PDA

View Full Version : Right to Privacy?

Weakness
Nov 26, 2006, 06:18 PM
So earlier today I was soloing, just trying to get a little money. Well I was in a locked room and going along my merry way, when some guy named Cpt. Flip joins my room. My first thought was "I could of sworn I locked the room."

So I said hello, and told him that I thought the room was locked and I was just trying to solo. At which point he told me that the was indeed locked, but he guessed the password.

Granted the password was 0000, but still anybody else find it wrong when people try to enter locked rooms?

Not that I am complaining, I just booted him, changed the password and went on my way... but it just bothered me.

Rizen
Nov 26, 2006, 06:23 PM
I know how you feel. When I want some time alone I lock my room/games yet I still get people asking to join or guessing passwords. I dont mind it really...but when it comes to the point where its constant it gets very annoying.

Yoiyami
Nov 26, 2006, 06:23 PM
Blame Sega. If there was more content, he'd have been to preoccupied to think about guessing someones pass. D: We should all go to the official PSU site, spam their contact form and demand more content to prevent things like this from happening. *nod*

McLaughlin
Nov 26, 2006, 06:28 PM
Or not?

Pick a better password.

If you think people would have the common (or UNcommon as it were) decency to leave people in locked games alone, you need to come live with me in La La Land.

We have Candy Apples.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-11-26 15:30 ]</font>

Logicdustbin
Nov 26, 2006, 06:29 PM
on PSO I used to have people guess the password and enter a game.

I thought it was funny, and let them play.

Much harder to do, as I recall, it was 'letters' as passwords, not numbers....

Wallin
Nov 26, 2006, 06:33 PM
There are people who apparently get a kick out of figuring out someone's password, just boot them, LOL.

It's also possible that he accidentally joined your game not realizing it was passworded at first, but when it asked for it and defaulted at 0000, he pressed accept instead of cancel, allowing him access to your game. When I get shop passwords I usually just hit accept for the heck of it at 0000 in case it's silly enough to let me in, and because usually with the annoying way shops are set up I'm rapidly pressing the accept button anyway.

I would change at least 1 digit next time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2006-11-26 15:35 ]</font>