PDA

View Full Version : PSU Controls

Silmarwen
Nov 26, 2006, 11:26 PM
Anyone who has played it tell me if they can tell me the basic controls.

AKA Movement, Attack, Weapon-switch, and Magic Attack.

Silmarwen
Nov 26, 2006, 11:28 PM
Oops, My bad . . PC

Garnet_Moon
Nov 26, 2006, 11:28 PM
Left Analog stick character movement.
Right Analog stick swivel camera.

Wait, why can't you just look it up on the instruction manual for the platform you choose? o.O

Silmarwen
Nov 26, 2006, 11:29 PM
On 2006-11-26 20:28, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Left Analog stick character movement.
Right Analog stick swivel camera.

Wait, why can't you just look it up on the instruction manual for the platform you choose? o.O

Because . . it's an Xmas Present, and I can't touch it yet X_X

Garnet_Moon
Nov 26, 2006, 11:31 PM
I believe it's customizable for the PC edition, but from what I hear it's alot easier to buy a PS controller and use that instead.

Silmarwen
Nov 26, 2006, 11:33 PM
Interesting 0__o . .. for the PC?

Garnet_Moon
Nov 26, 2006, 11:34 PM
You could even hook up an Xbox 360 controller and use that on your PC. I don't have the links, but if you do a forum search you can find it. I hear it makes playing on the PC version painless.

EphekZ
Nov 26, 2006, 11:38 PM
mmm, only thing a controller has that's better is the ability to walk. Once you get used to controls it's really not bad.

movement for keyboard you use wasd and such.
for attack you press down for normal atack and right for PA.
for technics you use a rod or a cane. Rods have the abilty to store 4 techs on it, while Wands can only have 2. you use same controls really.

for double equip( I.E saber+handgun) you press up to go to your handgun and use that.
Left is to strafe.

Silmarwen
Nov 27, 2006, 12:23 AM
V/ interesting.

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 27, 2006, 12:26 AM
On 2006-11-26 20:38, darkgunner wrote:
mmm, only thing a controller has that's better is the ability to walk. Once you get used to controls it's really not bad.

movement for keyboard you use wasd and such.
for attack you press down for normal atack and right for PA.
for technics you use a rod or a cane. Rods have the abilty to store 4 techs on it, while Wands can only have 2. you use same controls really.

for double equip( I.E saber+handgun) you press up to go to your handgun and use that.
Left is to strafe.

actually some people can't strafe northeast or southwest for example due to pressing too many buttons on the keyboard at once.i use a 360 contrller myself http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 27, 2006, 12:28 AM
I use a 360 controller, I think it was a good investment.

works great with the xbcd drivers, only thing its lacking is the vibration support, but my new Klipsch subwoofer I got takes care of that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Silmarwen
Nov 27, 2006, 12:38 AM
I'm not surprised by the X-Box . . it is made by Microsoft (computer people) after all. All the X-Box is, in my opinion, is a computer without windows, that's restricted to gaming use with External Memory

Carbinne
Nov 27, 2006, 12:40 AM
Yeah, I can't hit up arrow to switch to offhand weapon (mechgun for example) and hold left arrow key to strafe and fire and hit down arrow to fire at the same time. I alleviated this problem by using the numeric pad up/left to switch weapons and strafe and use the inverted-t down arrow to fire. It's retarded but it works and doesn't make my hand scream 'oh lord kill me now.'

If you're curious I'm using one of those clicky IBM Model Ms. Decades old technology at its finest!

peenk
Nov 27, 2006, 12:41 AM
On 2006-11-26 21:38, Silmarwen wrote:
I'm not surprised by the X-Box . . it is made by Microsoft (computer people) after all. All the X-Box is, in my opinion, is a computer without windows, that's restricted to gaming use with External Memory

yes also called poor people's pc
... by some
...ok by me

MORB
Nov 27, 2006, 04:56 AM
On 2006-11-26 21:38, Silmarwen wrote:
All the X-Box is, in my opinion, is a computer without windows, that's restricted to gaming use with External Memory

Well, duh. That's what a console is, a specialized computer designed for games.

I use a ps2 pad myself with some cheap ass adapter that I bought somewhere. It works very well.
I'm not sure how playing a hunter would fare with keyboard/mouse.

Lashiens
Nov 27, 2006, 06:41 AM
I also concur, the x360 controller works MARVELS on the PC version, it's fantastic.

-Ryuki-
Nov 27, 2006, 06:43 AM
I use a Wal-Mart-ish controller, that seemed like a steal for 15 bucks.

I still, and will always dislike Wal-Mart, regardless who likes it, and blah blah blah.

Lash, want to hang out on PSU? No one else is on XD;

Sydz
Nov 27, 2006, 06:53 AM
On 2006-11-27 03:43, RyukiZero wrote:
I use a Wal-Mart-ish controller, that seemed like a steal for 15 bucks.

I still, and will always dislike Wal-Mart, regardless who likes it, and blah blah blah.

Lash, want to hang out on PSU? No one else is on XD;

Is it that big bulky one with the odd retractible cable? I got that at wal mart for 15 too. but its really started to break down recently, the square and x buttons stick like mad.

-Ryuki-
Nov 27, 2006, 06:54 AM
That would be it. The white "Recoil" controller, which sucks massively.

Sydz
Nov 27, 2006, 06:55 AM
haha, same Video card, same Controller.
Actualy, the controller is why I havent been on PSU lately, i cant even pick up items now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sydz on 2006-11-27 03:56 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Nov 27, 2006, 06:57 AM
Use the keyboard =P

Sydz
Nov 27, 2006, 06:58 AM
I got a cheap 360 con on ebay wednesday, so it should be here soon. I can wait.

-Ryuki-
Nov 27, 2006, 07:06 AM
I need one of those.. The wired 360 controller.

Or, I could just get a USB convertor so that I can play my PS2 controller with it =X

Yes, you can buy them on Ebay. =)

Sydz
Nov 27, 2006, 07:12 AM
I figured for 24 bucks including shipping i should just get the 360, ya?

Diablohead
Nov 27, 2006, 07:42 AM
If you want to know the xbox360 pad layout to use on the pc version:

http://www.diablohead.co.uk/pad.gif

Zabot
Nov 27, 2006, 08:40 AM
On 2006-11-26 20:34, Garnet_Moon wrote:
You could even hook up an Xbox 360 controller and use that on your PC. I don't have the links, but if you do a forum search you can find it. I hear it makes playing on the PC version painless.

yes, use the 360 controller, its so much easire, its very nice, i use it, it make it so much easire, it gets hard to associate the game with the buttons sometimes though. like when you equip spells to wands, it give you the choice of up arrow and down arrow, and i always forget which is Y button and X button LOL

Peace