PDA

View Full Version : shop traffic?

SonicTMP
Nov 27, 2006, 12:14 AM
Question, do you get a small amount of meseta or something if someone visits your shop? It's really annoying to be searching for an item and 5 shops have 1 in stock all priced maxed. Are that many people dumbasses or do they get some magical cash flow for tricking people into comming to their shop?

AeraLure
Nov 27, 2006, 12:18 AM
No meseta for traffic. Does boggle the mind as to why some charge over the NPC store prices, but meh.. they do anyway.

SonicTMP
Nov 27, 2006, 12:20 AM
well its not the fact people over charge. its the fact that you look for item X and half the shops have just 1 but its priced 99999999. none can buy it, your not even showing off something rare like a crea...

Realmz
Nov 27, 2006, 12:22 AM
i believe the idea is

"People look for this item a lot, so i'll put one in my store at max price. Then when they come in looking for it, surely they won't simply leave in annoyance, but will look at the rest of my wares! Brilliant!"

AeraLure
Nov 27, 2006, 12:25 AM
Could all be solved with a store rating system. Then again, it'd create more problems so, nevermind. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

SilentChasm
Nov 27, 2006, 12:26 AM
It's to get it to show up when you search for that item. If it shows up then people will go to your shop and hopefully buy something else too. There are some people though who just won't buy anything from overpricers.

VelosofLight
Nov 27, 2006, 12:28 AM
I'm one of those people. Won't touch it. I try to get traffic in my shop by legitimately selling things that people want to buy.

AeraLure
Nov 27, 2006, 12:32 AM
Same. Usually if I come there having searched an item and it is ridiculously overpriced I am annoyed and move on to another store search, not buying anything. If that's simply their ploy it hasnt worked on me yet. Players who are pricing decently tend to get any additional stray purchases I might make.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 27, 2006, 12:32 AM
Im another, I have gotten to the point now I remember and recognize serveral names when I do a search for an item. I dont even bother going into there shops, so by now even if they lowered there prices down to normal they lost my business long long ago.

I also dont buy from the people that do like 10meseta less than the npc on things :/ like el-photons are somthing I have needed alot of latley and they are 200 at the npc, if I found them for 190 in a store... screw you Ill go to the npc, the diffrence of 10 meseta per item is like 1 or 2 meseta drops in C rank mode.

I am seeing more people with ADS that say everything is overpriced too... like they think its funny to waist shop search space.

Wallin
Nov 27, 2006, 12:44 AM
Shops that false advertise are even worse. Saw one guy advertise an Me/Quick for 2 million, was selling it for 3 (not that it mattered either way for the loser, lol), also saw one guy advertise a piece of clothing as 5k cheaper than the stores, but they marked it up an additional 10k... maybe that one just got the store price wrong though.

VelosofLight
Nov 27, 2006, 12:47 AM
I thought one shop was kinda annoying, selling Im-Photons? It said in the ad 'Im-Photons are 200 in the NPC shop'. I took this to mean that he was selling it for, say, 175, but that the price was fair since it's still cheaper than NPC. They were actually priced at about 4000, and the ad ment 'Don't whine about it, yes, it's a lure. If you needed an Im-Photon, hit up the NPC shop.' Sadly, I end up in there just about every day, since I still don't remember the name.

Wallin
Nov 27, 2006, 12:52 AM
On 2006-11-26 21:47, VelosofLight wrote:
I thought one shop was kinda annoying, selling Im-Photons? It said in the ad 'Im-Photons are 200 in the NPC shop'. I took this to mean that he was selling it for, say, 175, but that the price was fair since it's still cheaper than NPC. They were actually priced at about 4000, and the ad ment 'Don't whine about it, yes, it's a lure. If you needed an Im-Photon, hit up the NPC shop.' Sadly, I end up in there just about every day, since I still don't remember the name.

I saw that one, he lowered the price then because they used to be 99999999, LOL. Waste of time...

VelosofLight
Nov 27, 2006, 12:54 AM
4000 is much better, 'cause you risk losing your lure, but it's a sum of money that many people will have, so they could really accidently buy it.

Hotobu
Nov 27, 2006, 12:21 PM
Is the multiplier for item resale at NPC shops to item price constat?

i.e. is the buying price always 10x (or whatever) as expensive as selling it?

linkzone
Nov 27, 2006, 12:26 PM
From what I hear you can sell alot of stuff in your shop so you can store more things that way. You can only hold 60 items your PM another 200, but your shop holds much more. So people put items they want to keep in their shop for outragious prices and if your dumb enough to buy it then they can just go get another one for less else where.

_Deliverance_
Nov 27, 2006, 12:36 PM
If I search for mats, and go to a shop to find it overpriced, I write the name down, and never visit again. Fuck ignorance!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Deliverance_ on 2006-11-27 09:37 ]</font>

PureEntropy
Nov 27, 2006, 12:41 PM
I do the same with people that price things exactly the same as the NPC.

I once went into this guy's shop looking for nanocarbons. He had one listed for 2500. He was standing there, and asks - "If you find the prices unreasonable, let me know and we'll work out a deal". So I think, ok, maybe he doesn't know that 2500 is the NPC price - so I'll work a deal.

Me: "I was hoping you might be able to sell those nanocarbons for less than NPC"
Him: "The price for those is 2500, they are used mainly to draw people here. I really only sell armor"
Me: "Does it make sense to draw people into an Armor shop with an item used to make armor?"
Him: "Yes"
Me: "Ok then, good luck"

I mean, it's one thing to draw people into an armor shop with some item like a gigaline armor or something, but why use a nanocarbon?

I was thinking about making my own armor, but since you've gotten me here I've now decided I will buy your armor and forget about making it myself............ Yea, because that is rational.

_Deliverance_
Nov 27, 2006, 12:46 PM
Paul has his shop comment set to: ALL ITEMS OVERPRICED!
At first, just reading it quickly I thought it said UNDERPRICED. I did catch it though. I lol'd http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

rythmic
Nov 27, 2006, 12:59 PM
Nobody goes to my shop :/ The only thing Im ever able to sell is marsiline :/

Ryoki
Nov 27, 2006, 06:13 PM
On 2006-11-27 09:46, _Deliverance_ wrote:
Paul has his shop comment set to: ALL ITEMS OVERPRICED!
At first, just reading it quickly I thought it said UNDERPRICED. I did catch it though. I lol'd http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I noticed that. Paul has good items, hence, Paul is a fag.

________
HS (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Lexus_HS)

Randomness
Nov 27, 2006, 06:17 PM
On 2006-11-27 09:59, rythmic wrote:
Nobody goes to my shop :/ The only thing Im ever able to sell is marsiline :/

What else do you try to sell? I find 3 star guns (other than rifles) easy to move at 1k each.

happy_cricket
Nov 27, 2006, 06:24 PM
I have used the shop system exactly once. I tried to search for "armor" and got nothing. So I clicked on "recomended shops". WOW. NOTHING! So I searched the ads for "armor". Finally, a nice long list. I entered at least a dozen shops, none of which had armor.

I think I would rather pay NPC prices and use that hour I just wasted having fun and playing the game instead. It was just as horrible as shopping in real life, but almost worse because there is no PSU Trade Commision to stop these asshat kids from using the bait and switch.

Randomness
Nov 27, 2006, 06:26 PM
On 2006-11-27 15:24, happy_cricket wrote:
I have used the shop system exactly once. I tried to search for "armor" and got nothing. So I clicked on "recomended shops". WOW. NOTHING! So I searched the ads for "armor". Finally, a nice long list. I entered at least a dozen shops, none of which had armor.

I think I would rather pay NPC prices and use that hour I just wasted having fun and playing the game instead. It was just as horrible as shopping in real life, but almost worse because there is no PSU Trade Commision to stop these asshat kids from using the bait and switch.

You looked for "armor" under item? That function looks at the name. Look in the armor shops, then ente rthe name of an armor. Be aware you'll also get hits on the boards.

Hotobu
Nov 28, 2006, 02:05 AM
Actually I kind of LIKE the ability to price stuff for anything. Although PSU will never be known for it's realism, there is something to be said for knowing the worth of items. If you buy a Grinder Base X from a shop for more money than what it is at the store that's your fault. Players should be responsible for shoping responsibly. While it's annoying as hell to shop for an item and see it overpriced I can't be mad at a person trying to make a buck.

What I REALLY wish is that you can flag shops as good or bad so you don't continuously stumble on the same POS ones. Furthermore what's up with searching for A SPECIFIC ITEM only to get to the shop and have it not be there? Isn't that what the search feature is for? And while I'm ranting they need to expand the search feature. Instead of looking for a specific armor I should be able to search for -B Rank armors- and get a search that way... and hell I shouldn't have to hunt and peck each and every shop to see a difference. It's ironic that playing PSU which is an online game in a futuristic world you still have to deal with brick-and-mortar style shopping.

Wallin
Nov 28, 2006, 02:14 AM
Oops, crap, this topic just reminded me to lock my shop again... d'oh!

EC_Subbie
Nov 28, 2006, 03:29 AM
Yea If I come into a shop with overpriced items I will purposely close out and not consider any of their other items. I hope others do this too.