PDA

View Full Version : Goshins are driving me INSANE

Kontra_Bandit
Nov 27, 2006, 01:42 PM
First off, I hardly ever get to play due to other life commitments, but I'm really trying to get as far as I can in this game.

I'm only level 14 and I'm enjoying playing through forested islands and the other Neudaiz level. But the creatures that are snake like and come out of the ground, the Goshins, are seriously ticking me off.

I can play against everything else well, but I just have no strategy for these little bastards. The worst part is that you have to play them without getting hit ONCE, or else your ATP gets debuffed (the repetitive sound of it is annoying alone).

To make matters worse, I'm fighting 4 - 6 of them in EVERY SINGLE ROOM. I go through antimates like butter.

What is your guys strategy? (and preferably anything besides "SOTP SUCKING LOL")

Thanks

Collar
Nov 27, 2006, 01:45 PM
On 2006-11-27 10:42, Kontra_Bandit wrote:
First off, I hardly ever get to play due to other life commitments, but I'm really trying to get as far as I can in this game.

I'm only level 14 and I'm enjoying playing through forested islands and the other Neudaiz level. But the creatures that are snake like and come out of the ground, the Goshins, are seriously ticking me off.

I can play against everything else well, but I just have no strategy for these little bastards. The worst part is that you have to play them without getting hit ONCE, or else your ATP gets debuffed (the repetitive sound of it is annoying alone).

To make matters worse, I'm fighting 4 - 6 of them in EVERY SINGLE ROOM. I go through antimates like butter.

What is your guys strategy? (and preferably anything besides "SOTP SUCKING LOL")

Thanks

"Watch them when they move on the map. They have linear paths they take when they go underground. When you see one go under, if you have a target lock on, let go of it, turn, and run. Meet them where they'll pop up by running ahead of them, and stay just out of their reach. You can usually isolate a couple of them at a time.

Alisha
Nov 27, 2006, 01:46 PM
they are annoying but they arent that hard : just use a gun on them lol.

Kontra_Bandit
Nov 27, 2006, 01:51 PM
yeah but on the variation I just played there are a million of them and they drain all my pp on my guns.

Collar's strategy is pretty much what I've been following.

Thanks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kontra_Bandit on 2006-11-27 10:51 ]</font>

Niered
Nov 27, 2006, 01:58 PM
Actually, you CAN get hit by them without suffering the ATP loss, the only time that Goshins and there Moatoob cousins can lower your ATP is if you are to close to them when they pop out of the ground. There spinning attack wont debuff you. Also, with a high enough stamina you can lower the chances of that happening to you, but only CASTS and Newmans have very good stamina.

shewby
Nov 27, 2006, 01:59 PM
They are very annoying indeed. It's best to do those missions with a party so they don't focus on you only. Also, rising strike can knock them down so you can get more hits in unchallenged. Freezing works well also.

AnamanaAU
Nov 27, 2006, 05:56 PM
Use twin daggers' PA. It rips through them like a fat chick at a buffet.

Cry0
Nov 27, 2006, 06:04 PM
ranger, equip a ice shotgun. wait for them to go underground, check for their lineair path, position yourself just out of their range, and point blank them one at a time. if you're lucky you'll even freeze them.

hunter, try using a pa that sends enemies flying. it'll knock them unconciouslike for 3-4 seconds. more then enough to bus' som' caps in they's ass's.

AlMcFly
Nov 27, 2006, 06:09 PM
If you really don't want to get hit, just watch their patterns. Follow on map, right when they are about to come up, hit a quick PA then turn and run. You should get a cheap couple of hits on them and then be away in time before they get that initial hit on you. Go back hit them once and then run again because they will usually start their head spin. Rinse, repeat.

Aaomi
Nov 27, 2006, 06:18 PM
As a hunter when ever they come at me under ground I run at them and when thier dot touches the point of my arrow on the minimap I strafe backwayrds. That usually makes them surface right in front of me withough me getting hit as they come up. Then you can run in and hit them, using the saber PA works really well as it knocks them over quickly. If you don't have that you can run in and hit them once and then back off which will trigger thier melee hit which hits twice. After the melee hit is done you will have a few sec 2-3 to bash them.

Merumeru
Nov 27, 2006, 08:26 PM
Goshins and Tengohgs are the only things keeping me from soloing most B-rank missions on Neudaiz XD oh well, theres always Moatoo-Bil De Vear http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif;;; yah right

Alisha
Nov 27, 2006, 08:42 PM
tengoughs are easy they get raped by techs and bullets.

Yoruichi
Nov 27, 2006, 08:44 PM
considering hunters only use C rank mabey grinded handguns if they even carry them lol not easy. Your a hunter its different

KitsuneKing
Nov 27, 2006, 08:48 PM
i'm pretty much w/ Aaomi with using Rising strike to knock them over, and get some free hits in.. basically repeat that a couple times, and they shouldnt be all that much of a problem.

-Ryuki-
Nov 27, 2006, 08:49 PM
Funny. I assume the reason why I got hit often was because of my armor not being resistant to Light.

Probably explains why I get hit more than low levels =X

Sexy_Raine
Nov 28, 2006, 12:26 AM
I've soloed A Ten Gohgat at the relics. They must have a least 15000HP each, but I don't find them too hard other than that.

VelosofLight
Nov 28, 2006, 12:27 AM
Level up your Ice bullets as much as possible. A rifle if you can, but a handgun works in a pinch for non-Rangers. If you can freeze 'em, they're not too much trouble anymore.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 28, 2006, 12:58 AM
Try killing them as a force :/

slow casting spells, no lockon, and gun dmg sucks (bows are ok i guess)

the upside is I can remove the dubuff with a spell, but I dont attack so its not like i need too :/

My NPC kills them better than I can since they seem to take good meele dmg but block alot of magic dmg.

even at lvl 49 it still takes 2 Diga cast (my strongest spell) to kill one of the in C rank, my GH410 npc can kill one with half a dual saber combo tho :/