PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PC: It feels like this game is slowly withering to death

Kanore
Nov 28, 2006, 04:35 PM
It's 4:30 PM EST, and I decide to get on a game after finishing some homework. The choices were reading Porkslope Turkeyhandle, Day of Defeat: Sauce, and good ol' PSU.

I get on. Nobody on my Partner Card list is 'online'; the people that are marked as on are all in their rooms most likely AFK and on alts, and even the people that play more than me aren't online.

I decide to try to squeeze my way into U1 (which was full; but U2 only had 2 full stars) and chill at the Pub after yet another few minutes of indecision in which to change my hairstyle to at the colony, but there was basically no one there either.

It's getting worse everyday. Will the inevitable weekly updates spring this game back to life, or should my playtime with PSU wither away along with the game itself?

Deja
Nov 28, 2006, 04:41 PM
What this game needs more of is:

Player events
Updates weekly (give us our content damn it)

With those two, the community will be happy and busy.

DarkAeon
Nov 28, 2006, 04:42 PM
get on at night?...

Kanore
Nov 28, 2006, 04:43 PM
On 2006-11-28 13:42, DarkAeon wrote:
get on at night?...

There't this thing called 'school', and this isn't World of Warcraft. I'm not giving up sleep for this.

Tarathiel
Nov 28, 2006, 04:43 PM
sega is beggining to remind me of ea......

Kanore
Nov 28, 2006, 04:44 PM
On 2006-11-28 13:43, Tarathiel wrote:
sega is beggining to remind me of ea......

Too bad EA has pretty much always blown since their conception.

rena-ko
Nov 28, 2006, 04:45 PM
change your sleep pattern then. sleep after school >.>

Dre_o
Nov 28, 2006, 04:45 PM
quit bitching and get some new friends?

SkeeUK
Nov 28, 2006, 04:46 PM
just got mine 2day, was a little late delivery.

i enquired with a m8 to ask what it is like online, she said "theres absolutly nothing to do" i dont think theres that many players online, i think il fork out 7.99 to find out myself, but from what ive heard its not looking good

i kinda have a feelin its gonna collapse, to be honest with u a blue burst v.2 or similar would have been fine for 360 i would have deffo bought it and gone online.

i think them memorable dreamcast and gamecube days are over now:(

i could be wrong though il log on and check it out myself

Kanore
Nov 28, 2006, 04:47 PM
On 2006-11-28 13:45, Dre_o wrote:

That's cute. Sadly, I'm too lazy and make new friends through people I already know. Also, a majority of the PSOW people that are higher level atm keep to their own friend rings as well, and there's no way I'm going to look for people in GameFAQs and the PSU boards.

I made alot of friends while leveling, but those people also aren't on as much anymore. I don't feel like making an alt or just heading out into the field as a max level as much anymore either because again, I'm incredibly lazy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kanore on 2006-11-28 13:48 ]</font>

tank1
Nov 28, 2006, 04:47 PM
Lol ive got to admit content is a little lacking but ive had no trouble finding friends online and/or parties.

Kanore
Nov 28, 2006, 04:48 PM
On 2006-11-28 13:45, rena-ko wrote:
change your sleep pattern then. sleep after school >.>

That'd work if I was in college or something.

AeraLure
Nov 28, 2006, 04:48 PM
I have hope for the expert class update providing a bit of a spark. I'm kind of off now until it comes. Not because I dont wish to play - just because there isnt anything I am really motivated to do. I do need more meseta, I do need to level some more techs higher, I have some other characters to level.

Expert class and A level things would help a lot. We'd still have more or less the same areas to go through though as now, with a couple additions. We need some online quests. Things like Endless Nightmare equivalents etc, some that use some NPCs like Soul of Steel or pretty much any of the PSO-type quests. Imho anyway. Expert classes is a start though. That'll bring me back for some more play and I presume others await that as well.

industrial
Nov 28, 2006, 04:49 PM
Hopefully when the content patch will help but I think you expect too much from this game at this point. The only thing that keeps people playing will be "uber" items and showing them off to friends. I'm sure there will be lots if PSO was any indication.

I think the way they designed the servers is wack too. I wish instead of universes they had seperate servers for planets. Parum 1, 2, 3, 4... Neudiaz 1, 2, 3 etc. It's such a pain to try and find a PUG in any planet other than Parum in the off hours.

SpishackCola
Nov 28, 2006, 04:50 PM
meh, can't do that in college. Gotta socialize after classes. Miss everything if you sleep :x

Kanore
Nov 28, 2006, 04:51 PM
On 2006-11-28 13:49, industrial wrote:
Hopefully when the content patch will help but I think you expect too much from this game at this point.

The only thing I 'expect' is alot of people online, filling up all the universes. Not content.

AeraLure
Nov 28, 2006, 04:53 PM
Yeah well one sort of leads to the other. Maybe more non-synth rare drops too will help, since more people would be online to hunt? Dunno really.

I know I'll be online to work on getting some new A items and the ability to level maxed techs again, have a use for exp again etc, at least for a little while.

rena-ko
Nov 28, 2006, 04:55 PM
i really dunno what you guys are babbling about tho. not enough content? try to busy yourself with what you got. and there's more than plenty. try to be productive (make guides), try to hunt something, try to help out others. its really not that difficult to find yourself something to pass the time with.
and if youre bored then take a break. this is not supposed to fill your whole day you know.

kids these days...

Kanore
On 2006-11-28 13:53, AeraLure wrote:
I know I'll be online to work on getting some new A items and the ability to level maxed techs again, have a use for exp again etc, at least for a little while.

I was thinking about doing the same thing.

EphekZ
So, what's the point of this thread?

happy_cricket
Nov 28, 2006, 04:58 PM
How many people does a Universe hold?

panzer_unit
Nov 28, 2006, 04:59 PM
Just from experience with PSO v1, v2, Monster Hunter, etc... don't count on more than 1/10 of your friend list being online at any given time. It doesn't mean the game's dying if most of the people you've met over the months you've been playing are offline.

Here's a ray of hope: Monster Hunter for PS2 is just as busy as it was when I stopped playing over a year ago. It's not a lot of people but the game hasn't up and died either... despite Freedom coming out and being 10x as good, PSU being a new online RPG for PS2, being really old as far as games go, etc.

tank1
Nov 28, 2006, 05:02 PM
there is no point im guessing.

Kanore
Nov 28, 2006, 05:04 PM
On 2006-11-28 13:55, darkgunner wrote:
So, what's the point of this thread?

What's the point of a message board? Discussion.

I wanted to make a topic to discuss about my thoughts on my percieved withering of the game, as stated by the topic title.

Mystil
Nov 28, 2006, 05:05 PM
On 2006-11-28 13:55, rena-ko wrote:
i really dunno what you guys are babbling about tho. not enough content? try to busy yourself with what you got. and there's more than plenty. try to be productive (make guides), try to hunt something, try to help out others. its really not that difficult to find yourself something to pass the time with.
and if youre bored then take a break. this is not supposed to fill your whole day you know.

kids these days...

PSU fills my entire day if I don't fall asleep while farming in Agata RELICS. For some of us, this game is so addicting that you just can't put it down.

Kanore this is common sense. People have been pushed away from the game because of the unfairness of JP getting updates every week while it will take another 1000 years to get to use A rank weapons. Also as it is now even affecting me, I do think it is a good idea to NOT read rant threads on the current state of PSU.

UltraDeeDer
Nov 28, 2006, 05:06 PM
Well you can probably expect at least an extra 38 people playing online when PSU releases in Australia in a day's time.

Kanore
Nov 28, 2006, 05:08 PM
On 2006-11-28 14:05, Silhouette wrote:
Kanore this is common sense. People have been pushed away from the game because of the unfairness of JP getting updates every week while it will take another 1000 years to get to use A rank weapons. Also as it is now even affecting me, I do think it is a good idea to NOT read rant threads on the current state of PSU.

I guess so. I've thought sometimes that the stupid rant threads have affected my original position on the current state of the western release of PSU >_<

Agne
Nov 28, 2006, 05:11 PM
well i'm assuming your on 360. and here's the deal welcome to the beginning of an era. for those of you that bought pso on day 1 back in the day will remember seeing very few american players in the beginning. As more ppl tell their friends good stuff they will buy. I'm still trying to get my friends to play but am heisitant to tell them about this site as most of the pple here complain too much and would make ppl get a false impression of the game. secondly if you want all the stuff that comes with being one of the last players to sign on (all maps and weapons unlocked other stuff like that) well wait a couple months to years. even the original pso had problems. welcome to the next generation and get used to it. complaining doesn't help and neither does posts like.."is this game dying" and other stuff... you never know what potential buyer is looking at these posts but decides not to buy b/c of a dying online community that's not dying, just growing.

AeraLure
Nov 28, 2006, 05:21 PM
On 2006-11-28 13:55, Kanore wrote:

On 2006-11-28 13:53, AeraLure wrote:

I was thinking about doing the same thing.

Yeah. Meantime its a good time to work on another character or hang around do reasonably pointless (ie fun) things. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kanore
Nov 28, 2006, 05:22 PM
On 2006-11-28 14:11, Agne wrote:
well i'm assuming your on 360.

My sig blatently says 'PSU PC'

Bleemo
Nov 28, 2006, 05:26 PM
Honestly, I doubt the update will change much, especially seeing as how we won't be far off from what the JP actually have.

I firmly believe PSU has already begun the spiral downward--it's just not the type of game that would spark a lot of gamer's interest anymore. Back in the Diablo 2 days, definitely. Now... not so much.

I expect this to continue happening.

RedMachineD
Nov 28, 2006, 05:26 PM
Kanore, you dumb fuck.

RedMachineD
Nov 28, 2006, 05:29 PM
HEY ASSHOLES, GUESS THE FUCK WHAT

PSU is a relatively new game. It's been out what, a MONTH maybe? Don't you think you fucking retards are jumping the gun on calling it dead? Fuck, I'd hate to see you people when you become parents and your kids get sick for the first time.

Actually, I'd rather none of you stupid motherfuckers ever had children. In fact, I hope all of you get shot and killed.

Except Kanore.

Maridia
Nov 28, 2006, 05:33 PM
Whoa whoa, RedMachine. Maybe we WANT to say stuff like that, but we're not SUPPOSED to. You might want to edit your post.

And guys, besides that fact that the game has been out a month and you're all whiners, is everyone forgetting that the Wii and the PS3 came out last weekend? I can think of a LOT of people who are probably busy as hell with theirs and the new Zelda game. That thing is apparently long as hell. So just hang in there and quit grumping so much. Everyone is so damn impatient about this game. <_<

Ryudo
Nov 28, 2006, 05:35 PM
PSU is a game people play for fun, it isnt something people treat as a second job like so many other online RPGs, they wont spend every waking second trying to inflate their e-penis on PSU.

Bleemo
Nov 28, 2006, 05:36 PM
On 2006-11-28 14:29, RedMachineD wrote:

PSU is a relatively new game. It's been out what, a MONTH maybe? Don't you think you fucking retards are jumping the gun on calling it dead? Fuck, I'd hate to see you people when you become parents and your kids get sick for the first time.

Actually, I'd rather none of you stupid motherfuckers ever had children. In fact, I hope all of you get shot and killed.

Except Kanore.

The first month of a game's release is usually the highest point in it's life due to advertisement. It won't be any higher until an expansion of some sort is released, when they begin advertising again.

Judging from the level of activity from release and until now, it would be logical to assume a lot of subscribers are losing interest--in other words, it's slowly dying.

After the content update, think of how much "content" is actually going to be added that will draw new and old players in and actually keep them on the game. The only things that will be added are expert classes, A rank weapons, a few new missions, and a level cap raise. That sounds like a lot, but hardly enough to keep gamers wired compared to now.

Your argument is moot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bleemo on 2006-11-28 14:37 ]</font>

Aaomi
Nov 28, 2006, 05:37 PM

Except Kanore.

Gotta say, I love how blunt you are even if you do sound like a little 15 year old emo kid on the brink of killing himself.

AeraLure
Nov 28, 2006, 05:41 PM
lol RedMachine. Hit the funny button did someone? I think we all love the game, its why we are on these boards. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

The slow release thing isnt working for everyone (but probably is for as many as for it isnt), but we all know the drill by now and await the Expert update to see what that brings. I dont think anyone said ANYTHING bad enough per se about the game to come close to warranting that sorta response. Tad bored but I am still playing. Think most everyone else is, just maybe not as often. Settle down maybe just a whisker. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

hucast21
Nov 28, 2006, 05:43 PM
On 2006-11-28 14:36, Bleemo wrote:

The first month of a game's release is usually the highest point in it's life due to advertisement. It won't be any higher until an expansion of some sort is released, when they begin advertising again.

Judging from the level of activity from release and until now, it would be logical to assume a lot of subscribers are losing interest--in other words, it's slowly dying.

After the content update, think of how much "content" is actually going to be added that will draw new and old players in and actually keep them on the game. The only things that will be added are expert classes, A rank weapons, a few new missions, and a level cap raise. That sounds like a lot, but hardly enough to keep gamers wired compared to now.

Your argument is moot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bleemo on 2006-11-28 14:37 ]</font>

Let me add that many forces will quit once this new update comes because it doesn't contain buffs/debuffs...

A lot of people won't play anymore without any forces healing them and/or support party members.

Asuri
Nov 28, 2006, 05:47 PM
well i played it for a lil while, i dont like how you have to make the good weopons, i loved the old days when you found a red box and HAHAHA, a cool looking UNIque weapon, in psu, theres really not many uniques and the content stinks, the gameplay is to arcadish and its not AT ALL what it should be, not only that, my game has horrible connection issues and its such a small game to pay the price for,

HiKeRI
Nov 28, 2006, 05:48 PM
I think that the lv's are to damn cheap.. If PSU would'of been like FFXI's leveling range (Like that hard to lv- or just time consuming- at this start it would'of been decent, i mean if everyone whining about how they reached that fast to the cap lv's it shouldof been a bit more harder, even though those without lifes will affect aswell since it'll be "that long to reach that lv") And to balance it, unless they got cap 60-70 w/e if they're thinking of raising the cap up to 100's or 200's the one that'll benefit it'll be the "rare" new players since they'll experience the full content from lv1 to "100" or "200" while the new players prob left or waited that long for it all.

Neith
Nov 28, 2006, 05:49 PM
On 2006-11-28 13:45, Dre_o wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif If you have nothing clever to say, dont bother posting.

Ive noticed the same thing, but it seems to be better at weekends. It's rare I struggle to find a party, and my Partner Card list isn't that big. Just try playing at different times, you might get luck and find someone.

Asuri
Nov 28, 2006, 05:49 PM
and i lost interest due to the fact that i play many other rpgs and just dont really acre for psu. Gears of War put a stop to this psu completely

KirinDave
Nov 28, 2006, 05:53 PM
On 2006-11-28 14:43, hucast21 wrote:

Let me add that many forces will quit once this new update comes because it doesn't contain buffs/debuffs...

A lot of people won't play anymore without any forces healing them and/or support party members.

I wouldn't quit because of a delay in buffs. I am not sure why people are so frantic to get these. A force can be a valuable asset to a party right now. Indeed, some of the drop-richest areas (new Parum areas, A rank Neudaiz missions) almost require forces to get anywhere. I'm certainly not feeling useless. I want the Gi-spells more than I want the buff spells.

Now, I am sure many people going to Wartecher and Guntecher feel differently since buffs are a major attraction there.

hucast21
Nov 28, 2006, 06:02 PM
On 2006-11-28 14:53, KirinDave wrote:

On 2006-11-28 14:43, hucast21 wrote:

I wouldn't quit because of a delay in buffs. I am not sure why people are so frantic to get these. A force can be a valuable asset to a party right now. Indeed, some of the drop-richest areas (new Parum areas, A rank Neudaiz missions) almost require forces to get anywhere. I'm certainly not feeling useless. I want the Gi-spells more than I want the buff spells.

Now, I am sure many people going to Wartecher and Guntecher feel differently since buffs are a major attraction there.

The thing is, Japan didn't get buffs/debuffs until the 3rd update after the expert class update.

People won't wait that long IMO.

Mystil
Nov 28, 2006, 06:06 PM

Except Kanore.

Oh shut the hell up and sit your ass down.

Hey mr.I'mbigwithcursewords, have you ever heard of a thing called morale? That's the issue with PSU. People want/need SOMETHING to do besides De Ragan 24/7. Yea there's new missions but really only those who have a group of like minded friends go there. Those who don't have to get lucky and find a game, or get to high level and solo the stupid C ranks. We also have a hand me down game and it's putting players down big time.

And yes this will continue to happen because ST lost a good chunk of thier user base due to all the years failing at combating the hackers.

HiKeRI
Nov 28, 2006, 06:08 PM
I have more fun on this forum than in game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

-Shimarisu-
Nov 28, 2006, 06:13 PM
OH NO WHERE ARE MY BUFFS I NEEEEEEED THEM.

Christ, how insecure are FO players? Are you like, really useless in real life or what? On welfare? Or still sponging off your parents? Had big dreams of being a doctor in real life, but didn't want to go to med school for 6 years? Family tell you you're worthless? Feel like you're not making an impact on the world, and you're going to die unloved and unknown, and nobody will attend your funeral? Yes, come and be a healer on an online RPG! Be everyone's little bitch, running after their asses, healing them, making them powerful with super buffs. Everyone will love and remember you. You'll be contacted at all times of day, with mails that are actually mass mails to every force the dumb hunter knows, but YOU DON'T HAVE TO KNOW THAT! YOU'RE SPECIAL. YOU'RE A SPECIAL, UNIQUE FLOWER.

NOW STOP ROCKING BACK AND TO AND TAKE YOUR MEDS.

GeoHolyhart
Nov 28, 2006, 06:15 PM
I know what you mean Kanore. I know exactly what you mean. You'll get new friends and the same thing will happen, lol. A vicious cycle! It's how the game is though. If it's anything like the Moa update, a lot of people aren't going to care to come back anymore.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 28, 2006, 06:16 PM
On 2006-11-28 13:35, Kanore wrote:
The community is dy- http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
Fixed.

As long as you can find enough people on to play a game, then the community is fine.

ProfessorZ
Nov 28, 2006, 06:17 PM
I didn't know Gears of War, Call of Duty 3 and Rainbow Six vegas we're all on the pc

Oh wait......

hucast21
Nov 28, 2006, 06:19 PM
On 2006-11-28 15:13, -Shimarisu- wrote:
OH NO WHERE ARE MY BUFFS I NEEEEEEED THEM.

Christ, how insecure are FO players? Are you like, really useless in real life or what? On welfare? Or still sponging off your parents? Had big dreams of being a doctor in real life, but didn't want to go to med school for 6 years? Family tell you you're worthless? Feel like you're not making an impact on the world, and you're going to die unloved and unknown, and nobody will attend your funeral? Yes, come and be a healer on an online RPG! Be everyone's little bitch, running after their asses, healing them, making them powerful with super buffs. Everyone will love and remember you. You'll be contacted at all times of day, with mails that are actually mass mails to every force the dumb hunter knows, but YOU DON'T HAVE TO KNOW THAT! YOU'RE SPECIAL. YOU'RE A SPECIAL, UNIQUE FLOWER.

NOW STOP ROCKING BACK AND TO AND TAKE YOUR MEDS.

If this post is in reference to mine about buffs/debuffs, I was only informing Forces about the info since I'm a Hunter.

Anyways, I thought your bitch-ass Mrs. Elitist was quitting US PSU lol.

Mystil
Nov 28, 2006, 06:22 PM
I think the Forces are more concerned about when they are getting megid and the light spell, and being able to level thier techs up to 30.

hucast21
Nov 28, 2006, 06:30 PM
On 2006-11-28 15:22, Silhouette wrote:
I think the Forces are more concerned about when they are getting megid and the light spell, and being able to level thier techs up to 30.

My posts were to the people choosing hybrid classes as well. IIRC, Japan has only Ramegid currently.

If any JP players like to correct me, please feel free.

pionear
Nov 28, 2006, 06:32 PM
Well, it's been fun so far for me, but this is also the first game i've played online. I think the reason why more people are staying away is because of alot of things, including:

New Gen consoles and games
The monthly fee (eventhough 10 bucks isnt alot, it is for some people.)
And some mixed reviews from various sites/magazines

And wait for the Euros; they just released the game over there, so maybe it will pick back up!

-Shimarisu-
Nov 28, 2006, 06:44 PM
On 2006-11-28 15:19, hucast21 wrote:

If this post is in reference to mine about buffs/debuffs, I was only informing Forces about the info since I'm a Hunter.

No, it was in reference to all the FOs whining about how they need buffs.

And also, HILARIOUS. YOu think I'm elitist because I:

1. Walked to my local game store (I live in Japan, you know.)
2. Bought a Japanese copy of the game, oh so easily.
3. Played it.
4. DID NOT LIKE THE COMMUNITY! AT ALL.
5. Found a really good friend and quit for US.
6. Got really depressed about how it was being slammed.
7. Got really rdepressed about hackers.
8. Wanted to go back to my PAID FOR AND LEVELLED JAPANESE CHARS. Which let's face it, would be sensible.
9. Decided to give the US version til next update., the BEST update Japan ever got, to pick up.

THIS IS REALLY FUCKING ELITIST OF ME, I MUST PREFER JAPAN SO MUCH I IMPORTED EARLY JUST TO BE A PRICK, AND I LORD IT ALL OVER YOU THE DAMN TIME WITH ALL MY STATS AND HOW COOL I AM, YO, CEPT I CAME AND RESTARTED ON US JUST TO BE WITH A FRIEND AND DON'T GIVE A FUCK FOR JAPANESE CONTENT!

Really, with the way you are whining and calling JP players elitist, I think a lot of this community is just jealous of them. Which makes you, you know, MORE elitist that me, me who willingly dropped level 50+ JP chars and OMG CONTENT just to be with a friend, haha-oh-god-you-crack-me-up.

Kanore
Nov 28, 2006, 06:47 PM
Compared to all the new faces that have decided to think that they're Shim and try to act like they actually know shit but don't, I've retracted my accusations of elitism toward Shim for a few days now after remembering her back in the community a few years ago.

She's helpful, and yeah, Forces aren't going to be bitching about stupid buffs; I've heard they have shitty timespans, so it's better if people stick with making their own Megistarides if they want all their own buffs.

However, I will be complaining if we go for too long without a single Grants or Megid spell.

Bleemo
Nov 28, 2006, 06:48 PM
On 2006-11-28 15:32, pionear wrote:
Well, it's been fun so far for me, but this is also the first game i've played online. I think the reason why more people are staying away is because of alot of things, including:

New Gen consoles and games
The monthly fee (eventhough 10 bucks isnt alot, it is for some people.)
And some mixed reviews from various sites/magazines

And wait for the Euros; they just released the game over there, so maybe it will pick back up!

A lot of people love to point fingers at other games being the cause of drawing players away from PSU, because they don't want to point out their game's obvious flaws that drive those players away in the first place.

If PSU was nearly attractive as people hoped, other games wouldn't phase their interests as much as assumed. Because of PSU's "fun for a while, boring after that while" content level, it would be reasonable to assume most of those who leave are not coming back, even after the holidays and new video game craze.

Face-value, we have seen what PSU has to offer now and in the long run. Not much will change from here-out, especially since we can literally see everything we're getting for a LONG while just by playing the Story Mode for a couple of days.

Agne
Nov 28, 2006, 06:50 PM
first i didn't notice the pc i just noticed the whining. if you don't like it quit playing and paying that simple. some of us enjoy the game and actually are taking our time *gasp*, enjoying the game, and playing like it's meant to be played. I played beta, I bought on launch, i'm just now 37. could i have spent more time running the same level over and over, get 50, and complain about the lack of stuff to do cuz i played 10+ hours a day and tried to be leet? Or i can be who i am, still happy with the game, still finding new stuff, still can't wait to play more a rank missions, have filled my friend list, and had to delete some and now contain a more compiled list of ppl i play with, i have friends on almost all the time that i can play with of all lvls, i am very proud of my room and in short have and still and will continue to enjoy the game of psu. It's not everyone else's fault you had poor planning cuz it's your first major online rpg. quit whining, it causes us to lose more players than any lack of content. and besides on the side of jap launches and ours. if we'd gotten the game first by a few months and had a lot of waiting to do for new stuff. then jap got the game with all the stuff we had to wait for, this would be full of "wtf japs didn't have to wait it's not fair!!!suxor" or something just as stupid. i've been coming to pso-world for a long time and never have i seen so many l33t noobs. stop your whining, stop your crying, and get over the fact that you can't have everything. maybe that's the reason the community is dying everyone is tired of the incessent crap.

this is officially the last bitch post i'll make cuz it sums all my complaints up. and i'm tire of morale ruiners and i will not join them in ruining a great game. so everyone have fun and play abd if you don't like it.. get out. more stuff for the rest of us who really like it.

Banert
Nov 28, 2006, 06:55 PM
I have noticed this sad trend, and it really sucks. If this spiral continues this will be the second mmo this year that (After Auto Assault) I've loved that has turned out a less than stellar community (numbers wise). There is a definite decrease in the numbers of players at all hours. I pray this update draws people back.

Mystil
Nov 28, 2006, 06:57 PM
We've all posted in this legendary thread, btw.

Bleemo
Nov 28, 2006, 06:58 PM
On 2006-11-28 15:50, Agne wrote:
first i didn't notice the pc i just noticed the whining. if you don't like it quit playing and paying that simple. some of us enjoy the game and actually are taking our time *gasp*, enjoying the game, and playing like it's meant to be played. I played beta, I bought on launch, i'm just now 37. could i have spent more time running the same level over and over, get 50, and complain about the lack of stuff to do cuz i played 10+ hours a day and tried to be leet? Or i can be who i am, still happy with the game, still finding new stuff, still can't wait to play more a rank missions, have filled my friend list, and had to delete some and now contain a more compiled list of ppl i play with, i have friends on almost all the time that i can play with of all lvls, i am very proud of my room and in short have and still and will continue to enjoy the game of psu. It's not everyone else's fault you had poor planning cuz it's your first major online rpg. quit whining, it causes us to lose more players than any lack of content. and besides on the side of jap launches and ours. if we'd gotten the game first by a few months and had a lot of waiting to do for new stuff. then jap got the game with all the stuff we had to wait for, this would be full of "wtf japs didn't have to wait it's not fair!!!suxor" or something just as stupid. i've been coming to pso-world for a long time and never have i seen so many l33t noobs. stop your whining, stop your crying, and get over the fact that you can't have everything. maybe that's the reason the community is dying everyone is tired of the incessent crap.

this is officially the last bitch post i'll make cuz it sums all my complaints up. and i'm tire of morale ruiners and i will not join them in ruining a great game. so everyone have fun and play abd if you don't like it.. get out. more stuff for the rest of us who really like it.

I am happy to inform you that if you act now, you can receive one FREE Enter Key! Simply use your index finger to locate a key near-middle on your keyboard with the word "Enter". Viola! You can now make your posts readable!

The issue is that for those who enjoy playing PSU for long amounts of time do not have enough content to motivate them to continue playing. It doesn't matter if casual players, like you, who can only play or choose to play much haven't gotten as far them. Actually, because of this, you have no right to tell anyone to stop complaining.

hucast21
Nov 28, 2006, 06:58 PM
On 2006-11-28 15:44, -Shimarisu- wrote:

On 2006-11-28 15:19, hucast21 wrote:

No, it was in reference to all the FOs whining about how they need buffs.

And also, HILARIOUS. YOu think I'm elitist because I:

1. Walked to my local game store (I live in Japan, you know.)
2. Bought a Japanese copy of the game, oh so easily.
3. Played it.
4. DID NOT LIKE THE COMMUNITY! AT ALL.
5. Found a really good friend and quit for US.
6. Got really depressed about how it was being slammed.
7. Got really rdepressed about hackers.
8. Wanted to go back to my PAID FOR AND LEVELLED JAPANESE CHARS. Which let's face it, would be sensible.
9. Decided to give the US version til next update., the BEST update Japan ever got, to pick up.

THIS IS REALLY FUCKING ELITIST OF ME, I MUST PREFER JAPAN SO MUCH I IMPORTED EARLY JUST TO BE A PRICK, AND I LORD IT ALL OVER YOU THE DAMN TIME WITH ALL MY STATS AND HOW COOL I AM, YO, CEPT I CAME AND RESTARTED ON US JUST TO BE WITH A FRIEND AND DON'T GIVE A FUCK FOR JAPANESE CONTENT!

Really, with the way you are whining and calling JP players elitist, I think a lot of this community is just jealous of them. Which makes you, you know, MORE elitist that me, me who willingly dropped level 50+ JP chars and OMG CONTENT just to be with a friend, haha-oh-god-you-crack-me-up.

Almost everybody thinks you're an elitist. Just look at your goodbye thread and see how many people agree with me.

And no, I'm not jealous of japophiles who need to import everything from Japan and read every single manga.

Kanore
Nov 28, 2006, 06:59 PM
On 2006-11-28 15:59, AlphaMinotaux wrote:
This game is nothing without friends. simple as that. Get to lvl 50 and you start to make good friends who play constantly.

I've been 50 for two weeks now. I play with people that I met before I hit 50.

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 28, 2006, 06:59 PM
This game is nothing without friends. simple as that. Get to lvl 50 and you start to make good friends who play constantly.

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 28, 2006, 07:07 PM
all i can say is QQ i guess, wait for Vanguard to come out since that is sure to be full of content.

Dihnekis
Nov 28, 2006, 07:17 PM
This game will be flat out dead in a year.

Good work sega, way to kill a franchise.

Agne
Nov 28, 2006, 07:18 PM
actually as a reply to my quote it is where i get to complain. it's not everyone else's fault that they had bad planning and they lvld to 50 where there isn't any content. that would be like moving to the desert to get away from the cold but complaining about the lack of trees. if you wanna be all like "look at my level 50 i'm so cool and can call ppl noobs" well deal with the downside. I played pso from launch on dc till launch of psu and it appears with over 7 chars over 200 and several several more over 100 and countless other "just trying" chars as well as having played several mmo's, i have a little more than my fair share of knowledge about how to go about stuff. If you know there is a lvl cap at 50 and you race to 50 don't be pissed cuz there isn't a whole lot to do after lvl 50. are you surprised?? were you like wow i'm at the top now and suddenly i realize that the top of the mountain has less trails. maybe it's the fact that this isn't my first mmo that made me not run for the top but that's my decision not my lack of knowledge. and about the enter button this is a message board not an english class. for real if that's all you got in a debate your spent!!!

ChrisKo
Nov 28, 2006, 07:22 PM
I am happy to inform you that if you act now, you can receive one FREE Enter Key! Simply use your index finger to locate a key near-middle on your keyboard with the word "Enter". Viola! You can now make your posts readable!

Entire topic is worth reading just for this.

Sharkyland
Nov 28, 2006, 07:25 PM
I think the game's flaws make it feel uninteresting to me... (of course one of the two main reasons are: 1) If I played story mode and gotten through these levels, at least the story mode had some kind of plot on why you had to go through it, though I don't know what my online character is actually doing besides the alternate universe of Ethan, and 2) I can only hit a max of 3 enemies... if my sword or tech can hit more than 5 when they are bunched together)

Currently the only things I can do is:
- level my photon arts, techniques, etc...
- mission points...
- gain meseta...
- feed PM...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2006-11-28 16:27 ]</font>

Bleemo
Nov 28, 2006, 07:28 PM
On 2006-11-28 16:18, Agne wrote:
actually as a reply to my quote it is where i get to complain. it's not everyone else's fault that they had bad planning and they lvld to 50 where there isn't any content. that would be like moving to the desert to get away from the cold but complaining about the lack of trees. if you wanna be all like "look at my level 50 i'm so cool and can call ppl noobs" well deal with the downside. I played pso from launch on dc till launch of psu and it appears with over 7 chars over 200 and several several more over 100 and countless other "just trying" chars as well as having played several mmo's, i have a little more than my fair share of knowledge about how to go about stuff. If you know there is a lvl cap at 50 and you race to 50 don't be pissed cuz there isn't a whole lot to do after lvl 50. are you surprised?? were you like wow i'm at the top now and suddenly i realize that the top of the mountain has less trails. maybe it's the fact that this isn't my first mmo that made me not run for the top but that's my decision not my lack of knowledge. and about the enter button this is a message board not an english class. for real if that's all you got in a debate your spent!!!

Lol... Not an English class, I love that excuse. The reason why I suggested you use your enter key is that whenever you post you look like a complete moron as you batter the English language.

So... Let me get this straight... You don't care that the game has little to no content endgame, and basically telling everyone who rushed to stop complaining because they rushed?

Is that why you have 7 characters over level 200 on PSO?

Agne
Nov 28, 2006, 07:29 PM
o and one more thing you hit the enter key with your pinky aaaaaaaannnnnd i'm done

Agne
Nov 28, 2006, 07:31 PM
yep it's called pacing. ask around it's not new

peenk
Nov 28, 2006, 07:32 PM
I think people waited for PSU for too long. Hype killed and stupid little changes.
Mostly I am pissed about "grind." Not the xp kind, as it was present in PSO, but the whole synthesis-item thing.
After playing WoW (and I am not trying to compare PSU to WoW as I hate WoW...), I hate any kind of grind and/or time sinks.
I feel synthesis/weap-grind is just a big time sink.
Next stop for me is Age of Conan, which looks very similar to my #1 game of all time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Shadowbane for its PvP goodness.

Bleemo
Nov 28, 2006, 07:32 PM
On 2006-11-28 16:29, Agne wrote:
o and one more thing you hit the enter key with your pinky aaaaaaaannnnnd i'm done

On 2006-11-28 16:31, Agne wrote:
yep it's called pacing. ask around it's not new
Having lost your pinky must really suck.

DONTOSE
Nov 28, 2006, 07:34 PM
is this on the ps2 forms or xbox 360 im asking because i play on the ps2 vr. and im about to go online for the first time on monday.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 28, 2006, 07:35 PM
On 2006-11-28 15:58, hucast21 wrote:

Almost everybody thinks you're an elitist. Just look at your goodbye thread and see how many people agree with me.

And no, I'm not jealous of japophiles who need to import everything from Japan and read every single manga.

Almost everybody in hat thread thinks almost everybody who imports from japan is elitist and a japanophile. It's amusing really, because you're wrong. Hell on this forum I've said shit like "the voice acting in the dub is really decent." and "I can't be bothered learning stats, looks FTW" and "You should use twin sabers on this.... poly woly wtf ever is it called." and "I don't care about content."

People think I'm elitist because I "imported" (I didn't import dick) the japanese version, and because I think it's funny to argue with people and get them riled up, because drama is HILARIOUS. If you read half my non semi-trolling posts you'd see I'm not elitist at all. I'm a drama whore, sure. I love it.

Oh, I said I'd go back to JP if the US version got fucked by hacking? Is that elitist to say that hacking is almost unheard of on JP ATM, and that even if there was hacking it'd be dealt with more quickly?

No, it's not. It's absolute FACT.

Haha, you're calling somebody who bought the JP version in a shop then imported the US version and now almost solely plays on that, and would stay on the US version WILLINGLY if it didn't get hacked, an elitist and a Japanophile.

That's absolutely priceless.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-28 16:37 ]</font>

Bleemo
Nov 28, 2006, 07:41 PM
On 2006-11-28 16:35, -Shimarisu- wrote:

On 2006-11-28 15:58, hucast21 wrote:

Almost everybody in hat thread thinks almost everybody who imports from japan is elitist and a japanophile. It's amusing really, because you're wrong. Hell on this forum I've said shit like "the voice acting in the dub is really decent." and "I can't be bothered learning stats, looks FTW" and "You should use twin sabers on this.... poly woly wtf ever is it called." and "I don't care about content."

People think I'm elitist because I "imported" (I didn't import dick) the japanese version, and because I think it's funny to argue with people and get them riled up, because drama is HILARIOUS. If you read half my non semi-trolling posts you'd see I'm not elitist at all. I'm a drama whore, sure. I love it.

Oh, I said I'd go back to JP if the US version got fucked by hacking? Is that elitist to say that hacking is almost unheard of on JP ATM, and that even if there was hacking it'd be dealt with more quickly?

Haha, you're calling somebody who bought the JP version in a shop then imported the US version and now almost solely plays on that, and would stay on the US version WILLINGLY if it didn't get hacked, an elitist and a Japanophile.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-28 16:37 ]</font>

You're an elitist for importing the US version.

Clearly.

hucast21
Nov 28, 2006, 07:43 PM

Snip...

What do you think I'm doing to you?

What do you think I'm doing to you?

Hacking? You mean the hacked meseta?

How do you know for sure it's hacking or if Nugz is just a money bank for his lackeys?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucast21 on 2006-11-28 16:44 ]</font>

hucast21
Nov 28, 2006, 07:45 PM
On 2006-11-28 16:41, Bleemo wrote:

You're an elitist for importing the US version.

Clearly.

Still a japophile in my eyes.

KirinDave
Nov 28, 2006, 08:00 PM

No. People think you're elitist because of your attitude whenever you talk about anyone's shop. Either:

1. Their prices are lower than yours in a given market. Clearly morons and ruining your profits.
2. Their prices are higher than yours in a given market. Clearly morons for overcharging.
3. Exactly the same price in a given market. Smarter, but they "copied" your market. Morons.

Apologize once in awhile and maybe this perception will change.

ethanhawkeye
Nov 28, 2006, 08:05 PM
So anyway. . . . PSU is dead now oktybb

peenk
Nov 28, 2006, 08:06 PM
I'm a drama whore, sure. I love it.

So you gonna post and pics of yourself or what?
Cause I am not into whole blind date thing no matter how much the ghurl is willin', you know what Emsayeen'?

hucast21
Nov 28, 2006, 08:12 PM
On 2006-11-28 17:00, KirinDave wrote:

No. People think you're elitist because of your attitude whenever you talk about anyone's shop. Either:

1. Their prices are lower than yours in a given market. Clearly morons and ruining your profits.
2. Their prices are higher than yours in a given market. Clearly morons for overcharging.
3. Exactly the same price in a given market. Smarter, but they "copied" your market. Morons.

Apologize once in awhile and maybe this perception will change.

LOL. I almost forgot about that thread.

"OMG, you copied my Soldonium market!"

http://www.rofl.name/asciiart/lollerskates.gif

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 28, 2006, 08:18 PM
For thanksgiving i ate lots of Turkey smothered in gravy and Mashes potatoes smothered in gravy and Honey baked ham covered with some gravy and biscuits w/ gravy!

peenk
Nov 28, 2006, 08:23 PM
I just finished book three of the Prince of Nothing series by R. Scott Bakker and it was a blast.
Kellhus has got to be the most interesting character I have ever encountered in fantasy fiction world. Where, usually, you can clearly make a distinction between good and evil characters in most of the numerous fantasy fiction titles I have read, Kellhus remains shrouded in mystery. The conclusion of book three left me wanting for more and I cant wait for Mr. Bakker to finish the first installment of the next trillogy.
Anyone likes R. Scott Bakker's Prince of Nothing series? If you like George RR Martin's The Song of Ice and Fire or if you are a fan of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time then you will love Prinice of Nothing.

To remain on topic: If indeed PSU is descending into the abyss of dead games, its because it deserves it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: peenk on 2006-11-28 17:24 ]</font>

Skuda
Nov 28, 2006, 08:26 PM
thanks for the spam and flames guys.

This thread seems to be going no where fast.

Randomness
Nov 28, 2006, 08:26 PM
On 2006-11-28 17:23, peenk wrote:
I just finished book three of the Prince of Nothing series by R. Scott Bakker and it was a blast.
Kellhus has got to be the most interesting character I have ever encountered in fantasy fiction world. Where, usually, you can clearly make a distinction between good and evil characters in most of the numerous fantasy fiction titles I have read, Kellhus remains shrouded in mystery. The conclusion of book three left me wanting for more and I cant wait for Mr. Bakker to finish the first installment of the next trillogy.
Anyone likes R. Scott Bakker's Prince of Nothing series? If you like George RR Martin's The Song of Ice and Fire or if you are a fan of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time then you will love Prinice of Nothing.

To remain on topic: If indeed PSU is descending into the abyss of dead games, its because it deserves it.

Wheel of time is excellent, I'll try to remember to look at that next time I'm near a library.

Choja
Nov 28, 2006, 08:27 PM
On 2006-11-28 17:23, peenk wrote:

That is great, sir. Did you say that to impress me?
Great thanksgiving, chomped on the turkey, blah blah blah.
If I'm the only person on PSU left, I'll go monopolize everything. ;D
If not, I'll just search for survivors.

Axel3792
Nov 28, 2006, 08:30 PM
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=10761

Ryna
Nov 28, 2006, 08:31 PM
Locked for flaming and spamming. The spammers will receive warnings.