PDA

View Full Version : I'm retarded. Need save help

Cry0
Nov 29, 2006, 08:30 AM
Truly. First, I saved over my lv 82 beast (offline), but i seemed to have a backup of back when he was 54, so i thought, ok, no problem. But then today, i saved over my lv 60 ranger (also offline). Now i ask you (pc, btw) online, is it also so easy to save over your other character? cos damn, i'd hate to have that happen. o, and is there any way to retrieve my ranger?

Ryna
Nov 29, 2006, 10:03 AM
On 2006-11-29 05:30, Cry0 wrote:
Now i ask you (pc, btw) online, is it also so easy to save over your other character? cos damn, i'd hate to have that happen. o, and is there any way to retrieve my ranger?

Since your game status is automatically saved after every game action online, there is no need to worry about "saving over" your online character. However, there are two ways you can lose your character online.

#1. You choose to recreate your character at the login screen.
#2. Sega's online servers are corrupted and all the backups are lost.

#1 is most likely to happen when you are creating mule characters to gain items for PM feeding.

As for your Ranger, your character is probably lost. It would probably help if you made a backup of your offline every once in a while.

Cry0
Nov 29, 2006, 01:10 PM
yeh. sux. was just about to go hive... my light bullets just made it to 21 u.u... ah well, thx anyways.

Candor
Nov 29, 2006, 01:19 PM
would system restore work? might as well try that

Tomeeboy
Nov 29, 2006, 01:29 PM
HD recovery tools can often bring back data that has been deleted or written over, you might try something like that if you would like to attempt to recover your saves.