PDA

View Full Version : How do you people solo a rank??

Arcturus
Nov 26, 2006, 01:08 PM
I've seen tons of people who could do it with almost ease. I'm a level 50 cast, normally a level 10 ranger. Right now, I'm a level 10 hunter, with a +4 5* Tenora sword and twin dagger. Trying to solo the first Parum mission on A is still extremely slow and tedious, and as soon as a mob of Vahra shows up, I tend to burn through mates all too quickly. This is stupid. I want in on the soloing too. What am I doing wrong?

BTW, this is all for the purpose of making money quickly.

Zarode
Nov 26, 2006, 01:11 PM
Bring with you your Partner and your Partner machine. Soloing is really a matter of coming with your NPCs, so all the loot is yours alone.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 26, 2006, 01:27 PM
How do I solo A Ranks on my Beast Hunter? Simple answer. With skill.

You should try to get some. D:

_ViX_
Nov 26, 2006, 01:28 PM
Yeah, definately bring your npc and partner machinery if it's leveled enough. Also make sure you are exploiting whatever weaknesses you can, especially with the vahras. Keeping a large group around to long will result in getting surrounded and pummeled. I'd make some good Ice and ground type weapons.

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 26, 2006, 01:31 PM
Partner Machine, NPC

Items to always have in inventory: Mates and atomizers of all kinds. (MUST HAVE)

Areas to grind: Any areas that you usually run through fast such as De regan. Another good idea is elementally weak places such as Onmagoug.

You need to carry more than 6 weapons if you want to solo without a pp pit-stop. The types of weapon are also what you must consider. ( Like me, when I was a hunter I used nothing but RIPPERS with elements mainly for an area ( carried 4 twin rippers, and 2 rippers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif))

Make sure when you gain your Nano or SUV, you use them quickly, that's one way to keep them off your toes at the while being able to gain more special attacks during mission runs.

~~~My friend whom is a beast solos Onmagoug A under 24 mins. If you can do it like that, then you're perfect~

hucast21
Nov 26, 2006, 01:32 PM
On 2006-11-26 10:08, Arcturus wrote:
I've seen tons of people who could do it with almost ease. I'm a level 50 cast, normally a level 10 ranger. Right now, I'm a level 10 hunter, with a +4 5* Tenora sword and twin dagger. Trying to solo the first Parum mission on A is still extremely slow and tedious, and as soon as a mob of Vahra shows up, I tend to burn through mates all too quickly. This is stupid. I want in on the soloing too. What am I doing wrong?

BTW, this is all for the purpose of making money quickly.

Use a Ground Durandal/Seva Drada with rising strike to spread out the Vahra mobs. Focus on one and kill it. If mob starts to gang up, use rising strike again.

Rinse & repeat.

GeoHolyhart
Nov 26, 2006, 01:36 PM
When people say "solo". They don't really solo, they bring there PM and NPC partner. The only reason to solo is to get all the loot. Hunters are probably the only ones that could actually solo high ranks, but like you mentioned its tedious and hardly worth the effort.

usmcbama
Nov 26, 2006, 01:46 PM
If money/easy misison points is your objective, I'd stick to lower ranks and blow through them faster. As a 44 RA I can easily rip through B-rank missions in a short time, using very few recovery items. I find it more profitable to do it that way than take forever huffing and puffing my way through harder missions. Even C-rank on Moatoob is goot for meseta, as I can one-shot a whole group of Navals with a lightning bullet in my shotgun.

It goes all the way back to my experience on Everquest Online Adventures Frontiers on PS2. You can grind slowly at max difficulty on mobs that check red or you can absolutely rip through a ton of blues with less risk and come out ahead. You probably won't get any decent rare drops, but it's much less of a hassle. If you want drops, take on A-ranks with a good group who has a good policy on divvying up the loot.

Just my 2 meseta.

Shadow_Wing
Nov 26, 2006, 02:18 PM
I'd do B runs as a Ra than a Hu for cash, they're pretty easy as a 50CAST/10RA (doing 200+dmg/hit with my rifles does help http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif).

A ranks are much easier with a good group, rather than just solo.

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 26, 2006, 03:23 PM
I Do A ranks with my pm , npc... One of them usually dies though =(.

Eternal_Drake
Nov 26, 2006, 03:24 PM
EDIT: Failure post for only reading the first sentence.

Just be sure to bring Lou and raise a good PM and tag it along, also level its combat level by spamming linear line C runs.

Also dont try and do Desert A or something like that if you aren't too good at soloing. Stick to simple things like De Ragan or Relics.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eternal_Drake on 2006-11-26 12:26 ]</font>

Wallin
Nov 26, 2006, 03:31 PM
The objective of soloing A rank missions is not the mission points or the reward money, it's all about the rare loot. That being said, if you don't want to constantly spend mates, try to attack from the safest positions, and if you die then it's no big deal because you're not trying for rank - just make sure you activate the points at the start of each block, and run back in (and use it as a recharge break). I've soloed Onmagoug on A a couple of times, both around 20 minutes each run - it's not a quick process, you are soloing after all.

Genobee
Nov 26, 2006, 03:43 PM
Do solo linear line A runs there are mad easy, monsters drop 78 to 109 mesta, Not to mention you find A grinders out the Wazoo, Also you find Tons of rare sytnh stuff. Also if you wanna make some real money, Do Parum Relics B the only thing you need is Star Atomizers for your PM so she don't die and kill the S rank, Also you might get a Few Nanoresin's for your trouble and not to mention relic edges. But the real money is in doing B runs, you can do um realy fast and not mention you get some pretty good loot, I can usualy do B mission on parum and the colony with only having to heal once or twice. Also Swords are horrible for Soloing theya re slow and they do little one on one damage compared to other weapons, I reccomned Daggers, Fists, Saber & Pistol, for soloing.

Vhex
Nov 26, 2006, 04:00 PM
On 2006-11-26 10:27, Garnet_Moon wrote:
How do I solo A Ranks on my Beast Hunter? Simple answer. With skill.

You should try to get some. D:

Hah.

Maybe its because Beast > CAST?

Anyway, many people who solo A ranks use their PMs and NPCs to help try doing that. Also certin class combinations are better at soloing than others. Hunter Beast is good at soloing because they have great defensive capilities and HP, so they can take the hits. Forces in general can solo because of resta. Rangers can solo due to their distence, but you'll need to go back to base for recharges every block. CASTs have terrible evasion which really hurts them when soloing. I reccomend getting a high level Tenora Works Armor and a Stella / Legs unit to help you solo to compensate for your lack of EVP. HUcast have the worst EVP in all of PSU.

DA_SHIZZLE_IG
Nov 26, 2006, 04:10 PM
All you need is lots of time because we are not strong enough to solo A or even B yet.Well a hunter can solo B but everyone else is gonna have to wait for stronger weapons and stronger armers.There are spots where you can't be attacked if that helps out any.

AeraLure
Nov 26, 2006, 05:03 PM
I regularly farm a number of A missions with my Force. Parum missions and Linear Line all can be done like that without any help at all, though lately I bring my PM (GH-410) and its more fun and even faster. She helps considerably. Other A rank missions go somewhat slower, but I can do a number of those too. It really depends if I am seeking a certain drop in a given area (then speed of the run matters somewhat less, since you are getting all the drops) or if I am seeking exp/mission points/meseta (speed especially matters here).

As said above, you need 6 weapon sets and you need to have the PA/techs/elements optimized for the given enemies. Does help to have a couple extra weapons with you if you dont want to dash out for a PP recharge, but I usually just do that as it takes but a second anyway, optiing not to carry extra weapons on account of inventory space for repeated runs. Exception to that is I bring a bow usually, if only because it makes Shagreece easy.

I am not at all sure what to say about soloing with a Cast Ranger. Bring your PM and maybe your trainer also (havent used mine yet - PM has been enough). If your PM happens to be a 450, for soloing with a Cast (when the 450 is working) that is probably the thing that will help the most. Otherwise soon enough expert classes are enabled and maybe you can equip Resta.

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 26, 2006, 05:09 PM
Yeah, Linear Line A rank IS easily Done by me and Im at Lv 42 But I have been doing it for about 5 or so levels with just my pm.... Yeah i was a noob and didnt do the tutorial for a NPC lol. I suggest trying there first before going to De ragan and Relic A ranks.

ZiG
Nov 26, 2006, 05:13 PM
On 2006-11-26 10:36, GeoHolyhart wrote:
When people say "solo". They don't really solo, they bring there PM and NPC partner. The only reason to solo is to get all the loot. Hunters are probably the only ones that could actually solo high ranks, but like you mentioned its tedious and hardly worth the effort.

This made me lol

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 26, 2006, 05:14 PM
Yeah, Forces are def. the best At soloing

EC_Subbie
Nov 26, 2006, 05:17 PM
On 2006-11-26 14:03, AeraLure wrote:
I am not at all sure what to say about soloing with a Cast Ranger. Bring your PM and maybe your trainer also (havent used mine yet - PM has been enough). If your PM happens to be a 450, for soloing with a Cast (when the 450 is working) that is probably the thing that will help the most. Otherwise soon enough expert classes are enabled and maybe you can equip Resta.

450 is broken right now as a side effect from an update. She doesn't heal at all now and they still haven't fixed it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Sexy_Raine
Nov 26, 2006, 05:52 PM
I did a "true" solo at lv45 in Neidaiz relics A, I didn't need 50! No annoying PM and no NPC. I got an S-rank in the end. As a force, I have such great MST to resist a good amount of tech hits. The last room with the 2 statue guys was very tough. I ran aroud constantly to avoid their attacks, I used foie to kill them. It takes a lot of patience and skill for this. I also attacked enemies through the doors with techs, and taking no damage.

AeraLure
Nov 26, 2006, 06:04 PM
On 2006-11-26 14:17, EC_Subbie wrote:

On 2006-11-26 14:03, AeraLure wrote: ... (when the 450 is working) ...

450 is broken right now as a side effect from an update. She doesn't heal at all now and they still haven't fixed it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Yeah. Made refernce to that fact. Really do hope they fix that soon.

AeraLure
Nov 26, 2006, 06:09 PM
On 2006-11-26 14:13, ZiG wrote:

On 2006-11-26 10:36, GeoHolyhart wrote:

This made me lol

Heh. Didnt see that. I actually consider going with a PM "soloing" since you get all the drops etc, but a Force has little trouble truly soloing with no PM or NPC on A rank missions. Not all of them, but many of them. I was doing that long before level 50 and long before I had my PM finished. It just became pointless not to bring the PM along once I had it since it generally made everything faster and I've never let it die or had trouble trying to prevent it from dying.

ZiG
Nov 26, 2006, 09:36 PM
I solo as Ranger all the time. Just takes a little longer.

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 09:38 PM
I can Assisted Solo A-Rank Unsafe Passage, but that's all. My 410 (C.D.) and Lou are lifesavers...

( I call soloing with NPC aid 'Assisted Soloing'. )

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VelosofLight on 2006-11-26 18:40 ]</font>