PDA

View Full Version : number of rare weapons on future psu??

Guitarsmasher
Nov 28, 2006, 08:47 PM
i was just looking at all of the rare weapons on the pso episode 1 2 and 3 item database, and wow theres tons!! anyone know whether psu will have atleast this many rare weapons in the future?? because lotsa rares can make up a lot of fun for this game.

Celestial
Nov 28, 2006, 08:48 PM
we can only hope there will be...

Zaft
Nov 28, 2006, 08:49 PM
There are already some rare weapons, and I'm sure alot more will be on the way. We can't really answer how many though, since we aren't sonic team, and I doubt they even could since this game is ever-expanding.

VelosofLight
Nov 28, 2006, 08:50 PM
Since there are over a dozen, I believe, types of weapons, I'm hoping at least, maybe 120 rare weapons. Bare minimum.

industrial
Nov 28, 2006, 08:50 PM
PSU will probably have more rares than PSO due to the synthing system. Time will tell though.

Zaft
Nov 28, 2006, 08:51 PM
Yah, that and PSO was made to be a few month project which turned into a massive game. This one was made to be massive, so they probably have a ton planned =)

VelosofLight
Nov 28, 2006, 08:53 PM
One thing that worries me, though, is that PSO had to have a bunch of different items 'cause each could only ever have one element. In PSU, will they skimp on rares 'cause elements are variable?

Zaft
Nov 28, 2006, 08:56 PM
Perhaps they could make rares of different companies to make up for the lack of elements? It'd add to the looks too (a rare twin saber found in Neudaiz could look completely different from a rare twin saber found in Moatoob).

Xbob
Nov 28, 2006, 08:56 PM
On 2006-11-28 17:53, VelosofLight wrote:
One thing that worries me, though, is that PSO had to have a bunch of different items 'cause each could only ever have one element. In PSU, will they skimp on rares 'cause elements are variable?

I highly doubt it, rares are fun for both the development teams and the players, they're just interesting and a joy to design/find. You can see they're already playing back to PSO with the Creas, they haven't even touched on normal rares much yet. I say we have a lot in store, whether or not angry people do or do not like the content. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Guitarsmasher
Nov 28, 2006, 09:05 PM
On 2006-11-28 17:56, Xbob wrote:

I highly doubt it, rares are fun for both the development teams and the players, they're just interesting and a joy to design/find. You can see they're already playing back to PSO with the Creas, they haven't even touched on normal rares much yet. I say we have a lot in store, whether or not angry people do or do not like the content. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

yea, itd be horrible is sega did tht. im just hoping tht sega planned all of this........by tht i mean tht they planned for everyone to complain about psu within the first 1-2 weeks of it up, but wouldnt it be awesome if sega randomly had a huge update,released tons of items/weapons, didnt tell ANYONE about it, and everyone would log on and be like "ZOMFGF9, 1337!", and it could be......in 5 min??lol, thts highly doubtful, but it would make a sweet christmas present *wink wink hint hint SEGA YOU BETTER BE READING THIS FRIKEN POST*

Xbob
Nov 28, 2006, 09:06 PM
I hope Forces get less girly rares this time around. The best I ever had was Twinkle Star and the Heart one... How fruity is that? A Valentine's day wand and a Sailor Moon Wand... (Also good to note, those are the ONLY!!!!!!!!! rares I -ever- found on PSO since I started playing pre-DC release. No joke. I mean I found monster parts and made weapons from those, but they don't count.) Oran sucked.

Xbob
Nov 28, 2006, 09:11 PM
On 2006-11-28 18:05, Guitarsmasher wrote:

yea, itd be horrible is sega did tht. im just hoping tht sega planned all of this........by tht i mean tht they planned for everyone to complain about psu within the first 1-2 weeks of it up, but wouldnt it be awesome if sega randomly had a huge update,released tons of items/weapons, didnt tell ANYONE about it, and everyone would log on and be like "ZOMFGF9, 1337!", and it could be......in 5 min??lol, thts highly doubtful, but it would make a sweet christmas present *wink wink hint hint SEGA YOU BETTER BE READING THIS FRIKEN POST*

Sega's budget may not be what it used to, but believe me when I say that people complaining about the content did not come as some huge surprise to them. And that there really won't be much to complain about for long.

VelosofLight
Nov 28, 2006, 09:12 PM
Yeah, heh, crazy Japanese with their girly mages. What we need is something jet black with an inverted pentagram in it that triples the chance of instant death from Megid. That'd be kickass.

Guitarsmasher
Nov 28, 2006, 09:13 PM
On 2006-11-28 18:11, Xbob wrote:

On 2006-11-28 18:05, Guitarsmasher wrote:

Sega's budget may not be what it used to, but believe me when I say that people complaining about the content did not come as some huge surprise to them. And that there really won't be much to complain about for long.

hellzzzzzzz yes

Xbob
Nov 28, 2006, 09:15 PM
Personally I'd like a dagger with a lantern. And a Tonberry costume.

VelosofLight
Nov 28, 2006, 09:17 PM
On 2006-11-28 18:15, Xbob wrote:

That would make me as happy as it would make Square-Enix pissed. :3

The Tonberry Knife could be a dagger, with the effect of instant death when wielded with the Tonberry Lantern offhand. The lantern would work like a handgun but shoot Foie.

AeraLure
Nov 28, 2006, 09:18 PM
On 2006-11-28 18:12, VelosofLight wrote:
Yeah, heh, crazy Japanese with their girly mages.

lol.

Wait... *gasp* I'm a girly mage. Bring on those Twinkle Stars etc. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Xbob
Nov 28, 2006, 09:20 PM
No, the lantern would paralyze those foolish enough to still be nearby as the dagger was brandished. Holding down the photon art button would cause the soul of the poor victim caught up in it's grasp, slowly restoring your own health and making you feel alive again as you watched the blood drain from the face of your prey. As it falls limp on the floor, you can poop on it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xbob on 2006-11-28 18:21 ]</font>

Skye-Fox713
Nov 28, 2006, 09:21 PM
Original PSO costumes would be some nice rares to find.

VelosofLight
Nov 28, 2006, 09:22 PM
Y'know, that's an interesting thought. In PSO, weapons had unique special moves. Do you think some weapons might come with their Photon Art slot already filled? For example, an Agito-like sword that you can't equip whatever the Saber PA is to it, but with the added bonus of being able to throw a shockwave that causes Death.

Guitarsmasher
On 2006-11-28 18:15, Xbob wrote:

i want a bathrobe and a showerhead as a weapon,hehehe

Xbob
On 2006-11-28 18:21, Skye-Fox713 wrote:

"Oh...look...I found a HUmar costume... uhh, yay? Wow, this thing is hideous. Did PSO characters really dress like this? It's awful."

Parn
Nov 28, 2006, 09:23 PM
I'm secretly hoping the old HUmar costume is tucked in the game data somewhere. As much as I say I want the swimsuit, I'd sooner wear the HUmar outfit.

http://synbios.net/images/misc/psov2-02.jpg

http://synbios.net/images/misc/pso-gcn2.jpg

Old school, whoo...

VelosofLight
Nov 28, 2006, 09:25 PM
On 2006-11-28 18:22, Xbob wrote:

"Oh...look...I found a HUmar costume... uhh, yay? Wow, this thing is hideous. Did PSO characters really dress like this? It's awful."

Well yeah, in PSO they were lame, but still. Nostalgia and all. Besides, most of the expensive clothes we have now pretty much suck balls. Especially the Vilogis crap for CASTs. Would a HUmar costume only be useable by Human Hunters though? I mean, my Newman hunter would like to get one, and what about, say, Beasts? None for them? It'd have to go strictly by gender, which means you could have a Beast ForteFighter dressed up like Dr. Montague.

Xbob
Nov 28, 2006, 09:26 PM
It'd be funny to watch another race using a HUmar costume. It'd be all stretched out like a bikini. I'd pay to see it.

Lashiens
Nov 28, 2006, 09:26 PM
On 2006-11-28 17:47, Guitarsmasher wrote:
i was just looking at all of the rare weapons on the pso episode 1 2 and 3 item database, and wow theres tons!! anyone know whether psu will have atleast this many rare weapons in the future?? because lotsa rares can make up a lot of fun for this game.

I heard there's over 9000.

/rimshot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Guitarsmasher
Nov 28, 2006, 09:28 PM
what i would give for atleast the original PSO force cloths on PSU. those atleast made your force, actually LOOK like a force. the only force clothing in psu currently is.......nothing, unless you bribe sega..........right now..........whoever's rich out there.........go do it

Guitarsmasher
Nov 28, 2006, 09:29 PM
On 2006-11-28 18:26, Xbob wrote:
It'd be funny to watch another race using a HUmar costume. It'd be all stretched out like a bikini. I'd pay to see it.

those kinda pictures would sell on ebay

VelosofLight
Nov 28, 2006, 09:30 PM
On 2006-11-28 18:26, Xbob wrote:

Yeah, but a female Beast in the HUnewearl costume would be pretty hot...

AnamanaAU
Nov 28, 2006, 10:00 PM
In story mode there's a Newman female in something a lot like the Hunewearl suit.

VelosofLight
Nov 28, 2006, 10:04 PM
On 2006-11-28 19:00, JubeiSaotome wrote:
In story mode there's a Newman female in something a lot like the Hunewearl suit.

Do you mean Maya? Sadly, NPC clothes are not available, as NPCs seem to be made as one model and not a sum of parts. The exception is Ethan. Since you can change his clothes, I guess it's possible that his outfit could be somehow obtained. Doubtful though.