PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PC: forget it~not ment for psow (my contest is taken els

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 28, 2006, 06:15 AM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-11-28 18:19 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Nov 28, 2006, 06:30 AM
...Yeah.. I'm not doing that, and I have WAY too much time on my hands.

Tahldon
Nov 28, 2006, 07:11 AM
This is interesting.. Unfortunately we're playing on two different consoles.

I'm already on a mad grind to cap out all of my spells right now. I've only seen one person with 7 capped spells so far. I'm just glad I'm one of em.

But either way.. good luck with that contest I'd join, but I'm on the tree-siddy. :3

Pandatron
Nov 28, 2006, 08:00 AM
rofl your kidding me right xD. Have you seen the cost on how much the average force related class is going to end up paying for new gear. Few to little of us are going to have any k let alone 100k left over.

Though then again those with the cash flow and enough free time to give this a go more power to them. Personally i find this silly, not to mention if you speed to cap everything you'll be back to meseta farming in no time (something i don't plan to do for a while once i'm fully decked out x.x).

Either case good luck with the competition.

AkiraXxx
Nov 28, 2006, 08:25 AM
Well if only 10 people enter your guranted at least half of your money back since its 1-10th place. At least 10 peeps should sign up, you dont actually lose that much if you dont win.

Kent
Nov 28, 2006, 08:37 AM
But odds are, you're not going to get first place if you have a life.

Thus the reason only the creator and one other person are in it so far... The entire thing smells scammy, though.

AkiraXxx
Nov 28, 2006, 08:41 AM
On 2006-11-28 05:37, Kent wrote:
But odds are, you're not going to get first place if you have a life.

Thus the reason only the creator and one other person are in it so far... The entire thing smells scammy, though.

If it is a scam it would suck to get black listed by the entire PSOW community. But if 10 people do this, its only a 1 mil pot, first place gets 400k, second, 150k, third 100k and the rest 50k. So theres no actual left over pot money for the OP to get.

mogshaz
Nov 28, 2006, 08:55 AM
On 2006-11-28 05:00, Pandatron wrote:
rofl your kidding me right xD. Have you seen the cost on how much the average force related class is going to end up paying for new gear. Few to little of us are going to have any k let alone 100k left over.

Though then again those with the cash flow and enough free time to give this a go more power to them. Personally i find this silly, not to mention if you speed to cap everything you'll be back to meseta farming in no time (something i don't plan to do for a while once i'm fully decked out x.x).

Either case good luck with the competition.

Uh, i thought the point of having a contest with a reward is to gain the prize at the end, thus spending that 100K is sort of an investment (if you think you can win).

Genobee
Nov 28, 2006, 09:02 AM
ROFL sounds like EVE all over again. Some guy did pretty much the same thing and stole like Billions of ISK worth of 50k real dollars

Sychosis
Nov 28, 2006, 09:04 AM
No life + Me/Quick = winnar.

Dragon_Knight
Nov 28, 2006, 09:17 AM
Yea...seems like a scam too. I only trust pot style gaming if I could physicaly beat up the person I've giving the money too.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 28, 2006, 09:23 AM
hahaha this is so dumb i can7t even be bothered to press my shift key or waste effort on punctuation

Pandatron
Nov 28, 2006, 09:26 AM
I just realized something... the current pot is 200k yet there's only one contestant. Am i missing something here?

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 28, 2006, 10:08 AM
Wow. Killing me. My main reason is to have a competition, not to scam people.

You never wondered to yourself, " Heh, I wonder who's the best Force or Hunter that's wandering around atm."? This is a chance to step up and publicize yourself.

The way you guys are beating this thread now, it will make no one join except the only ones that I've asked and challenged online.

On 2006-11-28 06:26, Pandatron wrote:
I just realized something... the current pot is 200k yet there's only one contestant. Am i missing something here?

If you look closely, there are two people, Me and cherry.

I wanted this to be a challenge for force race, not a challenge to get started! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-11-28 07:13 ]</font>

Ogni-XR21
Nov 28, 2006, 10:09 AM
Sorry but this does in no way prove if you are a good force, it just shows if you have to much time on your hands...

Nayte
Nov 28, 2006, 10:12 AM
IF i was going to do a competition on who the "best" force is, i would base it on how fast they could solo high rank missions (or something along those lines). Capping techs isnt even skill but hey, its not my competition.

Merumeru
Nov 28, 2006, 10:16 AM
XD Good god, what ever happened to HideNGoSeek, Tag or even Treasure Hunt?

mogshaz
Nov 28, 2006, 10:21 AM
On 2006-11-28 07:16, Merumeru wrote:
XD Good god, what ever happened to HideNGoSeek, Tag or even Treasure Hunt?

Or the Leap frog contest.

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 28, 2006, 10:32 AM
I was at least hoping for about 20+ contestants. If I dont have enough by then, I'll just return all whom ever's submitted meseta.

Remedy
Nov 28, 2006, 10:37 AM
On 2006-11-28 07:08, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
If you look closely, there are two people, Me and cherry.Yeah, that stupid little <censor> would join something stupid like this.

Calibur
Nov 28, 2006, 10:40 AM
GET THE VAN KEYS NOW!!!

Sadly, I dont have a Force...

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 28, 2006, 10:42 AM
On 2006-11-28 07:37, Remedy wrote:

If you look closely, there are two people, Me and cherry.Yeah, that stupid little <censor> would join something stupid like this.

Actually, it started out with me and Him >:[ But that's very rude to attack him like that.

Any Besides. I've only posted this contest here, in PSOW. Trying to get everyone to get even more excited with the new things that are comming out so it's bound to have a very small list of competators but what I'm hoping for is at LEAST 20 players. If it were to be even 19 right about the final minutes before the patches, I would just return everyone's money.

Or maybe yet, I can just add 2x the submition size to get things going ><

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-11-28 07:59 ]</font>

Starrz
Nov 28, 2006, 10:51 AM
I would like to join a force competition, but capping all techics was never in the plan for my character.

Rooroo
Nov 28, 2006, 12:09 PM
There are ways to level Techs up quick. Carry a stash of 1 star/2 star wands/rods, and spam the spells on mobs in Linear line A/B, since they move so slow and has lots of HP before they die. When drained on PP, just exit, recharge for a tiny fee (since these are only 1/2 star weapons), and repeat. That's one way, and there are a few others I won't bother disclosing. It all involves around finding high HP mobs, using the environment and getting a group of them to be stuck together, while you sit at safe zone spamming spells with one hand on the controller while you watch TV or something. Yeah, real skillz there... Don't get me wrong, I do this to max my Tech too, but I'm not about to go in some competition to brag how I got my Techs to the max.

The ones who do enter no doubt know a couple tricks here and there with levelling Techs. I simply don't see how this is suppose to show who is the 'best' force. Using the above method, I can cap all Techs and not even be a level 50/60, walk around with rank C wands and armor, and have zero skill in aiming or whatever. But by your definition, would I still be considered an awesome FO?

No offense, but this whole competition seems like a setup to gain easy cash because you are confident that you know a couple tricks that others don't to make you come out ahead.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rooroo on 2006-11-28 09:21 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rooroo on 2006-11-28 09:23 ]</font>

Zalana
Nov 28, 2006, 12:19 PM
I would actually join Sky but, I've recently switched over to HU in order to get ready for WarTecher. I saw your character the other day lol. He had everything maxed at the cap. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif Maybe you can get some more folks to compete with you and Cherry. It could be a nice way for someone to grab some extra needed meseta lol.

waluigi1
Nov 28, 2006, 12:21 PM
Hey DJ. I think it sounds like an interesting idea but I don't have the meseta or time to do it. I don't belive you are scamming anyone either. You're too cool. Thanks again for the help last night btw. I'm Nekobe. Remember? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 28, 2006, 12:21 PM
You can say it's more of a race than to see who's the better force. I just used that term "better" for encouragement. But I see it could be misleading?

I'm just trying to pull together people who wants to do a little competition. Seeing as though I hear of so many knowledgeable players by word of mouth only, it only wants me to really just say, " Show yourself! I want to know who you are. Why are you so good? What trick are you using?" etc.

You know what? Since you guys are so solicitous about word choice. I'll humor yall' and change a couple of the "best" to something else then. ;p

And yea. If you think about it. It's best to be capped before the update to get a head start before everyone. There's only about 5 other forces with cap atm.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-11-28 09:23 ]</font>

waluigi1
Nov 28, 2006, 12:25 PM
I'm definitely not capped lol. I have um...7 spells above 11. I am just trying to get them to at least 11.

Sexy_Raine
Nov 28, 2006, 12:33 PM
Getting every single techs to lv30 is insane! I couldn't do it. I'll be happy when most of my techs reach pass the Lv21 mark.

waluigi1
Nov 28, 2006, 12:37 PM
On 2006-11-28 09:33, Sexy_Raine wrote:
I'll be happy when most of my techs reach pass the Lv21 mark.

Me too.

UltimateCarl
Nov 28, 2006, 01:17 PM
I'm not going to join (I'm going to be entirely too busy with finals and some papers in the next few weeks. That and I've never raised over 15k meseta, so I doubt I can get 100k to give away...), but geez, I just want to say chill out to some of you people. I've noticed this trend a lot lately, but seriously, PSO-W has seriously gone down the crapper since a bit before PSU. Pretty much every topic now is spammed by at least ten people telling you how you're wrong, an idiot, and how you made a stupid, useless topic regardless of what it is about.

Regardless, calm down. He's just having some good fun and what is he doing? PLAYING THE GAME. He and several others would probably down the road max out all Techs in the first place, but it's something that can get boring. So, here's a solution: make it a game! Even boring grinding activities can gain a bit of excitement when it becomes a contest!

That said, I'm still not joining, but I encourage others to. I'll also be watching this thread to see any updates and look forward to a winner!

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 28, 2006, 01:39 PM
On 2006-11-28 10:17, UltimateCarl wrote:
I'm not going to join (I'm going to be entirely too busy with finals and some papers in the next few weeks. That and I've never raised over 15k meseta, so I doubt I can get 100k to give away...), but geez, I just want to say chill out to some of you people. I've noticed this trend a lot lately, but seriously, PSO-W has seriously gone down the crapper since a bit before PSU. Pretty much every topic now is spammed by at least ten people telling you how you're wrong, an idiot, and how you made a stupid, useless topic regardless of what it is about.

Regardless, calm down. He's just having some good fun and what is he doing? PLAYING THE GAME. He and several others would probably down the road max out all Techs in the first place, but it's something that can get boring. So, here's a solution: make it a game! Even boring grinding activities can gain a bit of excitement when it becomes a contest!

That said, I'm still not joining, but I encourage others to. I'll also be watching this thread to see any updates and look forward to a winner!

lol. I've never had to defend myself on a forum just for trying to begin something interesting with everyone. I'm doing it for PSOW and most of them just shuns it into my face.

But that's alright... I suppose. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif It shows the kind of person everyone is. ><

We'll see if this ever gets started. I hope it does ><

My tips on those that's poor:
~Also. If you ever think about making money. It's very simple. Think of each area and their mission points and meseta bonuses. Such as De Ragan A. Each S rank mission on De Ragan can give a little over 1k meseta for only 11-13 minutes each run with a good party.

~Holy Relics in Parum can be very fast in B mission with a little over 2k each run which can be done under 17-18 minutes in a good party

~Moatoob's Dimma boss A mission can be an awsome alternative since each run is 30-40 minutes depending if you want to S rank it or A rank it (skipping mobs and such.) A rank would give almost 3k while S rank gives 4k.

It's very simple to get 100k. You can do it in a day (hehe* Rhymes)

But it can be very rewarding if a lot of people join this competition. If it can even go further than 20 players, I'll have to change the prize and number of players who will recieve the prizes. Heck, I make rods and canes for a living in this game. I'll probably consider adding Force weapons to the prize.

Reiichi
Nov 28, 2006, 02:34 PM
Good god why???

It's like a contest of who can slash their wrists to bleed the most while remaining conscious.

Whoever doesn't have a job/school/life will be the leading candidate to win, but why encourage the community to spam skills again and again and again for minimal benefits. You'll only cause people to burn out and wish they never participated in this event. Might as well call it on last man standing.

Competition is good when it's fun. Does anyone think that this is fun? I mean really, spamming all your buffs to 30? All your debuffs to 30? All your nukes to 30? Even reverser to 30?

Bleemo
Nov 28, 2006, 02:36 PM
Hmm... 100,000 meseta sure does go for a lot on eBay...

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 28, 2006, 02:42 PM
such negative comments :/

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 28, 2006, 02:57 PM
On 2006-11-28 11:34, Reiichi wrote:
Good god why???

It's like a contest of who can slash their wrists to bleed the most while remaining conscious.

Whoever doesn't have a job/school/life will be the leading candidate to win, but why encourage the community to spam skills again and again and again for minimal benefits. You'll only cause people to burn out and wish they never participated in this event. Might as well call it on last man standing.

Competition is good when it's fun. Does anyone think that this is fun? I mean really, spamming all your buffs to 30? All your debuffs to 30? All your nukes to 30? Even reverser to 30?

As you may have guessed, the ones that should be capable of joining this are the ones that are already nearly completed or have been completed in their force's status. I'm not making everyone do this. If you dont want to join, go on ahead, but no one is pushing you.

It would be fun for those who's already doing it ;3

You and most people here may not have seen it, but those that are nearly complete with their forces are doing nothing but spamming their final cap. You wouldnt really see a fo spamming massive barta into an ice resistant monster unless they are spacing out OR trying their hardest to cap. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif So why not try this instead with the inclusion of a competition?

lol. I wasnt expecting someone with like all techs at lvl 15 to be joining this.

A competition against the high players wont hurt.

I have like 500k to spare so this competition doesnt really bother me.~ ;p

But yea that's one very ghastly comment there. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-11-28 12:02 ]</font>

StillOffline
Nov 28, 2006, 03:02 PM
good idea http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

i think you underestimate how long it takes to lvl some techs, this could last a pretty long time.

uh and yeah you could spam level your techs, but he put a level and job level requirement too, so its not just the techs.

a competition is good though. the "fun" in competing is that it IS competing. the actual activity doesn't necessarily have to be fun on its own. in fact, a lot of times it isn't, this coming from a former 400m dash runner (i dare you to try and tell me that sprinting for a quarter mile is fun, i DARE you). if you arent getting a positive response from the cost though, you could lower it, however i get the feeling that the people who can't afford it wouldnt be hardcore enough to win.

Ryoki
Nov 28, 2006, 03:06 PM
Suggestion: Start the contest one day after the update. That way, people have time to buy the new techs, and buy good rods/staffs and so forth.

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 28, 2006, 03:07 PM
On 2006-11-28 12:02, StillOffline wrote:

i think you underestimate how long it takes to lvl some techs, this could last a pretty long time.

uh and yeah you could spam level your techs, but he put a level and job level requirement too, so its not just the techs.

a competition is good though. the "fun" in competing is that it IS competing. the actual activity doesn't necessarily have to be fun on its own. in fact, a lot of times it isn't, this coming from a former 400m dash runner (i dare you to try and tell me that sprinting for a quarter mile is fun, i DARE you). if you arent getting a positive response from the cost though, you could lower it, however i get the feeling that the people who can't afford it wouldnt be hardcore enough to win.

lol Yea. I was really expecting this competition to run well over a month or two. Seeing as though Expert classes are more harder and Gi techs takes crazy pp. I was hoping for some people with such enthusiasm to go about and take screen shots of their first gi cap and etc. and post it here first before anyone.

That could rile up some crazy competition.

On 2006-11-28 12:06, Ryoki wrote:
Suggestion: Start the contest one day after the update. That way, people have time to buy the new techs, and buy good rods/staffs and so forth.

That's a good idea but it cuts down on the fairness of time. See, I'm giving everyone time to try to catch up to most of the capped players. If I were to do it 1 day after the patch, that would mean that the ones who are most enthusastic about their techs will have a full days of head-start on their new technics. That's not good for the competition.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-11-28 12:10 ]</font>

Ryoki
Nov 28, 2006, 03:24 PM
On 2006-11-28 12:07, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:

On 2006-11-28 12:02, StillOffline wrote:

lol Yea. I was really expecting this competition to run well over a month or two. Seeing as though Expert classes are more harder and Gi techs takes crazy pp. I was hoping for some people with such enthusiasm to go about and take screen shots of their first gi cap and etc. and post it here first before anyone.

That could rile up some crazy competition.

On 2006-11-28 12:06, Ryoki wrote:

That's a good idea but it cuts down on the fairness of time. See, I'm giving everyone time to try to catch up to most of the capped players. If I were to do it 1 day after the patch, that would mean that the ones who are most enthusastic about their techs will have a full days of head-start on their new technics. That's not good for the competition.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-11-28 12:10 ]</font>

Makes sense.

Don't forget to buy GiBoota! It skips a step in the reviving party members process!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2006-11-28 12:25 ]</font>

James2006
Nov 28, 2006, 03:25 PM
The person holding the pot money can buy all the new good equipment to level with, and have paid back the pot by the end of the competition.

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 28, 2006, 03:32 PM
On 2006-11-28 12:25, James2006 wrote:
The person holding the pot money can buy all the new good equipment to level with, and have paid back the pot by the end of the competition.

lol. I'll be holding the pot money in my extra storage case away from my own meseta. I wont even bother touching it until we have a winner. Besides. I have so much money to already be able to purchase these new items that are comming out. I have no need to worry about that.

But this is just more speculations added, I suppose. I'm all wiped out from defending myself too much. ><

Natrokos
Nov 28, 2006, 04:25 PM
Sounds like either:
A: An Elitist grind to prove who is a superior human being by getting the techs maxed first. And btw...."Expert Gamer" and 'Hardcore' don't apply...I love games. Some of us have jobs and families and our mom won't let us live in the basement for free anymore.
B: A scam....Somewhere down the road you could easily just .....Disappear. Or give out say....The first 6 places and keep the others, saying so-and-so already won.

I'm not bashing you...In fact i think it's cool that you are getting involved with the PSU community with no (seemingly) profit to you....But I am a skeptic.
That's my own ignorant opinion.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Natrokos on 2006-11-28 13:29 ]</font>

Bleemo
Nov 28, 2006, 05:16 PM
Just to note to the OP:

You DO know how long it takes to raise buff levels, don't you?

Mayuga
Nov 28, 2006, 05:37 PM
Fun Stuff. GL All http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gifb

ChocoboChad
Nov 28, 2006, 05:55 PM
Err, I'll have all my techs capped.
In a year.

Sorry, but I'm out.

Remedy
Nov 28, 2006, 06:29 PM
On 2006-11-28 07:42, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
>:[ But that's very rude to attack him like that.Why? He does it all the time to me, no one stops him. The world would be better off if he got hit by a truck.

cobfab
Nov 28, 2006, 06:57 PM
Wow. Killing me. My main reason is to have a competition, not to scam people.

You never wondered to yourself, " Heh, I wonder who's the best Force or Hunter that's wandering around atm."? This is a chance to step up and publicize yourself.

Sorry but this does in no way prove if you are a good force, it just shows if you have to much time on your hands...

Agreed, rushing to cap something does not prove you're the best.

princejake2
Nov 28, 2006, 08:48 PM
I sense alot of hostility here. By the way, you scared him off, great job assholes. He just wanted to do something to reward quick players. I can see where some of you guys are coming from, but you don't have to act like that.

Bleemo
Nov 28, 2006, 08:49 PM
On 2006-11-28 17:48, princejake2 wrote:
I sense alot of hostility here. By the way, you scared him off, great job assholes. He just wanted to do something to reward quick players. I can see where some of you guys are coming from, but you don't have to act like that.

It just had "elitism" written all over it.

Not many take kindly to elitism, especially because the majority of PSOW players are casual.

Kanore
Nov 28, 2006, 08:52 PM
Also, I would never trust a guy I don't know with anything I have.
It's serious business out there in cyberspace.

princejake2
Nov 28, 2006, 08:52 PM
If anything, I'm the exact opposite of an elitist. I'm not the kind of dick who kicks for dying, demands everyone maximize damage, kicks "gimps" etc. I just have strong stands on certain issues, and the fact everyone treated him like that really irks me. Like I said before, I understand people not wanting to rush their stuff, but you didn't have to be so hostile.

EDIT: I also understand the whole "not trusting thing" because I wouldn't trust a random person with my Meseta either.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: princejake2 on 2006-11-28 17:53 ]</font>

Ryoki
Nov 28, 2006, 08:55 PM
On 2006-11-28 17:52, Kanore wrote:
Also, I would never trust a guy I don't know with anything I have.
It's serious business out there in cyberspace.

It is just meseta. F'cking virtual money!
WTF did you guys do anyways, what happened to the contest? He posts something fun, and everyone is like "Oh, what a gay idea."

C'mon, don't drop the idea. I would join you, but I don't have 10 FO levels.

Ryoki
Nov 28, 2006, 08:56 PM
DJ, perhaps if you lowered the cost, more people would join.

princejake2
Nov 28, 2006, 08:56 PM
I would join as well, but I'm a CAST -_-

princejake2
Nov 28, 2006, 09:01 PM
I really don't think Sky is gonna want to try again considering how everyone reacted.

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 28, 2006, 09:16 PM
Idea isnt dropped. Just not for PSOW players. Please lock this thread~ Thank you'' http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif