PDA

View Full Version : So how are cards going to work?

Pandatron
Nov 27, 2006, 10:46 AM
I'm tempted to venture into the world of cards, but i wanna get an idea of how they function. Below are a list of questions that came to mind.

1. What hand do they use?
2. Do you attach spells to them or do you attach elemental properties?
3. How does there attack mechnism work. Is it simliar to PSO?
4. What's the average pp cost to use art/tech on one?
5. Which manufacture's produce them?
6. Have there been any A (or S) rank cards created or purchased on the JP server?
7. How's there attack speed in comparison to other weapons? (compared to primarily wands and staves).

If anyone could answer these questions it be apperciated ^_^.

confucious
Nov 27, 2006, 10:48 AM
Cards are left-hand weapons. They're ranged so you'd buy bullets. From what I've seen, they fire 2 homing shots per attack. Dunno about the pp cost. I'd imagine they'd be yohmei mainly. Dunno about the rest.

Cross
Nov 27, 2006, 10:52 AM
1. Offhand, like Handguns.
2. Bullet Arts, same as any other gun.
3. I don't recall offhand what cards were like in PSO, but I don't think so. They sort of get tossed out into the air, float a while, and then hit the nearest enemy, from what I've seen.
4. PP cost is 7/10/12 at BA level 1-10/11-20/21-30.
5. Youmei and Kubara.
6. They're all A-Rank so far, according to the JP Wiki.
7. Firing rate is about equal to Handguns from what I've seen.

Itsuki's actually used them, but I don't think I've screwed up any of that information too much.

Pandatron
Nov 27, 2006, 01:16 PM
This for the info it's appreciated. After posting this i found a YouTube Video on it... i'm debative on getting one now they seem really ackward. Link's below:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OhUBU0QBWn8

peenk
Nov 27, 2006, 01:23 PM
Just imo but ... looks stupid. If it at least has a range same as handgun but otherwise ... I wouldnt like it.

MayLee
Nov 27, 2006, 01:26 PM
I've never used a card on PSO but they do sound intresting.

GeoHolyhart
Nov 27, 2006, 01:34 PM
Ooooh so that's the cards, but really... doesn't it just look like a fan, rather then cards? I think it looks pretty dumb also. The firing rate on a handgun is faster, but the cards seem to shoot 2 at a time for every 2-3shots of the handgun.

Cross
Nov 27, 2006, 01:38 PM
On 2006-11-27 10:23, peenk wrote:
Just imo but ... looks stupid. If it at least has a range same as handgun but otherwise ... I wouldnt like it.

It has 22 ATP less than a Handgun (comparing 7* weapons), 113 more ATA, and fires two shots to begin with, and upgrades to three shots once your PAs hit level 11. The damage per shot ends up being signifigantly higher at low levels, and then evens out to being more or less equal by the end.

So you're doing roughly three times the damage with a Card as you do with a Handgun, and it's got better accuracy than a Rifle so you pretty much won't miss.

The only real disadvantage to Cards is they're harder on PP than Handguns, with lower regeneration and higher costs (mainly at high levels). If you can use one, there's absolutely no reason to use a Handgun, in my mind.

peenk
Nov 27, 2006, 06:06 PM
That does sounds nice but do forces really need a ranged weapon like that?
They should have made the fan/card thingy into a kool defensive item/shield.
That'd be pwny.

Rizen
Nov 27, 2006, 06:06 PM
Personally I will be using Cards against enemies with annoyingly high EVP (thoses damn bugs).
Plus Im going Guntecher so cards fit me pretty well (Since they use alot of 1h).

Randomness
Nov 27, 2006, 06:19 PM
Yes, we have to pair something with our wands!

StillOffline
Nov 27, 2006, 06:27 PM
if you use a card against a boss, where does it home in to? id be nice if it goes to the weak spot right away http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Metempsychic
Nov 27, 2006, 06:27 PM
On 2006-11-27 15:19, Randomness wrote:
Yes, we have to pair something with our wands!

Hahah...wands.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but cards are also a lot heavier on the elemental damage (longbows, too) than say, handguns or rifles. The bullets start off at 17% elemental, I think.

It ends up a lot like using TECHs, I think, because of the elemental nature of the weapon.

If only you could use two simultaneously, that would be fun.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 27, 2006, 06:33 PM
Pretend you're the Sazabi and your bits are suicidal. There you go, Cards in PSU.

Cards in PSO fired one shot for the first two, and on the 3rd button press it throw three out. Or, mine did anyway.

Pandatron
Nov 27, 2006, 07:01 PM
On 2006-11-27 15:33, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Pretend you're the Sazabi and your bits are suicidal. There you go, Cards in PSU.

Cards in PSO fired one shot for the first two, and on the 3rd button press it throw three out. Or, mine did anyway.

I'm a bit lost on your comment after doing a quick wiki on what a 'Sazabi' was

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sazabi

Is this what you were referencing cause even after reading the article i was a bit lost on the comment still lol.

Back on topic:

In either case i didn't wanna feel generic going something and handgun like every other class that's one reason I like the cards though they seem a bit slow but goofy enough to give a shot. Plus i mean seriously after plotting to max all the necessary force tech skills i'm sure there will be some PA skill points left over so why not invest in cards. Personally i just have to get use to using a wand i'm a stave bow type myself x.x.

Lunais
Nov 27, 2006, 07:03 PM
I don't care about stats, my 'cards' are going to make me look beautiful!

...What? >w>

Garnet_Moon
Nov 27, 2006, 07:07 PM
The Sazabi is a Mobile Suit from the Gundam Universe. It uses bits that are controlled remotely by the pilots brain waves. They fly around and do whatever the pilot wants. No wires, no strings, they are completely psychically controlled.

>.>

Numnuttz
Nov 27, 2006, 07:23 PM
when are we supposed to get these cards/fans?i forgot

mananas
Nov 27, 2006, 09:01 PM
I'm looking forward to this ^_^