyday names are sort of extremely fucking gay, regardless of geographic orientation.

Then what the hell are we to name ourselves? Blargleschmenglesblaght? I mean, it's original, but... really. I think somewhat non-insane names give characters are more non-fake feel. Names like Pope Mobile are good too though.

Paperluigi
Nov 26, 2006, 02:47 AM
*Names like Pope Mobile are the best though.

Fix'd.

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 02:48 AM
So let's think of some of those kinds of names.
Pope Mobile, right?
What about 'Random Machinegun Fire'?
'Spontaneous Combustion'
'HIV Positive'
And so forth.

Xbob
Nov 26, 2006, 02:48 AM
How about Squeegee Joe?

I give out free Squeegee Jobs...

Paperluigi
Nov 26, 2006, 02:50 AM
Yeah, names like "The AIDS" or "Dysentary"

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 02:52 AM
I RP my characters, so I need real semi-believeable names. Though a large white CAST named Pope Mobile would be hilarious.

Choja
Nov 26, 2006, 02:53 AM
Originality has been lost. No one can make a normal name nowadays?

And that is why I rise, with a book with one hand and a gatling gun in another, ready to take on the next day. Convert the non-believers, obliterate the defiant, for I am... Choja Hiragawa.
... /drama

Besides, I ripped it and grinded and sawed letters until I got this result of a name. >_>

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 02:54 AM
I like it. Does it mean anything?

Paperluigi
Nov 26, 2006, 02:54 AM
It means "Fur fag weeagay"

Paperluigi
Nov 26, 2006, 02:55 AM
Speaking of good names.... Fur Fag Weeagay remains unused I think.

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 02:56 AM
Someone needs to name a character 'Tits~or~GTFO'. The tilde is the ultimate PSU censordodge.

Choja
Nov 26, 2006, 02:56 AM
On 2006-11-25 23:54, VelosofLight wrote:
I like it. Does it mean anything?

Point Choja is a spot on that mountain Fujisomething. The Japanese mountain, you know. Right? I made it up, and it happens to actually exist! What a surprise it was, and now I'm pretty sure I've gone insane. Fourteen personalities is a little too much to handle, really.

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 02:58 AM
Can I eat numbers 2, 3, 5, 7, 12, 14, and 17? That'll leave you with 1, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18, 19, and 20. More than enough, right?

#10 was donated to charity. Shut up. I can totally count and you can't say otherwise.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VelosofLight on 2006-11-25 23:59 ]</font>

Choja
Nov 26, 2006, 03:01 AM
On 2006-11-25 23:58, VelosofLight wrote:
Can I eat numbers 2, 3, 5, 7, 12, 14, and 17? That'll leave you with 1, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18, 19, and 20. More than enough, right?

...Uhh, what? Let's just go back to the topic of naming names, really. Besides, it's most likely all 14 personalities' names aren't taken. HAHAHAHA! Yes, they are all that unique. >_>

EDIT: Except for the one I'm using, of course.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Choja on 2006-11-26 00:02 ]</font>

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 03:02 AM
Wait, you said 14? I thought you said 20. And I forgot the number 10 when I counted. Gah, I need to sleep. This is getting stupid.

Katrina
Nov 26, 2006, 03:04 AM
I propose Xbob change his name to "Chad Beefcake"

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 03:07 AM
Seconded.

Xbob
Nov 26, 2006, 03:08 AM
Chad Beefcake huh? Buttcake sounds nice but Chad Beefcake? I like it.

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 03:10 AM
I feel as though I may have made a terrible mistake. Tell me, what will this Chad Beefcake look like, so I'll know if I bump into him?

Xbob
Nov 26, 2006, 03:11 AM
He'll definitely fit the beefcake profile.

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 03:12 AM
There are many different cuts of beef....

Vhex
Nov 26, 2006, 03:13 AM

I have names of the God Sheilds in PSO. =/

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 03:15 AM
Well, I believe your characters' ID numbers show when they were created, right? So if you see someone else, you just need to look at their number, and whoever has the lower number gets to be the original.

Xbob
Nov 26, 2006, 03:23 AM
http://home.comcast.net/~iso4days/Chadbeefcake.JPG

industrial
Nov 26, 2006, 03:25 AM
Was this suppose to be a joke? Your guide is like saying:

carry lots of staves cuz they are better but rods because ur a sux nub, blue hair makes the baby jebus cry, spam lots of heals or you sux, dont get pwned by the dragon, lern2play! k thx bai!

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 03:26 AM
Hm. Okay then. So are we all posting screenshots now? =D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/Flane/MomosSotet.jpg
I has a tree.

Pentence
well i made my main chracter look like me and short as i feel NOT how actualy short i am(5'9").As for hair ill agree blue is a bit over used but even i have sucumb to it but i dont like flat blues of any sort.thusly my hair is indigo that you can mistake for either dark blue or dark purple depending on how ya look at it.Finaly, the name was the name i just randomly came up with outa the blue playing elder scrolls III one day and put it on my bow(btw i seem to have a knack for names ever sicne i started writeing i got no idea why).Pentence, the name i am even called by my friends it just kinda stuck.As far as i know no one uses it.

RedMachineD
My characters are named:

Barock
Abobo Bobobobobobo
Tetra Kajikrian

MAKE SHIT UP. DON'T BE FUCKING MORONS.

Katrina
Nov 26, 2006, 03:27 AM
Oh My!! so Chaddy... and Beefcakey... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 03:28 AM
Does noone like my Force and her tree? ; ;

You make Dr. Sotet sad!

Xbob
Nov 26, 2006, 03:28 AM
On 2006-11-26 00:25, industrial wrote:

carry lots of staves cuz they are better but rods because ur a sux nub, blue hair makes the baby jebus cry, spam lots of heals or you sux, dont get pwned by the dragon, lern2play! k thx bai!

Basically, yes.

Good, you paid attention. Maybe now you won't suck.

industrial
Nov 26, 2006, 03:37 AM
On 2006-11-26 00:28, Xbob wrote:

Basically, yes.

Your sence of humor is broked.

Xbob
Nov 26, 2006, 03:38 AM
On 2006-11-26 00:37, industrial wrote:

On 2006-11-26 00:28, Xbob wrote:

Basically, yes.

Your sence of humor is broked.

Your opinion has been noted and filed.

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 03:39 AM
I believe the term you're looking for is 'Borked'.

DanMalak
Nov 26, 2006, 03:41 AM
Isnt this post supposed to be about Force's and how to use them, how did we get to originality in names, and how a Force looks?

Btw- my FO has the best name ever. ~ "Newman" ~ everything else just sucks terrably. =)

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 03:43 AM
Thread Hijacked. Beware of tall buildings. That is all.

Nietzsche
Nov 26, 2006, 04:29 AM
sooo i'm going to lvl Force on my human as i think i wanna make him a Wartecher, and i have a very serious question
I play on ps2, and sometimes when i switch weapons it makes me wait several seconds before i can take any action,in the case of melee weapons i can't attack or PA for about 4-5 seconds, i was thinking this would be a huge detriment for when people need resta or reverser, i'm curious how other forces have delt with this issue (if they're had to)
Also my hair is blonde, and my name is not only not japanese i can garuntee i'm the only one (Nietzsche)sounds like i'm halfway to being a good force

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nietzsche on 2006-11-26 01:33 ]</font>

Xbob
Nov 26, 2006, 04:36 AM
Equip the weapon for a few seconds before running out. It'll stay pre-loaded until you move to the next block.

Nietzsche
Nov 26, 2006, 04:41 AM
i mean like if i need the spells mid battle, it seems the only way around that would be to put resta/reverser on every rod? or is that how people are doing it anyways?

Xbob
Nov 26, 2006, 04:43 AM
... I just explained.

Before you start running out to kill things, equip all your weapons for a few seconds and all the spells won't have to load again until the next block.

industrial
Nov 26, 2006, 04:44 AM
On 2006-11-26 01:29, Nietzsche wrote:
sooo i'm going to lvl Force on my human as i think i wanna make him a Wartecher, and i have a very serious question
I play on ps2, and sometimes when i switch weapons it makes me wait several seconds before i can take any action,in the case of melee weapons i can't attack or PA for about 4-5 seconds, i was thinking this would be a huge detriment for when people need resta or reverser, i'm curious how other forces have delt with this issue (if they're had to)
Also my hair is blonde, and my name is not only not japanese i can garuntee i'm the only one (Nietzsche)sounds like i'm halfway to being a good force

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nietzsche on 2006-11-26 01:33 ]</font>

I know a few people that have occasional weapon switch lag. I'm sure it sucks alot. I don't have that problem though. Your best bet is to use nothing but rods when you level force(so you have your nukes and heals on the same weapon) and hope sega fixes the lag before you try healing heavily with wartecher.

Gazette
Nov 26, 2006, 05:10 AM
I see his flame post worked its magic.

Remedy
Nov 26, 2006, 05:14 AM
On 2006-11-26 01:41, Nietzsche wrote:
it seems the only way around that would be to put resta/reverser on every rod? or is that how people are doing it anyways?It's how the smart people are doing it, yes.

Also, nitpick:

- Try to find or synth low level armor with slots and buy some force units. It's obvious which they are, +Tech and +MST.The best Force unit in the game has -Tech. Just so you know.

Xbob
Nov 26, 2006, 05:20 AM
On 2006-11-26 02:14, Remedy wrote:

On 2006-11-26 01:41, Nietzsche wrote:
it seems the only way around that would be to put resta/reverser on every rod? or is that how people are doing it anyways?It's how the smart people are doing it, yes.

Also, nitpick:

- Try to find or synth low level armor with slots and buy some force units. It's obvious which they are, +Tech and +MST.The best Force unit in the game has -Tech. Just so you know.

You have to really have slow reflexes to need resta/reverser on every rod.

So you're buying the best Force unit in the game at level 1? Nice.

Gazette
Nov 26, 2006, 05:23 AM
Saying you need resta on every rod is just plain stupid.
Considering all it takes is but half a second to switch, it doesn't make sense to gimp your cast power by not having that extra little bump from the elemental bonus.

If you lag, that's your problem.
Tough, deal with it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2006-11-26 02:24 ]</font>

Xbob
Nov 26, 2006, 05:25 AM
I EXPLAINED HOW TO GET AROUND THE LAG. BLARGH. It's not lag, it's the server confirming which spells are linked to that weapon and it's done once per block, do it before you fight and you won't have to worry! SOMEONE LISTEN TO ME FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

Gazette
Nov 26, 2006, 05:27 AM
When do people ever listen?
If they haven't figured out that little bit you're trying to explain to them before,
Then what good is it gonna do to nag at them now?

Miyoko
Nov 26, 2006, 05:28 AM
I lol'd. Multiple times. <3 this thread.

Sexy_Raine
Nov 26, 2006, 05:37 AM

I got to agree you, fancy Japenese names are so overrated, I don't see why people are so obsessed with them. I enjoy simple names.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2006-11-26 02:38 ]</font>

Remedy
Nov 26, 2006, 05:55 AM
On 2006-11-26 02:20, Xbob wrote:
You have to really have slow reflexes to need resta/reverser on every rod.

So you're buying the best Force unit in the game at level 1? Nice.Slow reflexes? Hardly. It's more a matter of that I'd rather not someone die because I had to switch weapons because I'm an idiot and traded access to Resta for less than 20* damage. It has nothing to do with response time, it's because A) of the on-switch lag issues that can occur even when you switch after pre-loading and B) because of the fact that it's more convenient and faster.

*My record damage to one target with a spell is 1500 damage, which was Diga on a Lightning mob with Retirade active and a crit. This means that 4% of that is 60 damage. This is very, very unusual, and would not happen in 99% of cases.