PDA

View Full Version : Beast: What do you think Beasts are?

Otis_Kat
Nov 28, 2006, 05:46 PM
While I was picking out a new avatar, I wondered what kind of animals Beasts most closely resemble.

I think they are cat type creatures. Although that one set of ears look like dog ears.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/cat.gif

Aaomi
Nov 28, 2006, 05:47 PM
Seeing how they scratch and the females do a lot of jumping and flipping around I would guess cats because most see them as agile creatures.

Sinue_v2
Nov 28, 2006, 05:51 PM
They're an amalgamation of several different types of animals. They're not based on any singular creature...

Numans, on the other hand, aren't specified what exactly went into their creation - in any game, but traditionally they were designed after Myau, a cat character.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 28, 2006, 05:53 PM
YES, IT'S THIS THREAD AGAIN!

HOW HAVE YOU BEEN, THREAD, I'VE BEEN MISSING YOU, CRYING INTO MY HANKIES, KNOCKING BACK THE SHOTS OF VODKA LIKE NO TOMORROW.

Pentence
Nov 28, 2006, 05:55 PM
They closesly resemble cats and for the most part are cat like.But the thing is being a mixture of human and other mamales genes they are realy too broad to be classified.In all honesty i think they resemble bits of all kinds of mamales cats,dogs,rodents(small beasts?) heck even jackrabbits.The jackrabbit being one that realy kinda stands out in my mind since large ears help keep it cool in the desert.Also being a good portion human gorrilas play a nice role in their dense make up,since we are so close to them anyhow.

HiKeRI
Nov 28, 2006, 05:57 PM
They are a chupacabra mixed with Michael Jackson and Pikachu..

Mystil
Nov 28, 2006, 05:58 PM
The option I want to choose is not up there.

Invisus
Nov 28, 2006, 06:00 PM
There was a rumor going around shimarisu quit. I can't remember who started it but I couldn't help but hope it was true. Unfortunately it appears it wasn't http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 28, 2006, 06:04 PM
Monkeys.

Otis_Kat
Nov 28, 2006, 06:59 PM
On 2006-11-28 14:53, -Shimarisu- wrote:
YES, IT'S THIS THREAD AGAIN!

HOW HAVE YOU BEEN, THREAD, I'VE BEEN MISSING YOU, CRYING INTO MY HANKIES, KNOCKING BACK THE SHOTS OF VODKA LIKE NO TOMORROW.

Sorry, I didn't realize the last topic on this was over two months ago http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=119850&forum=20

Triple_S
Nov 28, 2006, 07:14 PM
Hmm. Anyways, I accidently voted cat without thinking. Personally, the reason we don't know is so when we create a Beast character, OUR Beast character that WE make can have WHATEVER animalistic base we want... as long as the ears fit.

Nani-chan
Nov 28, 2006, 07:16 PM
Furries! My guess is a lycanthropy were-lion variety.

mew merf yiff mew merf

Doh42
Nov 28, 2006, 07:17 PM
In "human" form, they can look cat-y or dog-y... but a female beast in nanoblast form is very feline, especially the face.
Now, it might only be me, too. Remember the psychology test in Batman, where he sees a bat, but in reality it's his mind that makes him see that?

I might be seeing catgirls where they are not. Lia is definitly a cat, though.

NightStorm
Nov 28, 2006, 07:22 PM
Dont worry Otis... Shimarisu cannot ever add anything positive. Just apparantly likes to take pointless shots at people. Must be very bored with life. And I would also go with cat as being the type of animal they most likely resemble. However yeah, an amalgamation of several animals isn't far off either. Question for Sinue though, being an original PS 1-4 junkie myself, were Numans as they were originally called actually built from Myau's race? Being they had Myau's race in PSII but they no longer spoke. I recall some doctor made the first Numan from Human DNA but made to be more intelligent and superior, and to serve humans. Which was Neifirst and then Nei. Unless maybe this was explained differently in 4 somewhere, that being the only game I didn't play through all the way.

Ammy
Nov 28, 2006, 07:51 PM
Mine seems to have more of a dog quality than any other animal mostly, its definitely the ears

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ammy on 2006-11-28 16:51 ]</font>

VelosofLight
Nov 28, 2006, 07:57 PM
I wonder what a Beast's penis looks like. I've pictured them being sort of doggish in nature...

Nani-chan
Nov 28, 2006, 08:08 PM
Tapered with a knot.

A few I've seen have feline spines.

I mean.. I'd imagine them to be that way.. it's not like I've had sexal encounters with several beasts.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif;

VelosofLight
Nov 28, 2006, 08:10 PM
Do any have both...?

Also, do the spines hurt?

FenixStryk
Nov 28, 2006, 08:12 PM
I'd say they most closely resemble cats, at least the female ones. The males are more like lions.

DanMalak
Nov 28, 2006, 08:15 PM
I wouldn't say there cats, because Beasts are way to big and scary =(). They look as if they're in the cat family though, Like Grown-Up Simba from Lion King only on 2 legs that can do flips and stuff.XD

Nani-chan
Nov 28, 2006, 08:16 PM
Some, it genetics.

Not really, they know not to pull out to fast. Otherwise I have to get a embaressing time at the mechanic.

Doh42
Nov 28, 2006, 08:16 PM
On 2006-11-28 16:22, NightStorm wrote:
Dont worry Otis... Shimarisu cannot ever add anything positive. Just apparantly likes to take pointless shots at people. Must be very bored with life. And I would also go with cat as being the type of animal they most likely resemble. However yeah, an amalgamation of several animals isn't far off either. Question for Sinue though, being an original PS 1-4 junkie myself, were Numans as they were originally called actually built from Myau's race? Being they had Myau's race in PSII but they no longer spoke. I recall some doctor made the first Numan from Human DNA but made to be more intelligent and superior, and to serve humans. Which was Neifirst and then Nei. Unless maybe this was explained differently in 4 somewhere, that being the only game I didn't play through all the way.

Let's see if I recall my PS-lore.

In PS1, Myau talks a language that everyone understands, but s(he)'s been living with humans for a while.

In PS2, the musk cats (talking cats living on Dezolis) actually talk, Humans from Mota just can't understand their language. With the Magic/Mogic cap you could translate (correctly or not) their language.

In PS4, the super computer SEED, which is the last affected by Dark Force, has made Rika, the first Newman (Numan?), and refers to her as such and as his daughter & child. Also, the musk cats are back, and talk the same language as Chad and the other. If I recall, Myau is still alive, too.

Rika have beast-like ears, however.
Nei is more of a biomonster, not a newman. (Her name means "She who is not human", I think?)

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 28, 2006, 08:21 PM
WHen i go nano blast i think of myself as a Saiyan looking into the moon.... im the yellow speed tatoo btw

VelosofLight
Nov 28, 2006, 08:22 PM
Lawl at AlphaMinotaux. Please tell me you didn't name yourself SSJ something...

Unrelated PS: -is bored and wants to be IMed, PMed or something....-

Neith
Nov 28, 2006, 08:39 PM
Female Beast= Catlike, elements of Human left.
Male Beast= I always think of it as a cross between a Lion and an Ogre.

That's how I see Beasts anyway, but there's probably some link to an old PS game. Shame I haven't played all those yet.

DONTOSE
Nov 28, 2006, 08:51 PM
On 2006-11-28 17:39, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Female Beast= Catlike, elements of Human left.
Male Beast= I always think of it as a cross between a Lion and an Ogre.

That's how I see Beasts anyway, but there's probably some link to an old PS game. Shame I haven't played all those yet.

Male Beasts are more like super powered lions mixed with tigers, dogs,cats,and huge ass ogres.

Zorafim
Nov 28, 2006, 08:58 PM
They're Motavians.

Mikaga
Nov 29, 2006, 02:25 AM
*remembers the Legendary Cat/Dog argument of Entei/Raikou/Suicune*

Beasts are Gerbils!

Numans ... traditionally they were designed after Myau, a cat character.
Yes. But "Numans" are only from the classic series, really. Their resemblence to the Newmans of Online and Universe is cosmetic only - by the ear similarity.

Beyond that, Numans and Newmans are really different races. The former's magic capability was "poor" at best, instead traditionally getting aptitude with claws. The latter however are awful as anything BUT mages.

Hotobu
Nov 29, 2006, 02:32 AM
http://www.he-man.org/cartoon/cmotu-pop/universe/cringer-b.jpg

BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL!

Merumeru
Nov 29, 2006, 09:57 AM
XD i am not a species comparable to your house rodents, fools!

im gunna have to go with panther or lion >3

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 29, 2006, 10:10 AM
On 2006-11-28 17:58, Zorafim wrote:
They're Motavians.

http://www.phantasystarwiki.com/images/a/a3/Doran.gif

-Shimarisu-
Nov 29, 2006, 10:14 AM
They are a fictional race created for an online videogame with very spurious links to past games in the series.

Really, yes they are Motavians, but only in the sense of OLDER FANS WILL BUY THIS IF WE GIVE THE PLANETS SIMILAR NAMES. Who gives a damn what they are, really.

Blu_Swade
Nov 29, 2006, 10:15 AM
On 2006-11-28 16:16, Nani-chan wrote:
Furries! My guess is a lycanthropy were-lion variety.

mew merf yiff mew merf

What? Doesn't the term "Lycanthrope" imply wolf? Lemme' know if I'm wrong, I'd be happier being corrected than miscorrecting someone else...

*edit*

BTW, I remember reading in an interview with a developer or someone, that they were a throwback to the old motavians or whatever from the original PS, jus' like Zorafim and Shimarisu said.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blu_Swade on 2006-11-29 07:18 ]</font>

Zarbolord
Nov 29, 2006, 10:21 AM
Hmmmm... Neko desu ka? Inu desu ka? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

EnixBelmont
Nov 29, 2006, 10:31 AM
They're sort of like cats mixed with dogs mixed with humans. And they're REALLY ugly, most of the time >_>

But yeah. Ganjus FTW.

Magician
Nov 29, 2006, 10:40 AM
Gotta go with the Liger.

Akaimizu
Nov 29, 2006, 11:48 AM
Hehe. The infamous Liger!!!!

Funny enough, I even named my offline Beast Mufonna Tigre.

Yeah, Mufonna is basically a pairing of (Mufasa) and (Donna) together. Plus whenever you say the name, it sends Shivers down your spine, no????

Mufonna!!! Ooooooh!...................Say it again!

Anyway, I voted 'other" since like the Newmans, they are generally a human construct most likely grabbing various aspects from other mammal beasts to craft a strong and agile race. Phantasy Star (at least starting in 2) was always about the idea that any debate of morality behind cloning and biological crafts were never bothered with. They took the attitude of, if we can do it, and it's useful....then do it.

They're probably at least 60% human, and the rest whatever mammals best promote the purpose of the human derivative. Felines and Canines probably work well, in this regard, amongst other things; however, it would seem that the individual may take on a look that promotes any of the possible mammals for use, depending on the genetic makeup that was tailored for them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-11-29 08:49 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Nov 29, 2006, 12:39 PM
Question for Sinue though, being an original PS 1-4 junkie myself, were Numans as they were originally called actually built from Myau's race? Being they had Myau's race in PSII but they no longer spoke. I recall some doctor made the first Numan from Human DNA but made to be more intelligent and superior, and to serve humans. Which was Neifirst and then Nei.

Not specifically, no - they weren't. They're only listed as being a mixture of "Human and Biomonster" DNA. The reason why a lot of people associate Numans with Musk Cats is because they were designed to take the place of Myau. In the original PSII settei, there was another Musk Cat party member - but as the script changed and evolved, that character turned into Nei. Nei originally also had a tail - but it was decided at the last moment to cut it off.

As for who, in the storyline, made Numans - it's never stated specifically who started the project. Human scientists were involved, but it was also a project carried out at the Biosystems lab. Mother Brain would most likely have never allowed such experimentation without approval or guidance. So I, personally, believe it was the Earthmen who created Neifirst. The reasoning being simple - with no real war or strife throughout the system - what need is there of biosoldiers? Only the Earthmen would need them to help wipe out existing Mota population... female soldiers who cannot breed and also mature and die very very quickly. They were never intended to "serve" humans, though the humans who worked on the project may have seen them in another light. It was actually two of the scientists who worked on the project who saved Nei after she split from Neifirst and took her in... then later died as their home was raided and burnt out of fear of the biomonster child.

In PS1, Myau talks a language that everyone understands, but s(he)'s been living with humans for a while.

Myau was a bit of a freak of genetics... because he could also use magic, which very few of their race could do. You're right that few of the Skure musk cats could speak an understandable language - and the Musk Cats of Myst Vale could only speak because the "Old Man" taught them.

n PS4, the super computer SEED, which is the last affected by Dark Force, has made Rika, the first Newman

SEED was never infected by Dark Force. He self destructed because his task was completed, and the technology and knowladge he held could be dangerous in the wrong hands. It's not really explained in game, but it most likely has much to do with GENE (which SEED was a subsystem of) which created NM-2011 with the original purpose of destorying humanity. After GENE's destruction, SEED programed Numans to be docile partners to humanity - and to carry important genetic traits into the future so that later generations of Motavian humans could adapt to the changing climate.

If I recall, Myau is still alive, too.

That's still ambiguous - but I'm of the opinion that the Old Man in Myst Vale is -NOT- Myau.

Rika have beast-like ears, however.
Nei is more of a biomonster, not a newman. (Her name means "She who is not human", I think?)

Rika is a clone of Nei. Not a direct clone, she was "perfected" by SEED... but a clone all the same. Originally Nei was supposed to be in PSIV - but the decision was made to cut her. Tohru kept his designs, modified them, and colored the ears to give her a little more personality.

Yes. But "Numans" are only from the classic series, really. Their resemblence to the Newmans of Online and Universe is cosmetic only - by the ear similarity.

Unfortunately, that's mostly true - though they do share the same common link of "FOnewearl" through PSO. FOnewearl is kind of the prototype of the Newman race in PSU... though PSO also had a more traditional Numan girl... Sue, a HUnewearl.

So yes.. while PS Numans, PSO Numans, and PSU Neumans are all different breeds - they do all spring from the same design source, which has only been modified over time. In that way, the Neuman of PSU are still decended from Myau of PSI.

They're Motavians

According to Takao Miyoshi, that's partially true. Motavians were the inspiration race for the beasts of PSU. They went back to the original series to find more "Alien" life forms to inhabit their "Alien" worlds - and then proceeded to make these "Aliens" more human. Motavians eventually evolved into Beasts. Dezolians merged with Numen.

Really, yes they are Motavians, but only in the sense of OLDER FANS WILL BUY THIS IF WE GIVE THE PLANETS SIMILAR NAMES. Who gives a damn what they are, really.

Don't go pissing in my cheerios Shim ><!!!

Seriously, you've gone pretty batshit loco here over the past few months. I completely understand why tho, and I can symptathise.

Actually, I kinda like the change. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

MayLee
Nov 29, 2006, 12:47 PM
I always thought them to be somewhat of a lion.

Nietzsche
Nov 29, 2006, 01:10 PM
Maybe I'm a Lion...

GOD i have always wanted to work that into a conversation at least once http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
i dunno if you look at big jungle variety cats they are very broad and muscular, a tiger has to at least be what 500 lbs? so i'm gonna go with something along the lines of lion/tiger due to sheer mass

-Shimarisu-
Nov 29, 2006, 01:39 PM
I'll tell you what they are.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j104/shirubania/omgomg.jpg

They are fucking hawt, is what they are.

etlitch
Nov 29, 2006, 01:56 PM
From the ears, more like cows. The water buffalo kind of ones. That are used by people in china to plough their crops.

Akaimizu
Nov 29, 2006, 02:03 PM
On 2006-11-29 10:39, -Shimarisu- wrote:

I was expecting that one, heh heh. And that's precisely why I was a huge huge supporter for the "Please bring male Mithra to FFXI" group. I knew that they would be uber popular male eye candy (that is, true male, not girl-looking male), for a rather more deprived group of gamers. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Genobee
Nov 29, 2006, 04:06 PM
On 2006-11-29 10:39, -Shimarisu- wrote:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j104/shirubania/omgomg.jpg

He looks like that Flamers from queer eye for the straight guy.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 29, 2006, 04:16 PM
BY GOD, ARE YOU IMPLYING THAT MY CHARACTER LOOKS LIKE HE PREFERS THE COMPANY OF MEN???

DrewSeleski
Nov 29, 2006, 04:32 PM
just because a guy wears a tight shirt and big boots and hangs out all the time with men in bars doesn't make him gay
s-surely

Ryoki
Nov 29, 2006, 04:53 PM
ARE YOU SAYING I LOOK LIKE A CAT?

WELL YOU SIR, ARE A TOTAL JAC(Meow)S!

Goddamnit....

________
Trichomes pictures (http://trichomes.org)

Maskim
Nov 29, 2006, 06:16 PM
Other.

I posted this elsewhere, earlier, but it seems to fit this thread better. My new theory is that the Beast species are the result of genetically engineering human dna with old skool PS Moltavians. I figure the primitivemoatoobidol helps support this, as the beast's would have been born into an advanced world, and civilization. As such, there would be no primitive beast culture for this idol to come from, however...their predecessors would have had a primitive culture.

Genobee
Nov 29, 2006, 06:29 PM
On 2006-11-29 13:16, -Shimarisu- wrote:
BY GOD, ARE YOU IMPLYING THAT MY CHARACTER LOOKS LIKE HE PREFERS THE COMPANY OF MEN???

No I said he just looks like a Flamer, but he could be a Metro, I dunno

Nani-chan
Nov 29, 2006, 09:22 PM
I think he looks like he enjoys horsie rides with Parn twice a day!~
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Genobee
Nov 29, 2006, 09:33 PM
On 2006-11-29 18:22, Nani-chan wrote:
I think he looks like he enjoys horsie rides with Parn twice a day!~
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Ew....

Taris
Nov 30, 2006, 02:50 PM
I'd say a creepy mix of hamster or gerbil. What with the no tail and all. Some kind of Gerbster.

And the male nanoblast, which looks like it transforms them into the Radioactive Gerbster from the Seventh Layer of Hell.

But then again the female nanoblast makes them look more feline-ish. So there's got to be some cat in there somewhere. Because no scientist who COULD come up with a human-size anthropomorphic being WOULDN'T make a cat-ish girl at one point at another. (Males, the scientists couldn't care less, so they made them pure Gerbsters.)

That would make the females some kind of hamster-gerbil-cat hybrid. Yup, a Cerbster.

Ergo, we arrive at the reason humans made Beasts. To diggie-diggie a bunch of tunnels for them and find the goodies in the dirt, and accept payment in the form of sunflower seeds and cardboard toilet-tissue tubes that they can gnaw on.

*Ahem.*