PDA

View Full Version : CAST Parts glitch? or clothes glitch in general?

Castershell
Nov 28, 2006, 12:46 AM
So I logged on today, and went to take off some parts, when I noticed my arms weren't equipped...but....it still looked like they were. Any idea why this is?

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/3310/ummgd8.jpg

VelosofLight
Nov 28, 2006, 12:47 AM
...wow. Hm. Interesting. I've never had this happen before.

Ryna
Nov 28, 2006, 12:48 AM
I had that happen with a set of shorts. I fixed it by going back into the dressing area and re-equipping the clothing article.

Castershell
Nov 28, 2006, 12:50 AM
That's what I was wondering. though I'm going to sign off and back on first to make sure the look doesn't disappear http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif;

update edit: They're still on! looks like I got me some extra money >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Castershell on 2006-11-27 21:53 ]</font>

VelosofLight
Nov 28, 2006, 12:50 AM
Yeah, it seems like a simple fix, but if it's a clothes item you plan to use forever, you can sell it and make some money while still appearing to have the item on. Would that count as duping, in a sense?

Polly
Nov 28, 2006, 12:53 AM
Happens with armors and units too x) I reported it a while back and after being accused of exploiting the game and cheating, I was assured that the issue would be "sent off to the developers to look into." So who knows.

VelosofLight
Nov 28, 2006, 12:56 AM
Castershell, what happens if you change out other parts? Like, equipping a Vilogis Torso. Would that revert your arms to normal?

Also, props for Outlaw Star reference.

Castershell
Nov 28, 2006, 12:57 AM
On 2006-11-27 21:53, Triela wrote:
Happens with armors and units too x) I reported it a while back and after being accused of exploiting the game and cheating, I was assured that the issue would be "sent off to the developers to look into." So who knows.

Oh my units too? that'd be handy for SUVs....if you could somehow get one glitched onto yourself, then you could equip one of the HP regen ones...*schemes*

Polly
Nov 28, 2006, 01:04 AM
Well when it happens to armor, the SLS graphics still show on your character, but the armor is actually unequipped. You lose the defense bonuses and the units are unequipped as well.

VelosofLight
Nov 28, 2006, 01:06 AM
Now now Caster, stop trying to cheat. A minor bug exploit to save you 9000 in clothes is one thing, but don't try to mess with armor and units. Not that I think it'd work anyway.

mech259_
Nov 28, 2006, 01:08 AM
That happened to me once with a shirt. I just re-equipped it because my inventory seemed empty with only 2 pieces of clothing!

Castershell
Nov 28, 2006, 01:10 AM
On 2006-11-27 22:06, VelosofLight wrote:
Now now Caster, stop trying to cheat. A minor bug exploit to save you 9000 in clothes is one thing, but don't try to mess with armor and units. Not that I think it'd work anyway.

What? Me? Cheat? Never http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif....I'm a good boy honest!

Xbob
Nov 28, 2006, 01:14 AM
Your CAST has huge boobs.

Turambar
Nov 28, 2006, 01:15 AM
The glitch is only in the look. The stats won't be there. If I remember correctly, when people noticed the armor thing, it was because they started taking more damage than usual. Thus, if this glitch was to happen with a SUV, you wouldn't be able to access the SUVs anyways. This is a purely glitch of aesthetics (or at least I hope.)

VelosofLight
Nov 28, 2006, 01:16 AM
On 2006-11-27 22:14, Xbob wrote:
Your CAST has huge boobs.

Do not mock the pectoral configuration of the superior Lobas Torso! It's only sticking out in the front 'cause of, um... an extra-powerful photon reactor! Not at all like metal manboobs!

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 28, 2006, 01:26 AM
this happened with my 20k dress.. i re-equiped it tho :/

that would have been a nice 15k profit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 28, 2006, 01:31 AM
DARN That happened with my Braves outfit. I had everything off except the shoes. I was afraid that I'll lose them forever if I actually took them off and sold them then come to realize that they're long gone. >< Would have been more space for picking up more items at the least!!!

Polly
Nov 28, 2006, 02:43 AM
Actually as luck would have it, I think the game can glitch out and eat something that gets unequipped in this fashion. The bug just happened to my character again while I was on sorting some things out.

I re-equipped my Classica Boots in my room's Dressing Room and unequipped them for a moment to have a look at something else and when I unequipped them, they just disappeared from my inventory completely. Like if you were to sell an item. Poof! Nothing I can't afford to buy again, but it does suck I guess.

So, I guess playing around with the glitch can have some not-so-desirable effects. Just a head's up.

Shinnaki
Nov 28, 2006, 09:01 AM
I've never run into this bug. :S

I hope I never do. c_c

Pandatron
Nov 28, 2006, 09:33 AM
Its a loading lag glitch, if you suffer lag between rooms it happen at times. For example when making a pure armor PM on a university connection it happens alot since it takes 3-5 minutes to load b/w each screen. Now for a random goofy picture involving lag me sitting with a rod.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c321/ddrpad/PSU/psu20061122_114151_001.jpg