PDA

View Full Version : Subscription via debit card? how does it go?

magenta
Nov 28, 2006, 03:46 AM
Went to the sega.com billing site and i was giving an option between using a credit card, or a debit card.

but the debit is a one-time payment scheme. meaning that after one month I have to go back to the billing site to renew/pay for another subscription. just wondering how this goes?

Does it mean that I pay for one month, then can go back and buy another subscription the same way (via debit card), or does it mean i only use debit card once, and that after one payment I have to use a credit card to pay for another subscription.

the former (being able to use debit card again and again - though its 50p more than credit card) is a lot more appealing since I will be able to keep track of payment easier.

Diablohead
Nov 28, 2006, 08:00 AM
debit card is fine, if you got the visa logo on it you will find it works basicly the same.

debit cards can also do automatic monthly payments but maybe sega doesn't want it.

Itchee
Nov 28, 2006, 12:12 PM
If you have a Visa debit card, it should work like any other credit card.....so I would try to use the CC option. If for some reason that doesnt work, then yes, just renew with the same debit card....I couldnt see them forcing you to use multiple cards.

Reno
Nov 28, 2006, 12:26 PM
Does it mean that I pay for one month, then can go back and buy another subscription the same way (via debit card)

Basically, with the debit card option you're only charged for one month and then you have to go back to the website and manually purchase another month if you want to keep playing

The other option (only for credit cards apparently) automatically renews and takes the money out each month unless you cancel it (like BB)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reno on 2006-11-28 09:28 ]</font>

LJ
Nov 29, 2006, 01:52 AM
What is the exact site so I can go there and do this?

Alisha
Nov 29, 2006, 02:10 AM
your title lies =P