PDA

View Full Version : Crea Wand? I keep seeing Crea Weapon Boards all over the pla

DarkSeph
Nov 26, 2006, 08:13 PM
So, the title says it all, but seriously, What is a force to do with all the Crea stuff floating around and still no wand?

Anyone know if their are any special Wand/Rods yet?

Thankx in advance http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 08:14 PM
I think Crea is strictly for swords. Wands and Rods, as well as firearms, will have their own 7* rare weapons, but they won't be Crea.

Genobee
Nov 26, 2006, 08:18 PM
I don't see why people want crea anything, they have realy realy shitty stats compared to other A ranks.

Gazette
Nov 26, 2006, 08:21 PM
Crea Wands would be a godsend.
Think of being able to hit more than 3 enemies at a time with a spell.

Sadly, I don't think the Crea line applies to wands simply because Sega refuses to give us a loophole to the whole Ra= 3 hits, Gi=6 hits, etc.

Itsuki
Nov 26, 2006, 08:23 PM
Claire weapons hit more than 1 monster. As of yet there are no claire replicas of 7 star wands/rods, but that doesn't mean there won't be true claires (10 star) of them in the future.

You have to remember that the Claires also have the added bonus of looking like PSO weapons.

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 08:23 PM
Oh, Ra only hits 3 targets? I... didn't know that. Are you sure? I mean, I think I hit 6 with Zonde once...

Gazette
Nov 26, 2006, 08:25 PM
Zonde can hit anything that falls within its linear path.
Ra-anything is limited to three and ONLY three.

Flamingo99
Nov 26, 2006, 08:26 PM
On 2006-11-26 17:23, VelosofLight wrote:
Oh, Ra only hits 3 targets? I... didn't know that. Are you sure? I mean, I think I hit 6 with Zonde once...

Zonde pierces enemies, along with Barta. Anything within the line of Barta or Zonde will be hit. The Ra- techinics are different (as of now mine only hit three, but I think it goes up to 6 when leveled up completely).

Gazette
Nov 26, 2006, 08:27 PM
No, level 1 through 30, it will continue to hit only 3.
At level thirty the area of attack will only increase significantly along with the attack dmg% (Technically at 21).

Flamingo99
Nov 26, 2006, 08:43 PM
On 2006-11-26 17:27, Gazette wrote:
No, level 1 through 30, it will continue to hit only 3.
At level thirty the area of attack will only increase significantly along with the attack dmg% (Technically at 21).

Oh wow... thats really dumb. Are Ra- techs at least more powerful than Gi- techs, seeing that they only hit 3 enemies? What are the pluses towards leveling up Ra- techs then (besides hitting mulitple enemies)?

PJ
Nov 26, 2006, 08:50 PM
On 2006-11-26 17:23, Itsuki-chan wrote:

You have to remember that the Claires also have the added bonus of looking like PSO weapons.

Say wha?

Any pictures of these weapons?

Dihnekis
Nov 26, 2006, 08:51 PM
I never even bothered with the RA techs in PSO. I'm assuming its the same in PSU.

Gazette
Nov 26, 2006, 08:53 PM
In the end they'll have a stronger damage output than the GI line.
That's probably it.

Take the Foie line at level 30 for example:

Foie 30: 270%
RaFoie 30: 170% (3 hits)
GiFoie 30: 140% (6hits)

Excluding DamuFoie 30: 170% which takes a completely different approach to attacks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2006-11-26 17:55 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2006-11-26 17:55 ]</font>

Gamemako
Nov 26, 2006, 09:15 PM
Gi techniques also cost a lot of PP to cast and only hit around the caster.

Itsuki
Nov 26, 2006, 10:59 PM
On 2006-11-26 17:50, PJ wrote:

On 2006-11-26 17:23, Itsuki-chan wrote:

Say wha?

Any pictures of these weapons?

http://pwv.sakura.ne.jp/image/d_saver/kureadoubles00.jpg
Thats the only true claire online.

But the description of claires (atleast on the japanese version) says something along the lines of them being replicas of the original photon weapons. Which leads most to believe that the real claires are the old PSO weapons.

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 26, 2006, 11:10 PM
Claires are restricted to Melee weapons

Expect to see lots of PSO oldie's :3

Tahldon
Nov 26, 2006, 11:28 PM
Yeah, I've been wondering something along the lines of this.

With all the swords and things coming out for the hunters and the guns for the Rangers. One only wonders what kind of neat looking wands will the Forces get.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 26, 2006, 11:34 PM
I have gotten used to the restriction of Ra spells, and Gi with 6 is fine.

Only thing that really should be changed IMO is that even if a spell can hit multiple targets, on a multi part mob or boss, it will only hit 1 time for the damage of 1 part of the spell.

It makes no sense how Radiga can hit 3 mobs a good 5 or 6 feet apart but a mob that has parts 2 feet next to eachother only recieves dmg on one part.

Its a big handicap to forces, esp solo ones and I cant quite figure out why they did that. Hurts even worse when you think that the best work around to that is use your single target high dmg spells on a boss.... and we dont have one for lightning, ice, dark, or light..... only earth and fire.

demekanized
Nov 27, 2006, 12:18 AM
Ok so... Beasts have their mutations and Casts have their big guns.... human and newman hunters have Crea weapons, what exactly will be the draw for human and newman rangers and forces?

Gazette
Nov 27, 2006, 12:20 AM
Newman Fortechers have the advantage of actually being good at the job.
I dunno...

Genobee
Nov 27, 2006, 12:21 AM
On 2006-11-26 21:18, demekanized wrote:
Ok so... Beasts have their mutations and Casts have their big guns.... human and newman hunters have Crea weapons, what exactly will be the draw for human and newman rangers and forces?

Techs and Crazy rifles and Shotguns,

Gazette
Nov 27, 2006, 12:25 AM
I suppose Newmans gain an advantage in ranged compared to Human/Beast.
(Though cast still kill them in the end)
I really don't know any advantage to being human aside from being well rounded.

Genobee
Nov 27, 2006, 12:43 AM
Well humans will make the best protransers.

Gazette
Nov 27, 2006, 12:51 AM
I've heard they lacked the ATP to equip a number of A ranked weapons when the Adv. Jobs were first released.
That it wasn't until the bar was raised to level 70 that they were able to equip all the A ranked weapons without trouble.

God knows how bad it was for Newmans.

Remedy
Nov 27, 2006, 01:20 AM
ST wouldn't release Crea/Claire casting weapons. That would mean actually doing something beneficial for Forces, and all they know how to do is screw Forces over. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Genobee
Nov 27, 2006, 01:24 AM
On 2006-11-26 22:20, Remedy wrote:
ST wouldn't release Crea/Claire casting weapons. That would mean actually doing something beneficial for Forces, and all they know how to do is screw Forces over. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Please once Forces get the NOS spells they won't complain anymore about crea wands.

Gazette
Nov 27, 2006, 01:26 AM
Remedy's never satisfied.

Remedy
Nov 27, 2006, 01:31 AM
...You mean Damu, right? Nosu are the annoying seeker spells that, frankly, look useless in my opinion.

Now yes, as soon as I get my hands on Damubarta and the like, I'll be a happy little Fortecher. But, y'know, that's probably 2+ months away.

And it doesn't do anything to assuage the annoyance of how hard pure Tech PMs are to level versus any other pure variant, the lack of any unique looking gear, and so forth.

Oh well. *shrug*

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 27, 2006, 01:33 AM
Nosu spells are neat but nothing special, they home in on an enemy (wich can take awhile somtimes it likes to pass the enemey and you have to wait for it to adjust, then blow up when you let go of the button, damaging most of the time 1 mob, but somtimes 2 or 3.

It only does semi decent damage and as far as I know eats your PP the entire time you hold the button.... doesnt sound too great to me, unless you have bad aim http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

They should buff up the speed of diga/foi some, lvl 30 versions shouldnt travel the same speed as the lvl 1 version :/

the Damu series will be more usfull I think than nosu, affects an area of mobs like a flame thrower, if the damage is good and it doesnt eat PP up too fast I will use these alot.

Everybody hates damubarta when a mob uses it against you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif (the constantly freezing ice shield the big mobs use somtimes)

Remedy
Nov 27, 2006, 01:37 AM
I don't hate Damubarta. All it does is a stream of 0s to me.

<3 my 44% Ice Gi-senba. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Gazette
Nov 27, 2006, 01:38 AM
Considering there is only like 1 10-star item per weapon class online thus far in the JP version,
I'm not surprised that they haven't released more unique wand/staffs.

The fact is melee weapons outnumber casting type weapons.
Sega Team has yet to release a unique for each type of weapon.
Give them some time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2006-11-26 22:39 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2006-11-26 22:41 ]</font>

Remedy
Nov 27, 2006, 01:41 AM
Yeah, except my complaint is not even with 10* gear, but ALL gear. Every single weapon we use looks the same (if you're a good Force and use Rods), whereas Hunters and Rangers have a wide array of weapon looks to choose from.

I just wish that B-rank rods looked different. It's depressing that the only change from a Ulrod to a Hajirod is a different color shaft on the rod. =/

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 27, 2006, 01:43 AM
Well we get the curved ones for A rank, wich are nothing special IMO.

I just made that "red box" thread, wich is kinda on the same subject. There were lots of diffrent models for every weapon in PSO. They didnt have to be the top end stuff (even tho thats where most of the stuff was) but even just regular weapons all looked diffrent.

The twins we have in game even the S rank ones have nothing on the crudel, demo comet, ect ect.

Gazette
Nov 27, 2006, 01:51 AM
I agree the Rod models are bull.
It would have been nice for Tenora and GRM to have made a Rod as well...
Still if it comes to casting, I would still pick the Yomei over the GRM/Tenora wands (And rods if there were any).

Only when fully ground do the Tenora/GRM wands show their true worth.

Remedy
Nov 27, 2006, 01:54 AM
Lol, Tenora/GRM weapons have no worth at all, even when fully ground. Yohmei gear will always have the PP edge, and a Force's weapons are only a minor fraction of their overall TP.

For Forces (and Rangers, IMO), PP is GOD. Thusly, Yohmei > all.

Genobee
Nov 27, 2006, 01:55 AM
On 2006-11-26 22:33, ViciousXUSMC wrote:
Nosu spells are neat but nothing special, they home in on an enemy (wich can take awhile somtimes it likes to pass the enemey and you have to wait for it to adjust, then blow up when you let go of the button, damaging most of the time 1 mob, but somtimes 2 or 3.

It only does semi decent damage and as far as I know eats your PP the entire time you hold the button.... doesnt sound too great to me, unless you have bad aim http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

They should buff up the speed of diga/foi some, lvl 30 versions shouldnt travel the same speed as the lvl 1 version :/

the Damu series will be more usfull I think than nosu, affects an area of mobs like a flame thrower, if the damage is good and it doesnt eat PP up too fast I will use these alot.

Everybody hates damubarta when a mob uses it against you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif (the constantly freezing ice shield the big mobs use somtimes)

Actualy no you got it wrong, Nos spells seek enemies they also knock down an enemy, or they Paralize or Stun, also they eat less PP thent he GI spells and don't eat your pp the londer you hold them, Dam spells eat your pp the longer you hold them, not to mention Nos spells inturpt casting and they DO more damage then any of the other spells for their PP worth. I was one shoting mobs in Hive with Noszonde and not to mention you can hit them across the room out of thier attack range.

Gazette
Nov 27, 2006, 02:04 AM
Please, a fully ground Tenora 5 star has virtually the same TAP with half the PP of a rod at +10 .
Considering some of us would favor having a TAP+ unit and a wand rather than a me/quick and a rod, this is a big deal.

Haji+10: PP=1288 TAP=510

Tenora wand+10: PP=615 TAP=505

Carbinne
Nov 27, 2006, 02:08 AM
Have fun getting a Tenora weapon to +10!

Gazette
Nov 27, 2006, 02:13 AM
Consider it an example, I'm just not into this whole "A rod is the only way to go as a Force"
Yes, they are strong, and they do have insane PP.
But they are not without flaws.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 27, 2006, 02:15 AM
Actualy no you got it wrong, Nos spells seek enemies they also knock down an enemy, or they Paralize or Stun, also they eat less PP thent he GI spells and don't eat your pp the londer you hold them, Dam spells eat your pp the longer you hold them, not to mention Nos spells inturpt casting and they DO more damage then any of the other spells for their PP worth. I was one shoting mobs in Hive with Noszonde and not to mention you can hit them across the room out of thier attack range.

I didnt say I knew they ate TP the whole time they are seeking I said they might, but still your comparison cant be too valid if your 1 shoting guys in the hive that to me says right away "offline mode" and online is a diffrent world.

They might cost less than a Gi spell and I hope they do Gi is expensive but gi can hit 6 guys at once... if you get 6 guys in a group nohing will do more damage than a Gi spell so far.

I hope your right about the dmg/pp use, we need a good single dmg skill for certian elements anyways.

I know there is a dark and lightning nosu spell.

that means we still lack a good single target ice spell tho and also light spell, but regrants looks pretty good even if it is not a single target spell.

oh about wands:

I find GRM has the best wands actually, atleast so far.

PP is very close to yomehei but TP is MUCH higher, if you do the math at damge done with a full wand discharge GRM wins. Then also factor in the PP regen rate of GRM and Yomehei are the same with wands @ 7 per tick each.

Tenora only has 5 and has like no PP, i dont even know why they have them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-11-26 23:17 ]</font>

Remedy
Nov 27, 2006, 02:16 AM
Pros:
*4 tech slots
*Higher PP pool
*(Slightly) Higher TP

Cons:
*Slightly Slower cast speed

Now, I dunno about you, but having A) easy access to Resta/Reverser in a pinch, B) double the available PP supply, and C) the ability for a 12% damage boost when we have more spells per element is really nice, IMO.

Plus, Me/Quick removes the delay that makes Rods slower than Wands. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Gazette
Nov 27, 2006, 02:23 AM
Yet that same me/quick slot can just as easily be replaced by a higher grade TAP+ slot amounting in a stronger cast at the same pace that you'd get with that me/quick equipped.

No one's gonna argue that that rods have a higher PP, yeah that's great, meanwhile I can still switch out the wand within a second.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2006-11-26 23:24 ]</font>

Remedy
Nov 27, 2006, 02:25 AM
Well, have fun doing any real missions without having to recharge more than once, such as Fanatics/Holy Ground/Endrum Remnants/Demons Above/Desert Terror A. *shrug*

I carry five +3 Hajirods (four offensive, one with only Resta/Reverser), and I still get dangerously close to having to recharge before the boss in each mission. They usually pull me through if I mix some bow usage into the works.

Itsuki
Nov 27, 2006, 02:27 AM
On 2006-11-26 22:38, Gazette wrote:
Considering there is only like 1 10-star item per weapon class online thus far in the JP version,
I'm not surprised that they haven't released more unique wand/staffs.

The fact is melee weapons outnumber casting type weapons.
Sega Team has yet to release a unique for each type of weapon.
Give them some time.

Not that it particularly matters, but the only 10 star weapons I know of online in the jp version right now are 2 different 10 star double sabers and a 10 star rod.

EDIT: Which I find amusing because rods are fortecher only, and double sabers are fighgunner only. Which means, right now, every class can equip every weapon of the weapon types they can equip (with the exception of claires, which are dirt cheap and it seems like nobody uses on the jp version. As I said before, I got my ice claire saber for 17k).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2006-11-26 23:29 ]</font>

Remedy
Nov 27, 2006, 02:29 AM
Yeah, I saw the picture of the 10* Rod (Horurod? Something like that?) and it's the first Force weapon I've seen (with the exception of the Halloween one that we won't ever get) that actually looks, well, interesting.

Is it too much to ask to harken back to the days of Psycho Wand/Glide Divine/Summit Moon? =/

Gazette
Nov 27, 2006, 02:30 AM
How the hell do you waste 4 hajirods on current A missions.
I can make it with a full set of Wands and a single Rod to back it all at the very end.

Look I'm not advocating that Fo's who use wands go insane with their casts.
But I don't agree that PP should be the only factor that rules out the use of a weapon.
Each weapon class is there for a reason, situations differ, meaning one weapon can easily outperform another from time to time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2006-11-26 23:33 ]</font>

Remedy
Nov 27, 2006, 02:32 AM
Healing?
Reversering?
Ra- techniques?
Element switching to optimize damage?

I could go on. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

And yes, for PP reliant classes (Read: Forces and Rangers), PP should be the SOLE determining factor in weapon choice.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 27, 2006, 02:32 AM
I carry 3 x haji +4 and 2 x cane +4 with a 5* bow.

In a good party I blow thru both my wands and 1 1/2 haji for most places.

In a lacking party I use up pretty much everything, in a duo (just me and another person on A rank) I have to recharge 1/2 thru the mission usually. I dont do like I see ALOT of forces do and just pretty much tag mobs and float around healing with the occasional spell. I am casting constantly I never stop casting, I even cast at dead enemies http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I definitly carry a large part of the dps for the party and wouldnt have it any other way. In extreme situations where hp is droping like crazy and lots of status effects I may drop into a healer mode for abit but thats rare and usually only when I am partied with hunters that take hits like a girl (probably wearing 1* armor in A rank)

That all said I always use my wands first, they do alot more dps, and let me hit mobs easier with the faster casting.

Gazette
Nov 27, 2006, 02:39 AM
The only thing that should be considered the SOLE determining factor for making a weapon choice in this game is the individual's choice.

I said it before and I'll say it again, this game is very situational, meaning you're going to change weapon and playstyle often during the course of a mission.
Base your choice on what you enjoy playing, not what one person sees as the most effective way of play.

Personally I enjoy dishing out damage,
I believe Wands allow me to do so without having to gimp my output with the use of something like Me/quick.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 27, 2006, 02:44 AM
last i checked none of us have a me/quick anyways http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

me personally I have and use a gi/magic

Kent
Nov 27, 2006, 02:48 AM
On 2006-11-26 23:32, Remedy wrote:
And yes, for PP reliant classes (Read: Forces and Rangers), PP should be the SOLE determining factor in weapon choice.

For Forces, I completely agree - you'll get a ridiculous amount of TP if you're playing a Human or Newman, so there's no need to compensate. However, I haven't played Ranger much, and I do realize that PP is important for guns... But I don't know, I'd think ATP would be at least a little bit important for a Ranger. :/ As long as the difference in PP isn't huge, of course.

Itsuki
Nov 27, 2006, 02:49 AM
If it matters any, weapons 7* and higher are only made by one manufacturer, meaning that the game decides for you and it doesn't really matter if you want more PP or what not.

Remedy
Nov 27, 2006, 02:58 AM
Yeah, that's true.

Even all you Wand users (lol) will be using Yohmei. So hah. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

(Shame my Ranger will be stuck with GRM garbage. =T.T=)