PDA

View Full Version : Are there still rare item drops in P.S.U.?

Rhea
Nov 26, 2006, 09:14 PM
In P.S.O. you could get awsome items by chance from creatures. Does that still apply in P.S.U.?

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 09:15 PM
Not nearly as much, but yeah.

Rhea
Nov 26, 2006, 09:17 PM
So i can still find stuff like all of that P.S.O. junk by killing stuff, right?

Xbob
Nov 26, 2006, 09:19 PM
To some extent, much moreso in the next few updates.

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 09:20 PM
Most weapons and armor need to be produced from rare materials by synthesis now, but surely there will be certain rare weapons that will only be obtainable from drops. I hope so anyway.

You can find weapons from killing enemies, but it's far less common now.

Rhea
Nov 26, 2006, 09:23 PM
I've noticed...

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 09:24 PM
....sorry about that?

Dihnekis
Nov 26, 2006, 09:26 PM
I'm not seeing anywhere near the same amount of rares as PSO had. Hopefully this will be fixed in the upcoming weeks.

PSO had countless unique items, PSU has small numbers.

Step backward in the rare area (so far).

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 26, 2006, 09:27 PM
Only reason you saw that many rares on pso was because of hacks/dupes anyways.

Xbob
Nov 26, 2006, 09:27 PM
It's to keep the economy in check. In the end we'll have just as many if not far more, but not all at once. I for one think it's a good thing. Before we even hit the mid-level rare finds in PSO people were hacking Heaven Punishers -_-.

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 09:29 PM
I had a full set of rare equipments. All legitimate. And then a few mules worth of full rare bank accounts. Mostly legit.

I had some hacked MAGs that I lent my lower level friends so we could goof off together, but other than that, Rares in general weren't that rare.

hucast21
Nov 26, 2006, 09:32 PM
Wait until the next update and S rank missions. There will be plenty of good (usable, i.e. weapons) rares.

Guitarsmasher
Nov 26, 2006, 10:03 PM
yea of course you can, but right now, its mainly just rare boards of synthing materials. but like hucast said, in teh next update, S-rank weps/armors galore

Genobee
Nov 26, 2006, 10:06 PM
yea but the crappy ass ctach is even if you find a mad rare item, you have to synth it, and if you fail, then no more rare for you, not to mention you have to find all the items and they are probly rares them selfs and extremely hard to find as well, if you don't wanna find um you can buy them from people but the comon shop owner is a moron and wills ell it for like 5X that it's worth, To tell you the truth this is the dumbist syetem I have ever heard of.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-11-26 19:07 ]</font>

Xbob
Nov 26, 2006, 10:09 PM
On 2006-11-26 19:06, Genobee wrote:
yea but the crappy ass ctach is even if you find a mad rare item, you have to synth it, and if you fail, then no more rare for you, not to mention you have to find all the items and they are probly rares them selfs and extremely hard to find as well, if you don't wanna find um you can buy them from people but the comon shop owner is a moron and wills ell it for like 5X that it's worth, To tell you the truth this is the dumbist syetem I have ever heard of.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-11-26 19:07 ]</font>

It's designed for:

1. To keep rare items worthy of the title "rare." which is because
2. You can't just find every rare left and right.
3. They stay expensive, making meseta worth much more.

Economy balance is something ST obviously wanted to go for.

Genobee
Nov 26, 2006, 10:42 PM
Actualy it makes rares worthless, why bother spending all that money if it's gonna break.

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 10:44 PM
Genobee has apparently had some issues with rare items in the past, as he made one bitchy post about a Relic Edge before. People like that, well, you just need to learn to deal with 'em I guess.

And the point, my friend, is that if it works, you're even more awesome than if you just right-out found the thing. Anyone with a Svaltus Sword +10 is a total badass. Case closed.

Genobee
Nov 26, 2006, 10:51 PM
On 2006-11-26 19:44, VelosofLight wrote:
Genobee has apparently had some issues with rare items in the past, as he made one bitchy post about a Relic Edge before. People like that, well, you just need to learn to deal with 'em I guess.

And the point, my friend, is that if it works, you're even more awesome than if you just right-out found the thing. Anyone with a Svaltus Sword +10 is a total badass. Case closed.

A, get your facts striaght before you beraid me cause you look like a total noob.

B. No I never made a relic edge bitch post, because i have 20 of them and I'm selling them cause you only need 2 for a weapon I found out I can't use as a forte fighter.

C. Svaltus edge makes a Svaltus Sword.

D. Everyone Helps with the group so if I pick up a ME/Consentrate I will willingly hand it to the Force,

E. you just reminded me why I kick people like you from a group

F. I was illastrating groups would be better if it was need before greed.

and G. you Fail, not get lost, the adults are talking.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-11-26 19:52 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-11-26 19:54 ]</font>

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 10:54 PM
Oh c'mon, seriously? I don't do flamewars.

Genobee
Nov 26, 2006, 10:56 PM
On 2006-11-26 19:54, VelosofLight wrote:

I wasn't flaming, I was pointing out facts that make you look like a moron. It would be wise if you actualy thought before you actualy posted. K thx bye

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-11-26 19:56 ]</font>

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 10:57 PM
Does anyone here disagree that owning a Svaltus Sword +10 makes one awesome?

Rokiv
Nov 26, 2006, 10:58 PM
On 2006-11-26 19:54, VelosofLight wrote:

BUT I DO!

YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF FAGS.

But seriously, it is rather disenheartening that you cant just pick up rare weapons. Its just crea boards, really.

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 11:00 PM
I will agree with that, it was always exciting to just be able to pick up the weapon and then run around showing off to the others who probably also abandoned battle and made a dash for it. Time would stand still for a second as you equipped that untechered sword you found to see what it was. And then it was a Sealed J Sword?! -faint!- Yeah. Those days are over, I guess. Now it's more private. Your heart stops while you wait to see if the synthesis worked. Not the same.

Rhea
Nov 26, 2006, 11:00 PM
Children! Play nicley!! Thanks to all of you for... explaining, debating, and answering my question.

DizzyDi
Nov 26, 2006, 11:01 PM
I'm sure that there are some rare non-board pick-ups, but those are probably even more rare than the boards.
I personally don't mind going through a lot of trouble for a rare, s'why they're called RARE. And yes, a +10 svaltus sowrd makes you awesome, even moreso with a good elemental%.

Xbob
Nov 26, 2006, 11:02 PM
On 2006-11-26 19:42, Genobee wrote:
Actualy it makes rares worthless, why bother spending all that money if it's gonna break.

It's either gonna work or it's not. That's the risk you take and it's what makes rares worth it. If you disagree that's fine. But you still like to kiss men.

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 11:04 PM
On 2006-11-26 20:02, Xbob wrote:

It's either gonna work or it's not. That's the risk you take and it's what makes rares worth it. If you disagree that's fine. But you still like to kiss men.

I'm not gonna flame him, but I'll definitely back your claims that he kisses men. Also, the chance of failure in item production would make them more valuable, right?

Genobee
Nov 26, 2006, 11:11 PM
On 2006-11-26 20:02, Xbob wrote:

Yea I'm gay you got a problem?

Aaron777
Nov 26, 2006, 11:15 PM
whats wrong with this picture...jeez why can't people just be nice. It's only a game...

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 11:16 PM
Oh. If you're actually gay, I have no problem with that. It just seems so insulting to heterosexual guys that it's funny. Well, carry on with your man-kissing, then.

But Svaltus Sword +10 is still awesome!

princejake2
Nov 26, 2006, 11:23 PM
"To tell you the truth this is the dumbist syetem I have ever heard of. "

That got a laugh out of me.

Rhea
Nov 28, 2006, 06:33 PM
Umm... Yeah... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_pengy.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Rhea
Nov 28, 2006, 06:39 PM
What's this about "cards"? How do you get them?

Wheatpenny
Nov 28, 2006, 06:45 PM
OFG LMAO MAN HERE I AM AT WORK BORED AND I AM GETING COMICAL ENTERTAINMENT FROM YOU 2 DUKING IT OUT ONLINE LMAO.But seriously now can't we all just get along,and if we can't can't we all just go to McDonalds and enjoy a Crispy Chicken Club in peace.?

Rhea
Nov 28, 2006, 07:58 PM
WHAT THE FUNK!!!??? That's just.... random...

Warnen
Nov 28, 2006, 08:50 PM
I hope it doesn't get like PSO. I would love to see a group of high lvl guys with a buch of cool stuff even if I probably won't be able to get it (been playing from day 1 and I'm only lvl 28 lol). Thankfully "non rare" weapons are good enough. I bought a Srank Twin daggers offline, I'll be happy with the regular Srank spear online http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

KirinDave
Nov 28, 2006, 08:57 PM
The nice part about the PSU synth system is that rare boards can drop much more frequently. Even if it's just a board, it's nice to see your name come up in orange. 3 seconds of elation. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Agne
Nov 29, 2006, 12:52 AM
i figured it out!!! most of these ppl now complaining came in after hacks and dupes started in old systems!!!!! they don't remember how rare the real rares were. not 7 ppl here could actually say they found the heaven's punisher but i bet all could say they owned it........hmmmmm:) that's right i said it and flame it. you ppl came in when all the rares were easy to find and the times were easy, when really searching for a rare was a forgotten art on the few. BLAM!!!!! but i don't hate you for it.. i just realized my stupidity for getting mad at your stupidity.