PDA

View Full Version : Mag: Which is better?

Wackonus
Nov 26, 2006, 11:23 PM
Which is better these new stupid mags or the old mags that help your stats and gave you special power-ups and attacks.

Personally I like the old mags more. More variety and just better.

EphekZ
Nov 26, 2006, 11:24 PM
Sure

Garnet_Moon
I like the current ones.

If you suck in PSU, you suck. You can't hide behind a POW Mag and benefit fromt hat delicious Instant Win button on their backs.

Xbob
This poll isn't biased at all. It takes account everything that both mags and PM's do and compares them thoughroghly. Thanks for the priveledge to post in such an amazing thread.

princejake2
Nov 26, 2006, 11:25 PM
On 2006-11-26 20:24, Garnet_Moon wrote:
I like the current ones.

If you suck in PSU, you suck. You can't hide behind a POW Mag and benefit fromt hat delicious Instant Win button on their backs.

QFT

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 26, 2006, 11:28 PM
The PM.... IS the mag *har har ahar har ack cough*

I prefer calling Pm's the name mag anyways. Feels more used to it. dont like saying PM, makes my tounge all twichy.~

Wackonus
Nov 26, 2006, 11:29 PM
I could never be bad at an rpg, but I prefer being strong with a mag that makes me stronger, than just strong with a dumb kid following me blurting out "That rappy thing is cute but we must kill it" a thousand times.

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 11:31 PM
Why not have both? That would be awesome. Your PM could even have a function that allowed it to 'babysit' MAGs, and it could have a special extra-storage to put MAG food in, so it'd automatically feed them whenever they got hungry with food from the special stash. And then your PMs could have MAGs too and... and... and...

Yeah...

Eternal_Drake
Nov 26, 2006, 11:31 PM
I liked leveling my mags to 200 and giving them to my level 1's.

VelosofLight
Nov 26, 2006, 11:33 PM
And then there were the hacked 1308's... Ah, good times.

GreenArcher
Nov 26, 2006, 11:34 PM
Yeah...nothing was better than power grinding to level 80...
Those first twenty levels, now that was some real PSO fun (especially with a shot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif)
KILLTACULAR!

princejake2
Nov 26, 2006, 11:34 PM
On 2006-11-26 20:31, VelosofLight wrote:
Why not have both? That would be awesome. Your PM could even have a function that allowed it to 'babysit' MAGs, and it could have a special extra-storage to put MAG food in, so it'd automatically feed them whenever they got hungry with food from the special stash. And then your PMs could have MAGs too and... and... and...

Yeah...

You tried, don't be so hard on yourself ^_^

Eternal_Drake
Nov 26, 2006, 11:35 PM
Ugh I couldn't imagine having to feed both a PM and a mag, awful idea.

Brochan
Nov 27, 2006, 01:06 AM
Mags are the best, who doesn't like capes and wings that float behind you and send your stats through the roof....synthesis is nice and all but in my opinion PSO rocks PSU hands down! Casts with Techs...really now..thats just silly!

VelosofLight
Nov 27, 2006, 01:08 AM
Oh Eternal_Drake, just 'cause you can't afford something doesn't make it a bad idea! I mean, I can't afford 6* guns, but I have nothing against 'em...

Wallin
Nov 27, 2006, 01:09 AM
I would rather have stat bonuses than my PM following me around, doing crappy damage no matter what partner level she becomes as a 440 with a junky shotgun (for now while the other types of 400 PMs aren't out anyway), and spouting words of "encouragement" all... day... long... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2006-11-26 22:09 ]</font>

VelosofLight
Nov 27, 2006, 01:12 AM
How is the 440? I don't know if I want a 440 or a 430...

VanHalen
yay lets bash the PMs and say how they suck to PSO mags Hurray! now back on topic the PMs are better they actually look cooler and have smarter battle features

also i dont remember the last time the mag made me a sword and looked cute about it

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2006-11-26 22:13 ]</font>

Eternal_Drake
On 2006-11-26 22:08, VelosofLight wrote:
Oh Eternal_Drake, just 'cause you can't afford something doesn't make it a bad idea! I mean, I can't afford 6* guns, but I have nothing against 'em...

True true. Even if you could afford a 6* gun, good luck finding one [I have yet to see any besides 50,000 6* bows and like 2 6* handguns]

VelosofLight
Nov 27, 2006, 01:14 AM
-cries- I needs me more fire power. ; ;

And, um, VanHalen...? Oh, nevermind. I'm not even gonna try to explain.

AlMcFly
Nov 27, 2006, 01:14 AM
Now all you lame beginners can't cheat your way up to being more powerful. All you lazy ass idiots who spammed the lobbies all day saying "ANYONE HAVE A LVL 100 MIND MAG FOR SALE" or "IT TAKES TOO LONG TO FEED SO I AM JUST BUYING ONE" or "I CAN'T EQUIP MY VIVIENNE IF I DON'T HAVE THIS MAG ON". That was one of the most annoying things about PSO.

I do like the diversity of designs mags had over PM's though.

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 27, 2006, 01:15 AM
I say mag because when im talking about pms It gets censored http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif. Damn you monthly visitor.

Gazette
Nov 27, 2006, 01:16 AM
Mags effectively broke the first levels of PSO if you had one preleveled or just given to you by a friend.

PM make for a far more balanced game.
Though I do miss my mag... Oh well.

VanHalen
Nov 27, 2006, 01:19 AM
On 2006-11-26 22:14, VelosofLight wrote:

oh lol its not what you think i dont look at the PMs that way lol

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 27, 2006, 01:21 AM
Loli-bots all the way!

VelosofLight
Nov 27, 2006, 01:22 AM
On 2006-11-26 22:19, VanHalen wrote:

Oh! NO! I just meant that you basically said that trashing on PMs was off-topic, but then turned right around and trashed on MAGs like it was okay. It kinda bugged me, but I didn't want to start anything...

If you thought that I thought you were implying a desire to have sexual relations with your PM, well, seriously. They're little girls dressed in frilly costumes and are about crotch high. You've never been alone at night and really needed a favor? <<;

Cross
Nov 27, 2006, 01:24 AM
Mags were really shitty. A mandatory chore that I have to attend to every three fucking minutes just to take the emphasis off of how well I play the game and put it onto how big I can grind my stats? No thanks.

PMs are a pretty awesome idea; it's a shame the game's AI sucks, but hey, at least they manage to be useful and optional, and have alternate functions to boot.

VanHalen
Nov 27, 2006, 01:26 AM
On 2006-11-26 22:22, VelosofLight wrote:

On 2006-11-26 22:19, VanHalen wrote:

Oh! NO! I just meant that you basically said that trashing on PMs was off-topic, but then turned right around and trashed on MAGs like it was okay. It kinda bugged me, but I didn't want to start anything...

If you thought that I thought you were implying a desire to have sexual relations with your PM, well, seriously. They're little girls dressed in frilly costumes and are about crotch high. You've never been alone at night and really needed a favor? <<;

eh im tired so what im saying sounded kinda reverse sorry it bugged you

and for the PM and favor thing havent we all been there lol no wait!!!! i feel like a pedophile TT_TT

Wallin
Nov 27, 2006, 01:29 AM
On 2006-11-26 22:12, VelosofLight wrote:
How is the 440? I don't know if I want a 440 or a 430...

440 is currently not that great. Her damage is nowhere near the 410s, yet she still constricts herself to being in close combat and takes quite a bit of unnecessary damage. Maybe once the laser cannon upgrade comes out they'll be better.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2006-11-26 22:30 ]</font>

AeraLure
Nov 27, 2006, 01:33 AM
Hmm. I guess I prefer PMs for the more balanced gameplay, implementation of the player stores, and a solo partner when one wants, even despite the inane text bubbles. Well, my 420 did start saying some new things around level 10, so possibly as my 410 levels further she will as well. Entirely possible too I was simply hallucinating. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif I still chuckle at "From behind!" and "O! Ho!" and I havent any idea why.

I have mixed feelings about synthing, and PMs are the main system for that. Like it or not one has to have them. I do miss the variety found in mags, but there are other PMs styles available later, we just dont know how (ie, can we continue their development, or do you have to start them over witha PM Zero? ugh if the latter). PSU isnt really about character stat customization, at least not through mats and mags. Possibly later on we can customize armor a bit or somply there are more units. So I suppose overall I like PMs.

I want to bribe mine. Feed it chocolate or cake and then ask please, might you successfully synth this 37% thing, hmm? She never listens. Figures.

Akagi
Nov 27, 2006, 02:38 AM
I'm sure that if PM's had the amount of variety of mags, then there would be a whole lot more people for PMs.

MayLee
Nov 27, 2006, 02:43 AM
I liked my Sato Mag, but now having something like a mag evolve to kick ass and make weapons for you..I'm going to have to go with a PM.

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 27, 2006, 03:31 AM
People shouldnt bee voting unless they are lvl 50 and SEEN IN ACTION what a PM with a high Battle Experience can do. They hit harder than u do...no joke..

AlMcFly
Nov 27, 2006, 03:43 AM
You can never solo with them in a stage in which enemies breath fire though. Fire is like a PM's Kryptonite http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif...

P.S. I have two lvl 100 PM's. One Striking(Sword/Daggers) and one Armor (Shotgun/Handguns).

FenixStryk
Nov 27, 2006, 03:43 AM
Obviously MAGs are better. They give you god-lke stats and insta-gib spells. A PM just gives you an NPC, and a bad one at that. To say a PM is better is to completely ignore the numbers.

AlMcFly
Nov 27, 2006, 03:45 AM
On 2006-11-27 00:43, FenixStryk wrote:
Obviously MAGs are better. They give you god-lke stats and insta-gib spells. A PM just gives you an NPC, and a bad one at that. To say a PM is better is to completely ignore the numbers.

We now know Fenix is all for shortcutting her way to the top, lol ;p...

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 27, 2006, 03:48 AM
I like the new ones better, the AI isnt all so hot but its nice to have sombody to fight with when your soloing, esp as a force.

lets not forget how utterly usless a photon blast was in anything above normal mode http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

(with the exception of a twins PB combo for god mode for a given amount of time, esp hucast with hit% mech guns!)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-11-27 00:50 ]</font>

Edg3
Nov 27, 2006, 10:05 AM
I'd rather have a mag than a PM.

Tsudori
Nov 27, 2006, 10:29 AM
MAGS made PSO quite broke, especially cause u can just give them to other people or new characters you create. Partner Machineries is the way forward

Dynobot
Nov 27, 2006, 10:45 AM
I still like the old mags because they level your stats too. However, the new "partner machines" are more challenging to level because is not like the old mags that you know what they like. The new partner machines accept up to 120 Items a day, and a mag can be feed 3 Items all day long. ( I like challenges anyway) Either way, the PM's are better than the old mags in the aspect that you can have them as a Partner to fight (depending on the level you have it) and that you can store Items in it (not that you have to run to the store room in P1 in PSO to get and deposit items). The old mags have the capibility of transforming again and again at certain levels and can become rare mags. (never heard of this hacked mag thing) Anyway, this is a Challenge vs Customs threath (For me it is XP)Either way, both are fun to have and both are fun to raise, difference one flies behind you and the other fights back when called

((This will be the end of my speech XD))

Dynobot
Nov 27, 2006, 10:46 AM
I still like the old mags because they level your stats too. However, the new "partner machines" are more challenging to level because is not like the old mags that you know what they like. The new partner machines accept up to 120 Items a day, and a mag can be feed 3 Items all day long. ( I like challenges anyway) Either way, the PM's are better than the old mags in the aspect that you can have them as a Partner to fight (depending on the level you have it) and that you can store Items in it (not that you have to run to the store room in P1 in PSO to get and deposit items). The old mags have the capibility of transforming again and again at certain levels and can become rare mags. (never heard of this hacked mag thing) Anyway, this is a Challenge vs Customs threath (For me it is XP)Either way, both are fun to have and both are fun to raise, difference one flies behind you and the other fights back when called

((This will be the end of my speech XD))