PDA

View Full Version : The ONLY thing I think is missing from PSU...

Xbob
Nov 26, 2006, 05:47 PM
Is a whole bunch of rare items! That's about all I can think of that we're currently TRULY missing out on. And of course, we'll be getting them soon enough. Everyone thinks it's this or that, but c'mon, finding rares is one of the main reasons we loved PSO, those little red boxes made us all so happy.

But in extra mode, there's something even more satisfying about finding a gold weapon/armor icon on the ground than our coveted red boxes. Soon we'll be so hooked we'll need surgery to get off. ;x

At least, that's my opinion.

Xbob
Nov 26, 2006, 05:51 PM
Well we get those too, so hurrah!

Mwabwetumba
Nov 26, 2006, 05:52 PM
Both shall arrive at some point^^

AeraLure
Nov 26, 2006, 06:35 PM
Yeah, they're coming. I tire a little of finding Vestalines and Cyrals and all these assorted rare materials. Whoop dee doo. Useful down the road to be sure but I also await finding some more interesting things. Suppose the upside of that though is all those things will presumably be in storge if an odd board comes along that could maybe be synthed into something fun. Certainly there is some of this already, but synthing success is iffy. Ah well. Stocking up on more random materials isnt so bad I suppose, just anti-climatic. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Wallin
Nov 26, 2006, 06:37 PM
I don't know whether I like the idea of praying that a rare comes to me by the order loot when all the high star stuff comes out, or whether I miss the fact that I used to be able to scramble for them in PSO like finder's loot (although 95% of the time I never got it that way anyway).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2006-11-26 15:41 ]</font>

Kie
Nov 26, 2006, 07:44 PM
does anybody know if these S rank weps are going to look cool? in pso there were allot of cool rares and I saw a pic of an S rank sword and it dissapointed me id give the pic but I forgot were I saw it but will the S rank weapons have abnormal looks like they did in pso? well not all of the rares in pso looked abnormal but there were some

Auronp
Nov 26, 2006, 07:47 PM
I think what its missing is a shutup feature for your NPC's, lol. Sometimes they wont talk too much but other times...just yap yap yap.

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 07:48 PM
So just make 'Rare Hunting' missions with normal items set to whatever, and rare items set to Finder. Presto.

I personally miss all rare items being desplayed as the same neat little red box, so when you see one you never have any idea what it'll be. Now you pretty much know in advance, 'cept with Boards, which can normally be assumed to be Moon Atomizer X's.

Itsuki
Nov 26, 2006, 07:49 PM
The true claires are supposed to look like the classic PSO weapons. Right now, theres only 2 s-rank weapons in the japanese version. I haven't even seen the rod, but the claire doubles look exactly like twin brands from PSO. there are some lower rank rares that look cool though. Especailly the enemy weapons. Theres a 9 star degahna cannon for example. And the Delsaban sabers.

One of the main things in PSU is that just because a weapon is "rare" doesn't mean is S-rank. All of the offline S-ranks are only A-rank online. Only time will tell, rares are all endgame kind of things, so its probably good to just hold out.

Zorafim
Nov 26, 2006, 08:41 PM
Only A rank, you say? That's a good thing. Most of them looked really bland.
Except for the spear. That was flipping sweet.

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 09:27 PM
I like that there are unique weapons that aren't A- or S-Rank. It makes it interesting for newer players. Or, eh, rather for the low-level characters of non-new players.