PDA

View Full Version : So....whats the average synth success % for S-rank weapons w

Ludamec
Nov 27, 2006, 01:05 PM
Right now my PM is impure...like 70 or so strike and 15 tech. And after miraculously failing a weapon that had a 90% success rate (B rank). It got me wondering about the rates of S rank weapons in relation to pure stat PMs. So I'm asking...does anyone know what the average success percentage is when synthing S rank weapons? I heard somewhere that they were in the 40% range even WITH a Pure PM...is that right? Because if that is, that sounds like complete utter bullshit.

Having a 40% chance to make a weapon that costs well over 200,000 in materials..this is assuming that something like goldania averages 10k in player shops...but as retarded prices I've seen online (500 for neu wood wtf?), lets go even further and say they are 15k+ per... when some weps need like 15 of them..thats well over the 200k mark instantly.....that sounds like a perfect reason for someone to say "f this game, I'm gonna try and hack it so I dont get pissed everytime I fail a 200,000+ meseta synth". I mean seriously. Failing such an important synth like that...if the wrong guy on PSU experienced it *cough broomop*..that may be enough to push him over the edge...going into full hacker mode.. or someone unheard of resorting to hacking. Good bye hack free PSU, and welcome S rank Double sabers along with crea weapons galore.

Of course..my entire rant is based purely on speculation, and I'd really feel better if I was completely inaccurate about the percentages...so..what are they so far?

Stixx
Nov 27, 2006, 01:47 PM
I can't give you an exact number, but I'd assume the percentage would be fairly high, assuming it follows the current trend. I notice that boards with only one charge have a higher success rate, and since S ranks follow this trend...you know.

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 27, 2006, 06:01 PM
I heard that creas have a higher percentage thats why They are so high... I hope its for everything though.

Typhoeus
Nov 27, 2006, 06:32 PM
Just to give you a rough idea. My PM is 100 Strike and on 5* B-Rank weapons I have a 85% chance to synth elemental or 94% chance to synth with regular photons (neutral). It gets worse from there, so I've read. And yes Crea are 7* A-Rank but have max synth chance 90/98%.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Typhoeus on 2006-11-27 15:33 ]</font>

Ryoki
Nov 27, 2006, 06:35 PM
Bad news. The Crea Doubles (S rank Crea Double Saber)has a base success rate of 31% and uses lots of goldania and relics edges.

EDIT: If people have any souls whatsoever, when the boards for these weapons come out, they will lower their prices. Or not. But probably.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2006-11-27 15:37 ]</font>
________
PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD HISTORY (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Plymouth_Superbird)

hucast21
Nov 27, 2006, 06:40 PM
On 2006-11-27 15:35, Ryoki wrote:
Bad news. The Crea Doubles (S rank Crea Double Saber)has a base success rate of 31% and uses lots of goldania and relics edges.

EDIT: If people have any souls whatsoever, when the boards for these weapons come out, they will lower their prices. Or not. But probably.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2006-11-27 15:37 ]</font>

They should but won't. Greed will get in the way and the million+ meseta players will be the first to have S-ranks in the beginning...

Ether
Nov 27, 2006, 06:41 PM
On 2006-11-11 17:18, Lyrise wrote:
You're looking at around 65% for a 7 star weapon if its pure, 59% for an 8 star.

Screw synthing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

hucast21
Nov 27, 2006, 06:43 PM
On 2006-11-27 15:41, Ether wrote:

On 2006-11-11 17:18, Lyrise wrote:
You're looking at around 65% for a 7 star weapon if its pure, 59% for an 8 star.

Screw synthing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

That is what makes it fun, it's all about the luck. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

JamesKilton
Nov 27, 2006, 08:16 PM
On 2006-11-27 15:43, hucast21 wrote:
That is what makes it fun, it's all about the luck. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sorry, but last I checked having 5+ hours of money and mats grinding go up in smoke in a press of a button is not "fun". Luck SUCKS in ANY online game I don't care how you look at it. It may be a necessary evil in some games to keep the economy some-what in check (FFXI), but the way PSU's synthing works, it's the worst I've ever seen.

KitsuneKing
Nov 27, 2006, 08:57 PM
On 2006-11-27 17:16, JamesKilton wrote:
the way PSU's synthing works, it's the worst I've ever seen.

play RF online as a crafter, then your opinion will change

hucast21
Nov 27, 2006, 09:01 PM
On 2006-11-27 17:57, KitsuneKing wrote:

Winner.

AzureBlaze
Nov 27, 2006, 11:24 PM
Remember, this is ST we're working with.

They don't learn their lessons well. There was a post with a similar theme about a lot of the hax from back in the day being partially ST's fault. It was generally agreed that they could've done better with the rare rates on some things and rare monsters as well.

The issue is not to make rares into commons, but to make things achieveable through reasonable work/playtime. When you have a 1 in 10k chance of seeing a rare monster, and the monster then has a 1 in 2k chance to drop an item of any value, your chance is infantismal to get the item, even if you grind for weeks streight going after it. You could see hundreds of rare monsters, and get nothing.

Like wasting the valuble ingredients on a silly gamble, wasting your time hunting random rare monsters is a frusterating task. Most people are reasonable, and when presented with reasonable, achievable goals, will play along. But when you keep getting spit in your face from one-in-a-million luck, or worse yet, you're forced to give up valuble time/energy/items for something you can be 68% sure WONT work, yes, the incentive to 'go over the edge' is REALLY strong. You can't just go around burning people like that and expect to have a happy crop of hunters.

They DID learn something!
Look at the rare monsters now? They don't seem to be as awful for drops as their DC/GC counterparts. AND you see them more than once a year if you're not grinding missions like Fake In Yellow. I've seen THREE crops of rappies (2 or 3 at a time appear), and one thing of Jaggo (3). In every instance one or more of the monsters dropped their item. VERY NICE. THIS is how it should be. They're hard to find, fun, original, cool to see, and actually rewarding. This sort of thing makes people happy. You feel special because they are RARE, and they give something fun to enhance your experience.

The materials to make these things are pricy and rare enough. They're getting into the "see a rare pouilly slime and it drops meseta" territory. You spent weeks looking for this thing, it shows up, and dumps you 500 meseta. And this is the 5th one that's done it. Hax? You bet, anything's better then that.

Synthing an awesome wep after aquiring the materials for it should be a great sense of accomplishment, a really rewarding experience for the player. They should be careful not to squander that kind of good will.

Choja
Nov 27, 2006, 11:29 PM
...until you break that awesome weapon in a grind. or not.
Accomplishments are fun, and they sure are. I'll be happy when I actually hit 1 million meseta.

In review:
Luck is a mental status, and probability is a scientific status.
;)

Note: If I have the mats and the board, I'll do it anyways!

Golto
Nov 27, 2006, 11:36 PM
It seems you should take away 30% from any % succes the game states. For 5 star weapons at 85% i'm 3/6. For 70% armor i'm 2/6.

VelosofLight
Nov 27, 2006, 11:41 PM
On 2006-11-27 17:57, KitsuneKing wrote:

Oh god, someone else that played RFO... That game made me cry. Seriously. I really wanted to love it, I really did. I loved the graphics, the weapons were awesome, and so on and so on, but... it just wasn't there. It had no content.

Also, the crafting was shit.

Blitzkommando
Nov 27, 2006, 11:44 PM
I understand the concept behind the success and failure rates of synthing in PSU. It's a way to ensure you raise up your PM to increase chance. But, if you increase the chance from, say, 50% to 68%, how much have you gained? Not much from my viewpoint. Sure it's nice when something synths with a 32% chance of failure, but what about those other 32%? Sure, it's to balance out the 'economy' of PSU. I get that, but to give you such puny increases of success for the hardest to make weapons is more than a bit grating.

If luck truly made a difference in success that could prove worth the risk. If, say, you get a bonus when you have luck to success that would be wonderful. But, unless I'm missing something, luck seems to do, well, squat. I don't want to get to later in the games life where I'm trying to synth S-ranks and end up trashing 3/5 every time because that's such a huge waste of time and resources. Should synthing always be 100%? Of course not. Should it be essentially all 30-60%? Definitely not. Averaging 55% of my tries to failure just doesn't seem quite right for a precision piece of machinery to work at. I would think that every time a synth is successful that the next time would be more likely to be a success. That would allow people to specialize in certain weapons, continuing a balance.

Hotobu
Nov 28, 2006, 02:35 AM
On 2006-11-27 20:24, AzureBlaze wrote:
Remember, this is ST we're working with.

They don't learn their lessons well. There was a post with a similar theme about a lot of the hax from back in the day being partially ST's fault. It was generally agreed that they could've done better with the rare rates on some things and rare monsters as well.

The issue is not to make rares into commons, but to make things achieveable through reasonable work/playtime. When you have a 1 in 10k chance of seeing a rare monster, and the monster then has a 1 in 2k chance to drop an item of any value, your chance is infantismal to get the item, even if you grind for weeks streight going after it. You could see hundreds of rare monsters, and get nothing.

Like wasting the valuble ingredients on a silly gamble, wasting your time hunting random rare monsters is a frusterating task. Most people are reasonable, and when presented with reasonable, achievable goals, will play along. But when you keep getting spit in your face from one-in-a-million luck, or worse yet, you're forced to give up valuble time/energy/items for something you can be 68% sure WONT work, yes, the incentive to 'go over the edge' is REALLY strong. You can't just go around burning people like that and expect to have a happy crop of hunters.

They DID learn something!
Look at the rare monsters now? They don't seem to be as awful for drops as their DC/GC counterparts. AND you see them more than once a year if you're not grinding missions like Fake In Yellow. I've seen THREE crops of rappies (2 or 3 at a time appear), and one thing of Jaggo (3). In every instance one or more of the monsters dropped their item. VERY NICE. THIS is how it should be. They're hard to find, fun, original, cool to see, and actually rewarding. This sort of thing makes people happy. You feel special because they are RARE, and they give something fun to enhance your experience.

The materials to make these things are pricy and rare enough. They're getting into the "see a rare pouilly slime and it drops meseta" territory. You spent weeks looking for this thing, it shows up, and dumps you 500 meseta. And this is the 5th one that's done it. Hax? You bet, anything's better then that.

Synthing an awesome wep after aquiring the materials for it should be a great sense of accomplishment, a really rewarding experience for the player. They should be careful not to squander that kind of good will.

I'm going to have to go ahead and put my stamp of approval on this. Getting good stuff is like walking through a mine field.

Difficult to find.

Crapshoot synthing.

GOOD FUCKING LUCK GRINDING BUDDY!

The first person to get a +10 S rank is the luckest, most patient, and bravest person I'll ever come across. (Can you even grind S ranks?)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hotobu on 2006-11-27 23:35 ]</font>

Remedy
Nov 28, 2006, 03:08 AM
On 2006-11-27 20:36, Golto wrote:
It seems you should take away 30% from any % succes the game states. For 5 star weapons at 85% i'm 3/6. For 70% armor i'm 2/6.Well, for 5* rods at percents varying between 58 and 64%, I'm 11/17. For 56% armor, I'm 1/1. (Not my PM - Thanks, Parn!)

Other than the armor, which is a one-time thing, it seems accurate to me. (11/17 is .647)

AkiraXxx
Nov 28, 2006, 03:20 AM
Synthing of Super Rares will cause hundreds of people to quit. Gurantee, people will dish out there last meseta to get the items for a rare board they found, then when they wait 24 hours only to come back to a beautiful monomate, that will just piss most people off to the point of hitting something close to them.

I can only imagine what the people who fail 2 super rares will do. There has to be some sort of catch or item you can aquire to help in synthing. If not that, then perhaps rare items that change your PM.

Me personally, If I had a S rank Axe board and it failed. I probably wouldnt play for a week just to avoid getting pissed off any further.

Arieta
Nov 28, 2006, 04:29 AM
On 2006-11-28 00:20, AkiraXxx wrote:
Synthing of Super Rares will cause hundreds of people to quit. Gurantee, people will dish out there last meseta to get the items for a rare board they found, then when they wait 24 hours only to come back to a beautiful monomate, that will just piss most people off to the point of hitting something close to them.

I can only imagine what the people who fail 2 super rares will do. There has to be some sort of catch or item you can aquire to help in synthing. If not that, then perhaps rare items that change your PM.

Me personally, If I had a S rank Axe board and it failed. I probably wouldnt play for a week just to avoid getting pissed off any further.

Knowing me I would get pretty upset about it and almost think about quitting if I put everything I owned into making a Crea Double, wait a day, and watch it become a monomate. I'd probably cry just a little. I already know that my first one will fail, whenever I will make it, since I have bad luck with synthing items. I've had items that said 90% to make and failed 3 times in a row... and this item will be like 36%...

But if I did happen to make it on my first try, I'd probably run out of my house and find the closest guy and give him a big kiss and run back to my house while he's stuck with a stunned expression on his face.

Blu_Swade
Nov 28, 2006, 04:56 AM
I love it when I fail an 85% success synth FIVE TIMES IN A ROW! Good times... Good times...

Aphael
Nov 28, 2006, 08:20 AM
I think something that would be handy here is to make it so lower-end rares drop prepackaged in higher-end missions than the boards. For example, one can get a Hikauri board (Is that the 6 star bow?) from A Rank Temple. So maybe have the prepackaged bow drop in an S rank Neudaiz mission or something. That way if people had abysmal synthing luck, or just didn't want to fight with it, they could wait a while longer and just get the item as a drop.

Remedy
Nov 28, 2006, 10:34 AM
You CAN get premade weapons in different missions. Hell, I think Grand Rods (7* rod) drop premade from Onmagoug S.

Ludamec
Nov 28, 2006, 10:43 AM
Sounds like I was more on point with my predictions than I thought http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif....low synth rates make baby jesus cry...but who knows..like someone else mentioned in this topic, perhaps there are items that significantly boost the success rate of Rare synths...like maybe something equivalent to photon sphere/drops in PSO? Maybe you apply those into the photon slot of the board*since it does say ??? afterall* and it significantly boosts the success rate...the only downfall is that your high level weapons will be neutral with no element bonuses...but hey..I'll take that over a 200k monomate anyday.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ludamec on 2006-11-28 07:44 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ludamec on 2006-11-28 07:45 ]</font>