PDA

View Full Version : Getting Kicked cause you DIED.

Sailor_V_64
Nov 28, 2006, 02:32 AM
Why do people do this?? I was playing Force and was healing everyone and in the middle of it i got gang raped and died. so the guy immediatly revived me and KICKED me. ?!?!?

wft...

ZiG
Nov 28, 2006, 02:33 AM
At least he revived you.

Eternal_Drake
Nov 28, 2006, 02:34 AM
Should have carried more scapes.

Ether
Nov 28, 2006, 02:36 AM
This game has such an awesome community

-Ryuki-
Nov 28, 2006, 02:38 AM
Yeah, this game has such an awesome community, that it actually makes me want to go back and play FFXI.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 28, 2006, 02:38 AM
lol do onma A games all day that will eat your scapes up.

no matter if they had/have one or not kicking them is not a solution to the problem its just creating another one.

You lost your healer, your stillong going to get a worse rank, ect ect.
If it was a fluke and they died so what its a game!

Now it would be diffrent if they just totally sucked and did like no damage and died over and over, that merits a kick. The fuction was put in to boot out abusive and disruptive people, idlers, ect ect. Not to be a A-hole.

All your doing if you boot for a death is giving into a " because your hurt me ill hurt you " psycology and thats bad, hope your not like that in the real world.

l0c0dantes
Nov 28, 2006, 02:39 AM
Well, in some cases I will kick.

If we finish a room, and your in yellow, and I remind you to heal, you dont, and you STILL FREAKIN DIE, Im going to kick you.

I wont even think twice about it

-Ryuki-
Nov 28, 2006, 02:40 AM
On 2006-11-27 23:38, ViciousXUSMC wrote:
lol do onma A games all day that will eat your scapes up.

no matter if they had/have one or not kicking them is not a solution to the problem its just creating another one.

You lost your healer, your stillong going to get a worse rank, ect ect.
If it was a fluke and they died so what its a game!

Now it would be diffrent if they just totally sucked and did like no damage and died over and over, that merits a kick. The fuction was put in to boot out abusive and disruptive people, idlers, ect ect. Not to be a A-hole.

All your doing if you boot for a death is giving into a " because your hurt me ill hurt you " psycology and thats bad, hope your not like that in the real world.

Right. The function for removing people wasn't to be an a-hole, but to prevent from harassment, disruptive people, and so forth.

Yet, that doesn't seem to matter, because in every MMO, the community consists of a ton of people who think they're better than others, and will always find ways to make others dislike the game.

DarkSeph
LOL! IF I DIED IN A MISSION AND GOT THE BOOT I WOULD HAVE IT COMMING.

Simple as that!

Now on the other hand if I was revived and let to play the rest of the mission I would feel special http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif (it's happened http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkSeph on 2006-11-27 23:40 ]</font>

ViciousXUSMC
Guess they need a PSO "hardcore" edition for these people. If you die your automaticlly removed from the game.

Have fun in S rank missions people http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ZiG
Nov 28, 2006, 02:41 AM
I don't kick. Ever.

Look, some people are mentally retarded, ok? Maybe they like the colors? When you're near death, your HP bar is more colorful. Maybe they wanna play in "Hard Mode".

....Maybe I should start kicking...

Sailor_V_64
Nov 28, 2006, 02:43 AM
the thing about the kick system is they should have put in a space to put Why your being kicked. so your not left to draw conclusions for why you got kicked.

I feel worse than a temp being let go from a construction company on his way to work.

-Ryuki-
Nov 28, 2006, 02:45 AM
"Hello? Yeah, I'm almost there. ...What? You're laying me off? I see.."

Eternal_Drake
Nov 28, 2006, 02:45 AM
As long as you dont die, carry scapes, and arent an overwhelmingly annoying prick you shouldnt be getting kicked in the first place.

Ether
Nov 28, 2006, 02:46 AM
On 2006-11-27 23:45, Eternal_Drake wrote:
arent an overwhelmingly annoying prick

Good thing you carry scapes

ViciousXUSMC
I actually played PSO:BB with sombody that had a mental issue (or a speach/type issue) nobody would party with him but I befriended him and we had like the most killer static party and he would do anything for me.

Good karma goes around, so does bad.

I just had sombody "steal" a 150k 7* A rank wep from me, I wont lose a moments rest over it since its a game and its there own fault for being that low. If they take that kind of attitude out in real life its only going to wind them up in trouble or in jail or worse.

Still the whole baisc point is, did kicking them solve the problem? No it already happened.

Even if the guy didnt heal himself between fights, he already died so kicking him wont solve anything.

It would be better to revive him and say look you didnt heal and thats why you died, if you dont heal next time I will boot you. That way they can correct there problem and you keep your team mate.

All you do by kicking is promote bad vibes. Once it goes around enough you have people that dont care about the game because they are tired of the crap and just act like A-holes on purpose, and also your own reputation can get ruined for being a "elitist"

Hotobu
That's really weird, if he's going to kick you why the hell would he waste a moon? Maybe it was to be extra insulting I don't know.

Still though kicking the Force was a dumb idea. I could AT LEAST understand if it was a Ranger (this comming from a ranger). As a Force who saves me mates while possibly risking S vs. A rank is worth it.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 28, 2006, 02:49 AM
Only time I have ever died as a force was actually putting myself in a bad situation in a dragon fight to heal sombody else before they died http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

If I got booted for that I would be very very upset. Somtimes you dont know the whole sotry.

ZiG
Nov 28, 2006, 02:49 AM
On 2006-11-27 23:46, ViciousXUSMC wrote:
I actually played PSO:BB with sombody that had a mental issue (or a speach/type issue) nobody would party with him but I befriended him and we had like the most killer static party and he would do anything for me.

Good karma goes around, so does bad.

I just had sombody "steal" a 150k 7* A rank wep from me, I wont lose a moments rest over it since its a game and its there own fault for being that low. If they take that kind of attitude out in real life its only going to wind them up in trouble or in jail or worse.

Still the whole baisc point is, did kicking them solve the problem? No it already happened.

Even if the guy didnt heal himself between fights, he already died so kicking him wont solve anything.

It would be better to revive him and say look you didnt heal and thats why you died, if you dont heal next time I will boot you. That way they can correct there problem and you keep your team mate.

All you do by kicking is promote bad vibes. Once it goes around enough you have people that dont care about the game because they are tired of the crap and just act like A-holes on purpose, and also your own reputation can get ruined for being a "elitist"

Dude, I think the assholes do this cause they figure, if you died once,you'll do it again, and kicking you prevents that.

Idunno, you figure it out. I'll continue never kicking anyone ever.

-Ryuki-
Nov 28, 2006, 02:53 AM
As long as you dont die, carry scapes, and arent an overwhelmingly annoying prick you shouldnt be getting kicked in the first place.

But see, Sailor wasn't being an overwhelmingly annoying prick, for she wasn't really talking. She died once. None of us carried Scapes, and they all died twice, if not, more. Again, she died once, but was kicked.

I was in the same party as her, and I was never kicked. I died once, but I wasn't ever kicked for it.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 28, 2006, 02:54 AM
I havnt kicked anybody yet, but I am not saying I wouldnt if the situation calls for it.

I generally am solo, playing with my handfull of friends, or just have good luck with parties that have a goal.

it may be my lvl also. I am lvl 49 and I think by the time everybody gets that high they should know how to play.

Deaths do happen tho, be it megid, a double crit, what ever it happens.

I had 8 scapes on me the other day, after my onma farming for me/quick I only have 2 now..... that lighthning attack can kill me in 1 cast he does.

we had several other 50's die from it too... some of them had scapes, some didnt, some did and used them all.... But we still got the loot and had a good time.

VelosofLight
Nov 28, 2006, 02:55 AM
On 2006-11-27 23:41, ZiG wrote:
I don't kick. Ever.

Look, some people are mentally retarded, ok? Maybe they like the colors? When you're near death, your HP bar is more colorful. Maybe they wanna play in "Hard Mode".

....Maybe I should start kicking...

It's 'cause they need to be in yellow to use their Dark Flow's special attack, but they die trying to figure out where they put it.

ZiG
Nov 28, 2006, 02:55 AM
That seems really weird.

But some people think that a Force, of all people, shouldn't be dying, because they have Resta. While I don't agree with that statement, cause well... shit happens, sometimes, this very well could be the reason.

-Ryuki-
Nov 28, 2006, 02:57 AM
Exactly ZiG. People find the stupidest reasons to do mean and rude things, that it's ridiculous. It's the reason why the community falls apart. When I make games and people die, I don't mind. I die from time to time, and it's not intentionally. I normally always seem to either die by somehow getting sandwiched inbetween mobs, or getting criticaled. We all know you can't do anything if you're criticaled.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RyukiZero on 2006-11-27 23:58 ]</font>

Gazette
Nov 28, 2006, 02:57 AM
A force shouldn't die even though they rush in headlong to save a hunter from a pack of Veal de Bears.
The whole die=kick thing is just counter productive.
I stopped seeing it shortly after leaving Parium.
I swear Parium on Uni 1 breeds idiots and elitists.

AlMcFly
Nov 28, 2006, 02:58 AM
Haha, I swear everyday there is a new thread dedicated to this ;p...

ZiG
Nov 28, 2006, 02:58 AM
On 2006-11-27 23:55, VelosofLight wrote:

It's 'cause they need to be in yellow to use their Dark Flow's special attack, but they die trying to figure out where they put it.

I heard that if you get yourself into yellow HP, and then remove your weapon and sit in front of a Vahra king, they'll take you by the hand and lead you to a special mission counter where you can accept the "Vahra Holiday" mission, reminscent of the Rappy Holiday.

This is just hearsay.

ZiG
Nov 28, 2006, 03:00 AM
On 2006-11-27 23:57, RyukiZero wrote:
Exactly ZiG. People find the stupidest reasons to do mean and rude things, that it's ridiculous. It's the reason why the community falls apart. When I make games and people die, I don't mind. I die from time to time, and it's not intentionally. I normally always seem to either die by somehow getting sandwiched inbetween mobs, or getting criticaled. We all know you can't do anything if you're criticaled.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RyukiZero on 2006-11-27 23:58 ]</font>

When someone dies in one of my parties, I generally @02 Owned! shift+enter, but other than that, it's business as usual.

VelosofLight
Nov 28, 2006, 03:06 AM
On 2006-11-27 23:58, ZiG wrote:

On 2006-11-27 23:55, VelosofLight wrote:

I heard that if you get yourself into yellow HP, and then remove your weapon and sit in front of a Vahra king, they'll take you by the hand and lead you to a special mission counter where you can accept the "Vahra Holiday" mission, reminscent of the Rappy Holiday.

This is just hearsay.

Holy crap, I really need to get some sleep. For a split second, I actually took that seriously.

DarkSeph
Nov 28, 2006, 03:10 AM
I BOOT ALL THE TIME!

...My PM...LOL! Right before the Dragon....

((She likes to get Baked WAYYYY too much http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif))

AkiraXxx
Nov 28, 2006, 03:10 AM
Whats the guys name? Sounds like a dick. When I go out in parties I tend to it that if I see the force get hit even once, ill change from what im attacking to whatever is near the force hitting it. If your healing people there is no reason you should have died. Sounds like a shit team you got stuck with. On a side not always carry a scape or 2, there only like 300 in player shops if you search. Or making your own is surprising decently cheap.

ZiG
Nov 28, 2006, 03:15 AM
I don't even boot my PM. She's too optimistic and she makes me smile.

Besides, B level De Ragan hasn't been able to kill her yet, though the A levelone barbequed her...

VelosofLight
Nov 28, 2006, 03:17 AM
I can't do B-Rank Neudaiz with my PM yet, since they don't dodge the Bartas and Foies the enemies like flinging so much, and I can only manage to help them so much...

ZiG
Nov 28, 2006, 03:23 AM
You know, my PM has been hit with Megid so many times, I think she likes it, yet she's never been killed by it. Are they immune?

Anyway, yeah, when there are alot of enemies that use projectile/technics, my PM is kinda at a loss, since I'm a ranger and tend to attack from a distance, I never really get close enough for my PM to engage. So said monster shoots some Barta at me, and I move out of the way.... causing my PM to move IN the way, following me like a good little puppy. Hijinks ensue.

VelosofLight
Nov 28, 2006, 03:24 AM
They're not immune. I saw Lou and my PM both get it in the face. But yeah, sometimes I'll just act like an idiot and reflexively leap in front of Foie and Megid and stuff to protect my PM. Also Barta. Which doesn't help at all. Stupid Barta.

ZiG
Nov 28, 2006, 03:26 AM
Don't knock Barta. Some of my best conversations have been while the entire party has been frozen by a Kamatoze.

VelosofLight
Nov 28, 2006, 03:27 AM
Wait wait wait wait, is that monstrous thing it shoots really Barta? It's not like Zomfgbarta or something?

ZiG
Nov 28, 2006, 03:29 AM
Yeah it's Zomfgbarta, the one that pops up all around him, so all the melees get frozen.

It creates Conversations such as:

"Ohshit"
"lawl"
"halp!"
"fucking n00bs"
"I hate this game"
"We're going to lose S rank ; ;"

Good times.

VelosofLight
Nov 28, 2006, 03:31 AM
Oooh, sounds fun. Complete with cut-away chat and everything?

ZiG
Nov 28, 2006, 03:32 AM
Yeah, the emo "Disappointed" one, or the Angry one... Kamatozes really bring people together.

ZiG
Nov 28, 2006, 03:40 AM
http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=126060&forum=20

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 28, 2006, 03:41 AM
that barta spell is damubarta lvl 21+

its a constant spell that will stay as long as you hold the button and have PP

all the damu spells are like dragons breath kinda a cone infront of you, barta however goes all the way around you at lvl 21+

ZiG
Nov 28, 2006, 03:43 AM
What about the Zonde one Kamatoze uses in Agata Relics? That goes all the way around him...

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 28, 2006, 03:47 AM
gi-zonde
just one hit not constant like the damu spells.

we get gi-zonde, gi-barta, gi-foi, and gi-diga next patch hopfully just like the JP did.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-11-28 00:48 ]</font>

VelosofLight
Nov 28, 2006, 03:48 AM
On 2006-11-28 00:32, ZiG wrote:
Yeah, the emo "Disappointed" one, or the Angry one... Kamatozes really bring people together.

Like a tongue on a cold pole.

ZiG
Nov 28, 2006, 03:51 AM
On 2006-11-28 00:47, ViciousXUSMC wrote:
gi-zonde
just one hit not constant like the damu spells.

we get gi-zonde, gi-barta, gi-foi, and gi-diga next patch hopfully just like the JP did.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-11-28 00:48 ]</font>

Word. Was wondering about that since I'm not really into Force, so didn't bother tinkering with the spells offline either. Bow force all the way.

Remedy
Nov 28, 2006, 03:53 AM
On 2006-11-27 23:39, l0c0dantes wrote:
If we finish a room, and your in yellow, and I remind you to heal, you dont, and you STILL FREAKIN DIE, Im going to kick you. QFT. I've done this on my Ranger alt. I have a damn Force for my main - if I say "hey, <name>, heal", THAT MEANS HEAL.

That does not mean stand there, not pop a mate, and let a Leader Vahra crit you for like 200 and change and die.

This, of course, AFTER I saved the same idiot by popping a Star on his ass. Ugh. Not being on my Force makes me cry. =T.T=

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 28, 2006, 03:56 AM
Thats the reason I picked up being a Fo back in the PSO days, it was soooooooooo hard to find one that could do there duty well and buff/debuff/heal and not die that I got sick of it and went by that "if you want somthing done right you gotta do it yourself" deal.

Sure enough I have been a great fo ever since... problem is now I cant reap in all the benifits like the massive attack power from shifta and the free heals... I am just the one giving them all out.

Kinda sucks, but I cant go back to the other side and have to rely on sombody else again, atleast we are independant. despite the fact we cant solo as well as the other classes :/

All I can say is BRING ON THE C RANK FARMING WITH MY GI-SPELLS!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Sailor_V_64
Nov 28, 2006, 04:21 AM
On 2006-11-28 00:23, ZiG wrote:
You know, my PM has been hit with Megid so many times, I think she likes it, yet she's never been killed by it. Are they immune?

Anyway, yeah, when there are alot of enemies that use projectile/technics, my PM is kinda at a loss, since I'm a ranger and tend to attack from a distance, I never really get close enough for my PM to engage. So said monster shoots some Barta at me, and I move out of the way.... causing my PM to move IN the way, following me like a good little puppy. Hijinks ensue.

I should name my pm Hachiko if that's how they act in
battle. (nana[shojo Anime] reference for people who don't get that)

-Ryuki-
Nov 28, 2006, 04:31 AM
LaWL.

Blu_Swade
Nov 28, 2006, 04:35 AM
On 2006-11-28 01:21, Sailor_V_64 wrote:
[quote]On 2006-11-28 00:23, ZiG wrote:

I find it hilarious when I kill all the enemies, then my PM runs across the screen, about 10-20" scale past the spot the enemies were, I'm like "thanks a lot, I'm glad I brought you along, I hope you poach my kills in the next room, that's even more fun, you little strike-PM-jerk-ninny..."

additional note: I find it funny that the strike PM uses a hanzo, and I had just synthed one and began using it right before my PM changed, I was like "WTF? Do you copy me sword?!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blu_Swade on 2006-11-28 01:46 ]</font>

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 28, 2006, 04:46 AM
You guys need to learn the AI more is all, MY PM can take out a A mission by herself if I wanted, and I hardly ever have to heal her.

Take her to A dragon and even A Onma (she died vs Onma once)

the 410 is supposed to stay near you so you need to get close to an enemy for her to attack it, I do this by getting up in somthings face or by running past it and she runs into it. Works great, her dmg is above and beyond almost anybodies and her hp/defense is incredible.

later on when I make her a GH-413 she may run off and kill things on her own more since it has a independant AI.

Arieta
Nov 28, 2006, 04:49 AM
Be awhile for that. The JP's don't even have the differant models yet (413 for example). I have noticed others doing that for their PM. If you want to get your PM into the fight, they run past the mobs and let the PM get "aggro" and then they go on doing their own thing.

Though it's a lot easier for me since I'm a hunter so she pretty much tags along with me and doubles my DPS heh.

Blu_Swade
Nov 28, 2006, 05:08 AM
On 2006-11-28 01:49, Arieta wrote:
Be awhile for that. The JP's don't even have the differant models yet (413 for example). I have noticed others doing that for their PM. If you want to get your PM into the fight, they run past the mobs and let the PM get "aggro" and then they go on doing their own thing.

Though it's a lot easier for me since I'm a hunter so she pretty much tags along with me and doubles my DPS heh.

I'm currently playing force, but I use gi-level almost exclusively, yet my PM still bolts right past enemies and doesn't help unless she wants to poach my kills or I'm trying to level PA's

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 28, 2006, 05:17 AM
Yeah the love to come in for the finishing blow and take the bigger xp http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Mine even broke open some of the loot boxes after relics C once I swear she was about to take the items!

Sailor_V_64
Nov 28, 2006, 07:30 AM
evil evil pm

-Ryuki-
Nov 28, 2006, 07:36 AM
So, when an NPC dies, do they get kicked? PC's get kicked (as opposed to Sailor making a thread about it), but do NPC's or PM's?

Pandatron
Nov 28, 2006, 07:50 AM
On 2006-11-28 04:36, RyukiZero wrote:
So, when an NPC dies, do they get kicked? PC's get kicked (as opposed to Sailor making a thread about it), but do NPC's or PM's?

Most people i've seen so far have become so effective at kicking people that if there NPC or PM hits yellow they typically boot them, or during a boss fight they boot them just to be safe.

Then again ruling depends on the person and party, also they don't think ahead, if you kick a hunter you lose the effect to output more damage, you kick a ranger you lose the ability to confusing the living heck out of agroed enemies, you kick a force you better hope you have mates and some cure item to make up for lost heals.

I think most people do it because of old saying 'fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me' >.>.

-Ryuki-
Nov 28, 2006, 07:53 AM
What about..

"Shake it once, that's fine.
Shake it twice, that's okay.
Shake it three times, you're playing yourself again."

Does that apply? =O

-Shimarisu-
Nov 28, 2006, 07:54 AM

I got that, but not because of some dumb anime.
For little girls.
That you watch.

-Ryuki-
Nov 28, 2006, 07:54 AM
On 2006-11-28 04:54, -Shimarisu- wrote:

For little girls.
That you watch.

That was a little harsh, don't you think?

-Shimarisu-
Nov 28, 2006, 07:57 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachiko

-Ryuki-
Nov 28, 2006, 08:00 AM
Can't argue with that.

But, the story (in which it was originated from) is kind of saddening, in my opinion.

Then again, who cares what I think?

RussInDaHill
Nov 28, 2006, 08:03 AM
On 2006-11-27 23:46, ViciousXUSMC wrote:

Man STFU ALREADY...quit tryin top make it out like he stole it....your dumbass wrapped it in a present and put it for sale...shit i wish I was there....your damn right I would have bought it and smiled the way back to the bank...NO ONE STOLE YOUR SHIT...YOUR SLIP UP WAS HIS GAIN

Pandatron
Nov 28, 2006, 08:04 AM
On 2006-11-28 04:53, RyukiZero wrote:
What about..

"Shake it once, that's fine.
Shake it twice, that's okay.
Shake it three times, you're playing yourself again."

Does that apply? =O

I dunno if you die and they kick you, you tell me if it applies. It goes something more to the lines of:

"Make one false move and your dead".

Or someone shot liner like that ^_^;;;.

-Ryuki-
Nov 28, 2006, 08:12 AM
I guess if you put it THAT way, then it doesn't apply at all XD;

IceBeam
Nov 28, 2006, 09:26 AM
lol id kick u if u died man that suks when ppl die y cant ppl make scape dolls.....

Merumeru
Nov 28, 2006, 10:09 AM
sorry you were in a party with an 'OMG U RUINED MY S-RANK AND ARE MAKING ME WASTE 15 MINUTES OUT OF THE 300 HOURS I HAVE PUMPED INTO THIS GAME NOW ALL I HAVE FROM THIS MISSION IS MESETA ITEMS AND EXPERIENCE BUT NO MISSION POINTS THAT ARE NEEDED TO REACH LV10 IN MY CLASS WHICH I FINISHED DOING AT LV35 BUT ITS THE PRINCIPLE' kind of person XD

lordzanon
Nov 28, 2006, 10:26 AM
Zomfg Jeebus guys, wtf..!!

The only players i can picture that are elitist perfectionist prics are ffxi players, They have to have the right combo of jobs, they have to have the corresponding items for the jobs, they have to make an x amount of exp per hour and If you die you are insulted for "waisting time"
And for all those people who said ' you should have kept a few scapes" While yes its good to have a few, im think its stupid to be forced to carry thing because of elitist pricks. They just bully ur ass at your expence and you fall for their game.

Ole pso players actually dont give a damn of the outcome, thus dont boot.

But the sad truth is, its Sonic teams fault (not sega, they published it sonic team made the game) They added the stupid rank crap in the game making elitist a$$hats do what they do.
Back in pso it was fun to run with people, and lol and rofl when they get pwned and having to rez em. that was fun NO ONE CARED about dying. I remember when they added the missions with ranks , those were fun and you needed teamwork to get s rank, but they were not as fun as going into ruins in difficult or ultimate and just get wtfpwned in every room and lol about it.
So thanks sonic team on messing up psu with your stupid rank system.

Now for those who wanna play psu as it is. Look for sami ver.2 ingame, i make games and i dont give a flying f^&% of the outcome, i play for fun and thrills, so if your that beast that tried to pull that extra pa on Deragon and get wftbbqpwned, Ill just have a goof LOL and rez you and keep on.

TIME TO PLAY PSU, PSO STYLE AND ENJOY THEY GAME, screw ranks and all of those who want to rank the best all the times and their moms.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lordzanon on 2006-11-28 07:38 ]</font>

Nayte
Nov 28, 2006, 10:33 AM
On 2006-11-28 07:26, lordzanon wrote:

The only players i can picture that are elitist perfectionist prics are ffxi players.

I used to play FFXI. So that means im automatically an "elistist perfectionist pric" i guess. You make it sound like everyone but FFXI players are all angels... If you get booted, then you're better off not being in a party with someone like that at all, simple.

ZiG
Nov 28, 2006, 10:40 AM

The only players i can picture that are elitist perfectionist prics are ffxi players, They have to have the right combo of jobs, they have to have the corresponding items for the jobs, they have to make an x amount of exp per hour and If you die you are insulted for "waisting time"
And for all those people who said ' you should have kept a few scapes" While yes its good to have a few, im think its stupid to be forced to carry thing because of elitist pricks. They just bully ur ass at your expence and you fall for their game.

But the sad truth is, its Sonic teams fault (not sega, they published it sonic team made the game) They added the stupid rank crap in the game making elitist a$$hats do what they do.
Back in pso it was fun to run with people, and lol and rofl when they get pwned and having to rez em. that was fun NO ONE CARED about dying. I remember when they added the missions with ranks , those were fun and you needed teamwork to get s rank, but they were not as fun as going into ruins in difficult or ultimate and just get wtfpwned in every room and lol about it.

Now for those who wanna play psu as it is. Look for sami ver.2 ingame, i make games and i dont give a flying f^&% of the outcome, i play for fun and thrills, so if your that beast that tried to pull that extra pa on Deragon and get wftbbqpwned, Ill just have a goof LOL and rez you and keep on.

TIME TO PLAY PSU, PSO STYLE AND ENJOY THEY GAME, screw ranks and all of those who want to rank the best all the times and their moms.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lordzanon on 2006-11-28 07:38 ]</font>

Funny, no one ever got kicked for dying on FFXI. At least I never saw it in my 3 years (and still running)

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 28, 2006, 10:44 AM
man, I think that anyone who boots someone else for dying totally needs to get a piece of his own medicine. anyone who does that kind of stuff is a total ass. hopefully, I'll try never to associate myself with elitist losers like that. but I think a death ruining an s rank is much better than what sonic team did in PSO DC, you know, like dropping your weapon? that was the stupidest thing sega ever did and I'm glad they took that out cuz it really promoted duping. I'm also glad that when you die even in this game, you still have your weapon equipped. In GC, you die, your weapon is unequipped, which IMO may just make you more likely to die, although you still have it which is good and makes duping less necessary.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2006-11-28 07:51 ]</font>

Merumeru
Nov 28, 2006, 10:47 AM

yah XD 100% with ya on this argument, things like ranks and rares always bring out that 'OMG MUST BE THE BEST' aspect in games x.x unfortunately, thats the goal of the majority and if you dont follow their standards, they dont want anything to do with ya, as vividly shown XP but dont sweat, your gaming experience is your own so just dont let anyone get you down or upset because they're being that way :3

lordzanon
Nov 28, 2006, 10:50 AM
read again i just edited it, missed stuff. However the sad truth is what i said, i also played ffxi and was turned off because i couldnt play as i wanted to, was a dark thf since low lvl and was contantly told to be a drk/war. I hated to get to a place after hours to see a group break up because the exp started to"suck" or "mr x is dying to much im outta here." Thats the damn attitude of many of the players. and how hard it was to find players to enjoy the game as you wanted. also its game structure was built to be the way it is. your rank was your status quo, people would prefer to take mr pal/war rank 5 than mr pal/war rank 2 . Your gear had to be what the society wants it to be, "oh crap not alot of dez gear you suck."
i got to the point i was starting to act like the people i hated most so i left the game, no fun at all just stress. Oh and dare to tell me that you never got booted for dying in ffxi.

yes i admit i have deep hatred twords the game, but more due to its community because the game does have one hell of a story, i do have the whole story somewhere in my old computer (took days to read)

i have noticed that many of these prics have come from the that game and in a way i hate to see em here, which is why I MAKE MY OWN GAMES AND LET ANYONE IN TO DO WHAT THEY PLEASE. thats how i get my satisfaction of psu, to play it as good ol pso.

lordzanon
Nov 28, 2006, 10:53 AM
quote:

Funny, no one ever got kicked for dying on FFXI. At least I never saw it in my 3 years (and still running)

end Quote:

Oh true i forgot, people got booted once the leader found out their armor is not to their lvl and dont have the correct gear on. btw i was on the diabolos server.

MayLee
Nov 28, 2006, 11:05 AM
People still kick others when they died and got brought back with a scape. =

Ronzeru
Nov 28, 2006, 11:31 AM
On 2006-11-28 07:53, lordzanon wrote:
quote:

end Quote:

Oh true i forgot, people got booted once the leader found out their armor is not to their lvl and dont have the correct gear on. btw i was on the diabolos server.

QFT. I'm from a worse server. Asura. FFXI is the game where you can't pt with loldrgs and lolsmns, and ever since the expansion, lolblms as far as xp goes at least. And if your armor is too shitty your kicked, or if you slip up even once you're kicked. I haven't played that game tho since Gears of War and PSU came out. I need to go back for a bit and help out my LS on Gods and Limbus some more. =/

Zarbolord
Nov 28, 2006, 11:33 AM
Would be funny for the leader to kick himself out...

Ronzeru
Nov 28, 2006, 11:34 AM
The other day someone I know meant to kick someone, and gave the person they wanted to kick leader by mistake. Classic.

Zarbolord
Nov 28, 2006, 11:36 AM
Good one, old chap http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ronzeru
Nov 28, 2006, 11:37 AM
I wish it was on PC version so that it coulda been frasped and replayed on youtube.

Zarbolord
Nov 28, 2006, 11:38 AM
FRAPS need to pay, bad FRAPS, bad.. me not likes...

MayLee
Nov 28, 2006, 11:39 AM
On 2006-11-28 08:34, Ronzeru wrote:
The other day someone I know meant to kick someone, and gave the person they wanted to kick leader by mistake. Classic.

Haha, Tat's awsome. I would kick the old leader. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Ronzeru
Nov 28, 2006, 11:40 AM
I guess that's what they call "Karma."

Zarbolord
Nov 28, 2006, 11:45 AM
Ying Yang under the shower maybeeeee....

lordzanon
Nov 28, 2006, 11:47 AM
On 2006-11-28 08:34, Ronzeru wrote:

rofl

Nietzsche
Nov 28, 2006, 11:50 AM
eh i can't contribute much to this, i've never booted anyone for dying, i've also never been booted for dying,
i'm a pretty big fan of scapedolls
but really i would expect some of this attitude to go away as the game gets more challenging, i've done nothing but Neu Relics from 35-45 and i havn't seen anyone die on that mission yet, C rank B rank A rank not one death, now Desert Terror ect on A would be a different story, maybe that's why i don't grind on those?

MayLee
Nov 28, 2006, 12:02 PM
On 2006-11-28 08:40, Ronzeru wrote:
I guess that's what they call "Karma."

We're having Caramel? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MayLee on 2006-11-28 09:06 ]</font>

Zarbolord
Nov 28, 2006, 12:03 PM
Caramal http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

MayLee
Nov 28, 2006, 12:07 PM
Correction.I like to pronounce the word, "Carmal"

Jasam
Nov 28, 2006, 12:21 PM
Booting for dieing is stupid for a single slipup....
What happoned to playing games for enjoyment?
I think the most fun I've had was doing Ragen C at with 4 people level 5-7....
Forget getting an S rank(Is there a negative rank...thats sounds about right with our number of deaths getting to him).... We couldn't actuly beat regan ^-^'...
It was very amusing to hit the thing for a 2 damage crit ^-^
Now I could of gone and done a Fight for food game with a party of rank obsessors.... but what would be the fun in that?

BlessedRavenX
Nov 28, 2006, 12:21 PM
Heh,

Out of the 60+ hours I've played this game I've only died three times, and I got kick EVERY SINGLE TIME. I guess thats the reason why I solo a lot.....

PMB960
Nov 28, 2006, 12:31 PM
Too many people are just jerks. They take the game too seriously and are obsessed with getting S-ranks. I don't understand how anyone can play with these people. The problem is they usually kick me too because I am a force, and usually the only force in the party. I would really like to see how they finish Grove of Fanatics with just 2 Hunters who are at a slightly lower level than me.

Sailor_V_64
Nov 28, 2006, 01:21 PM
On 2006-11-28 04:54, -Shimarisu- wrote:

For little girls.
That you watch.

Nana is not dumb.

it's kinda deep actually.

Sailor_V_64
Nov 28, 2006, 01:26 PM
On 2006-11-28 07:09, Merumeru wrote:
sorry you were in a party with an 'OMG U RUINED MY S-RANK AND ARE MAKING ME WASTE 15 MINUTES OUT OF THE 300 HOURS I HAVE PUMPED INTO THIS GAME NOW ALL I HAVE FROM THIS MISSION IS MESETA ITEMS AND EXPERIENCE BUT NO MISSION POINTS THAT ARE NEEDED TO REACH LV10 IN MY CLASS WHICH I FINISHED DOING AT LV35 BUT ITS THE PRINCIPLE' kind of person XD

loves it. That was awesome

Sailor_V_64
Nov 28, 2006, 01:30 PM
On 2006-11-28 07:40, ZiG wrote:

HEH what server you play on?!?. I have played on Ifrit since the begining. And i have seen TONS of kicks because people weren't ELITE in there job. Kind of the reason i stuck with white mage in FFXI. because the whm can do no wrong.

Sailor_V_64
Nov 28, 2006, 01:32 PM
On 2006-11-28 07:44, Shiroryuu wrote:
man, I think that anyone who boots someone else for dying totally needs to get a piece of his own medicine. anyone who does that kind of stuff is a total ass. hopefully, I'll try never to associate myself with elitist losers like that. but I think a death ruining an s rank is much better than what sonic team did in PSO DC, you know, like dropping your weapon? that was the stupidest thing sega ever did and I'm glad they took that out cuz it really promoted duping. I'm also glad that when you die even in this game, you still have your weapon equipped. In GC, you die, your weapon is unequipped, which IMO may just make you more likely to die, although you still have it which is good and makes duping less necessary.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2006-11-28 07:51 ]</font>

I LIKE the droping of the Item. You had to trust the people you were with. That's what's wrong with this world nowadays no trust. If your weapon drop you politely asked for it back. But alas no more of that.
I only wish they'd bring something back of that sort.

Witchblade56
Nov 28, 2006, 01:38 PM
First of all I'm going to address the "FFXI players are elitist pricks" comment. Don't sterotype us with the real jerks out there that play. Also i have not booted people for having "Gimp" gear in my FFXI exp pts.
I have played FFXI since its inception here in the US. I'm not an elitist prick and dont kick people for dying. Never have never will.

Secondly i have friends that were still using c rank weapons, both myself and my best friend [who also still plays FFXI] furnish 5 star b weaps to them so that they can play the game how they want. Sara and i have purchased boards for the 5 stars [striking/ranged] and split the cost and if there are extra synths left on the boards [there usually are] we just ask our friends for the mats and craft them for free.

I dont charge friends for these things; I wont charge them in the future.

I have played open rooms and have had people die multiple times in fact. Neither myself nor my friends kick people for this. You die o well, we'll get s rank the next run.

This elitist attitude isnt really prevalent in the people I've played with, it's a shame though that there are jerks out ther that ruin other people's fun. My friends and i usually either play a full 6 man party or duo all our missions. We farm mats for crafting/grind exp almost all the time and place greater value in fun with friends rather than s rank all the time.

To sailor all i gotta say is dust your feet off and move to the next room; those elitist people arent worth your time nor the PP spent to cure their useless backsides. If a good FO dies trying to help me stay alive rest [this doesnt happen very often at all] assured they'll be in the room with me for as long as im playing that night or til they decide to log.

Sailor_V_64
Nov 28, 2006, 01:39 PM
i'll proberly start hanging around on uni 15 more so i won't get this crap instead of hanging out on universe 01.

I swear i wonder about some people sometimes on there. before i left to get the car fixed some guy came into the area and just kept blurting out

My mom saids i'm a stupid disgrace to the world.

he just kept pressing up and enter he was STILL there when i got back just now.

god people just suck.

lordzanon
Nov 28, 2006, 01:44 PM
ya uni 15 and 17 is where its at, i wont go to the full servers.

oh and witchblade i did say "MOST" not "ALL"

edited to do great justice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lordzanon on 2006-11-28 18:58 ]</font>

Witchblade56
Nov 28, 2006, 01:53 PM
I play on universe 15; ill look ya up sailor http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

And Lordzanon its "Witchblade" *lifts nose* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shadow_Wing
Nov 28, 2006, 01:55 PM
60% of the people I play with were FFXI players at one time, 40% of them come straight from FFXI, including myself, and 0% of them are jerks.

I also won't deny the fact that I am arrogant, elitiest and a perfectionist SOB but that doesn't prevent people from actually liking me, but also I'm quite understanding, comes with the neutral attitude I guess...

On Remora, the hell hole of FFXI, hardly anyone kicked cause you had bad gear... and trust me we probably have more jerks than any other server out there...

Anyways I digress, on PSU I've hardly come upon a pick up group where they'd kick me if someone died (I have been kicked cause I was a ranger before though >>, and I bet u I can do more dmg than their Human Hunter leader >>), of course I avoid the 5% of the groups that have death = kick in their comments. You just gotta find the right set of people who aren't total jerk faces. I know my group is always busy and full since there's a lot of people that want to team with me and the usual peeps I team up with cause we're great bunch of people.

rvzero
Nov 28, 2006, 02:12 PM
carry scapes... carry scapes... carry scapes... each cost as much / 5 times as much as you get money from a B rank De Ragan run, now how the hell are we poor ppl supposed to pull so much money outta our asses?

it's ridiculous... just like those a-holes that kick ppl just chause they happen to die. IMO they should go buy loads of scapes and do the missions alone. atleast then noone'd ruin their lil S-rank run...

MXdude
Nov 28, 2006, 02:47 PM
Death=you dont deserve the mission points.

The end.

Witchblade56
Nov 28, 2006, 03:03 PM
LOLz i solo on my beast as force [capped hunter] with my PM [GH410] and Leogini in relics B on neudaiz and parum.

When i group my expectations = fun with friends when farming.

ZiG
Nov 28, 2006, 03:07 PM
Kujata server, character name is Mekh, 75 WAR, 75 THF, 75 BLM, 75 NIN and 75 RNG. 3 years playing, never once saw anyone booted for dying or having crappy gear (towards the beginning, I, myself, had shitty gear).

Every single game has a problem like you're referring to, don't you dare stereotype a particular gamer base because they come from a game you did not enjoy.

ZiG
Nov 28, 2006, 03:10 PM
Why do people always counter "Bring Scape Dolls" with "they're 5k, fuckthat." ... I can do an Unsafe Passage C run 10 times and walk away with 3, at least. They aren't exactly rare drops (though they count as rares).

Stop selling them, I know you do.

Warnen
Nov 28, 2006, 09:35 PM
I ran into this once so far, but I had a scape doll and still got kicked.

SonicTMP
Nov 28, 2006, 09:47 PM
yeesh 8 pages over being kicked for dying. it's a game, get over it and join another group.

Hustler_One
Nov 28, 2006, 09:49 PM

I was trying to resist the urge to post, but this one set it off.

You should not HAVE to carry scapes to make sure you dont get kicked (even tho a lot will kick you anyway)

Its a game damnit, if you worry THAT much about getting a S rank, then either
1. Your an elitist asshat.
2. You dont relize that there is almost no point to levling up your job level anyway, the stat gains are miniscule at best and expert jobs dont exist yet.
3. Your taking a game way too damn seriously.

I dont carry scapes. Why? Because of the above reason. if I die, its a good reason. And if I get kicked, oh well, it means I get to start over again with a new group.

Im REALLY tired of people going "omg u noob, u died, have scapes!" *boot*

I left Diablo II because the community sucked big time. I really dont want to leave this game because of the same reason.

Jife_Jifremok
Nov 28, 2006, 11:31 PM
So far I've only been kicked from parties that locked their games up after kicking me. I don't die often, but when I do it's when I have a scape. Unfortunately, when I die and use scapes a bunch of other people die without scapes and destroy the rank anyway, making my scape usage in vain.

Aside from the idiots who can't read simple things like [level 15+ or boot] or [level < 20 or boot], I've only seen one person I deemed worthy of kicking. He was level 27, joined my dragon run nearly at the boss, and died on the De Ragan without a scape. I had him booted before anyone could revive him. Normally when I see people die on this, they have a scape, or are low level so their death is excusable. But this assmunch was at a high enough level that he should know how not to die on a boss that's easier than a gang of polties. A high-level player dying on a mere dragon doesn't deserve the exp for that run. (If there were already three deaths to make the rank C before the dragon fight even started, or if three newbies died on the dragon, I'd still kick the high-level who died there.)

I won't boot anyone for dying from megid or some non-megid-spewing mob, or any other boss. I won't boot anyone for dealing low damage or not healing. I'm far from elitist, but I don't want to party with people who just flat-out suck bad enough to get themselves killed on mere dragons at a point when they shouldn't be doing so.

VelosofLight
Nov 28, 2006, 11:39 PM
On 2006-11-28 12:07, ZiG wrote:
Kujata server, character name is Mekh, 75 WAR, 75 THF, 75 BLM, 75 NIN and 75 RNG. 3 years playing, never once saw anyone booted for dying or having crappy gear (towards the beginning, I, myself, had shitty gear).

Every single game has a problem like you're referring to, don't you dare stereotype a particular gamer base because they come from a game you did not enjoy.

Hey, you were Kujata too?! Besides people I either met on or world-passed to Kujata, I've never met another person that played on it. But anyway...

Eternal_Drake
Nov 28, 2006, 11:49 PM
On 2006-11-28 18:49, Hustler_One wrote:

I was trying to resist the urge to post, but this one set it off.

You should not HAVE to carry scapes to make sure you dont get kicked (even tho a lot will kick you anyway)

Its a game damnit, if you worry THAT much about getting a S rank, then either
1. Your an elitist asshat.
2. You dont relize that there is almost no point to levling up your job level anyway, the stat gains are miniscule at best and expert jobs dont exist yet.
3. Your taking a game way too damn seriously.

I dont carry scapes. Why? Because of the above reason. if I die, its a good reason. And if I get kicked, oh well, it means I get to start over again with a new group.

Im REALLY tired of people going "omg u noob, u died, have scapes!" *boot*

I left Diablo II because the community sucked big time. I really dont want to leave this game because of the same reason.

Well, you do have to carry scapes to keep from being kicked from a group [majority of the time], even if you "shouldn't have to" (you also shouldn't be dying, its not like we have any hard missions yet). If you don't like it, you basically have four options.

1. Do missions that you are basically guaranteed not to die in.
2. Solo.
3. Play with a group of friends.
4. Wait until S missions come out, because everyone will be dying then.

Also, I am a long time Diablo 2 / LOD player, surprise surprise. (if it consoles you any, I used both maphacks and bots)