PDA

View Full Version : what should a force have equipped on their weps?

Guitarsmasher
Nov 28, 2006, 03:43 PM
ive just been wondering about this, i just started a force a few days ago. so i kinda need to know if i should be having resta/reverser eqipped on every tech weapon i have, or should it only be on a couple of my tech weps? i know there isnt really a correct answer to this, i just wana know what you guys do.

ZiG
Nov 28, 2006, 03:50 PM
Well you get a bonus if everything on that rod/wand is the same element.

JAFO22000
Nov 28, 2006, 04:03 PM
I have resta/reverser on ALL of my rods....just in case. Nothing worse than having someone dying right in front of you while you're searching your pallette for your resta stick! Inevitably, you'll choose one that is already drained anyway!!!

BTW, the bonus for elements is only 4% right now. Kind of a waste to have two empty slots on a rod for a measly 4%....works well for canes, though.

KirinDave
Nov 28, 2006, 04:12 PM
I personally only have reverser on one weapon and resta on two. I have one bow which I bind with ice arrows. The remaining balance is switched around depending on the planet and level I am going to. For example, Temple of Fantatics gets a lot of *Zonde spells. Parum gets *Barta and *Diga.

The only real constant is I have a 4x ground 4* tenora works cane that I use with Diga bound to both slots. This is my beating stick, and its primarily used in boss fights. Nothing else in a force's arsenal can really beat fast Diga for pure damage output. Between that and the bow and some quick switches to a healing cane, my boss role is pretty much covered.

Kanore
Nov 28, 2006, 04:24 PM
I'm a little crazy, so I have one rod for each element (except dark since it isn't available).

PMB960
Nov 28, 2006, 04:25 PM
I have a wand for resta and reverser since it casts faster. I also have a boss rod which has Diga, Foie, Resta, and Reverser.

Faendryl
Nov 28, 2006, 04:36 PM
I use

wand(diga+radiga)
rod(reverser/resta/random/random)
wand(barta+rabarta)
wand(foie+rafoie)
wand(zonde+razonde)
random(probably a bow)

I have handguns with the wands with ice bullets on all of them. I switch out spells on the wands when low if I really need to for efficiency or healing.

This has worked for me forever since I could afford it, and I'm lvl 36 now.

I would have colour coded this but it seems this board disables color bbcode ~.~ or I'm doing it wrong =P

JAFO22000
Nov 28, 2006, 04:37 PM
...it's really all personal preference. There is not a correct answer to this question, as it varies depending upon who you ask. You have forces who swear by canes and will only use those, then you have your rod people who think canes and the like are only good to use in with your "box breaker" pistol!! ....Experiment with different configs and find the one that works for you!

MayLee
Nov 28, 2006, 05:02 PM
I usually sort the elements ut on my wands and rods Reverser and resta on one, then the hardcore elements on the rod and I usually ad resta on my rod.

PMB960
Nov 28, 2006, 05:44 PM
When more techs come out I am going to keep them grouped by type just for the damage bonus which should be more than 4% if you have 4 techs of the same element. I don't think the slightly faster cast speed is worth it compared to how much more damage you do. Plus when using Photon Charges on a wand it only recovers half the PP instead of the whole bar like for rods. The only exception is Resta since healing quickly is essential.

Myrah
Nov 28, 2006, 05:51 PM
This is what I have:

Rod Diga/Radiga/Resta/Reverser
Rod Foie/Rafoie/Resta/Reverser
Rod Barta/Rabarta/Resta/Reverser
Rod Zonde/Razonde/Resta/Reverser
Wand Diga/Resta
Bow

I heal and use Reverser a lot so its easier for me this way.

Remedy
Nov 28, 2006, 06:11 PM
A) Forces should only use rods
B) Their rods should look like this:

-> <elemental spell>
^ Resta

R-> Ra-<elemental spell>
R^ Reverser

Gazette
Nov 28, 2006, 06:13 PM
Personal preference, really that's all.
Having resta on every rod is alright for now considering the bonus really isn't much to get excited over.
The moment more spells get released, the idea of having elemental staffs rather than having each one carry resta seems a bit more prevalent for the full bonus.

Kaloa
Nov 28, 2006, 06:14 PM
I equip resta and reverser on all of my rods. I don't like having to switch weapons in order to heal myself or teammates. It's too risky.

As for the other two slots on my rods, what I equip really depends on where I'm fighting. I don't have a rod or wand for each element or anything. When I enter a new area I equip ALL my rods with the same technics. My healing ones, and those that the enemies in that area are weak to. That way, when I run out of PP, I can easily and comfortably switch over to another weapon (I don't use photon charges...) and not have to worry about doing less damage with different elements or having to get used to a different set-up, etc.

I also have an emergency wand equipped with resta and reverser for those rare occasions where my teammates are taking a brutal beating and need to be healed constantly. The faster casting time on the wand makes it better for those situations.