PDA

View Full Version : We have a 2nd Bank!?

ZodiacNKnight
Nov 26, 2006, 01:16 PM
I just noticed that there is a common box in my room...
It's practically a second bank. >_>
It looks kind of like a tanish trashcan or container. You can find it next to the Closet.

I guess we technically have three storage places but I don't know if a lot of people know about this box...
Saves the hassle of having to overprice items in the shop for storage.

Para
Nov 26, 2006, 01:18 PM
lol... if you did the tutorial or checked out the game manual, the common box is for transfering items between characters.

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 26, 2006, 01:18 PM
lol...
Grats on finding that out....
>.>

Well. You can use it to transfer between characters. Like say you want to transfer a weapon, just store anything in that box then switch characters to take it out.

ZodiacNKnight
Nov 26, 2006, 01:19 PM
On 2006-11-26 10:18, Para wrote:
lol... if you did the tutorial or checked out the game manual, the common box is for transfering items between characters.

Damnit. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif
Should have took the tutorial...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZodiacNKnight on 2006-11-26 10:21 ]</font>

Ronin1of47
Nov 26, 2006, 01:22 PM
yea do the tutorial you get the saber photon art. thats 1000 meseta in the stores

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin1of47 on 2006-11-26 10:23 ]</font>

Lastat27
Nov 26, 2006, 01:33 PM
I'm pretty sure the maximum number of items the "Common Box" can hold is 33. It's a nice thing to use if say, you have 10 Scapedolls in your inventory, 10 Scapedolls in your PM storage, and need somewhere to put more.

It's not a huge bank, but it gets the job done if there's items you like to have between multiple characters; like excess healing items, scapedolls, and clothing. I personally use my Common Box as a dresser to store my clothes / cast parts in.

Dhylec
Nov 26, 2006, 01:53 PM
The common/share box isn't big, but at least it's better than none, like offline. ;]

Cjeheth
Nov 26, 2006, 02:41 PM
3 Storage Spaces? No, much, much more.
First theres your character. Then your Partner Machinery.
This is for 4 characters. So thats 8. You also have the Common box as a 9th. Not had the chance to get online yet, so not sure if the shop counts as another space if you close it off to the public or whatever. You just use the common box to get the loot transferred to your alts, and you're set. Unless you actually have all 4 characters in heavy use, but even then, you're still getting the same total storage space.

galaxy
Nov 26, 2006, 03:45 PM
you can set a password to your room, or overprice your items, and that gives you anothre storage space.

Gazette
Nov 26, 2006, 03:47 PM
I've filled up that storage before, there isn't much room at all in the common box,
If anything it only serves as a medium of transferring items between characters and nothting more.

Wallin
Nov 26, 2006, 03:58 PM
There's actually even more storage (I know I'm going to get yelled at for this one): your shop.

Unlike the Common Box, your PM's storage, or your character, your shop is not limited to only carrying one stack of items. You could "store" 10 full stacks of monomates in your shop. If you reach the max on crafting materials you can throw those full stacks into the shop as well. HOWEVER, if people come to your shop looking for the item you're storing and it's not really for sale, they'll get really pissed, so be prepared for complaints or lock your door.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2006-11-26 13:14 ]</font>

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 04:04 PM
If you're going to use a shop as storage, you should put a lock on your door. To keep from people actually being able to get inside to bitch at you. But yeah, the idea had occurred to me.

Wallin
Nov 26, 2006, 04:13 PM
On 2006-11-26 13:04, VelosofLight wrote:
If you're going to use a shop as storage, you should put a lock on your door. To keep from people actually being able to get inside to bitch at you. But yeah, the idea had occurred to me.

Yeah, I'll edit that in there.

etlitch
Nov 26, 2006, 04:57 PM
Item hold limit is only 10% of your normal storage.

Ryogen
Nov 26, 2006, 05:25 PM
LOL, some of you really need to check out that tutortial. It's basically a storage for tranfering to other characters and such, but very low storage.

Spacepest
Nov 26, 2006, 05:26 PM
LOL I played with a friend earlier this week, who was an old school PSOer. He needed to transfer item to another alt character, and asked me if it was alright if he dropped them on the ground and for me to pick them up and hold them for him.

LMFAO. I told him, "Use the shared bank in your room!"

"OMG we have a shared bank?!! Where?!!" I then had to show him where it was.

Ryogen
Nov 26, 2006, 05:32 PM
Sad when oldschool think they can manage newschool without a tut. lol

BigKevSexyMan
Nov 26, 2006, 06:37 PM
It seems like the common storage would be the first thing a hacker would try to get at....

It's like it has less protection on it.

Wallin
Nov 26, 2006, 09:03 PM
Common storage isn't even selectable by other accounts in the room, as far as I know, so you would have to hack into the system and make it think you're the other person... that's probably more complex than anything else out there. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Ryogen
Nov 27, 2006, 12:59 AM
humm..

AlMcFly
Nov 27, 2006, 01:29 AM
I'm not commenting on this thread at all. I will just put in my "LOL" and be done with it ;P.

*EDIT* Ok, maybe one comment. Before asking ANYTHING on the forums, make sure it isn't in the game's instruction booklet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: McFlyVII on 2006-11-26 22:31 ]</font>

Wallin
Nov 27, 2006, 01:34 AM
On 2006-11-26 22:29, McFlyVII wrote:
I'm not commenting on this thread at all. I will just put in my "LOL" and be done with it ;P.

*EDIT* Ok, maybe one comment. Before asking ANYTHING on the forums, make sure it isn't in the game's instruction booklet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: McFlyVII on 2006-11-26 22:31 ]</font>

Go ahead and ask, I'm bored right now, but not bored enough to grind solo at the moment. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Bahamut89
Nov 27, 2006, 01:41 AM
Just so everyone knows, the common box has 32 slots. The PM storage has 300 slots. And of course, your character has 60 slots. So you have a maximum storage capacity of 4 * (300 + 60) + 32 = 1472 items.

Plus your shop(s). Unfortunately, I haven't counted the limit on the shop (although I've reached it), but I wouldn't recommend it for long term storage anyway if you plan on selling things. I think the shop limit is around 20-30 (possibly 32 again) so I'd estimate another 128 or so slots from that, which would make it an even 1600.

PS: Curse you trimate boards!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bahamut89 on 2006-11-26 22:42 ]</font>