PDA

View Full Version : Junk Synth Boards?

AzureBlaze
Nov 26, 2006, 12:23 AM
I've run into a flaw of illogical items.

I have (and probably you too) a total pile-up of JUNK synth boards. Stuff to make trimate, dimate, sols, stars, this stupid 'moon atomizer x' (why is that even rare!) At the start, I was putting them into the PM to see what it would do.

Like everyone, I ASSUMED that the ingredients would be common drops, so you could synth common items like monomate and dimate for less than you pay in the stores. You know, to encourage you to synth, learn the system, set up a shop or be self-sustaining.

Well no.
The ingredients to synth the items are LESS common than the boards to synth them on! For every 12 boards for dimate I get...I get maybe ONE of the berries it takes to synth a dimate. And it takes like THREE of the berries to even generate a single mate! Heck, the item you're trying to synth is more common than the stuff you've got to get to synth it! I'll find maybe 4 dimates per run of C LinerLine, but like 5 boards for utter garbage.

Stuff you can synth sometimes and is worth it:
Scape Doll
Any high-grade wep/armor where you bought the 5 stars board for it
Low grade weps so your PM can eat it
Food because it's strange
(of course rares/decors/etc)

But other then that, it's a bit "why"? The stuff to go into mates/stat boosting liquids/etc can be put to better use elsewhere as well. There's zero to encourage you to make anything other than weps/armor, yet the boards for that other stuff drop like crazy. They only sell for like 12 bucks in the stores too. And don't even try to buy ingredients. Usually ONE ingredient costs more then the whole item you were trying to make.

Doll
Hustle Berry= min price 300 each
Omega Acid= Min price 400 each

It takes I think 4 berries and 2 acids. Thats 1200 and another 800. You could BUY A DOLL for around 1000 or 900 or so. Who's going to bother synthing them?

What is your view? What is ST thinking? Over 75% of the boards that fall are pointless, and can't be turned into anything. Your pm won't even eat them. (it should! gotta dispose of them somehow...)

-Crokar-
Nov 26, 2006, 12:30 AM
i sell all berries for 20.... and i believe cresline is a worthless board and armor. no slots.

Xbob
Nov 26, 2006, 12:31 AM
Every game has useless items.

Carbinne
Nov 26, 2006, 12:32 AM
I sell or abandon medicine boards. Scape Doll boards sell for a hundred something, which is nice. It's even more aggravating when I get boards that use Something Sweet. Where the hell is it Sega? Geez.

DonRoyale
Nov 26, 2006, 12:32 AM
On 2006-11-25 21:31, Xbob wrote:

They're the Varistas of PSU...>>

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 26, 2006, 12:33 AM
Moon X is actually good. +16 or more points for food towards your striking PM. When ever I'm done with a sector of a map, While running, I check my inventory for anything I dont need such as 1* berries, mate boards, etc. and drop them as I run to the next place.

I synth for when I have an abundance of the ingredients. I rather not spend cash on scape dolls.

Basically, these items are suppose to be the balance between low boards and high boards... It wouldnt be fun if you dont see a single board drop at all now ;/

Sushi_D
Nov 26, 2006, 01:12 AM
i sell all of my junk boards at 1mes.

something to note is that its almost impossible to make a profit selling synthed up items as i've been researching the art selling things in PSU.. the only case is when the item in question is rare. when it is, the problem is then finding a buyer and you're not gonna find one anytime soon.

i'll just stick to the materials market, thank you. its way way waaaaay more profitable and convinient.

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 02:18 AM
On 2006-11-25 21:32, SereneShadows wrote:

On 2006-11-25 21:31, Xbob wrote:

They're the Varistas of PSU...>>

Varista wasn't so bad... that and DB Saber was a good rare to give to your lower-level friends so they feel special.

Eternal_Drake
Nov 26, 2006, 02:19 AM
Varista had a paralyze shot at least.

Sexy_Raine
Nov 26, 2006, 06:47 AM
That is why I don't put random/order for non-rares. They always fill up my inventory and I usually end up disgarding them. You should be shot for storing monomate/dimate/trimate borads.

A2K
Nov 26, 2006, 07:38 AM
With boards like these it's more "if you happen to have the items go ahead and synth it" rather than actually going out and buying the ingredients.

That said, you can find deals in player stores that may actually make it more worth it.

I found a store that was selling Hustle Berries for 25 Meseta or so. Five of those, plus the two Omega Acids already had = discount scape doll.

Randomness
Nov 26, 2006, 09:20 AM
Take all those spare boards, and sell them off. Star Atomizer boards are 37 each. You can at least make a few hundred meseta.