PDA

View Full Version : Best weapons for each class at the moment!

Carlos21
Nov 28, 2006, 09:16 AM
just wondering what your opinions are of the best weapons so far (online)

for any race, im a noob an need some insight as what to look out for http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

IceBeam
Nov 28, 2006, 09:21 AM
RANGERS ill have to say Vullseye (6)

Carlos21
Nov 28, 2006, 09:23 AM
i am currently playing a hunter and have a few B rank weopons, but they still suck, lol
need to save up for some better ones http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kent
Nov 28, 2006, 09:29 AM
Hmm... Well, for Forces, Rods are obviously the best casting weapons, and then Longbows for when you need physical damage (at which, Longbows are not bad at all).

For Hunters, probably the best overall weapons would probably to be Spear, Dagger, and Twin Daggers. So far, at least.

As far as ranged weapons go... I don't know about that. Rifles and Twin Handguns are pretty nice, but I don't have a lot of experience as a Ranger - though it seems to me, a lot of the ranged weapons are mostly situational.

Genobee
Nov 28, 2006, 09:41 AM
I'm a hunter and I use all the current types. It realy doesn't matter, some weapons are btter againest diffrent monsters.

Merumeru
Nov 28, 2006, 10:14 AM
I think right now its lame spears (XD sorry i always thought of spears in any sense as lame) for hunters, that hajirod thing for forces, and I do think that the Tenora Shotgun can pack a good punch if you grind the bejeezus out of it

AngelLight
Nov 28, 2006, 10:29 AM
Obviously, the best potential weapons would be 6 star ones properly grinded.....however, given the fact that they're not widespread right now, plus the fact that they all require synching them (at low %s generally) and would still require Grinding to overcome the more common 5 star weps already grounded up (even though they too are not super widespread)....the risk may not be worth it till some at least till some more updates (which would make it easier to aquire at that time).

It's prolly difficult to definitively say what's the best B rank weapon is since the high end stuff will become easier to get later on and any guess now would be based on access currently.

However, it's much easier to rate the C ranks since even the rare C rank weapons are available if you know where to look. Here are some of my opinions on best C ranks

Saber: Fluresent Bulb (sp) by Kubara.....has the most potential growth of all C ranks, Regens a little faster then average sabers. Major downside is effort and cost to get it (Requiring runs in two (or more) different locations for rare drops....or a significant purchases from those who have this for sale).

Dagger: Stina-Zashi by Youmei......Stinger might do more damage, but Stina procs Sleep, which is very very useful for CC and soloing. Note that it's not a big proc rate on this (my guess is it's like between 10% and 20% proc). Note, this is special to only the Stina-Zashi (in otherwords this is a unique weapon)

Spear: It's a toss up between the two spears.....so base it on need. Lance will do more damage but the Lacanata is a unique spear that procs Silence (my guess on the proc rates are about 30% to 35% of the time) and Dus Duggas does use a fair amount of PP to do and thus Lacanata has that bonus as well. If you need a Silence source close range or you're going to spam PAs, go Lacanata...if you're going to use the spear as your main weapon and thus want the most bang for your buck on straight out attacking, go Lance.

The other weapons will be based on either wanting stronger normal attacks or wanting more PAs to fire off. In some cases it does make sense to take a Tenora weapon over others for that added KO punch you might need.

Obviously, as a hunter, there are more options available to them at B rank and you can usually do ok with a decent 4 star B rank and not get stuck with a huge bill (typically 4 star B ranks will run about 3k-7k in player shops based on how popular the weapon is in the community).

As a force, its obvious you'll want a Hajirod but they can run about 15k-35k depending on if it's grounded up or not. You can get away with a Rayherod just fine if that's too expensive unless you're going to use your rod for damage as well...in which case you'd be better off just shelling out the cost for a good rod. If, you're like me however and prefer speed on attacking vs a slightly higher ATP, you'll use wands. Personally, I have one of all 3 of the 5 star wands and they all serve a different purpose. In general, however, Tenora wands are designed for that strong KO punch on your main spells, and youmei is for more of a sustained cast (and youmei is prolly the best bet if you're going to put healing on your wand). GRM is decent middle ground if you're not wanting to go extreme in either direction. Keep in mind that a Tenora wand really needs to be grinded up as soon as possible as they start out not as impressive as you'd think out the door. If you're not going to go for maxxed out 5 or 6 star wands and you're going to use lesser ones, typically you'll stick with Youmei wands over other ones unless you're in need of more power. In terms of bows, you can get away with a Compardi just fine even as a CAST. If you however have the available funds, moving up to an Hikari or the rare Alteric Bows is a very wise move (and very expensive since both are 6 stars, but they are the most common 6 star weapons out right now). Note that Alteric involves some risk as you MUST grind it if you're going to get the max benefit out of it and they are not easy to make. If you do not want to risk it breaking, you can play it safe with a Hikari and still get a good source of damage but the big downside to the Hikari is that it's going to have a VERY HIGH ATA requirement (about 103) for a force and typically, only CASTS will be able to use it easy ealry on (as a Newman, it took till lvl 38 before I just made the reqs to use one...this will be higher for Humans and Beasts...in fact I'm not even sure a Beast will ever hit that mark or if it did at best it would be close to the current level cap). As for handguns, it doesn't matter so whatever your preference is will do (Autoguns vs. Ortotores)

As far as ranger guns go, Get an Amza right away for your shotgun, assuming you're serious about using that sort of weapon....Rangers are IMO very gear dependent, and shottys really need to added strength to get them rolling on higher ranked missions. On the rifle front, it's a matter of preference. I use a Vullseye cause Newman ATP isn't as high as the generic CAST ATP build....but use the Youmei one if you're a CAST for Sustainability. Personally, Vulls do last for quite a while on rifles so the difference isn't that great. Mechguns really are going to not favor Tenora models since PP consumption is huge on a mechgun and the regen rates are bizarre for some reason. Stick to Gatlings for your mechgun usage. Pistols and Dual Pistols are a matter of preference IMO.

Note that for forces I see Cards totally replacing handguns and Crossbows totally replacing handguns and possibily mechguns (though there is still somewhat of a use for them) when they come out next update (I think it's the next update). So keep that in mind when leveling bullet arts for the future.

Hope that helps.

grimstone
Nov 28, 2006, 10:31 AM
real handgun > *

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 28, 2006, 10:53 AM
well, right now i'm loving my alseva drada on my human male hunter and the twin lockguns +3 on my female newman(who isn't a ranger right now)

MayLee
Nov 28, 2006, 10:56 AM
Haijrod for force but the best weapon I have is a Starra Wand..Grinded 5 times and was given as a gift from a complete nice stranger. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MayLee on 2006-11-28 07:57 ]</font>

Mikaga
Nov 28, 2006, 12:18 PM
Hunter: Definitely the most interesting case because a Hunter's role *is* to smack things about with weapons. I would have to say that the intent of the weapon is important here:

Against small enemies and/or enemies that die quickly, I would have to go with Twin Daggers as RBZ deals hilarious amounts of AoE damage. I would *not* recommend spamming Rising Strike/Crush as it pretty much RESCUES the enemy/ies from the incoming PAs and Ra- spells, in turn wasting the party PP and time.

Against large enemies (particularly Megid spammers) I *would* recommend weapons with knock-about abilities, as it knocks 'em over and stops them firing death balls. So Saber, Twin Saber and Dagger (Buten Shuren-zan level 11+).

Ranger: I probably couldn't answer this effectively, having never been able to play a Ranger that serves the party any use. I find that level 2 status effects (not the bullet level, the status level) on Shotguns, Twin Handguns and Machineguns just do NOT status enough - 1~3 times a mission is simply not worth the party slot IMO. Rifles fare little better but are advisable because you won't end up getting hit and wasting some of the Force's time as well!

In the end to struggle my Ranger to 5 I stuck with set of notably-ground Lacanata and spammed Dus Daggas. At least that way I was doing some damage.

Force: Not like they get much choice, haha. Rods and Wands.

Sexy_Raine
Nov 28, 2006, 12:45 PM
For forces, rods are the obvious choice. I've never failed a 5 star wep synth with a PM that's only been lv 25 and less. I've successfully made 3 hajirods, 5 canes, and 1 calibur. This has to be an Online record.

Faendryl
Nov 28, 2006, 12:58 PM
As a force and future techer, I vastly prefer wands over rods... infact I only keep one rod around for the bigger pp tank to heal/status effect/backup attk/buff etc.

Wands atk difference is a small difference, but the speed makes up for it to do more damage over time AND will land you more successful connections in the long run because of a rod missing a shot on fast mobs... Course you will have to fill up faster, but it is rare that I need to completely drain every weapon before hitting a cube.

I guess it's based on playstyle though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Oxidation
Nov 28, 2006, 01:01 PM
I have 3 haji rods all made, each one is ground. ONe is at 3 then 2 then 1 cuz i dont wanna risk losing one atm before we get better weapons. But i did grind my baybari bow up to 4 and i was already sweating bullets.

Xiber
Nov 28, 2006, 01:03 PM
Just need to clear up a few things weapon-wise:
1. How much PP does the hajirod have compared to the slyrod? (never played a PSU force yet)

2. Wouldn't tornado break do just the same amount of damage as buten shuren-zan, if so would it be worth the loss of speed (can it hit more)?

3. Would a Ranger benefit more from a rifle or twin handguns going up against the last room of Lab Recovery? (either one works for me, I just want other people's opinion about it)

Sexy_Raine
Nov 28, 2006, 01:05 PM
A slyrod has 1044 pp. A hajirod has 1080 pp.

Cry0
Nov 28, 2006, 01:08 PM
do weapons have a lot more pp online then offline? that's what i notice anyway. any reason why?

-Crokar-
Nov 28, 2006, 01:20 PM
i grinded my starting hangun to 10 then sold it for 5 meseta in my shop

spears are strong have great PA and well the hit alot of enemies at once and attack fast.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Crokar- on 2006-11-28 10:21 ]</font>

AngelLight
Nov 28, 2006, 01:24 PM
On 2006-11-28 10:20, -Crokar- wrote:

spears are strong have great PA and well the hit alot of enemies at once and attack fast.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Crokar- on 2006-11-28 10:21 ]</font>

....and doesn't screw up attacks for other classes that might be attacking the same target. Spear is just a winner of a weapon. ^_^

-Crokar-
Nov 28, 2006, 01:28 PM
On 2006-11-28 10:24, AngelLight wrote:

On 2006-11-28 10:20, -Crokar- wrote:

....and doesn't screw up attacks for other classes that might be attacking the same target. Spear is just a winner of a weapon. ^_^

yeah that is true. most hunter arts send stuff flying everywhere

KirinDave
Nov 28, 2006, 01:35 PM
Everyone is saying that Rods are the best weapons for forces. Why? They do less damage. No seriously, their slower rate of fire means that their per-hit increase rapidly diminishes. Rods are about efficiency, not about damage.

The most devastating weapons for Forces (in online, right now) are well ground canes, usually used like Sabers with Diga/Radiga bound. The fast rate of fire and the elemental bonuses you can get easily let you outdamage a rod against a target that doesn't drop in 2 hits. The added bonus of a handgun for tagging only sweetens the deal. I got a 4-star Tenora wand to 8 grinds and it's silly how much damage I do with it.

I only really started wanting a Hajirod once my Ra-spells started passing level 11. The range widening means that they're actually feasible for mass tagging. My experiences in Story also suggest that the Gi-spells work much better with a Rod, so maybe when we get these Rods will be demonstrably better (especially since we can get a much better elemental bonus on the rods once there are 3 spells of one element bound to it).

Kuya
Nov 28, 2006, 01:39 PM
I've got a C rank 3* GRM Blaster (Rifle 2k in shop) that's at +10. Sure acc is at 72, if I remember, but it's Att is at 480 lol. With newman Acc and ATA booster or shooting from behind http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I don't miss too often http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

AngelLight
Nov 28, 2006, 01:41 PM
Actually, I can see Rods being really awesome with the Nosu type spells....or regrants. Basically anything that requires channeling will prolly favor rods over wands due to smaller number of cast times and a larger PP reserve. But, when it comes down to multiple casts that is like all the other spells, hands down wands are better. Besides, there's something to be said for having good dodging skills and rods can handicap that important aspect. For now, my rod is just for healing. When regrants comes out, that will change but till then dont see a reason to change now.

Gazette
Nov 28, 2006, 01:47 PM
People say Rods have an absolute advantage over wands without showing any real numbers.

The fact is your damage output is gimped when it comes to a Rod+Me/Quick versus a Wand+Gi/Magic.
Now I'm going on the assumption that both weapons have been fully ground, of equal Rank/Stars, and that you're using the strongest wand possible.

What we can accurately judge now is a 5-Star Rod+10 (510TAP)
And a Tenora Works 5-Star Wand+10 (505TAP)

Assuming you're using Me/Quick, you just dropped your Rod's Base TAP by 30, bringing it to (480) only to gain the speed of a Wand.
Meanwhile the wand user equips a Gi/Magic to bump the base Wand TAP to 545 while still holding the same cast speed as a quickened Rod.

Still, people will bitch and complain that Rods could never be outdone by a wand (Remedy), but the fact is they're spouting bull without having any type of numbers to back up their assumption.

Now on the subject of longevity, a Rod is clearly going to outdo a Wand, hands down.
But as it stands, a Wand will still outdo a Rod within the time its PP reserve allows.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2006-11-28 15:02 ]</font>

Natrokos
Nov 28, 2006, 04:12 PM
I prefer rods but I would not say they are infinately superior to wands....It's about personal preference....

industrial
Nov 28, 2006, 05:01 PM
Ditto on spears for hunter for reason others have said. Hits lots of things, doesn't make them go all over the place. Nice PA.

Rifles for ranger... I stay far back and shoot from first person. Parties often comment that my status effects seem to land better and last longer than other rangers they've seen. Rifles are key because they have the highest status effect level of all ranged weapons(bows tie).

Everything for force... I use rods, wands and bows. Just depends on the situation. Best weapon for a force is diga, razonde and resta. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ryoten
Nov 28, 2006, 05:28 PM
For a Hunter, I use gun/saber or dagger combo, twin sabers, & your choice of sword.

Remedy
Nov 28, 2006, 06:16 PM
Force: Tomoirods (grinded as high as you can take)
Rangers: 6* Yohmei Rifles, 6* Yohmei Twin Handguns, and 6* Shotguns

Vortex3113
Nov 28, 2006, 07:19 PM
Just wondering, what's the best Twin daggers out right now, I got Assino-Zashi, and i wann know if there's anything else i should get before the update