PDA

View Full Version : Ranger: Which element will you chose?

Lastat27
Nov 27, 2006, 04:09 AM
I am currently looking towards the future and plan, like most (Forte)Rangers, to have a Melee/Gun combo in one of my six slots. For Rangers, some mobs can be rather bullet proof, and your better off doing 10x the damage in melee range for 1/2 the PP, then wasting an entire clip of Rifle ammo.

The question: When you go to purchase that single "uber leet super sweet" A Rank, nine-star, melee weapon, which element will you chose?

Carbinne
Nov 27, 2006, 04:14 AM
That all depends on what area is currently most popular for being farmed, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over....

... and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over... omg like 700,000 mesetas!!

A2K
Nov 27, 2006, 04:47 AM
With a Ranger I'm not too concerned about actual damage, unless that damage is coming from a burn, poison, or infection effect. If something seems bullet status effect proof, that's when I whip out the traps.

SpishackCola
Nov 27, 2006, 04:52 AM
All 6 baby!

Superguppie
Nov 27, 2006, 05:11 AM
Only played offline for a weekend, and online for a few hours. Going by what I did on PSO, I'll take ice. Freezing monsters from the back row to make life easier on the melee is what I did best. Not sure it will work in PSU, but I guess there's only one way to find out.

Bahamut89
Nov 27, 2006, 05:59 AM
Melee weapons don't do status effects, so that can be ignored. Really, it's a poll of "What element of enemy do you think is most common/worth killing?"

Anyway, I chose Dark because quite a lot of the big enemies are Light. Plus, there are few Dark enemies, so it's pretty much neutral most of the time. Hmm... I don't know much about what's going to be released in the future though, so by the time I become a Fortegunner, maybe some other element will stand out.

gimbola
Nov 27, 2006, 06:04 AM
im going fortehunter more than likely. im a Human tho so it does make me pretty good at most things.

i prefer goin round pistol and sword although i do love my B rank spear http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif for my pistol i use ice elemental which works pretty well even though ive only got level 5 bullets atm.

Lashiens
Nov 27, 2006, 06:38 AM
It may seem a bit stupid to some, but I would LOVE it if they actually put in a Kubara weapon that was a Handugn/wand combo, that allowed you to fire standard elemental rounds, OR switch over to a single technique on it on the fly in your primary hand, usable by Guntechers only.

How dope would that be? I got the tingles going up my spine for that.

Bahamut89
Nov 27, 2006, 06:53 AM
On 2006-11-27 03:38, Lashiens wrote:
It may seem a bit stupid to some, but I would LOVE it if they actually put in a Kubara weapon that was a Handugn/wand combo, that allowed you to fire standard elemental rounds, OR switch over to a single technique on it on the fly in your primary hand, usable by Guntechers only.

How dope would that be? I got the tingles going up my spine for that.

Why don't you just hold a handgun and a wand? Guns go in left hands, and wands go in right hands, so it works out nicely. Unless I'm missing something...?

Or do you mean a main hand gun-wand-thing that you hold in addition to an off-hand gun? How would the controls work out for that? It just seems really bizarre and kind of pointless. I'm aiming for Guntecher, if that means anything about my opinion.

Diablohead
Nov 27, 2006, 07:29 AM
I have the elements on me over a vary of weapons, like ice on my rifle and earth on my mechgun etc.

I do carry spare photon arts though depending where I go, like I also got fire for my rifle I can use on neudaiz

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 27, 2006, 07:55 AM
well, being a future guntecher, not really too sure on which arts I should have. I have twin burn and freeze, freeze and plama machinegun arts, and a ice rifle art but I also have to make room for some techs too.

Xizore
Nov 27, 2006, 09:55 AM
Light or Dark for my fortegunner.

Zarbolord
Nov 27, 2006, 09:58 AM
All six, but mainly light and ice.

Itsuki
Nov 27, 2006, 10:13 AM
Dark or Fire hands down. You have to ask the question, "where would I be using this". And the main place that comes to mind is Agata Relics S and Canyon/Desert A/S. Both places Dark does beautifully. Fire is pretty neutral to all things that you would be using it on, and it also deals extra to those in Agata/Shikon which is nice.

Grr
Nov 27, 2006, 11:05 AM
Hands down first thing im doing after patch is getting ice to SE4. Then shortly after fire to the same. , for rifles , itll be fire/dark/ice. mostly since ill have fire and ice leveled by the time dak comes out. anyways. while dark SE4 does more damage than fire SE4, it also takes longer so in the end itll boil down to what ype of monster im fighting. ice is universally handy. as for any other elements on other guns , probly same pattern for shotgun (have ice/fire already leveled and take on a light or dark) and after G launches and L cannons become avialible , take a looke at what theier SE#s are , and decide from there.

Dynobot
Nov 27, 2006, 11:07 AM
I mainly use ice, because Ice is my favorite element. Since psu has this two weapon handling, My HANGUN will always have ice photon ( If I use all six elements in guns, I wont be able to use more photon arts)

Alisha
Nov 27, 2006, 11:13 AM
offline i usually carry at least 2 single handed weapons. offline the most comonly used elements is ice and fire. actually it may be best to make a weapon of each miniboss element since all of them half gun damage. between relics and the desert theres a lot of light minibosses plus kajagibari's in shikon.