PDA

View Full Version : Cannot equip my ME / QUICK?

Eroica
Nov 26, 2006, 07:24 PM
I am a class 10, level 41 Force. I have a Busterline which has an open head slot and am unable to equip my ME/QUICK still! Why is this? Do I need a Yohmei brand armor to equip it?

Randomness
Nov 26, 2006, 07:25 PM
me/quick is extra, isnt it?

Rizen
Nov 26, 2006, 07:26 PM
I think the armor and the unit has to be the same rank in order to use it.
If Me/Quick is B, the armor has to be B or higher.

On 2006-11-26 16:25, Randomness wrote:
me/quick is extra, isnt it?

Its a Head Slot.
http://psupedia.org/index.php?title=Units

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2006-11-26 16:27 ]</font>

Eroica
Nov 26, 2006, 07:27 PM
Ah ok! That sounds plausible Rizen! Thanks a lot!

Rizen
Nov 26, 2006, 07:28 PM
No problem. If that doesnt work feel free to contact me.

hucast21
Nov 26, 2006, 07:35 PM
On 2006-11-26 16:24, Eroica wrote:
I am a class 10, level 41 Force. I have a Busterline which has an open head slot and am unable to equip my ME/QUICK still! Why is this? Do I need a Yohmei brand armor to equip it?

Give it to Remedy lol.

GruesomeWolf
Nov 26, 2006, 07:47 PM
the whole B-rank item in C-rank armor was exactly my problem in trying to equip my Me/Concentrate.

When I upgraded my armor to B(which I should have done anyway), it equipped fine.

Wallin
Nov 26, 2006, 08:07 PM
What do you guys think the drop rate is on slots like Me/Quick and Mega/Power? Not sure how much time I really want to invest soloing for this if it's 1/1000. >_<;;

AnamanaAU
Nov 26, 2006, 08:08 PM
As if you're that level without B rank armor.

_Deliverance_
Nov 26, 2006, 08:30 PM
On 2006-11-26 17:08, JubeiSaotome wrote:
As if you're that level without B rank armor.

Midicronica
Nov 26, 2006, 08:30 PM
Good, while this thread is here. I want to clear something up.

I've been looking for me/quick for awhile now and sadly even though I've been looking for it I'm still not sure which place in Neudaiz it drops. I've just been doing Onmagoug A and Relics A runs with a friend like crazy looking for it.

So, can someone relieve me of my frustration and tell me exactly where it drops?

Gazette
Nov 26, 2006, 08:34 PM
On 2006-11-26 17:30, Shadow_Moses wrote:

So, can someone relieve me of my frustration and tell me exactly where it drops?

Boss drop.

Wallin
Nov 26, 2006, 08:50 PM
On 2006-11-26 17:30, Shadow_Moses wrote:
Good, while this thread is here. I want to clear something up.

I've been looking for me/quick for awhile now and sadly even though I've been looking for it I'm still not sure which place in Neudaiz it drops. I've just been doing Onmagoug A and Relics A runs with a friend like crazy looking for it.

I've read twice now that it's from Onmagoug A. It can't be Relics A because Me/Quick was out way before Relics was released (well it possibly drop in Relics A from something, but it's far less likely).

I'm probably going to wait until the patch before I start hunting for it again so I can go expert class and have higher ranked weaponry. I'll likely become a Wartecher so I can still use twin daggers and heal myself instead of spending thousands on mates.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2006-11-26 18:01 ]</font>

Remedy
Nov 26, 2006, 09:59 PM
On 2006-11-26 16:35, hucast21 wrote:
Give it to Remedy lol.Haha, wouldn't that be nice, lol.

Nah, I've got a possible trade in the works for Me/Quick, and I always make sure to do at least 5 Demons Above A runs a day, so... meh. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 26, 2006, 10:54 PM
Yes. I've been in search of Me/quick for over a month now, since the second week of the game's release.

I've still find that sunava~..

It drops from Onmagoug A boxes. Rank+death doesnt effect it's drop. It is always a minimum of 15%~ but it feels more low for my situation.

I do 16 hours of Demons Above A runs each day... But today I've taken a break to farm nanocarbons for my Te-senba :3

Rizen has a possible point of Rank items having only to be used with the correct rank. This is probably one of sega's way of reducing self-rush characters from being very strong~ But of course, equiping a low rank unit on a high rank armor is 100% possible at the least ;3

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 26, 2006, 11:40 PM
did like 8 runs of Onma A today since I had lvl 3 luck to no avail.

I am kinda telling myself I may have a worse chance to get it with lvl 3 luck since its not a "rare" item just a normal 4* item even tho it has a low % to drop.

15% seems to high to be the drop rate, they are very few in number.

2 for sale now but both people asking way too much. 1.2mil for one and 2mil for the other.

Thats a joke http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif there are still 2 quick units even better (not out yet but will be soon)

the Gi/Quick and Maru/Quick. Its a nice unit to have I am sure and will continue to hunt for it when ever I can manage to get a party together for it, but its not even close to being worth that amount of money. I say 600k max.

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 26, 2006, 11:56 PM
~

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-11-26 20:59 ]</font>

Wallin
Nov 26, 2006, 11:58 PM
I'm afraid to ask how much Gi/Magic and Maru/Quick go for on the JP server. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 27, 2006, 12:14 AM
I said that same thin http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif the highest one the Maru/Quick is like -100 or -150 TP and greatly boost casting speed drops from Onma S rank.

the Gi/Quick I dont know yet.

Remedy
Nov 27, 2006, 01:52 AM
I don't see how any of these "advanced" Me/Quick units would work. Me/Quick already eliminates the entire charge phase of a spell.

If you watch spells carefully, you'll see they have four phases: Prep (raising your rod into the air), Charge (forming the spell in the air), Fire (dropping your rod and launching the spell) and Recover (returning your rod to neutral position).

Me/Quick eliminates that entire Charge phase - as soon as your rod hits the air, it comes down almost instantaneously and fires the spell. Gi/Quick or Maru/Quick would have to physically speed the animation of the Prep/Fire/Recover phases to actually be faster than Me/Quick, and that's a precedent that doesn't exist yet in PSU.

Plus, it would look just plain STUPID.

Gazette
Nov 27, 2006, 01:57 AM
I think you'll enjoy this vid then remedy.
It shows the three current casting equips side by side.

Note it goes from fastest to slowest

http://youtube.com/watch?v=S1IQVLnJvfo

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2006-11-26 22:57 ]</font>

Wallin
Nov 27, 2006, 02:00 AM
Does .../Quick not affect recast time? From the video the first one was always casting faster, but always cast the next spell at the same time. Or is that just the way the videos were edited or spells were intentionally timed?

Edit: And oh god why does stupid YouTube have that banner that pops up with spiders sometimes? Blehhh! >_<;;;;;;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2006-11-26 23:01 ]</font>

Remedy
Nov 27, 2006, 02:02 AM
Hrm.

So Me/Quick doesn't remove the entire Charge phase, it seems - it's just that the current spells we have (sub-21 regular and Ra- techs) don't have a long enough Charge phase to make anything beyond Me/Quick visible. Neat.

Well, then that just makes Me/Quick even less worthy of the 1.5 million pricetag the retards in the general community want to put on it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 27, 2006, 02:02 AM
yeah it was just timed like that so you can see the diffrence.

biggest thing to note is the diffrence becomes greater with the higher up spells like the Gi spell being the longest to charge still has pretty much a zero cast time with the best unit, but the slower unit almost looks like a normal cast.

on another note: ::druel:: @ lvl 30 gifoi

@remedy - thats what I was telling you all along that me/quick is so over rated. I knew it was esp when I found out there were 2 units above it.

no way is it worth in the millions I say 600k max for a desperate person, for me 300k max since I have never had more than 120k anyways.

I spent way too much time after the cast speed unit on episode 4 only to be incredibly disappointed.

I like Gi/Quick not much diffrent than the fastest one but the -TP on it is not nearly as bad. Hopfully I can score one cheap in a shop one day or get one as a drop when its location is announced.

I dont see myself gettinge the maru/quick from S rank Onma its hard enough to get a party for A rank since the stage is boring and slow and he still kills people on a regular bases @ lvl 50 with that lightning.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-11-26 23:09 ]</font>

Remedy
Nov 27, 2006, 02:09 AM
On 2006-11-26 23:02, ViciousXUSMC wrote:
on another note: ::druel:: @ lvl 30 gifoiIt's "drool", but I entirely agree. That is freaking hawt.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 27, 2006, 02:10 AM
now the process of lvling that spell to 21+ will be hell tho.

2x pp cost of ra spells, lvl 2x slower and almost no range untill lvl 11

Remedy
Nov 27, 2006, 02:13 AM
Hehe, bring it on. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

It'd be easy in stuff like... C-rank Neudaiz/Moatoob missions. All of those have little enemies that like to crowd you (see: Worms/Lizards).

Wallin
Nov 27, 2006, 02:15 AM
I was hoping to find Me/Quick on my Hunter so I could give it to my low level Forces and level their techs faster, but I never realized they were that rare, bleh.

Tra
Nov 27, 2006, 02:18 AM
me/conc and its better versions still have its very nice uses later on, it's pretty obvious how but you guys always like diss it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 27, 2006, 02:22 AM
I dont see a use for it honestly, more dmg but slower cast.

the dmg boost isnt that big, so it honestly depends on how much slower you cast. if its only a small bit then I guess its ok. if its like the opposite of me/quick then it would not be worth it at all.

your taking a small amount of power away for a pretty good speed increase, so dps still is going up with /quick just your pp efficantcy is going down.

but the /concentrate your adding a still small amount of damage (even 200tp is nothing when you have over 1400 base) for a slower cast. so dps may be going down, plus there is the loss of versatality like geting off quick heals/reverser ect.

Remedy
Nov 27, 2006, 02:24 AM
Look at how slow Gifoie 30 is with Me/Quick.

Now you want to add Me/Concentrate to that?

LOL

Me/Concentrate is the most worthless drop in this game - the only use it has is to be sold for an inflated price to uneducated Forces, then gloat at their misfortune.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 27, 2006, 02:35 AM
/concentrate is defintly not a rod item its for wands http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

they cast fast enough that it may not make much a diffrence, also just like how the diffrent /quick units have nearly the same cast speed for a simple spell like foi, if you can presume the opposite for /concentrate it will add a very small or no time to that spell.

then when you figure that the single target spells have the highest % modifier on your TP adding a large amount of TP will make a big diffrence in damage.

So I say it very well may have its use, but untill I try one for myself to see just how prounounced the slowdown is I cant say how good it is.

going by just my above hypothosis tho, for a wand fo who does most of his/her dps thru single target spells, this unit may be absolutly great. BTW thats me I spam foi/diga for the first block or two till my wands are empty usually.

Tra
Nov 27, 2006, 02:38 AM
I'm going to have all of them, including the -quicks

the use for the concs are for damu- and nosu- techs.

think about it.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 27, 2006, 02:41 AM
plus it will be kinda neat having all the other forces going O.o??? why are you doing so much more damage than me??? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Tra
Nov 27, 2006, 02:45 AM
haha that'd only be true if i still had my rod =

Tra
Nov 27, 2006, 03:11 AM
On 2006-11-26 23:24, Remedy wrote:
Look at how slow Gifoie 30 is with Me/Quick.

Now you want to add Me/Concentrate to that?

LOL

Me/Concentrate is the most worthless drop in this game - the only use it has is to be sold for an inflated price to uneducated Forces, then gloat at their misfortune.

You've already been proven wrong already in this topic, so I suggest you rethink your opinions before you blindly gloat them, seriously.

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 27, 2006, 06:10 AM
Sadly but you guys are right. I've tested this with Mayuga today. We did 4 consecutive spams of Razonde on both the rod and cane. Our difference in speed between me/quick user and non-user is unexistant.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I think I really did waste my time for these past... 3-4 weeks trying to find it..... ..... . . . Welp. At least now I can go do Temple A to get Gi/Magic or something worthwhile.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 27, 2006, 06:15 AM
Its there, abit just a small diffrence. What do you expect this is a 4* common unit. even if its hard to find.

Think about god/battle it was great but the /battle before it were not so hot but some of them where pretty hard to find. devil/battle was a rare mob drop~!

I still want one, but yes I am very happy with my gi/magic

also while I like the idea of using this video to throw in peoples faces and maybe get the price of me/quick lowered there is no info on it from the poster.

It may be gi/quick - me/quick - normal

not maru/quick - gi/quick - me/quick that is being shown.

Reguardless tho it prooves that there are much much better units out there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-11-27 03:25 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 27, 2006, 06:29 AM
lol my friend is like... "SO YOU dragged me on for over 600 games of Onmagoug A for this?" Well...

I was expecting it to be more significant than that... Sucks...

Heavy sigh* Since there's very little rares and such to look for before the next update, that's probably one of my main reasons why I really wanted it. Now I'm just pondering... Heh.. Darn... did I waste my time..

The video needs more information of course. Maybe a remake since we cant tell which ones have what equipped and etc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-11-27 03:32 ]</font>

Eroica
Nov 27, 2006, 11:31 AM
Ha, I am seeing all this ME/QUICK dissin' and your suspicions of it being relatively useless are somewhat true. The increase in speed is VERY marginal. While I can tell, it isn't going to make the game much easier and it isn't even a show of status. I've been spamming Diga for 130+ hours and I could barely see a difference, so don't expect anyone else to when you join a mission with one of the rarest items in the US patched game.

I recieved the ME/QUICK from Demons Above A on Neudaiz, as all other reports have indicated, from a boss drop box. I was with two other people on random loot, had lvl 3 luck, and managed to bag it. I've only done Demons Above A about four times (as it takes forever). I recommend that you do not attempt Demons Above A unless you are around Max Level; and if you are hunting for the ME/QUICK, do not even bother unless your leader has lvl 3 luck as it'll be a waste of your time.

While I do dispute its usefulness for its price and rarity, I'll be keeping it for my edge. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-Thanks for the suggestions on B rank armor all!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eroica on 2006-11-27 08:34 ]</font>