PDA

View Full Version : With only so many PA/tech slots....

Pentence
Nov 28, 2006, 07:41 PM
What do you plan to fill it with and why?

I dont know who knows this or not but once all techs and PAs are released there wont be a possability of holding them all.Unless ST decides to increase the amount of slots we will have to make scrifices.
SO who here has a game plan?

VelosofLight
Nov 28, 2006, 07:52 PM
Wait, you can only know a set number of Photon Arts?! I didn't know this!

Remedy
Nov 28, 2006, 07:52 PM
3 Bow arrows (Fire/Shock/Darkness)
33 Technics (Probably passing up Zonde, and two random Nosu techs)

GosamerWings
Nov 28, 2006, 08:00 PM
Well, I know one thing I don't have any plans of having a sword tech in there lol. I don't know what it is, just something about the new way sword handles (combined with the flinch rate of enemies and the reach of the normal combo) doesn't make me want it. I preffer to avoid weapons where the only factor they have thats plausible, is the special move. I know some will say I'm stupid, and don't know how to use sword, but if you can't really use the swings to set up to use your pa then your just spaming the pa.

Ravennittes
Nov 28, 2006, 08:03 PM
All bow skills, dropping zonde, some debuffs, barta and anything else that sucks.

VelosofLight
Nov 28, 2006, 08:04 PM
Please tell me you can unlearn PAs that you don't want anymore...

FenixStryk
Nov 28, 2006, 08:07 PM
I'm pretty much gonna focus on my Bullet PAs with a side of Skills. I'll overwrite my TECHs (once you max out your PA number, you can overwrite them) if I run into problems.

Zorafim
Nov 28, 2006, 08:08 PM
Each weapon can only have one PA equipped. Chances are, a hunter's only going to have four max. With three hunter type jobs, that's 12 PAs. Rangers will probably have every element for their weapon, and again only use two or three weapons. 24 PAs there, more or less. So, just don't level force and you're golden.

Oh, and you'll be prompted to forget a PA if you can't learn any more, ala pokémon.

Pentence
Nov 28, 2006, 08:08 PM
On 2006-11-28 17:04, VelosofLight wrote:

I am positive that you can overwrite them with another PA.

peenk
Nov 28, 2006, 08:10 PM
On 2006-11-28 17:00, GosamerWings wrote:
Well, I know one thing I don't have any plans of having a sword tech in there lol. I don't know what it is, just something about the new way sword handles (combined with the flinch rate of enemies and the reach of the normal combo) doesn't make me want it. I preffer to avoid weapons where the only factor they have thats plausible, is the special move. I know some will say I'm stupid, and don't know how to use sword, but if you can't really use the swings to set up to use your pa then your just spaming the pa.

Its not stupid.
I have same problem with sword that is I think they fucking GIMPED IT.
Spears are great though so I kinda think they took away some leetness of swords and sort of poured it into what used to be the long-sword in PSO(Vjayaandwhatnotforgottheexactnames).
Next time you see they on street kick his ass!

VelosofLight
Nov 28, 2006, 08:12 PM
On 2006-11-28 17:08, Pentence wrote:

On 2006-11-28 17:04, VelosofLight wrote:

I am positive that you can overwrite them with another PA.

So just like [B]oards then, huh? Okay, I guess that works. It'd be sad to have to delete a level-20 PA just because you're bored with it or something though. I mean, I have my Dagger PA at level 10 on my Ranger, but I want the new one...

Randomness
Nov 28, 2006, 08:14 PM
Probably going to skip over Nosus, and the Zonde series except for buff/debuff. Some other techs, just want room for about 6 or 7 other PAs, bullets for bow/wand, and dagger/twin dagger.

KiteWolfwood
Nov 28, 2006, 08:59 PM
I have like every bullet I need with some that I accidentally got and I have my Spear, Dagger, and Saber PA's. That only put me up to like 11 or so. Sheesh I wonder what I will fill the empty spots with.

DONTOSE
Nov 28, 2006, 09:14 PM
i also have a lot of space left about 7 empty spots left because all i did was learn almost all the melee pa's and some spells.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 28, 2006, 11:44 PM
35 spells, and 1 bow skill http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif droping that POS Zonde http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif amazing how so far everybody said they are droping zonde...

it fails as a spell, barta is much better.

they need to remake zonde big time make it like the old zonde so you can hit air enemies with it.

Hotobu
Nov 28, 2006, 11:49 PM
If I had known how everyone hated Zonde I wouldn't have made that the first bullet I bought. Still though the ability to take away physical attacks isn't all bad is it?

Remedy
Nov 28, 2006, 11:56 PM
On 2006-11-28 20:49, Hotobu wrote:
If I had known how everyone hated Zonde I wouldn't have made that the first bullet I bought. Still though the ability to take away physical attacks isn't all bad is it?Lightning bullets are fantastic.

Zonde, the Technic, is pitiful.

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 29, 2006, 12:19 AM
O.o
I thought that skills and Technic and Bullets all have their own 36 limits.
Like you can carry 36 PA, all 36 Technic, and 36 bullets... am I wrong?

Gamemako
Nov 29, 2006, 12:22 AM
I'm not dropping Zonde. Instead I'm not getting Dus Daggas. Fucking Dus Daggas.

...OK, I'm dropping Zonde when I get a replacement lightning spell for my lightning rod (bahaha, I made a funny). Seriously, how does a regular tech deal less damage than its ra variant?

I as a wartecher will have one bow skill, one or two card skills, one pistol skill, a stack of techs (razonde, gifoie, resta, buffs, debuffs, so on and so forth -- my foie is already level 20, and it deals as much damage as diga anyway), both double dagger skills, rising crush, maybe the second twin claw PA just to be a jackass (since they're so friggin worthless).

My alt will be a human protranser who primarily uses axes and grenade launchers. Why? BECAUSE I CAN, BITCH. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

//EDIT: And it's 36 total. Which really sucks for us Wartechers who do literally everything.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gamemako on 2006-11-28 21:23 ]</font>

galaxy
Nov 29, 2006, 12:55 AM
I plan to switch between wartecher and fortetecher on the same guy, so... I'll have 5 or 6 weapon skills (2 saber, 2 dagger, 2 double dagger probly) and 30 techs. I most likely won't get debuffs, or i'll replace some spell i never use (like...oh...zonde. haha) with one of the more useful debuffs. or i'll switch some buffs i never use with some debuffs i might use. we'll see how it'll work.

Lastat27
Nov 29, 2006, 07:09 AM
As a Fortegunner I will use:

Bullets
Rifle x 6
Shotgun x 6
Laser Cannon x 6
Grenade Launcher x 6
Handgun x 6

Skills
Dagger x 3
Saber x 3

Total

Each of my guns will have every element (Fire, Ice, Lightning, Earth, Dark, Light) leveled to 30. My Skills will be maxed at level 10. I chose both a Dagger and Saber because: Dagger knocks enemies to the ground while Saber knocks enemies into the air. Both are good for different mob types. There are currently 3 Skills for each melee weapon "Offline" so I base my plan around that.

Diablohead
Nov 29, 2006, 07:14 AM
skills to level 10 is pretty quick, its when you remove a lv20+ skill thats a pain.

At least you can make another character and dedicate them to swords instead of daggers or something.

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 29, 2006, 07:31 AM
i got it pretty hard, I have a Guntecher and a Wartecher. Lemme see, for Guntecher, 6 Twin Handguns, 6 Crossbows, 6 Machineguns, Resta, Agtal, Defdal, Foie, Rafoie, Gifoie, Damfoie, Diga, Radiga, Barta, Rabarta, and I'm not sure on the rest. As for the Wartecher, Renkai Buyouzan, and I think Ice and Dark Magic as well as the buffing spells will take priority.

Merumeru
Nov 29, 2006, 09:47 AM
Going to specialize in Lightning/Fire for my guns, and then all the PAs a Protranser can hold i suppose http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Kanore
Nov 29, 2006, 09:49 AM
As a Fortecher... these will be a must:
Resta, Reverser, Giresta
Foie, Razonde, Rabarta, Grants, Megid, Megiverse, Diga, Radiga.
Can't think of anymore for now.

Oh, and also all the Bow skills. I'm too lazy to get the others, I only have Ice and Lightning and they aren't even maxed yet.

PureEntropy
Nov 29, 2006, 10:11 AM
You like Barta more than Zonde? Barta is the trash spell in my book for one main reason:

Leveling it up is ridiculous - I've been using it more than any other spell JUST to level it up and it's only level 5 or so.

Whereas zonde is fast, can still hit multiple enemies, and it's status effect seems to happen more often than not.

As for the photon arts, I'll keep my cold bullet PA and then pick and choose as I get the newer spells.

I have a question though, do you lose all the experience and levels of a PA if you replace it with another one? As in, if you buy that PA again, do you have to start all over?

Zarbolord
Nov 29, 2006, 10:14 AM
My guntecher will not use debuffs, that's all there is http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Buffs and effect giver is enough for the good cast http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Kupi
Nov 29, 2006, 02:12 PM
I'm going Fortecher. I recently mapped out what PAs I (theoretically) will wind up with in the end. Just today, in fact. This is what I came up with:

All six Bullets for Bows and Cards. I may wind up using Cards as backup weapons mid-level (using a Rod for Resta and Reverser), and I want to be sure I can match my elemental output to the enemies. Same thing goes for Bows, only for bosses. Presumably, there's going to be a boss in every element, so I'll want to hit them in the weak point for NOT REALLY MASSIVE AT ALL DAMAGE from as far away as I can be, since my Fortecher-caliber DEF won't stand up to boss attacks.

That's 12/36 so far.

As a character statement, I'll also take all six Light spells, regardless of utility. Kupi (the character) is a cleric-type, so I'm loading up on every kind of holy magic I can get.

That makes 18/36.

Since you can put four Techs on a rod for a 12% (16%?) increase in damage, I'll be sure to take at least four Techs of each element. In most cases, this means the buff, the debuff, and two of the "advanced" techs, like so:

Fire: Agtal, Agdeal, Damfoie, Rafoie.
Lightning: Zodial, Zoldeel, Razonde, Noszonde.
Earth: Dizas, Diga, Radiga, Nosdiga
Ice: Deband, Zalure, Rabarta, Dambarta

34/36 total.

Finally, there's dark techs to consider. Since I've got Resta and Giresta both, I don't necessarily need Megiverse, and having all the other buffs renders Megistar more of a convenience than a necessity. I'll probably take Megid and Ramegid (to use when people start complaining about the instant kills from Megid).

It's not uber-minmaxed, but I think it'll work, with some tweaking.

panzer_unit
Nov 29, 2006, 02:22 PM
I'll learn everything available for ProTrancer with 1 slot left over... 5 melee PA + 5 guns x6 bullet skills. When alternate PA's come out for my melee weapons I might drop the least-favorite element from each gun.

Zalinian
Nov 29, 2006, 02:47 PM
For my Figunner:
2 Mechgun(fire/ice), 2 Twin pistol(Ground/lightning), 2 Handgun(Light/Dark)
the other 30 will be skills for Saber, Twin Saber, Double Saber, Sword, Dagger, Twin Dagger, Claw, and Twin Claw.

For my Fortecher:
All 36 Spells.

Cry0
Nov 29, 2006, 02:49 PM
main char (beast hunter)

dus daggas, renkai buyou zan, rising crush and tornado. twin and single freeze, rising strike, and then other pa's i feel like.

KirinDave
Nov 29, 2006, 04:25 PM
I dunno why people hate Zonde. Not the strongest spell,but it's easy to use and has a high rate of status effect application, probably the highest. Also, one of the better status effects, and no hit cap. Areas like Grove really let that kind of spell shine.

Pentence
Nov 29, 2006, 05:51 PM
Heh well this confirms my suspition that almost everyone will keep resta and forgo an all out nuker type.I on the other hand will get buffs and debuffs and all the technics i can as a wartecher(even if i must forgo the healing techs seems like that wont matter anyway given all the fi and war types there are gonna be).

Frontline nuker who inspires courage to his comrades(buffs) and strikes fear and despair into the heart of the enemy(debuffs).

Astarin
Nov 29, 2006, 06:53 PM
People hate Zonde because it's weaker than Razonde, and has a very narrow range compared to Barta.

Sure, Zonde has a better status-effect, but Barta is better for tagging, thanks to it's suprisingly wide range.