PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone here not touched Story Mode?

Chris28
Nov 28, 2006, 02:48 PM
*raises hand*

ChrisKo
Nov 28, 2006, 02:51 PM
I didnt for a while, but after my character was pretty much maxed until update, I finished it. If you just play it through to get the story and beat it 13 hrs give or take some. That is if you know what your doing. Last boss was a joke with a Light Hanzo.

Polly
Nov 28, 2006, 02:55 PM
I played up to Chapter 8 on the JP version. Currently on Chapter 6 on the Domestic Version. Was tempted to just finish using my Japanese file since the PC save files are interchangable between versions, but figured I'd go back and get the most out of the story...

...Don't care much for the story, but since most of the offline portion of the game is killing stuff and you level at a nicely accellerated rate it's not such a chore to go through. It's fun in its own little way.

Figure I may as well finish it sometime before the next update since my main hit 50. x)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Triela on 2006-11-28 11:56 ]</font>

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 28, 2006, 02:56 PM
im on chapter 2, does that count as not playing offline yet?

Maxurion
Nov 28, 2006, 02:58 PM
The first thing I did when I got the game was spend two days playing through Story mode. I've finished the whole thing.

Maskim
Nov 28, 2006, 03:03 PM
Havn't even looked at it. Every time my nephews come over and beg me to make a character and play, I dump them on story mode. I think they're on chapter 4 now.

DanMalak
Nov 28, 2006, 03:04 PM
When I didnt have online I was at Ch. 8, now that I have online I'm on Ch. 8... XD

Zarbolord
Nov 28, 2006, 03:07 PM
Did 30 hours cos I stil waiting for online, but yeah http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I got cool S rank weapons http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

ZiG
Nov 28, 2006, 03:13 PM
I finished it, but I only played during Thursday maintenances. 21 hours logged offline.

Bast
Nov 28, 2006, 03:17 PM
Finished the first chapter when we had the first maintenance weeks ago. I mostly solo (due to time constraints), so I take my time online.

AeraLure
Nov 28, 2006, 03:18 PM
I havent. I have no plans to.

Cry0
Nov 28, 2006, 03:19 PM
first thing i did was finish it. at least you dont come over like a noob at later times when some one asks you a question about it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ChrisKo
Nov 28, 2006, 03:20 PM
Xbox360 PSU = easy 1000 points. Ps2 and PC well I dont think I would touch it either.

ZiG
Nov 28, 2006, 03:22 PM
It's not that horrible, I've played much worse. Infact, it's pretty decent considering I didn't buy it for the offline mode. I consider offline kind of... a bonus track, or mini-game to give me something to do when online mode is down.

Pandatron
Nov 28, 2006, 03:28 PM
I played it on a few months ago on JP cause i wanted to get the story line out the way, glad i did the dubbing on the english is horrible (minus the fact i had minimal idea what they were talking about ^_^;;; ) Still a decent play through.

VanHalen
Nov 28, 2006, 04:11 PM
im on ch.11 im not going online until i beat it i love everything about it except Ethan's voice

MontyNice
Nov 28, 2006, 04:18 PM
Didnt see the point... and still dont...

Dooz
Nov 28, 2006, 04:26 PM
if i'm going to level its going to be online, why would you waste time building up ethans level, that way its just gonna take longer to level up my online character

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 28, 2006, 04:36 PM
On 2006-11-28 13:26, Dooz wrote:
if i'm going to level its going to be online, why would you waste time building up ethans level, that way its just gonna take longer to level up my online character

See all the nifty high-level shit before it becomes available online.
Gain a better understanding of the areas the online missions occur in.
Figure out what tactics to use against bosses ahead of time, so you don't run in like a n00b when a new boss shows up online, and piss everyone off.
Enjoy the story.
Keep yourself from being absolutely lost when Story Missions become available online.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUnewearl_Meira on 2006-11-28 13:37 ]</font>

kurisu1974
Nov 28, 2006, 04:51 PM
On 2006-11-28 12:19, Cry0 wrote:
first thing i did was finish it. at least you dont come over like a noob at later times when some one asks you a question about it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Same here. lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

AeraLure
Nov 28, 2006, 05:06 PM
On 2006-11-28 13:36, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

See all the nifty high-level shit before it becomes available online.
Gain a better understanding of the areas the online missions occur in.
Figure out what tactics to use against bosses ahead of time, so you don't run in like a n00b when a new boss shows up online, and piss everyone off.
Enjoy the story.
Keep yourself from being absolutely lost when Story Missions become available online.

All good reasons. They are the main ones probably used when SEGA planned it this way actually.

I'm content seeing new items as they become available online, when they do (or I hear little things about them). Surprises are good for me and I would also rather do without until my character can actually have them. Rather not preview them not on my character. I recon any area I havent been in on my own before trying it with other players, so I am well-versed as to what to expect. These two things being the case, I dont really have a need to play offline, or terribly too much desire to do it.

I do think they should have placed some story context online for each area we have available as it comes in. Wouldnt have had to have been cut scenes and all that. Just something for a little bit of color and context when playing online. Even if one had played offline, a few more things like the tutorial just to give online some semblance of events and story would be great.

This is the main thing I see missing by not playing offline mode. I do agree with you on the other points. Many would benefit by doing those things - and enjoy them too. I just.. well, its not why I got PSU.. to play a duplicate offline of the same thing online. Not motivated to do that, especially as I tire a bit already of the levels available. Rather be surprised by them as they come in the future.

Galvin
Nov 28, 2006, 05:10 PM
nope, online and online only.

Diablohead
Nov 28, 2006, 05:16 PM
I loaded it up at first because I was sorting out setting for the pc psu, after about 5 days I decided to sit and beat it all, took me around 20 hours with grinding on the side. Was alright but at least I know the psu story now and its out of the way http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

AeraLure
Nov 28, 2006, 05:17 PM
Good to know the story. Would have to agree on that.

Do you find knowing it adds to your online play of things currently available online?

Bleemo
Nov 28, 2006, 05:18 PM
I have no interest in a half-assed, poor attempt at a console RPG.

Villa_PS2
Nov 28, 2006, 05:18 PM
i used the Cheat code Breaker and beated it last week... pretty cool you could get lvl100 just on the first stage and 50,000 Meseta every time you pick up some meseta...

Sinue_v2
Nov 28, 2006, 05:45 PM
I finished the offline mode before I set foot online, and I'm glad I did. It wasn't quite the game I was hoping for after a decade of waiting, but it was a far sight better than PSO's offline mode. I guess I couldn't have expected that much out of Sonic Team to begin with. Maybe next time we'll see Rieko and Tohru return (yeah right, but we can dream) and deliver something on par with PSIV or Skies of Arcadia for us to sink our teeth into offline.