PDA

View Full Version : Beast ranger

Miller
Nov 28, 2006, 01:23 PM
Would the extra ATP + a ATA booster unit/Zodialide make a viable ranger? Just a query.

Doh42
Nov 28, 2006, 01:25 PM
No need of Zodialide. Beast Ranger are good, ever from afar, but I prefer to dash in the melee, and shoot my shotgun at point blank. 450 damage per click is damn good, and no cast can do as much damage as we cats can http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I was using Meta/Knight (ATP and ATA boost) on ranger and hunter. Don't gimp your ATP, just shoot at monsters' back. 100% accuracy, and it's not that hard http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

AngelLight
Nov 28, 2006, 01:26 PM
All classes are viable, some are just more challanging then others. You prolly wont have to go thru consumables like crazy, but yeah that should be fine. Just be aware your biggest problem will be weapon reqs. as a beast (not the actual act of being a ranger).

Itsuki
Nov 28, 2006, 02:06 PM
To put it simply, for fortegunners, a Solid/PowerS (+145 atp -100ata) will make a newman still have more ata than a beast and have roughly equivalent atp to a Beast using a Stela/HitS (-30atp, +30ata) at level 60.

Now, your only chance would really lie with a Hard/HitChange (+95 ata, 150% pp usage). But that would make already PP heavy rangers even more PP heavy.

Simply put, you'll need some bling to make it viable.

EDIT: And Weapon Reqs will be no issue at all. A level 50 Ranger 10 Beast female (least ATA of all ranger types, excluding underleveled ones) has enough ata to equip literally all guns released so far on the japanese version. It would have roughly 210 ata, 9 star guns require roughly 160-170. Even the rare degahna laser only requires 191.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2006-11-28 11:13 ]</font>

AngelLight
Nov 28, 2006, 02:38 PM
That would be at end stage...as that ranger was progressing in both character and job levels, no doubt there would be somewhat of a limiting factor due to the lowest ATA growth. Still, good to know that Beasts wont be excluded from all the ranger weps so far.

Doh42
Nov 28, 2006, 02:45 PM
But even if during the leveling process, they can't use the best shotgun as early as other races, for instance, they will still hit harder than their counterpart with a lower level weapon. And then again, it's much cheaper to grind a C weapon to 6-7 than a B weapon. My Burzaihoh (2) is almost equivalent to my Snihoh (4), which makes me wonder why I invested around 12k in a weapon that is so close to a 2k weapon is power.

In any case, if you can't have fun, don't play it, if you can find something you like without having the best ATA out there, go ahead and do it. I love newman hunters, it's a shame you don't see them more often.

panzer_unit
Nov 28, 2006, 02:49 PM
A beast ranger is going to be far better for ATA than a beast hunter. How much of a problem are they going to have? I find it wierd that people are all bent out of shape about the lowest ATA race on the highest ATA class, but don't care about the same as a low-ATA class.

I guess part of the problem is that bullet arts have a heavy % ATA penalty, and rangers need their super-high ATA mostly to compensate for that. I know whenever I have trouble hitting I just un-link the skill from a mechgun (big ATA jump still, and the least damage lost) or handgun... or beat away with regular melee attacks... and it's all good.

Zarbolord
Nov 28, 2006, 02:53 PM
Go for it, I propose a Figunner as soon as the next Maintanence finishes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Natrokos
Nov 28, 2006, 03:50 PM
This isn't FFXI. There is no combination that is horrible....Even the Cast Force (which I personally think is the worst.) Isn't all bad....Aslong as you can rely on yourself you'll be ok. I hate having to babysit players....I'd rather play with a lvl 20 cast force that hits for 5 dmg but doesn't get the crap beaten out of him then with a 50 beast hunter who thinks its fun to stand in the fire and swing his sword.

As for the 'bling' comment if you use the Hard / HitChange you can just buy some extra photon charges (which at level 50 is seriously pocket change.)