PDA

View Full Version : Human: Are Humans As Lame As I Think They Are?!

Tsudori
Nov 27, 2006, 09:53 AM
No offence to anybody but i find humans really lame. They have no redeeming qualities at all, they're versatileness is the only thing going for them. They make lame hunters compared to beasts, lame rangers compared to CASTs and lame forces compared to newmans. I just started again because I began to despise my LVL 17 Human Hunter, if anybody knows any good advantages for a human, let me know because I can't think of any.

Arislan
Nov 27, 2006, 09:55 AM
One word. Crea.

Zarbolord
Nov 27, 2006, 09:56 AM
They are excellent protransers so shush up. Also they're the all arounds, they're good at doing multiclass changing, that's the ticket of the human power. You can just change your class depending on what suits best for the mision easily without losing anybonuses, casts beasts and newmen would suffer with changes.

Genobee
Nov 27, 2006, 09:58 AM
HUmans are for people who can't make up their mind abotu their class, and theya re only useful, if you wanna be a protranser.

Nietzsche
Nov 27, 2006, 09:58 AM
i felt the same way kind of when i switched (refer to my sig) but one thing you have to remember is when the expert classes get factored in human will have some chances to shine, honestly Human will be a fine choice for the hybrid classes
Wartecher and Guntecher- Humans have a good balance of physical stats and mental stats so i think they'll really shine in these roles, not to mention crea weapons for what they're worth

Itsuki
Nov 27, 2006, 09:59 AM
Yes, those dirty klorbags are as lame as you think they are.

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 27, 2006, 10:10 AM
well, looking at the stats, human figunners aren't too much weaker than casts who make the best figunners. humans also get bonus stats as figunners so hopefully, there will be a negligible difference between the two and be good competition for them. Also, I have a human hunter and I'm doing just fine with him. looks like some people think that if their character isn't Chuck Norris, then they suck. Some people should stop being so black and white and realize that there are shades of grey as well.

happy_cricket
Nov 27, 2006, 10:34 AM
On 2006-11-27 07:10, Shiroryuu wrote:
well, looking at the stats, human figunners aren't too much weaker than casts who make the best figunners. humans also get bonus stats as figunners so hopefully, there will be a negligible difference between the two and be good competition for them. Also, I have a human hunter and I'm doing just fine with him. looks like some people think that if their character isn't Chuck Norris, then they suck. Some people should stop being so black and white and realize that there are shades of grey as well.

I agree. I find it ironic that for every post regarding how boring the game is there are three posts from people who have never died, will hold it against you if you die, and who heavily berate any racial/class combo that doesn't result in max damage and minimal injury.

You know.... I just can't help but think that the game is more fun when there's a teensy little challenge.

Pandatron
Nov 27, 2006, 10:35 AM
As mention already humans are probably the best of 'jack of all trades' character i mean if a party needs a slot field for whatever reason for whatever class humans are the best to fill that need. Each class has there prefered benefit class newman force, beast hunter, cast ranger and if either of these classes/race trended in the others areas they kind of lack in strength to others. On the other hand humans are neutral so whatever the party calls for an effective human can switch to the according class. Not saying humans are the 'fill in the crack' class (cause i've seen some pretty good human hunter, forces and so forth). It seems like that's going to be there main role in the future. So ya Crea and hybrid goodness (might be there downfall due to PA learning cap) to sum it up in short.

Quick question though seeing how each class is going to have there own kick but attribute what about newmans they can use crea's as well right? Though don't plan to use one going pure Fortecher more so curious.

MegaBUD
Nov 27, 2006, 10:38 AM
want challenge? try female newman hunter... good luck

Merumeru
Nov 27, 2006, 11:00 AM
i never thought it was really that much of a disadvantage to be stronger than every other race at 2 different things but only do 120 damage instead of 150, but okay http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Zabot
Nov 27, 2006, 11:10 AM
Humans are exeptionally ballanced, they are amazing multi class races, if you want to be a techer, a protrancer or any of the such, humans are they way to go, many people are all like, i wanna be the best. well you need to implament different things into your system, you cant just level up in this game and be the best, a figunner cast is probably mroe ballanced than a figunner Human, because they are decent hunters while skilled in ranging, so their dmg would be good.

Peace

Alisha
Nov 27, 2006, 11:19 AM
check here to see why humans are possibly one of the best races.
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=127739&forum=22&17

plus i feel in some areas cast mst will be a liability and that thier ata is overkill a lot of the time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2006-11-27 08:23 ]</font>

Kent
Nov 27, 2006, 12:27 PM
Favored type stat bonuses aside, Humans would still make the best overall hybrid types, especially Wartecher.

Versatility is what makes Humans just as much of a contender as Beasts, Casts, and Newmen. You just have to pick the right type to play - not that humans are bad at any specific one of them, they'll just be better in hybridized ones.

Roffkaiser
Nov 27, 2006, 06:31 PM
Whats the difference between a human and a beasts attack power? A human doing 100 damage twice and a beast doing 200 and 0 because they are inaccurate seem to me to equal out.

ZiG
Nov 27, 2006, 06:39 PM
Why's everything gotta be about stats?

Roffkaiser
Nov 27, 2006, 06:41 PM
Because economics and math teaches kids at a young age that larger numbers are better. There for the chosen race has a bigger number next to their atp.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 27, 2006, 06:42 PM
Humans have boring average stats.
Humans have boring average skin.
Humans have boring average ears.

If you ask me, they deserve a boring, average execution at high noon on Moatoob. Or just jetisson them out of the airlock on the colony. Either is fine.

Ryoki
Nov 27, 2006, 06:45 PM
On 2006-11-27 15:42, Garnet_Moon wrote:
If you ask me, they deserve a boring, average execution at high noon on Moatoob. Or just jetisson them out of the airlock on the colony. Either is fine.

Pointy Beast ears ftw!

________
Marijuana vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/)

Tetsuro
Nov 27, 2006, 06:49 PM
Humans also make the best Wartechs, or so I've heard. Newms have good magice, but their HP sucks, making it tough on them. I guess a beast Wartech would be ok cause it could heal itself while having strong physical attacks, but then it isn't doing any magic damage.

ZiG
Nov 27, 2006, 06:51 PM
On 2006-11-27 15:42, Garnet_Moon wrote:

You're absolutely right.
More minimum-sized Newman females, please.

Genobee
Nov 27, 2006, 07:09 PM
On 2006-11-27 15:49, Tetsuro wrote:
Humans also make the best Wartechs, or so I've heard. Newms have good magice, but their HP sucks, making it tough on them. I guess a beast Wartech would be ok cause it could heal itself while having strong physical attacks, but then it isn't doing any magic damage.

The only reason, I would suspect any one of being a wartech is so they can heal them selves, being a wartech for attack techs is just stupid. And I'm sure a Beast Wartecher can heal him self just fine.

Eternal_Drake
Nov 27, 2006, 07:11 PM
On 2006-11-27 16:09, Genobee wrote:

The only reason, I would suspect any one of being a wartech is so they can heal them selves, being a wartech for attack techs is just stupid. And I'm sure a Beast Wartecher can heal him self just fine.

Heaven forbid they take it for buffs/debuffs, or for more elemental variety not tied just to good luck on synthing weapons. Not to mention how well Gi- techniques would work considering you are in the middle of everything, being melee and all.

Vorpal
Nov 27, 2006, 07:17 PM
They make good Wartechers, and Guntechers. Plus they can use Melee Crea weapons well, unless like people said the "True" Creas can be used by everyone.

Ryo_Hayasa
Nov 27, 2006, 07:33 PM
I consider Humans basically the "Second best" At everything without losing. you won't do the max damage but you won't do the worse damage. you won't have protection against the worse possible situation, but you won't have th emost negetive affect of that same situation. Humans are, the "Second best" at whatever they do (figuritively speaking)

You guys, are racist. Well some of you. This inter-class racism is starting to make me sick.
I almost regret humans making you "other creatures" now. I knew it was a bad idea, right when that toaster started talking back to me i should've smashed it up good.

FEH. and it isn't boring. nor average. Atleast not when everyone you see is a beast or a newman.

(Take all my extra comments in extra stride ja?)

Genobee
Nov 27, 2006, 07:40 PM
On 2006-11-27 16:11, Eternal_Drake wrote:

On 2006-11-27 16:09, Genobee wrote:

Heaven forbid they take it for buffs/debuffs, or for more elemental variety not tied just to good luck on synthing weapons. Not to mention how well Gi- techniques would work considering you are in the middle of everything, being melee and all.

Well first of all they only get 20 techs, Second they crap TP, 3rd they can only use A rank wands, The only thing your gonna use techs for is healing and buffing your self. Also using GI spells would be stupid to use in a group of enimes becase A they will do little damage, B a monster will knock you flat on your ass before you can rip the wand out and cast the spell and C, using gi seplls would be a waste of time and PP, When you got PA's which are 1000 times more affective and do more damage. Also I think a Newman would make the best Wartechs seeing as how Wartechs get a crap ton of EVP and get S rank daggers. Wartechs seem to work more like rouges, then warriors.

Kent
Nov 27, 2006, 11:04 PM
You've... Never even played Force, have you?

More like Rogues? Really, they're more like a Red Mage, than anything.

Okay, let's take a look here...

Wands are not bad weapons. Granted, Rods are better in basically all cases... But that's why they're restricted to Fortecher.

Second, Wartecher TP is not bad, I don't know where you got this conclusion. Take a look at the stats thread (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=125325&forum=22&10). Fortecher has a 1.44 modifier, compared to Force's 1.3, and Wartecher's 0.94. That's a good chunk, yes, but it's more balanced - thinking of all the other stats they get in exchange, that's not bad at all. At least it's not like Guntecher's (0.44, less than half of Wartecher's TP).

In other words, being that the amount of TP a Force gets in the first place, even has human, they'd still have plenty of TP to make attack techniques worthwhile. Besides, if an enemy has high defense, there's a group of six in a small area, and you have the Gi- technique they're weak to... Do you think spamming PAs from whatever weapon of choice, would still do more damage? It'd not only most likely do less, but also would be almost guaranteed to be far less PP-efficient. This is what Wartecher is really about; Versatility. Not just being able to heal yourself with Resta while still being able to fight well.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 27, 2006, 11:07 PM
No Humans Are Not As Lame As You Think They Are!!

juno-6
Nov 27, 2006, 11:12 PM
this thread has convined me to consider going protranser with my human ranger. sweet! don't they get S-rank axes or something?

Kent
Nov 27, 2006, 11:13 PM
Protransers don't get S-rank anything. :/ They probably couldn't even equip the S-ranks, due to stats, even.

Maridia
Nov 27, 2006, 11:17 PM
Man, I have yet to see a post out of Garnet_Moon that isn't condescending and rude. <_<

Anyway, besides all the above reasons that humans aren't useless, they're cute. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I see a lot of humans who are far more useful in battle than any of the races in their respective specialty jobs. It really all depends on your point of view. And if you don't like humans, don't play them. At least you decided you didn't like humans early on, instead of getting really high and wishing you had switched races. <_<

Zaft
Nov 27, 2006, 11:23 PM
Ura (garnet moon) is just sad because her face got smashed by a semi truck at a very young age (as did most Beasts, it seems). Which brings up something interesting, I finally found the CRTL button and made a Beast who looked almost human (cept for those goddamn ears).

I like human because I like to be all the jobs. Sure, I can go be Beast Hunter and be the best of the best, but once I get bored of Beast, the "boring human" is suddenly better than you in every other job.

Which btw, I might make a Beast if I can get the ears right. I just wish we could use the old faces ._. like the one Tylor has.

Atleast Ura doesn't have the semi-naked lady in the bunny suit as her avatar/sig this time...

Wallin
Nov 27, 2006, 11:23 PM
On 2006-11-27 20:04, Kent wrote:
Wands are not bad weapons. Granted, Rods are better in basically all cases... But that's why they're restricted to Fortecher.

Wands are not bad weapons, but they definitely cripple Wartechers because you're also a melee class - you only have 6 slots to equip your weapons, and there's just not enough room for a Resta, Reverser, an attack spell (or two), your buffs, your debuffs, etc.

Also IMO, the idea of using Gi-magic is somewhat silly because if you wanted a spell for attacking monsters in melee range, then what's the point of having melee weapons to do the exact same thing? The only reason then that you would play Wartecher is if you plan to primarily play on the side of Force, but switch to melee only when your wands run out. In that case I would just suggest being a Force, carrying rods instead, or more wands.

Zaft
Nov 27, 2006, 11:29 PM
Once Wartechter can dual weild a 1 handed melee weapon and a wand, I'll totally switch in a heartbeat.

EphekZ
Nov 27, 2006, 11:32 PM
I like HUman, because 1st) I dont like beasts their ears are stupid and nanoblast, well IMO isnt amazing. 2nd) I dont like Casts either-Make too much noise when they walk, I like being human than a stupid robut, Only reason casts were liked in PSO was because of their traps, now that those are gone Casts can gtfo. 2nd) Newmans(from what i've seen) are only good as FOs atleasts casts can go HU( and FO, I've seen some good FOcasts..better then the stupid newmans...) Plus their ears just look silly. so yeah. humans FTW.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkgunner on 2006-11-27 20:32 ]</font>

VanHalen
Nov 27, 2006, 11:41 PM
well really humans are a really balanced race you can pick whatever class you want and have no problems and no drawbacks. also they excel where one race lacks
human atp>newman atp
human ata>beast ata
human mst and tp>CAST mst and tp

also the tech damage aint really bad their the 2nd strongest forces

Sexy_Raine
Nov 27, 2006, 11:47 PM
Humans should be the only reason to make a hybrid class. If you want variety, then go human. They're not lame at all. They also make the 2nd best forces.

Genobee
Nov 27, 2006, 11:50 PM
On 2006-11-27 20:04, Kent wrote:
You've... Never even played Force, have you?

More like Rogues? Really, they're more like a Red Mage, than anything.

Okay, let's take a look here...

Second, Wartecher TP is not bad, I don't know where you got this conclusion. Take a look at the stats thread (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=125325&forum=22&10). Fortecher has a 1.44 modifier, compared to Force's 1.3, and Wartecher's 0.94. That's a good chunk, yes, but it's more balanced - thinking of all the other stats they get in exchange, that's not bad at all. At least it's not like Guntecher's (0.44, less than half of Wartecher's TP).

In other words, being that the amount of TP a Force gets in the first place, even has human, they'd still have plenty of TP to make attack techniques worthwhile. Besides, if an enemy has high defense, there's a group of six in a small area, and you have the Gi- technique they're weak to... Do you think spamming PAs from whatever weapon of choice, would still do more damage? It'd not only most likely do less, but also would be almost guaranteed to be far less PP-efficient. This is what Wartecher is really about; Versatility. Not just being able to heal yourself with Resta while still being able to fight well.

It's ovious a wartecher is only made for tech Assited Melee The techs are merely used for buffs and heals, other wise they are useless. lvl 20 PA's With S rank daggers a alot more damaging then techs off a A rank wand. Not to mention they have the highest EVP of only second 2 the Fortetecher of the types and they have the same stamina of a ForteFighter. What about that does not scream Fast Melee fighter with buffs?

Gazette
Nov 28, 2006, 12:04 AM
The only techs worth putting on a wand as Wartech in my opinion are going to be the Damu- versions.
Considering they function like a flamethrower, you can stand in the fray and just blast away, it seems like it'd work pretty well.

Though their tech damage is about 10% lower than Ra spells, you do get the added benefit of having a higher Burn/Disease/Freeze levels.

Then again I'm going in as a Newman Wartecher so the spells seem like viable option when it comes to attacking, even if only for the debuff effect, it still looks pretty good.

Genobee
Nov 28, 2006, 12:08 AM
On 2006-11-27 21:04, Gazette wrote:
The only techs worth putting on a wand as Wartech in my opinion are going to be the Damu- versions.
Considering they function like a flamethrower, you can stand in the fray and just blast away, it seems like it'd work pretty well.

Though their tech damage is about 10% lower than Ra spells, you do get the added benefit of having a higher Burn/Disease/Freeze levels.

Then again I'm going in as a Newman Wartecher so the spells seem like viable option when it comes to attacking, even if only for the debuff effect, it still looks pretty good.

yea sure if you wanna kill a wands PP all on one mob.

Alisha
Nov 28, 2006, 01:22 AM
damu techs dont consume that much tp. they are great at status placement. dambarta starts with level 3 freeze and is incredibly deadly(it's the tech kamatoze use.)

Knownoes
Nov 28, 2006, 01:23 AM
Wait, so damabarta can go up to level 5 at 21? Or is it capped at 4?

Gazette
Nov 28, 2006, 01:30 AM
On 2006-11-27 21:08, Genobee wrote:
yea sure if you wanna kill a wands PP all on one mob.

All damu- spells save for barta (it uses 12) use 9PP per tick at lvl 20.
When compared to the 20PP Ra-'s use, it's a nice trade off considering you can just keep the spell going without having to worry about recast time and still have a higher chance to inflict a status effect.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2006-11-27 22:31 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2006-11-27 22:32 ]</font>

Yoruichi
Nov 28, 2006, 01:49 AM
On 2006-11-27 20:17, Maridia wrote:
Man, I have yet to see a post out of Garnet_Moon that isn't condescending and rude. <_<

Anyway, besides all the above reasons that humans aren't useless, they're cute. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I see a lot of humans who are far more useful in battle than any of the races in their respective specialty jobs. It really all depends on your point of view. And if you don't like humans, don't play them. At least you decided you didn't like humans early on, instead of getting really high and wishing you had switched races. <_<

yeah ever since level 50, cocky and thinks hes the only beast hunter lol. Check post pre his 50 nice person then.

Anyway back to the point, I still have a strong belief they will add more race specific gear, and I hopign with this they will boost humans and newmans to decent standards.

ZiG
Nov 28, 2006, 01:49 AM
When you get right down to it, I've played a Human in every MMO I've ever played. The basic reason is:
Humans are supposed to be the most plentiful race. Yet, no one plays them in most MMOs. Way to keep the setting true.

I play humans because I want to, damn the stats.

onami
Nov 28, 2006, 01:59 AM
The only reason I made a human over a newman was the ears.. I hate newman ears o_O!

Blu_Swade
Nov 28, 2006, 02:02 AM
On 2006-11-27 07:38, MegaBUD wrote:
want challenge? try female newman hunter... good luck

That's how I roll ^_^

Also, I'd like to add that Humans are great because you can be whatever and be reasonably good at it, you won't be the best, but you'll never be the worst, that's where you shine most, you're not a bad hunter, ranger, or force, just not the best one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blu_Swade on 2006-11-27 23:05 ]</font>

Mystil
Nov 28, 2006, 05:32 PM
Since I stopped playing newman hunter, I've noticed a significant improvement in my efficiency. I can't protect a force with a newman, but I can do it will with a human.

Shinnaki
Nov 28, 2006, 06:12 PM
I didn't used to like CASTS, actually. To address an earlier post.

I didn't like traps at all. But since SUV weapons came along, I love CAST now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Nothing like pulling out the Hegel Buster and gunning down a whole room full of enemies while cackling maniacally. >:3

Best part, you get to watch the gunsmoke rise as all the corpses go pop.

Ronzeru
Nov 28, 2006, 06:50 PM
It's not that humans suck. It's that all races besides humans have something they suck in, and humans are good all around. They are good in all fields, and don't excell exceedingly in just one field, until they go into their hybrid classes. Humans created all of you anyways. We're automatically better.

Mystil
Nov 28, 2006, 07:10 PM
Sil's seal of approval.

From now on that form of ownage will be called RonzerOwned™.