PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Discovery

Zarbolord
Nov 28, 2006, 10:10 AM
Ok, this might have been already talked about, but I've noticed something. The enemies that leave red boxes are more difficult to kill, so they have better stats,I'm sure of this as I have tested it. E.g, I've tried it on Vahras, I use the Muktrand and kill them in one hit with the PA. Every time one dropped a Vahra Nail, it was an enduring enemy. I've done it numerous times to verify and it apparently looks valid. This is for story offline mode, so it might not have the same affect online.

Dhylec
Nov 28, 2006, 10:30 AM
Not totally unreasonable, but I think luck would have something to do with the rare as well. ;]

Zarbolord
Nov 28, 2006, 10:31 AM
Yes, but this is story mode so there is no luck o.o

princejake2
Nov 28, 2006, 10:52 AM
They are probably the Lord/King varients.

Sychosis
Nov 28, 2006, 10:55 AM
Seems plausible that regular enemies have a set drop rate. Enhanced versions of the enemies will likely have a higher drop rate, and higher still would be your leader types.

Something like:

Regular 1/500
Enhanced 1/450
Leader 1/420

Zarbolord
Nov 28, 2006, 11:01 AM
No, they were the normal versions, it was... burning plains, so there aren't any 'leader' enemies yet. and I confirm with Rogues too, the White Glove is off the ones that I need to hit three times instead of two.

princejake2
Nov 28, 2006, 08:55 PM
Hmm, interesting then. Sounds like it needs further study, though.

Ryoki
Nov 28, 2006, 10:29 PM
On 2006-11-28 07:10, Zarbolord wrote:
Ok, this might have been already talked about, but I've noticed something. The enemies that leave red boxes are more difficult to kill, so they have better stats,I'm sure of this as I have tested it. E.g, I've tried it on Vahras, I use the Muktrand and kill them in one hit with the PA. Every time one dropped a Vahra Nail, it was an enduring enemy. I've done it numerous times to verify and it apparently looks valid. This is for story offline mode, so it might not have the same affect online.

Hot damn. I have always had my theories about this. Like in animal crossing, if you had a fish who wouldn't take the damn bait, it was usually good. Also, it took about 5 times the normal length of piping to get the pouilly slime that dropped my Lavis. It always seems like the most stubborn enemies are the best, but in reality, it is just luck...maybe...

________
CD250U (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_CD250U)

Wallin
Nov 29, 2006, 12:48 AM
Any idea if these 'enduring' enemies are usually leaders (they have the crown icon below their name, like a buff)?

Also another thing that sort of goes with this is that monsters with buffs give more experience when you kill them, depending on how many buffs they have.

Tycho
Nov 29, 2006, 01:35 AM
N.B.: Enemies with these 'buffs' still have the same stats as their regular counterparts.

Eternal_Drake
Nov 29, 2006, 01:40 AM
That would be plausible if biomaterials didnt drop like candy on story mode [I got like, 5 white gloves off of the train mission]

Hotobu
Nov 29, 2006, 02:19 AM
On 2006-11-28 22:40, Eternal_Drake wrote:
That would be plausible if biomaterials didnt drop like candy on story mode [I got like, 5 white gloves off of the train mission]

The physics of online mode do not apply to the bizzaro world that is offline mode BIZZARO WORLD I says.

As for your claim, unless you're the most OCD human calculator on earth I don't know if you'll actually be able to backup this claim here TRY THIS!
Scroll down this post REALLY fast and sum this up.

Can't do it?! Then I don't know if you'll be able to get confirmation on that... let along keep track of drop rates. Good thinking though.

You'll get there someday chief

[Rain-in-the-face killed Custer]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hotobu on 2006-11-28 23:20 ]</font>

Eternal_Drake
Nov 29, 2006, 02:21 AM
On 2006-11-28 23:19, Hotobu wrote:

On 2006-11-28 22:40, Eternal_Drake wrote:

The physics of online mode do not apply to the bizzaro world that is offline mode BIZZARO WORLD I says.

As for your claim, unless you're the most OCD human calculator on earth I don't know if you'll actually be able to backup this claim here TRY THIS!
Scroll down this post REALLY fast and sum this up.

Can't do it?! Then I don't know if you'll be able to get confirmation on that... let along keep track of drop rates. Good thinking though.

You'll get there someday chief

[Rain-in-the-face killed Custer]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hotobu on 2006-11-28 23:20 ]</font>

Yeah, next time try making a post that makes sense.
Also drop rates for offline are a really bad comparison for drops online, considering how different they are.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eternal_Drake on 2006-11-28 23:24 ]</font>

Zarbolord
Nov 29, 2006, 03:26 AM
I did say that it would be different from online, I said the words STORY MODE so that you vknew what I was talking about. And I've already mentioned that the enemies didn't have any stat affects, crowns nor boosts. SO please read my posts instead of looking at the first sentence and answering.