PDA

View Full Version : CAST vs. Beast

KarlKahn
Nov 28, 2006, 07:30 PM
Well I'll be going online with PSU in a week or two and I have some blanks I would like filled in.

My two favorite classes are CAST's and Beasts. I know Beasts fairly well so far as I have one offline at Level 100 and just yesterday started a CAST.

What I want to know are what are some of the pros and cons of both of these characters that I may not know of? Here is what I know.

Beasts:

Pros

-Nanoblast (Lasts longer than SUV)
-High attack power
-Great for being a hunter.

Cons

-Low accuracy
-Can't heal during Nanoblast

CASTS:

Pros

-Great Accuracy and decent power.
-SUV weapons (Doesn't put you in a spot where you're vulnerable).
-Can easily be a hunter or ranger.

Cons

-SUV Weapons aren't really worth the time they take to charge (Personal opinion).
-Not as good as a beast when it comes to attack power

So what else is there? I know for sure I'm going to go FighGunner when the time comes, after checking PSUpedia FighGunners have the weapon layout I like best. This isn't for you to tell me what to pick, just the strengths and weaknesses that I don't know about.

Doh42
Nov 28, 2006, 07:48 PM
Let's see....

-While the SUV lacks the pure destructive power, you have to consider that every nanoblast, except purple, has to watch his own hide, while a Cast using SUV becomes immortal for the duration of the attack.
-Both of them remove all buffs and debuffs. Bad for those buff pills you just ate, but good to remove some annoying Burn effect.
-SUV acts as support, debuffing the larger monsters (attack down, paralysis, etc.)
-SUV can be interrupted, and can miss... you can't aim once it's started, and has a long pre-wind. Really annoying, because monsters start "ignoring you" (you're immortal, remember?) and going AWAY from you.

All in all, I'd say, Beast's Nano stomps SUVs anyday (worst case, pick purple and you won't have to worry about anything), but the "pure" stats of CASTs are way better than Beast's.

Consider Beasts better at spike damage (decent average, high damage spike) and Casts better at sustained damage (higher average, decent damage spike).

The accuracy isn't a big issue however, if the player is skilled, so it can turn into Beast being the best overall AND spike damage, making the cast look bad, but that's entirely based on player skill. (Also consider that Beast will fare better as mages, and are better at evasion and have more HP)

Personally, I'm glad I took beast, but none of the above was considered in my character selection. Catgirl. 'nuff said.
I suggest you do the same. Male beast look like large surfer guys with floppy ears. Male cast look like armored guys or robots. Which do you prefer?

EphekZ
Nov 28, 2006, 07:49 PM
Use a human

Skuda
Nov 28, 2006, 07:52 PM
Aesthetics are something to take into consideration.

No sense playing a character that you think looks ugly.

Edit: (unless that is what you're aiming for, of course http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skuda on 2006-11-28 16:52 ]</font>

DONTOSE
Nov 28, 2006, 07:53 PM
a beast can take on a human and a cast at the same time.

SolRiver
Nov 28, 2006, 07:54 PM
SUV = 1vsMany overlord
Nanoblast = 1vs1 destroyer

Then again, we haven't seen all the SUV out there. While nanoblast seem to be set.

btw, Magashi soloed a nanoblast with just 1 bomb.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2006-11-28 16:57 ]</font>

Alisha
Nov 28, 2006, 07:58 PM
casts are actually closer to humans than they are to beasts. saying a cast compares to a beast hunter is like saying a human force compares to a newman force except its worse because beasts have more hp.

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 28, 2006, 08:27 PM
Go for look. If u want stats then beasts is better. personally i think casts look awsome.

And the Beast acurracy is not a major downside. They can melee just fine, its when they start to shoot that you see the missing more than not.

Neith
Nov 28, 2006, 08:32 PM
On 2006-11-28 17:08, Nukei wrote:
I tried nanoblast, worse damage than my weap

Would love to know which Nanoblast that was. My defense one hits on average for 100 damage more than my weapon Photon Arts (Lv20 PAs, on a HU).

I need to try SUV, but from what I've seen, you can't alter the direction of the gun initially very well?

pionear
Nov 28, 2006, 08:32 PM
Just create both...you have four slots for characters!

KiteWolfwood
Nov 28, 2006, 08:56 PM
I wonder how many hits Grom buster does. Mine does around 450 each hit. Have never really counted how many times it hits though. Plus when it crits it is like 600+ damage. I usually see Nanoblast doing 250ish a hit. The delay of attacks is almost sword like. So who knows which is better. Doesn't really matter since whatever it is is usually dead after 3 beasts go Nanoblast and 3 Casts unleash Grom Buster.

Personally I kinda am jealous of Nanoblasts since you can move around as a big cat thing an hit stuff. I just go into Photon Blast cut scene mode an blast stuff.

KarlKahn
Nov 28, 2006, 09:02 PM
Well I'm leaning more toward a Beast, I love playing as a Beast but I've always had a love for CAST's since PSO. I got a week or so before my Broadband Adapter comes in, so I'll play around with the CAST more and see what I can learn.

Also, are there more clothes online than what is selectable or buyable offline?

Hotobu
Nov 28, 2006, 09:24 PM
Everyone's been chiming in, but they seem to have missed the most important part of the post. Kahn said he wanted to be a FiGunner. If that's the case there's no question, it's Cast hands down. Beast are best for pure melee, but it's a proven fact they have the worst accuracy out of all 4 classes, so if you plan on actually hitting anything with those guns pick the cast.

Merumeru
Nov 28, 2006, 09:37 PM
XD when my beast was a ranger it didnt miss things that badly, then again, im not a percentage scientist so who knows~

all class have their ups and downs, make both and then pick what you think appeals to you more after playing them both a bit? XP

lordzanon
Nov 28, 2006, 09:54 PM
keep in mind beasts get a bonus for being hunters and casts a bonus for being rangers.

Nietzsche
Nov 28, 2006, 10:01 PM
I wonder how many hits Grom buster does. Mine does around 450 each hit. Have never really counted how many times it hits though. Plus when it crits it is like 600+ damage. I usually see Nanoblast doing 250ish a hit. The delay of attacks is almost sword like. So who knows which is better. Doesn't really matter since whatever it is is usually dead after 3 beasts go Nanoblast and 3 Casts unleash Grom Buster.

not gonna knock SUV in the least however just thought i'd mention that at 46 Beast Hunter my normal hits in nanoblast are 450+ and crits go 850-1000, i actually put up a 1032 today http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
but i would say that honestly both races can handle a range of jobs really well, both have big pros as well as cons and what you plan to do with your character will only be limited by your actual skill and willingness to equip yourself well.

VelosofLight
Nov 28, 2006, 10:05 PM
I'm still waiting on rare SUV-Weapons... I want one that is a single-shot attack that's just devastating, for use on bosses. Like a nuke launcher or something.

Hotobu
Nov 28, 2006, 10:21 PM
That would still take a backseat to an ACTUAL oversized SUV dropping from the SKY and landing on the target of your choice while you get in the driver's seat and run back and forth over it several times.

Hell better yet summon a sport utility vehicle where you and your party load up giving you the ability to drive over enemies FOR GREAT JUSTICE giving you kill shots and your teamates secondary EXP.

Sonic Team here's my number (XXX) XXX-XXXX give me a call. I rock.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hotobu on 2006-11-28 19:25 ]</font>

SolRiver
Nov 28, 2006, 10:27 PM
Lv25 HUcast in B rank mission (lv35+ mobs) hit for 300+~400+ (2-4 times) with hegel buster. (sweeping gatling cannon) Decent chance of Jellen.
Lv25 HUcast in B rank mission (lv35+ mobs) hit for 200+~300+ (4-6 times, but if it was a big monsters, 8+ times) with groom buster. (focus split laser) Very high chance of shock.

When SUV just come down from thin air, you can change your direction about 30 degree or so before it fires.

The hegel buster SUV slow down in some specific angle, so they hit harder in those angles.
The groom buster is stronger in closer range (against small mobs), as mobs get send flying across the room, and if too far, groom cant hit. If the target don't fly, all the better.

Basically, SUV is quite powerful, but if you sux and miss... you better play a beast.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2006-11-28 19:33 ]</font>

KarlKahn
Nov 29, 2006, 04:19 PM
The only reason I'm going FiGunner is because of the S-Rank Hunter weapons. I want to be able to use the S-Rank daggers and all of that.

Vhex
Nov 29, 2006, 04:51 PM
When it comes down to stats:

HP: Beast > CAST
EVP: Beast > CAST
ATP: Beast > CAST
TP: Beast > CAST
ATA: Beast < CAST
DFP: Beast < CAST

For me ATA does not pose at problem at all. I rarely miss as a beast. The EVP of casts however is annoying. I feel Beasts are just generally superior to CAST as hunters or forces. Beasts even make decent rangers since they have huge ATP.
Nanoblast is harder to miss with, and does more damage than SUV. At level 50, I do an average 800 per hit on regular enemies, and crit 1.5k. And you can't go without heals for 50 seconds you really do suck. =P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vhex on 2006-11-29 13:53 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vhex on 2006-11-29 14:02 ]</font>

Jasam
Nov 29, 2006, 04:56 PM
One thats often missed

CASTS

Con: Extra Slot has to be used for SUV if you want it

If you said ForteFighter.... Beast wins hands down imo
Figunner however, you have low ata double sabers, and guns to use, CASTS ATA could make this up.
Personly I think its pritty close, but SUV's may as well be wiped out of the equation untill we get some better ones

MontyNice
Nov 29, 2006, 05:01 PM
On 2006-11-28 16:49, darkgunner wrote:
Use a human

Second that...

panzer_unit
Nov 29, 2006, 05:06 PM
Casts are a close second to Beasts for ATP
Beasts are a distant 4th to Casts for ATA
Both have very high DFP and low TAP, EVP, MST compared to Humans and Newmans
... I'd favor Casts for basic stats.

Nanoblast is a much more flexible and useful ability than SUV. It charges faster, doesn't require an armor slot, and you're pretty sure to get full value out of it every time you use it. On the other hand, don't ask your Beast friend if he's impressed after you totally waste his nanoblast form by wiping out a whole fight with your SUV.

Vhex
Nov 29, 2006, 05:11 PM
On 2006-11-29 14:06, panzer_unit wrote:
Casts are a close second to Beasts for ATP
Beasts are a distant 4th to Casts for ATA
Both have very high DFP and low TAP, EVP, MST compared to Humans and Newmans
... I'd favor Casts for basic stats.

Nanoblast is a much more flexible and useful ability than SUV. It charges faster, doesn't require an armor slot, and you're pretty sure to get full value out of it every time you use it. On the other hand, don't ask your Beast friend if he's impressed after you totally waste his nanoblast form by wiping out a whole fight with your SUV.

Basic Stat: Evp. CASTs don't have any. Beasts do not have low EVP more along the lines of average. The only Stats Casts have over Beast is DEF and ATA. I find ATA useless, and the DEF difference is not even noticable damage-wise.
Casts may have more ATP than other classes but they are not in any way a close second to beasts. Get your facts straight.

panzer_unit
Nov 29, 2006, 05:24 PM
Meh a Beast's EVP advantage isn't good enough to beat straight-up damage reduction, and from what I've seen beasts are noticably worse than the humans for evading, among all the characters I roll with.

As a Cast hunter there were plenty of times I was happy to have good racial ATA and a Yohmei weapon on top of that. Much better to turn some of those 0's into 200's (never mind making sure you connect with the second hit of your PA combos) than do maybe an extra 10% damage on every hit.

Vhex
Nov 29, 2006, 05:26 PM
On 2006-11-29 14:24, panzer_unit wrote:
Meh a Beast's EVP advantage isn't good enough to beat straight-up damage reduction, and from what I've seen beasts are noticably worse than the humans for evading, among all the characters I roll with.

As a Cast hunter there were plenty of times I was happy to have good racial ATA and a Yohmei weapon on top of that. Much better to turn some of those 0's into 200's (never mind making sure you connect with the second hit of your PA combos) than do maybe an extra 10% damage on every hit.

I rarely miss.

panzer_unit
Nov 29, 2006, 05:32 PM
There are ways to work around low accuracy... back shots always hit, but that's not to say ATA is always an unimportant stat.

Pengfishh
Nov 29, 2006, 05:38 PM
"-SUV Weapons aren't really worth the time they take to charge (Personal opinion). "

I usually get two or three SUV charges per mission.

Kenshin075
Nov 29, 2006, 05:43 PM
On 2006-11-29 14:26, Vhex wrote:

I rarely miss.

If you, as a beast hunter rarely miss that must mean casts never miss right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I have to tell you I'm a cast hunter and I miss, there must be something wrong if you honestly believe you "rarely miss." It sounds like you just want to justify beasts as the best hunter race than anything else.

Candor
Nov 29, 2006, 06:04 PM
BEAST!

Xiber
Nov 29, 2006, 06:04 PM
CAST!

Saito S
Nov 29, 2006, 06:30 PM
CAST!

...but that's just my personal preference, based on both style and abilities. That doesn't mean I think Casts are the "objectively superior" Hunter...I think, as some others have said, the advantages and disadvantages balance each other out overall. In the end, Casts and Beasts (and Humans too, for that matter) can all excel as a Hunter, just for different reasons. Hell, Newmans can be effective Hunters, I've seen it more than once...more difficult to play, and less effective than the other races, perhaps, but still FAR from ineffective or worthless. And the boatload of evade Newmans get makes it interesting, too.

I do have to say, though, to those who shrug off ATA as a worthless stat...some of those S-rank missions, once they're available, will change your mind quick. Enemy evade gets INSANE in some cases. O_O

I would say - even though I prefer Casts - that the Nanoblast is probably a bit more versatile, whereas SUV does a lot of damage but it's just one shot then it's over. Thought the status effects are nice. Too bad it takes that extra armor slot.
Having said all that, SUV weapons still rock. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Genobee
Nov 29, 2006, 06:38 PM
lol beasts win because while your stuck with SUV's in the extra slot, I'll have my Nano Blast and my Whitil Wings, thats why Beasts win

KarlKahn
Nov 29, 2006, 06:40 PM
As far as the "type" goes, I don't see why FiGunner is called FiGunner, you can't use any S-rank guns and it is more geared toward a "hunter" style of fighting. I'd go ForteFighter, but I want to be able to use S-Rank Daggers and Sabers. And according to this...

http://www.psupedia.org/index.php?title=Types

...you can't with ForteFighter.

I don't know, maybe I'll go with ForteFighter since I don't plan to use guns very much, if at all. I know they can come in handy in certain situations, but to me ForteFighter seems to be missing a lot on from a "hunter" point of view. No Double Sabers, Claws to me are too ineffective when compared to other weapons, although I do love Swords, but I would settle for an A-Rank sword to be able to use S-Rank Daggers, Twin Sabers, and Double Sabers.

Thank you all for your comments, and if anyone has any information on ForteFighters and FiGunners for Beats and CAST's it would definitely be appreciated.

Lastat27
Nov 29, 2006, 06:49 PM
I'm going to give CAST some loving with this post and get some facts straight as far as whats been posted in this thread.

When SUV just come down from thin air, you can change your direction about 30 degree or so before it fires.

While your SUV is activating you can actually rotate your SUV weapon a full 360 degrees before it initiatews firing sequence (at least on the PS2 anyways).

Con: Extra Slot has to be used for SUV if you want it

While this is true, there may be one thing not many people are aware of: You can switch SUV weapons / Extra slot units at any time during a mission AND still keep your SUV gauge filled.

Example: Equip your Grom Buster and kill mobs until your SUV gauge starts to fill up. If you have taken significant damage you can switch your extra slot unit to a Me / Restore and your SUV gauge will stay as full as when you left it. Bonus! This allows you to switch between SUV weapons as well to use the best one for each situation.

And as far as accuracy goes, at the moment C - A Rank mobs really aren't that evasive. We'll see how much CAST's 10,000% more accuracy helps on S Rank missions.

ShinMaruku
Nov 29, 2006, 07:04 PM
On 2006-11-28 16:49, darkgunner wrote:
Use a posthuman

Fixed.

Turambar
Nov 29, 2006, 07:31 PM
One thing on SUVs. The damage of the SUV is dependent on ATP. I base that off of the about 600 avg damage I was hitting I was when I finally hit HU10, and the 450-500 avg damage I reverted to when I switched back to a RA10 in the same level.

And the Grom Buster its 10 times, to whoever asked that, half the thread up.

DONTOSE
Nov 29, 2006, 07:38 PM
a beasts nanoblasts can take out a suv weapon like its made of paper,Ill slice you and dice you with my superior power I can crush you!!! ha ha ha ha ha!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DONTOSE on 2006-11-29 16:40 ]</font>

Bleemo
Nov 29, 2006, 07:39 PM
On 2006-11-29 16:38, DONTOSE wrote:
a beasts nanoblasts can take out a suv weapon like its made of paper,Ill slice you and dice you with my superior power Ill can crush you!!! ha ha ha ha ha!

You amuse me.

Your profile amuses me more.

I can't figure out if you're acting or being serious. But who cares? You're amusing. Very.

Vorpal
Nov 29, 2006, 07:44 PM
Personally I perfer Beasts, since Spears have good ATA anyways, and that extra damage helps a lot also.

Though Casts would do better with double daggers maybe.

DONTOSE
Nov 29, 2006, 07:45 PM
On 2006-11-29 16:39, Bleemo wrote:

On 2006-11-29 16:38, DONTOSE wrote:
a beasts nanoblasts can take out a suv weapon like its made of paper,Ill slice you and dice you with my superior power Ill can crush you!!! ha ha ha ha ha!

You amuse me.

Your profile amuses me more.

I can't figure out if you're acting or being serious. But who cares? You're amusing. Very.

this is what i know im the strongest and the most powerful of them all! and no one can take that away

Garnet_Moon
Nov 29, 2006, 07:46 PM
On 2006-11-28 16:30, KarlKahn wrote:
Beasts:

Pros

-Nanoblast (Lasts longer than SUV)
-High attack power
-Great for being a hunter.

Cons

-Low accuracy
-Can't heal during Nanoblast
1. True.
2. True.
3. True.

4. Not a factor that should be considered unless you're fighting mobs too early for your level. And everyone has this same handicap.
5. Not a factor if you have a brain and a little common sense.

CASTS:

Pros

-Great Accuracy and decent power.
-SUV weapons (Doesn't put you in a spot where you're vulnerable).
-Can easily be a hunter or ranger.

Cons

-SUV Weapons aren't really worth the time they take to charge (Personal opinion).
-Not as good as a beast when it comes to attack power
1. True.
2. Again, who cares? If you have a brain you're not in danger even without god mode.
3. Sure.

4. Anticipate enemy movement and when you see the numbers it's worth it.
5. Yep. Not even close.

So what else is there? I know for sure I'm going to go FighGunner when the time comes, after checking PSUpedia FighGunners have the weapon layout I like best. This isn't for you to tell me what to pick, just the strengths and weaknesses that I don't know about.

Cast makes the best Figunner. High ATA, Fairly high ATP. Two prime categories for Figunners who use all the weapons they can equip.

Beast makes a strong Figunner when you're not underleveled for a zone. The closer your level is to the mobs level the better you're going to be than that Figunner Cast next to you.

Cast can make Figunner work under any circumstance.

Beast makes it work when you aren't too under leveled for the mission.

Vorpal
Nov 29, 2006, 07:47 PM
On 2006-11-29 16:45, DONTOSE wrote:
this is what i know im the strongest and the most powerful of them all! and no one can take that away

Your not the strongest lol.

And a admin can easily strip your "powers".

lokijam
Nov 29, 2006, 09:48 PM
so when u say ATA is not an issue, are you saying u like seeing 0's 1 out of every 4 attacks beause thats basically the amount your hitting as a beast. Its all how u like to play, if u like higher dmg go beast, if u like hitting more with less dmg go cast.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 29, 2006, 09:53 PM
On 2006-11-29 18:48, lokijam wrote:
so when u say ATA is not an issue, are you saying u like seeing 0's 1 out of every 4 attacks beause thats basically the amount your hitting as a beast. Its all how u like to play, if u like higher dmg go beast, if u like hitting more with less dmg go cast.

Everyone gets zeros.
You get more with a larger gap between your level and the mobs level.

If you wait to do a mission whtn things are only 5 levels above you, and not 10, ATA isn't an issue.

If you do it at 10, then yes, as a Beast you're going to miss alot... but guess what: So will that Cast.

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 29, 2006, 09:58 PM
For people saying there Weps do more damage then there Nano... WTF? Are you equiping S ranks? My Power Nano Does 750+ on normal enemys and 400+ on boss's. I dont Miss at all.

Lastat27
Nov 29, 2006, 11:04 PM
Beast
Nanoblast = 50 seconds

CAST
SUV weapon = 10 seconds

A Beast clearly outdamages the SUV weapon over the course of 50 seconds. A CAST however, once finished firing his SUV, continues to shoot with regular weapons for the remainding 40 seconds that you are still Nanoblasting.

Nanoblast - 500 damage per attack x 20 ~ 25 attacks. You usually nail out a good 12,000 - 15,000 including critical hits in 50 seconds.

SUV - 500 ~ 800 damage x 10 attacks dealing a total of 5,000 - 8,000 damage over 10 seconds. After the SUV is finished, you begin shooting your Rifle non-stop for 100-300 damage a second for the next 40 seconds.

Honestly, at the end of 50 seconds, both of these special abilities are pretty even. Most people just don't seem to count the last 40 seconds a CAST is still attacking.

A Beast will most likely do more damage then a CAST to a single target after 50 seconds, but really, not by much. Considering most single targets you will be Nanoblasting on are mini-boses/bosses in which a CAST will be shooting at its "weak spots" keeping damage similar to Beasts. And against multiple targets, it all depends how many mobs the SUV can hit, and how many times it hits them before they are knocked out of range.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lastat27 on 2006-11-29 20:11 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Nov 30, 2006, 01:28 AM
I'm a beast going Figunner, I don't care what all these people say about Casts being best Figunner, I think it's BS. Figunner is basically a hunter class, not a ranger class, and it gets bonuses like a hunter as well as ranger. If you get the class up to level 10 the bonus to ATA will make even a Beast rarely miss. The ATA isn't even as bad as people make it out to be, and if you're any good, just hit enemies from behind, it never misses, problem solved!

THE JACKEL

Weeaboolits
Nov 30, 2006, 02:17 AM
remember that Beasts have high atp and get to equip stronger melees sooner, and casts have high ata so they get better guns sooner.

KarlKahn
Dec 1, 2006, 11:29 PM
The main things I'm torn between now are looks, and what online will bring to that. Are the special parts that can be added to a CAST? Like the thing Magashi has on his back? What are the clothes like online so far? And is there anywhere where there is a list breaking down all of the known SUV Weapons? I'd be interested to see that.

Vhex
Dec 1, 2006, 11:57 PM
Not gonna lie here, Male casts get badass parts, but the ladies love the beast ears. =3

ethereal
Dec 2, 2006, 01:42 AM
gah, all male casts seem to have a phanny pack on there asses >.>

SolRiver
Dec 2, 2006, 02:37 AM
http://www.psupedia.org/index.php?title=Clothes_and_Parts

http://www.psupedia.org/index.php?title=Image:Male_Parts.jpg

http://www.psupedia.org/index.php?title=Image:Male_Clothes.jpg

Most of them are not online yet.

Arieta
Dec 2, 2006, 03:26 AM
Honestly, anyone who complains about Beasts having low ATA as a main reason not to play one, is silly. My beast rarly misses, it's not like I'm missing every other hit like most people think we do. If I do a full combo with my twin daggers I *might* miss once. It's not that bad really. Everyone misses a little bit, the only time that you would really notice it is if you're fighting mobs way over your head. And even then everyone would miss a lot.

When I was working on my ranger levels with my beast, again I didn't miss that much. Every few hits with my twin handguns a 0 might come up, but it won't like I was getting flooded with 0's. With only one level in Ranger I was doing 120-150x2 damage per attack with my twin handguns (5* grinded 4 times) which I found to be impressive for a ranger. It almost made me want to make a beast ranger since I was hitting a lot harder then my Cast ranger friends using the same guns (they were doing like 100-110x2)

Gnomes
Dec 2, 2006, 03:41 AM
i like those rappy costums

lordzanon
Dec 2, 2006, 09:30 AM
oh brother, out of all those who posted they just tossed out what they prefer and not what are known facts.

Fact: Beast get stat bonuses as Hunter and fortefighters, they range from 3% and less per each stat. This is what makes a beast hunter a good choice if your so darn focused on wanting to be the" best" and do the "best dmg" . Also Most melee weps have very high ata. which is the reasons why players with beast claim they do not miss alot. Plus at lv 60 a reg beast hunter has only 100 less ata than a cast due to bonuses but has over 100 atp than a cast.
Fact: Cast get bonuses for being a ranger. at lvl 60 a beast ranger only has like 60 hp more than a cast ranger and only has 30 atp more than a cast ranger, however has 300 less ata. range weps have very low ata compared to melee weps.
Fact: Only HUmans get stat bonuses for being a figunner, both cast and beast do not. so both can be good at being figunners..

this is for people who just wanna be the " the best" at a class, for those like me who just dont give a damn we choose a char we like and BE WHAT WE WANNA BE AND DONT CARE IF WERE NOT DOING THE BEST DMG.

so seriously choose your char that you like.

lordzanon
Dec 2, 2006, 09:34 AM
http://forums.psupedia.org/viewtopic.php?t=39

to get an idea of how different chars are depending their job.

Arieta
Dec 2, 2006, 09:43 AM
Those stats are wrong btw. At least for the hunters, they're based on the old stats before they got changed for the JP's (and the xbox). Reason why is because the old hunter stats were pretty much the same as Fortfighter. So they changed the hunter stats so they didn't have to buff up Fortfighter to make it even stronger then it already is.

Merumeru
Dec 2, 2006, 10:04 AM
low accuracy has always been the bane of high power XD its the balancer, but by no means is it something to discard a whole race for http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif you cant expect the whole package, but you cant think its garbage if u dont get good everything XP

Jasam
Dec 2, 2006, 10:31 AM
Most people who say they "don't miss much" with their beasts, are cirtainly NOT playing S rank missions.
If your trying to think in the long term, then you will *probably* see beasts struggleing to hit with some of the FiGunner weapond (Double sabers have low ata from what i have heard)
As for SUV vs NanoBlast.... NanoBlast will always come on top due to not using an extra slot at all, unless we get some pritty spectacular SUVs that outdo the use of an extra slot.

I think Its pritty balenced, but overall ForteFighters will be best as Beasts, with CASTS a close second, and visa versa for FiGunner, if we look at say level 75+ doing S rank Missions...

The obvious solutuin would be to make BOTH if you have the time while waiting for ST to update, so when one finaly shines above the other you won't be left behind http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

MayLee
Dec 2, 2006, 11:04 AM
CASTS don't make good Forces to me and you have to cast esta on a Cast like a million times for it to be fully restored..what's up with that?

HiKeRI
Dec 2, 2006, 12:01 PM
In my opinion, CAST future SUV's could have a giant buff with the DMG, and maybe there will be rare SUV's that may give ATP (plus AoE and additional effect, like Stun, Para, Conf etc) and still have a special effect around them (Whitil wing, or electricity running around you etc.) While Beast just stays with Nanoblast and just be... Nanoblast o.O;

EDIT: In my last Opinion, Beast is strong, but Casts are very usefull (Or atleast haves that spark to be in the future) Cast wont never be as strong as Beast, but they will be "more" usefull than Beast.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HiKeRI on 2006-12-02 09:10 ]</font>

KarlKahn
Dec 2, 2006, 02:54 PM
You all make very good points, it's going to be hard to choose. Pointless though if I can't figure out why the PS2 won't recognize the Broadband Adaptor.

Vhex
Dec 2, 2006, 04:35 PM
On 2006-12-02 07:31, Jasam wrote:
Most people who say they "don't miss much" with their beasts, are cirtainly NOT playing S rank missions.
If your trying to think in the long term, then you will *probably* see beasts struggleing to hit with some of the FiGunner weapond (Double sabers have low ata from what i have heard)
As for SUV vs NanoBlast.... NanoBlast will always come on top due to not using an extra slot at all, unless we get some pritty spectacular SUVs that outdo the use of an extra slot.

I think Its pritty balenced, but overall ForteFighters will be best as Beasts, with CASTS a close second, and visa versa for FiGunner, if we look at say level 75+ doing S rank Missions...

The obvious solutuin would be to make BOTH if you have the time while waiting for ST to update, so when one finaly shines above the other you won't be left behind http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

No. Thats only if you have some kind of obscure level gap. Beasts don't even miss that much in S ranks if they aren't way out of place level-wise. Beasts are natually better at CASTs at being hunter and CASTs than Beasts at ranger. Casts can be decent hunters, but Beasts are the best.