PDA

View Full Version : PSU for the wii

caged_fire
Nov 29, 2006, 06:55 AM
I love all of the phantasy star games to date but i don't have PSU yet so I was wondering if anyone had any information on whether or not it will be coming out for the nintendo wii? If it doesn't then I'll just have to get it for the PC as I don't own any of the other consoles http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Tekershee
Nov 29, 2006, 06:58 AM
To be honest, the controls would be weird on the Wii.

therealAERO
Nov 29, 2006, 07:01 AM
no they wouldn't they would be more than perfect, just like how they are on Zelda, and DBZ

SailorDaravon
Nov 29, 2006, 07:03 AM
Yes because PSU is just like Zelda and DBZ.

Cry0
Nov 29, 2006, 07:06 AM
psu will not come out on wii.

Diablohead
Nov 29, 2006, 07:13 AM
The whole swing to attack would be cool and all but for a game where you do it nearly all the time in a dungeon you will have some seriously sore arms in the morning.

mech259_
Nov 29, 2006, 07:15 AM
That's why the wii has normal buttons on it too. Maybe one of those could be used to attack!

tank1
Nov 29, 2006, 07:17 AM
If PSU does come out on the Wii it own be for a longt time imo.

lordzanon
Nov 29, 2006, 07:25 AM
I had my doubts of the wii before it came out, ended up buying it off amazon.com when it came out.
Its a damn blast, from wii sports(playing with the whole family even my old pops and mom) to zelda and dbz (i never pictured myself playing dbz at my age ).
its just a new way of playing and well those tired arms are due to the excersize your doing.

oh and on topic hell ya id love to see psu on the wii , however i doubt it come out since wii has wifi connection and so far no company is using its connectivity.

pkazama
Nov 29, 2006, 08:02 AM
well actually i dont know about how they would fix up the controls if PSU played on nunchucks, but it could have that backwards compatability like DBZ where you can hook up the GC controller and play it that way. PSO with GC controller was rather confortable. I thinkn PSU may hit the wii sometime in the future, but time will tell

Zabot
Nov 29, 2006, 08:06 AM
well just because no one has said anything yet, i seem to recall a little someting called a controller, hmm, with two joysticks, and some buttons, it resembled that of a nintendo controller hmmm. . . i wonder. . .

Peace

lordzanon
Nov 29, 2006, 09:12 AM
if sega does rush psu for the wii id bet using the motion sensor controllers will be bad and it will be better just to use a gc or the classic controller.

Ryudo
Nov 29, 2006, 09:59 AM
1. Wii controls would be stupid, thousands of hours of swinging the controller? Think before you speak ffs

2. If using buttons Wii doesnt have enough, it'd have to have a pretty messed up control scheme

3. The wii controls are not "perfect" for zelda, they're tacked on a gamecube game that was never designed for it

4. The PSO/PSU team hate nintendo for their piss poor handling of Gamecube onlien gaming, so they dont really want to do it, even if they say they do, it's gaming politics, they dont want to work with nintendo online

Blu_Swade
Nov 29, 2006, 10:04 AM
I doubt PSU'd be released on the Wii, but imagine if it did, how cool would that be?!

Zarbolord
Nov 29, 2006, 10:05 AM
1. use buttons
2. use GC controller http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
3. Get used to them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
4. It would bring them more players, especially thaty now wifi connectionsare developping and so there'll be more online people.

CASSE!!!!

Blu_Swade
Nov 29, 2006, 10:08 AM
perhaps using the motion to control the 1st person cam... awesome sniping action!

Strider_M
Nov 29, 2006, 10:11 AM
If PSU does come out on the Wii I'm pretty sure it'll use the classic controller. I hope it would be combined with the PS2/PC community as well.

Zarbolord
Nov 29, 2006, 10:15 AM
They might add everyone together actually. If the'd have to add some console then why not group them all? Thing is, I think they'll have to get us more universes or more worlds, otherwise we'd be waiting hours for 1 enemy to come out of the bushes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Zabot
Nov 29, 2006, 10:25 AM
um, you could use a controller it would have enough buttons, i use my 360 controller and it doesnt use 2 of them and there is still enough, thats just like a nintendo controller for the wii.

IN YOUR FACE XD

Zarbolord
Nov 29, 2006, 10:26 AM
Yeah, my PC - PS2 type controller has like, 6 buttonsd that I don't use http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

JaiBlue
Nov 29, 2006, 10:41 AM
*laughs at the very existance of this topic* (and yesh I'm back again)

Strider_M
Nov 29, 2006, 10:50 AM
I play PS2 and I use EVERY BUTTON... wait... I can't think what I used Select for.... but besides that button I use everything else for a function.

Velocity_7
Nov 29, 2006, 02:00 PM
Who says you need to use the Wii-mote? There's always the classic and GameCube controllers.

Pentence
Nov 29, 2006, 05:27 PM
Ya know contrary to popular beleif the Wii-mote dosent require you to truly swing your arms.I use simple flicks and do just fine .

On a side note though , i LOVE doing full swing motions.Being a braodsword and kendo fighter its fun to use my real moves in the game.I use the flicks n what not once my arms are tired or im half asleep.

PMB960
Nov 29, 2006, 05:34 PM
It won't come out for it and if it did it would be bad. Yes the controls work better than anything I have ever played before for Zelda and DBZ but they just wouldn't work for PSU. And like many companies Sega would probably force motion sensing controls into a game that really shouldn't have then. If it uses the classic or GC controller fine but it would make absolutely no sense to have motion sensing besides maybe first person mode.

Nayte
Nov 29, 2006, 05:36 PM
The sad thing is, give the wii a few months and the only games that you will see use the wii remote to its full potential will be 1st party nintendo games. Do you really think they would add specific wii compatability for this game? If the game isnt exclusivley available on the wii, dont expect it to use the wii remote much.

Randomness
Nov 29, 2006, 05:44 PM
On 2006-11-29 14:36, Nayte wrote:
The sad thing is, give the wii a few months and the only games that you will see use the wii remote to its full potential will be 1st party nintendo games. Do you really think they would add specific wii compatability for this game? If the game isnt exclusivley available on the wii, dont expect it to use the wii remote much.

You're sure optimistic. Actually, very few games are first-party Nintendo. A lot are second-party.

PMB960
Nov 29, 2006, 05:45 PM
Not if its like the DS. Everyone tries to cram touch screen controls into even if they don't work. Some of the best games for it don't even use the touch screen. But every company try to use it in some strange way that just doesn't work. The really good companies realize they actually don't have to use it or can come up with a good way to use it. DBZ is a great example. The motion controls are awsome but you don't need them to play, they aren't forcing you to use them like other games do and its not exclusive to the Wii. They actually put effort into it think of how they could use the controls in a good way.

jameskeen
Jan 1, 2007, 09:08 PM
kinda funny with all these post saying it wont come out. well if you do think about it. the wii isnt online yet. so with that said. here something that was just said by the producer of psu.

==Japanese developers comment on 2007==

Some great tidbits from various developers concerning their 2007 plans.

"Takao Miyoshi, Phantasy Star Universe producer - Discussed online play in detail, sees enormous potential in the Wii."

BloodDragoon
Jan 1, 2007, 09:23 PM
On 2007-01-01 18:08, jameskeen wrote:
kinda funny with all these post saying it wont come out. well if you do think about it. the wii isnt online yet. so with that said. here something that was just said by the producer of psu.

==Japanese developers comment on 2007==

Some great tidbits from various developers concerning their 2007 plans.

"Takao Miyoshi, Phantasy Star Universe producer - Discussed online play in detail, sees enormous potential in the Wii."

The Wii is online already in regards to the console itself. Not sure about software though. The Wii shop channel, Weather, and net browser are up and running. The news channel on it should be up by about mid month. I'm just waiting to see what's added in those pages of empty boxes on the menu in the future.

The Wii-mote IMO would be a godsend to ranger classes that use first person view alot since the pointer could be utilized for a point/shoot interface allowing for the possiblilty for snapshotting. The crosshair with analog stick always feels sluggish for aiming. :/

jameskeen
Jan 1, 2007, 09:36 PM
lol yeah true. forgot to say about the games not being online yet =/ sorry.

but it would be perfect for the wii. when ppl think about swinging the wiimote and it would hurt after a while. well not really. you dont even have to swing it just tilt it and it does it by its self. like on zelda.

and fps in that game would be great. i have a hard time using the fps mode for the ps2.

so many things i can think of just for the controls . but hopefully it will come out soon when the online is up for the game sotfware

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 1, 2007, 10:00 PM
comparing the game to Zelda, while silly, is not a bad point. Whoever said that Zelda was designed for the GC and then bumped up for the Wii, while true, try playing it with the Wii controller, then try playing the GC version with the GC controller... it's hella better on the Wii and far less confusing and difficult

THE JACKEL

icewyrm
Jan 1, 2007, 10:02 PM
I think it'd be better to use the tilt/motion functions to pan the camera http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
But I doubt it'll be ported to Wii, if they were planning on it they would have waited a bit and released it along with all the other platforms, at the same time.

MayLee
Jan 1, 2007, 10:10 PM
Wouldn't your arm get..tired after the first 10 swings? o.O

happy_cricket
Jan 1, 2007, 10:22 PM
I'd be happier with PSO Ver. 1 on my DS. Mag feeding goodness in your pocketses, we likes it!

*sigh*