PDA

View Full Version : Do you use a variety of weapons/technics?

BurningRage
Nov 28, 2006, 11:15 AM
Do you use a variety of weapons or technics or do you just use one kind that you enjoy and stick to it?

MayLee
Nov 28, 2006, 11:17 AM
I try to use all my weapons..Well I have to since I am a Force, I only have one rod that holds Resta, Diga, Foie and Barta then two other wands with reverser and Zonde and the other Resta and foie. I haven't done much with my handgun..it's a peice of crap and I'm getting my Compadri and getting knuckles.. -_-

Zarbolord
Nov 28, 2006, 11:19 AM
Each weapon i have has a different element, I make sure to have them all, even non elemental, at all times. I also have all weapon types I can use at disposition to be prepared for anything, you never know when a 'team mate' leaves you in a sticky situation >>

EspioKaos
Nov 28, 2006, 11:24 AM
Right now, I have every single TECHNIC that's available on my action pallet. As far as weapons go, I mainly stick to combos of various wands and handguns, though I also have a longbow equipped, perfect for getting some solid hits in on De Ragan when it's in the air as well as sniping Jarbas just out of their megid-casting range. I've got a rod, but I'm holding off on using it until two more TECHNICS of the same element are released. I don't want to use rods until I can stack four TECHNICS of the same element on them, just so I can get the maximum elemental bonus increase.

Remedy
Nov 28, 2006, 11:48 AM
Yeah, I use almost every one of my technics (other than Zonde) almost equally. I only have two spells at 20 (Diga/Reverser), but ALL of my spells are 15+
(again, barring Zonde).

EspioKaos
Nov 28, 2006, 11:58 AM
On 2006-11-28 08:48, Remedy wrote:
Yeah, I use almost every one of my technics (other than Zonde) almost equally. I only have two spells at 20 (Diga/Reverser), but ALL of my spells are 15+
(again, barring Zonde).
I'm more or less the same way. Zonde and razonde are the last two TECHNICs that I got into the double digits, and I had to force myself to do that by doing multiple solo runs where I would attack with nothing but those TECHNICs. My diga, resta and reverser are all at lv.17 with the rest of my TECHNICs around lv.15 or so.

etlitch
Nov 28, 2006, 01:07 PM
About weps, well obviously there's one that sort of "sticks out" or is "overpowered" compared to the other ones. Why not stick to it?

Polly
Nov 28, 2006, 01:17 PM
As a hunter, I use almost every melee weapon type currently unlocked and have them all elemented with decent to very nice %s. Only one I can't really get into is swords, but I guess it's only a matter of time. I like having a nice variety around to keep things interesting, I guess. They're all fun and useful, so just I just make use.

Only real downside is that I've carried up to 20 weapons at a time (18 melee, 2 +5 Autoguns), and my inventory can be a bit cramped at times, but it's all good.

Sexy_Raine
Nov 28, 2006, 01:18 PM
I've never used Zonde and Razonde. I've used all the other techs besides those 2. My Foie and Diga are at 20. Radiga is lv 17, barta is lv 16, Rafoie is lv 13, reverser is lv 4, Rabarta is lv 4, and my resta is lv 14.
I'm not going to even waste a slot for my autogun using a gun PA. I'm going to leave it a plain autogun, and wait for updates.

AngelLight
Nov 28, 2006, 01:36 PM
Wow I thought I was doing good, but I guess there's alot of ppl job powering to 10 forces X_X

I've maxxed out all 4 of my bow skills (not sure if I'll keep them all or not), Diga, Foie, Ice Shotty, and Fire dualies. All of the ranger bullets out so far that I intend to keep are roughly 14 or 15 on average. Most of my force skills are roughly 11 or 12 with the exception of the two zondes (which I'm currently leveling now).

Edit: oh yeah and maxxed dagger PA, saber PA, and spear PA (but only as a ranger).

Guess I'd better play catchup X_X T_T

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AngelLight on 2006-11-28 11:02 ]</font>

Genobee
Nov 28, 2006, 01:40 PM
I use every weapon type each with an element, what ever works for what monster.

Gazette
Nov 28, 2006, 01:59 PM
Diga, Radiga, Foie, Rafoie, Rabarta, Razonde.
That's my current list of spells.

Seeing as I won't use anything but Daggers Dual Daggers as a Wartecher, I have already capped my PAs for both.
Currently in the process of synthing/grinding some killer Daggers.

Alpha-Hunter
Nov 28, 2006, 03:29 PM
I only really use swords with my hunter. I have every element and have all rank B's. I use a dual saber 3 star for mini boss's and a pistol/saber combo for fliers. swords have been my style since PSO.

ZiG
Nov 28, 2006, 03:31 PM
I only use bullets and Arts that I will be using in my Expert Types of choice later on. Pointless to spend all that time say, leveling Shotgun Ice bullets to 20 when I'm going Guntecher and won't be using a shotgun.

So as it stands, I leveled each Twin Handgun bullet, and a couple Machinegun bullets.

As for Hunter stuff, I'm not exactly sure what Hunter-esque Expert Type I'll level, so I went with what I think is cool... Knuckles, Single Dagger, Twin Daggers and Spear.

Gamemako
Nov 28, 2006, 06:48 PM
I have keyboard macros for the purpose of switching my palette around so I can use more weapons!

... BUT NONE OF THE WEAPONS ON MY PALETTE IS A SPEAR.

Thank you. <3

Randomness
Nov 28, 2006, 07:04 PM
Every tech except the Zonde series, and two capped bullets for the bow.

Pentence
Nov 28, 2006, 07:05 PM
Well i like all the weapons but i am planing on the future so i havent bothered as much with swords or rods.Iwork in two forms one for hunter one for force also ill explain my wartecher pallete.

HUNTER
I use twin blades with nice grinds and different elements for a variety of enemys.I have 4-5 twin blades always on me.Also i have two twin daggers i carry around.I carry a spear and also 2-3 sabers and 2 handguns.

The pallete is setup with the spear at the top and then a twin blade followed by handgun and saber(usualy the twin and handgun/saber combos are oposing elements).Next are the two dagger followed by another twin saber.

FORCE
A spear once more at the top,followed by my handgun and cane.the cane always has the tech i need for the strongest monsters i am goign to face.While the handgun usualy has the best staus inducing tech for sai mission.Next my rod o heal.Being a beast i maximiza that lil sync % and capitlize on it.This lets me heal from a distance and cure status effects.Next two bows with oposing elements.With twin dagers takeing the rear.

Useing this i i generaly have 2 canes and 2 rods i hardly ever run out of pp not matter what thanks to switching off so often.

WARTECHER
For this i already have a nice method planned out.Spear for many badies followed by twin sabers and then a nice cane handgun combo.Finaly some daggers for bashing quick.

It would work like this.Get ride of resta in exchange for buffs (assumeing i dont have room in my PA/tech slots for it alongside my others).Next get twins of different elements.Take the most powerfull enemy type and then counter its elemnt with one on my cane alongside a buff or debuff of same element(IE:foie with a nice atack buff giveing both a nice synch increase).Next the order of things.
First up the spear,then the twin claws ill likely use most followed by the buff cane and hangun.Then daggers (two most likely).Bringing up the caboose will be either two bows or one,with a posible cane handgun combo again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pentence on 2006-11-28 16:09 ]</font>

Kaloa
Nov 28, 2006, 07:22 PM
Foie: 20
Rabarta: 19
Diga: 17
Radiga: 16
Resta: 15
Reverser: 13
Barta: 13
Rafoie: 7
Razonde: 6
Zonde: 3

I very rarely ever use Zonde, Razonde, and Rafoie. There aren't many enemies weak to lightning right now, and Rafoie doesn't have very good range. I'm *trying* to level it up, but it's hard. I keep going back to using Foie instead.