PDA

View Full Version : Is it Just Me, or are people do people who Solo get Screwed?

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 10:17 PM
Maybe luck is cumulative?

DarkSeph
Nov 26, 2006, 10:17 PM
In reference to Rares, it seems that even with luck level 3 and going into battle with a PM, people are getting screwed! For rare enemies and rare items.

Anyone else notice this? And it seems like the only way to see rare enemies at ALL is to be in a group of at least 5 or 6.

Xbob
Nov 26, 2006, 10:25 PM
Well stop soloing while online, you creepy backwards hermits.

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 10:37 PM
I hoard items. Other players want my items. They can't have my items. -shifty eyes-

Still though, one day I think Male Casts and Female Casts both had Luck 3, and I went with my CAST Ender, Lou, and my PM. I found some pretty cool stuff that time.

Aaomi
Nov 26, 2006, 10:37 PM
On 2006-11-26 19:25, Xbob wrote:

Soloing is good for farming, and when soloing I don't notice any real differance in rare drop rates.
(Just that they all go to me MWAHAHAHAHAHA... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Genobee
Nov 26, 2006, 10:40 PM
I solo so I can get rares, because no mater waht rares drop some douche bag will always pic it up if he doesn't need it, O look a relics edge! and a force pics it up.

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 10:41 PM
No shit, 'cause it's worth an assload. If you want the Relic Edge, pay the Force for it. He got it fair and square.

Genobee
Nov 26, 2006, 10:43 PM
Probly not because people will usualy take rares that dropped right infront on the person who killed the mob. And so what if it's worth alot of money, Need before greed.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 26, 2006, 10:43 PM
Yeah, if a Hunter loses an item to a Force when it's Finders Keepers, the Hunter needs to jump off a bridge because he's doing it wrong.

I'll be damned if i'm gonna lose an item to a Hunter or Force as a Ranger. I'm leveling up my shotty rounds at PB with a pair of Shigga Amza +5's. If it drops, and I can profit, it's mine. I've gotta afford A-Ranks for my 50 Hunter AND my 42 aspiring Guntecher.

Unfair? Yeah. You've got half the cost because you only have one char. Hush and go solo your rares. D:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-11-26 19:45 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Nov 26, 2006, 10:46 PM
Greed before Need.

If you're with friends, it doesn't matter who gets it because you'll give it to the person who needs it. Why? He's your friend.

In pick up parties? LOL. I'm probably never going to see these guys again for another month or two, so why the hell should I let them get anything? If they are too slow, too bad.

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 10:48 PM
Thank you, Garnet_Moon. Finally, someone that has some idea how the world works.

If I'm with friends and I find a Relic Edge, if one of them is trying to make the S-Rank double, that one gets it. If noone is, I'll sell it and we'll split the cash. If I'm with strangers, screw those guys.

KiteWolfwood
Nov 26, 2006, 10:52 PM
For once I agree with Genobee. Just because you don't know or won't see the person again doesn't make it right. But this is how the world works sad as it is.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 26, 2006, 10:53 PM
You make it seem like we're doing this to be mean, Kite. We're not.

You'll be lucky to run into a kind person who will leave a rare drop for you, and/or if he grabs it won't charge you for it. It's loot or be looted.

I didn't bring the guns to the table. I just grabbed the ones that where already there. D:

AnamanaAU
Nov 26, 2006, 10:54 PM
I'm pretty sure it's all cumulative, because I've only ever seen rappies in parties. Soloing with any level of luck has only ever yielded a Fluo board for me.

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 26, 2006, 10:58 PM
Saw rappies soloing by myself for nanocarbon :3

Not screwed. Rewarded~

Aaomi
Nov 26, 2006, 11:00 PM
This is why I don't join parties with "Give Finders" set http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

OMGTank
Nov 26, 2006, 11:00 PM
I don't know if it's all cumulative and I kind of doubt it. Usually in a party,party being 4+ people, I only noticed 1 or 2 rares dropping usually regardless of what everyone's luck is and the other day I duoed with my friend and before I knew it we'd found 3 olpad and some AtomizerXs. Both Relic Edges I've seen drop have been in 3 man parties and not huge groups. So either I have horrible partyraredrop luck or it's not cumulative. Who knows.

Genobee
Nov 26, 2006, 11:08 PM
God forbid some one trys to make friends. Ask any of the people I hang with on PSO or PSU, My friend Jason first day I met him I thought he was cool and I found out he realy wanted the Book of Katana 3 so the next day I ran out sreached all day for the book traded for it and gave him the book, and I only new him a day and we have been best friends since, my friend chris, met him the first day hooked him up with all rare armor and weapons, and I only knew him 5 minutes, and my friend Lede quested with him twice and I gave him a Me/consentrate the when it dropped and I picked it up. and my friend Dawn the first day I met him I hooked him up with enitire new aresenal of weapons free of charge.

And aparently I'm the bad guy acording th Garnet.

Flamingo99
Nov 26, 2006, 11:10 PM
On 2006-11-26 19:25, Xbob wrote:

I lol'ed when i read this...

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 11:11 PM
On 2006-11-26 19:53, Garnet_Moon wrote:
You make it seem like we're doing this to be mean, Kite. We're not.

You'll be lucky to run into a kind person who will leave a rare drop for you, and/or if he grabs it won't charge you for it. It's loot or be looted.

I didn't bring the guns to the table. I just grabbed the ones that where already there. D:

I brought the rare gun I found soloing! Haha, that'll teach you guys not to party!

(...okay, so I don't think there are really any rare guns yet, but... ummm... shhh....)

Garnet_Moon
Nov 26, 2006, 11:21 PM
That's what we need! Salvation Army for PSU!

Let's improve every single gimp that graces PSU with free weapons and armor, so they aren't gimps anymore. Hell, we can even give them our partner cards and pretend to be their friends! Hey, leeches make good friends too y'know. :3

McLaughlin
Nov 26, 2006, 11:25 PM
I earm my ****. People can earn theirs.

Wackonus
Nov 26, 2006, 11:25 PM
I think it's funny and if it's so unlucky go and find someone who might consider being your friend. Then fight in co-op. Its simple.
Unless your still unlucky with or without partners. Either way I don't care.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 26, 2006, 11:26 PM
Aw Zeta, now is the time to be giving not recieving! Where is your christmas spirit? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

jnblz316
Nov 26, 2006, 11:28 PM
thats when you set the drops to set distribution. I know, nut it's better then some random character getting an item that you want. At least there's a good chance you will get it ^_^

Xbob
On 2006-11-26 20:08, Genobee wrote:
God forbid some one trys to make friends. Ask any of the people I hang with on PSO or PSU, My friend Jason first day I met him I thought he was cool and I found out he realy wanted the Book of Katana 3 so the next day I ran out sreached all day for the book traded for it and gave him the book, and I only new him a day and we have been best friends since, my friend chris, met him the first day hooked him up with all rare armor and weapons, and I only knew him 5 minutes, and my friend Lede quested with him twice and I gave him a Me/consentrate the when it dropped and I picked it up. and my friend Dawn the first day I met him I hooked him up with enitire new aresenal of weapons free of charge.

And aparently I'm the bad guy acording th Garnet.

So... constantly bitching and complaining about everything you disagree with is your way of making friends on the PSOW boards...?

ViciousXUSMC
Soloing has its purpose.

At 8:30AM when I get off work its near impossible to find a good game, esp in the lesser played areas of neudaze, so I go solo on C rank. The rares are nothing nice on C rank but the xp and money nearly ties or beats alot of team games on higher difficutly.

I much prefer to party but its just not always possible. 9/10 any game on the difficutly and stage I want is full already or locked. Somtimes it works to make my own game (like relics) but somthing like Onma A you have to bring a group.

The other thing is, when in a party my role is very diffrent as a force, I use mostly my single target high dmg techs because they cast faster, get me more killing blows, and cost less PP. Using Ra techs just leaves me with alot of misses, monsters flying everywhere and not grouped up alot of times you can never get 3 targets and it doesnt maximize my group effectivness. Then ontop of that is all my heals and reverser cast.

When solo, I can line up enemies the way I want, and use any spell I want. Wich in this case is Barta and my Ra spells since they are the ones behind in lvl. Diga and Foi were maxed out long ago.

princejake2
Nov 26, 2006, 11:30 PM
No, apperently giving shit to n00bs is.

Eternal_Drake
Nov 26, 2006, 11:30 PM
Garnet is right, Greed before Need indeed.

If I join a pug and it is Give Finder, guess what? I am going to tag everything then run around monsters spamming X, taking all the items while you are still in the middle of your combo. Not to mention I will loot all of your boxes while you are fighting. If you don't like it, set it to random/order, boot me, or password your games.

McLaughlin
Nov 26, 2006, 11:32 PM
My Christmas Spirit ran away last Thursday, when I found out my English Mark.

You take away part of the game when you hand some random idiot everything on a silver platter. If I can start out with identicle gear and stats, and get to where I am without help, I see no reason why they shouldn't be able to as well. They can work for their crap, and then they can take pride in saying "I found ________ at _________." Not saying "Oh, I begged and pleaded for it and some guy gave it to me..."

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 11:37 PM
Agreed with Eternal_Drake. As bastardly as it sounds, I had a game with rare items set to Finder, and I wanted to just play fair, but another party member was doing exactly what you said, so I had no choice but to do the same to keep from losing everything. At the time, I was level 5 and didn't know how to boot.

Aaomi
Nov 26, 2006, 11:49 PM
I'm still surprised with how many people leave games set at "Give Finder" and don't have a password. Heck even when I set a password I still set it to "Random/Order" just incase someone guesses my password and I don't feel like booting.

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 11:51 PM
The 4-digit combination lock is much better than the PSO password system. I mean, I'd get a kick out of breaking into the games of others, especially low-level Battle Mode games with easy passwords, but since now I'm also in danger of getting trouble from sneaky players, this works better. I always just randomly mess up the digits and get something like 4207, a number that has no relation to anything and isn't as simple as, say, 0001 or 9999.

Xbob
Nov 26, 2006, 11:51 PM
I like my games to Give Finder.

Wallin
Nov 26, 2006, 11:54 PM
The morning that Moatoob came out I decided to check it out before work and solo a mission. On that first run I ran into the Chao/Jaggos. So I wouldn't necessarily agree with the OP since in all the times I've partied since the beginning of PSU I've only seen Rappys 3 times, never got the feather loot once from any of those encounters, only saw [B] Crea Sabers drop once, didn't get that either, and no other rares, so right now my soloing is actually better. Plus I get all the money and synth mats I want. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2006-11-26 20:55 ]</font>

princejake2
Nov 26, 2006, 11:57 PM
Eh. No Crea boards or rare monsters for me and I've been play since release, about 160 hours now. Meh.

VelosofLight
Yeah, and while soloing, if something happens that costs me my S-Rank, I can just start over without worrying about other players. It's a pretty good system, really.

Eternal_Drake
70+ hours of gameplay, level 38, not one rare anything yet.

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 11:59 PM
145+ hours of gameplay, levels 31, 9, and 10. Tons of rare furnitures and materials and stuff, but no rare weapons.

You mean to say you haven't gotten even a Kubara Wood, E_D?

hucast21
Nov 27, 2006, 12:02 AM
On 2006-11-26 20:57, Eternal_Drake wrote:
70+ hours of gameplay, level 38, not one rare anything yet.

You have the worst luck ever.

AeraLure
Nov 27, 2006, 12:03 AM
Hmm. You're joking right Seph? I solo a lot and have seen Orgus on Relics A twice in the last five days. I honestly dont think soloing has anything to do at all with rare boss sightings. Now granted, partying has its place too, since there are some bosses I dont particularly feel like soloing to (though very likely could), as well as other times, its simply fun to party.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-11-26 21:17 ]</font>

Wallin
Nov 27, 2006, 12:03 AM
Pfft, Kubara Wood shouldn't even be considered a rare - it's more common on and sells for cheaper on most player shops than they sell Neu Wood. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

VelosofLight
Nov 27, 2006, 12:04 AM
Yes, but regardless of what should be considered a rare, we know that it is considered a rare, since the game says so.

Eternal_Drake
Nov 27, 2006, 12:06 AM
Oh shit, wrong words. I meant no rare monsters.

-Crokar-
Nov 27, 2006, 12:08 AM
70 hours of gameplay

lvl 36

tons of crappy rares
lots of room decorations
made 2 crea sabers

7 rappy sightings 5 feathers

and i pretty much only solo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Crokar- on 2006-11-26 21:08 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Crokar- on 2006-11-26 21:14 ]</font>

VelosofLight
Nov 27, 2006, 12:08 AM
Oh, yeah. I got two Rappies and 3 Jaggos. I got 2 Jao Delmas (the non-rare drop), and no feathers. W00.

Wallin
Nov 27, 2006, 12:09 AM
They're overrated anyway. They drop nothing, drop money, or drop only one rare item that you need 2+ more of just to make something with them... then you need to look for them again for another 100 hours of play, twice, or just spend 5-15k in the player shops for the same thing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

AeraLure
Nov 27, 2006, 12:21 AM
On 2006-11-26 21:09, Wallin wrote:
They're overrated anyway. They drop nothing, drop money, or drop only one rare item that you need 2+ more of just to make something with them... then you need to look for them again for another 100 hours of play, twice, or just spend 5-15k in the player shops for the same thing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Well, yeah. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif They ARE still fun to see though. In my Orgdus sightings I have gotten a grand total of 1 Goldania. Go me. A couple more and I can lose them in a synth attempt when the board is available. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

VelosofLight
Nov 27, 2006, 12:25 AM
How many does it take? O_o;

StillOffline
Nov 27, 2006, 12:33 AM
i thought it was fact that only the leader's luck effects drop rate and so on

AeraLure
Nov 27, 2006, 12:36 AM
On 2006-11-26 21:25, VelosofLight wrote:

Goldania's? Three I believe. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

VelosofLight
Nov 27, 2006, 12:38 AM
To make what, exactly? I mean, that seems pretty crazy, it better be good...

AeraLure
Nov 27, 2006, 12:45 AM
On 2006-11-26 21:38, VelosofLight wrote:

Correction: 15 Goldanias. Makes Crea Double supposedly, along with 2 Relic Edges and misc materials and and S-Rank double saber. o.O

That Goldania is looking more and more like shop fodder, huh? lol. Will wait a while and see.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-11-26 21:48 ]</font>

Lyrise
Nov 27, 2006, 12:47 AM
On 2006-11-26 21:36, AeraLure wrote:

On 2006-11-26 21:25, VelosofLight wrote:

Goldania's? Three I believe. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nope, 15. Goldania is a fusion metal you need for genuine Claire/Crea weaponry. The first one made available to you is Clairedoubles (Doublesaber).

AeraLure
Nov 27, 2006, 12:49 AM
^ That is a lot of Orgdus sightings. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Genobee
Nov 27, 2006, 12:50 AM
On 2006-11-26 21:45, AeraLure wrote:

On 2006-11-26 21:38, VelosofLight wrote:

Correction: 15 Goldanias. Makes Crea Double supposedly, along with 2 Relic Edges and misc materials and and S-Rank double saber. o.O

That Goldania is looking more and more like shop fodder, huh? lol. Will wait a while and see.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-11-26 21:48 ]</font>

I heard when we get Bloody Gourge S, Goldania drops like candy. Cause I think getting 15 rares off a rare mob was alittle much O.o

VelosofLight
Nov 27, 2006, 12:51 AM
Is the rare Stateria the only way to get it?

Edit: Apparently not. (Above post. )

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VelosofLight on 2006-11-26 21:52 ]</font>

AeraLure
Nov 27, 2006, 12:53 AM
Good to know, because with my luck I'd need at least 30. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Lyrise
Nov 27, 2006, 12:59 AM
Probably even more. Real claire synthesis rates are abyssmal. 24 hours, and even though my PM isn't pure (71 strike), its still 37% for me. 43% if it was perfect.

Blenjar
Nov 27, 2006, 01:02 AM
On 2006-11-26 19:46, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Greed before Need.

If you're with friends, it doesn't matter who gets it because you'll give it to the person who needs it. Why? He's your friend.

In pick up parties? LOL. I'm probably never going to see these guys again for another month or two, so why the hell should I let them get anything? If they are too slow, too bad.

+1

Here's a hint to get rares or other stuff:
1. Always tap your A button 20 right after ur team player finishes off a monster(s).
2. Run to the boxes first.
3. Don't feel sorry? If they bugging u just do your best to get them the lowest rank possible.

lol...i dont really do that but I will if people piss me off.

-- Blen

-- Blen

Eternal_Drake
Nov 27, 2006, 01:05 AM
On 2006-11-26 22:02, Blenjar wrote:

On 2006-11-26 19:46, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Greed before Need.

+1

Here's a hint to get rares or other stuff:
1. Always tap your A button 20 right after ur team player finishes off a monster(s).
2. Run to the boxes first.
3. Don't feel sorry? If they bugging u just do your best to get them the lowest rank possible.

lol...i dont really do that but I will if people piss me off.

-- Blen

-- Blen

You forgot to mention where you warp them all to the next stage before they can open the boxes after they kill a boss.

AeraLure
Nov 27, 2006, 01:14 AM
On 2006-11-26 21:59, Lyrise wrote:
Probably even more. Real claire synthesis rates are abyssmal. 24 hours, and even though my PM isn't pure (71 strike), its still 37% for me. 43% if it was perfect.

lol. Oh noes. My PM is getting me back for all the "This doesnt taste very fresh" things I fed her. Gotta be what it is, because 37% might as well be 3%. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Wallin
Nov 27, 2006, 01:28 AM
Welcome to the world of Armor PM synth %s... LOL

DarkSeph
Nov 27, 2006, 01:32 AM
WOW! Didn't know this thread would end up so long.

I have spent 140+ hrs playing and about 3/4ths of that soloing. It just seemed like in the party battles there were lots more rare loot to be had. It's interesting to hear what has happened to everyone else. I actually did get a Crea Saber Board drop in the De Ragan Run A. And I even died once that time, it was really weird, got it right at the end from a Green Piggy. Aside from that haven't gotten much that you'd consider rare, only seen other people get it in the Party Scene http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I know that in all the Phantasy Star games so far this whole system of rare droppage has been quite a nusance when it comes to parties, it brings out the worst in people usually. The Greed! I basically look for that one awesome rare weapon I want (or the board to make it) and say with that Crea Saber I sell it off for a below average price or trade or give it away even cuz I don't even need it. Someday maybe SEGA will wake up and realize what a problem this whole rare thing is to the team setting (ie: makes people want to solo) And in a way they KNOW that it is a problem because DUH, they have made it so you have to PAY this time just to play online with the character you want ((unless your satisfied with playing a guy in story mode....)) So it's a poor excuse on their part.... They should take a lesson from Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles...let people choose from a list of rares at the end of a boss battle or simply give equal rares for a job well done!

But what do I know.....I just waste my time and money on them same as everyone....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkSeph on 2006-11-26 22:35 ]</font>

AeraLure
Nov 27, 2006, 01:42 AM
Yeah, in PSO I basically solo'd when I sought rares, and played in groups when I sought simply gameplay, some exp, and the odd occasional surprise. Seperated my two activities liek that mostly and really enjoyed myself that way, sicne I was so relaxed and content in parties even when I really got nothing to show for it. Exception was when playing on JP servers or with my main playgroup, since we usually picked up whatever during play and then sorted it out afterwards and everyone went away happy.

Here on PSU so far I have solo'd a lot. Mostly because of needed PM development funds, but now lately just to do inane things like shoot Zonde at everything to level it up some more (I hate Zonde, you dumb little yellow missile), level my PM so perhaps she will be more kind to me when synthing (but I think she simply plots whilst I sleep), and to turn over every rock for more nanocarbons since my PM likes to eat those more than anything else I ever fed her, giving nothing in return. Even so, I party a lot too. It'll be all the more necessary now as harder missions come out. That and heck, its simply fun to party. I still go into PSU parties much the same as I did in PSO - looking for fun and having much less concern about items. I take care of that mostly through some soloing when I am up for it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-11-26 22:43 ]</font>