PDA

View Full Version : Lou? ...I don't get it.

ZeldaSerenade
Nov 26, 2006, 11:35 PM
I'm not sure if this is old news, but did anyone know that Lou can use Twin Sabers, Double Sabers, Rifles, and Rods?

Yes, Rods.

At first, I assumed she was a Fighgunner (despite that her partner card says "Hunter"), because she used the double saber, which is Fighgunner-exclusive online. Then, one day when I was partying with her, she whipped out a Rod and casted Resta to heal herself. Being a CAST, she had to cast it multiple times, but still.

As far as I know, there is no class that can use Twin Sabers, Rifles, AND Rods all at once. She doesn't even use a Rod to heal herself offline...

So, um, what exactly is Lou's type? I looked at all the classes, and the only class I saw that could use Rods is Fortecher, and surely she isn't one of those...

I have screen caps of Lou wielding a Rod, should anyone demand proof.

I was just asking because maybe there will be another update (after the expert class update) that has another job...?

Garnet_Moon
Nov 26, 2006, 11:37 PM
All NPCs have no job. They just have a set of weapons they use. In addition to their weapon set they can equip Wands and heal themselves and you if needed.

This applies to Trainer NPCs like Maya and Hyuga, and your Partner Machine when it is lv80+ and ready for combat.

ABDUR101
Nov 26, 2006, 11:41 PM
From what I can tell, the npc's like Lou just use whatever, just like in storymode Ethan can use pretty much whatever.(Minus the class specific weapons if he's not that particular class)

From online play with Lou though, she's pulled out her rifle maybe five times, and has never shot the damn thing. She'll have it out and I think "oh cool, ranged support for this boss", then she just won't shoot. So I get closer and she follows, and she'll pull out some melee weapons instead.

Overall, I see partner machinery and Lou as fodder, extra meat shields and damage dealers, thats it I really did'nt expect much from their AI anyway.

VelosofLight
Maybe they're Protransers? Would that make sense...?

ZeldaSerenade
Oh, I see. So, despite what their partner card says, all of them can use magic.

Thanks ^o^ just needed clarification.

ZeldaSerenade
Nov 26, 2006, 11:44 PM
Protransers can't use techniques, though.

princejake2
Nov 26, 2006, 11:45 PM
Its simple. They are demi-gods. ^_^

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 26, 2006, 11:45 PM
Hahaha time to make up some Expert-Classes?

hmm.. Forte-GUARDIAN?!?!!?!? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

industrial
Nov 26, 2006, 11:46 PM
I want lou's clothes.

Para
Nov 27, 2006, 12:00 AM
On 2006-11-26 20:46, industrial wrote:
I want lou's clothes.

Yeah that's the other thing... some of the npcs have cool clothing and I wouldnt mine some of those... eg. a lot of the npc females have these cool boots... why cant we get those cool boots too?

VelosofLight
Nov 27, 2006, 12:01 AM
Oh, Protransers can't? I saw that it takes 5 Hunter, 5 Ranger, and 5 Force to be a Protranser and I just assumed they'd get a little TECHNIC love too...

Guess I shouldn't assume. Research, research, research.

Wallin
Nov 27, 2006, 12:06 AM
Maya also has hair that's like 3 times longer than the longest hair style that's out right now. I'd love that for my female Newman http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Course they'd give it to the guys too, and then the number of Sephiroths would increase dramatically...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2006-11-26 21:07 ]</font>

VelosofLight
Nov 27, 2006, 12:09 AM
I think that, like PMs, NPCs are complete models. They're not seperate pieces and algorhythmically-generated models like the other characters. NPCs are hair, face, body, and clothes, just a single piece.

Is that correct?

StillOffline
Nov 27, 2006, 12:26 AM
[b]

Course they'd give it to the guys too, and then the number of Sephiroths would increase dramatically...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2006-11-26 21:07 ]</font>

this made me laugh irl

VanHalen
Nov 27, 2006, 12:45 AM
well offline in story mode Hunters can use rifles, double sabers, wands, and twin sabers im not really suprised she used one